July 2009 All Charity Weekend 7/16 - 7/20

nicolep

I finished that shawl that I had going and finished the skein by starting a hat. :wlol

The trouble is that I wasted about 4 hours looking at and trying patterns for a stole type shawl as my next project. :sigh

well I think I have a pattern to go now so on with the work. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm coming along on my preemie ghan, too. And my tote bag that's stuffed with primary colors is screaming at me to make a bigger kid's blanket!:devil

I didn't know yarn had such a loud voice:D

I posted pics in show and tell so I will just post the link here to save a bit of bandwidth :eek

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1796207#post1796207

The new shawl is going to take a lot of time :( It might not be the best choice for a charity weekend push.

Beautiful!!:clap

:rainbow:c9 Darski, your shawls are really pretty! :dreaming

I have done 12 bookmarks so far, and hope to spend a fair amount of time with :hook in hand today....

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

I'm coming along on my preemie ghan, too. And my tote bag that's stuffed with primary colors is screaming at me to make a bigger kid's blanket!:devil

I didn't know yarn had such a loud voice:D

:haha:laughroll:haha

I posted pics in show and tell so I will just post the link here to save a bit of bandwidth :eek

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1796207#post1796207

The new shawl is going to take a lot of time :( It might not be the best choice for a charity weekend push.

Those are lovely, Darski.

Preemie ghan #2 is over half done. We were gone for about 5 hours yesterday which cut down on crochet time. I don't think we're going out today, so should do better. I'm using up left over yarn. This one is in two shades of lavender and navy. The first one was in soft red, soft yellow and dark green. :hook

:haha:laughroll:haha

Those are lovely, Darski.

Preemie ghan #2 is over half done. We were gone for about 5 hours yesterday which cut down on crochet time. I don't think we're going out today, so should do better. I'm using up left over yarn. This one is in two shades of lavender and navy. The first one was in soft red, soft yellow and dark green. :hook

I have to start thinking outside the box with the preemie ghans as far as color goes. You're inspiring me!

I found a replacement inspiration for my long-taking shawl (that's a word isn't it?)

I am going to try this as a blankie in yellow and white - oh yeah!!!

http://redheart.com/FreePatterns/tabid/118/Default.aspx?tabid=118&patternid=WR1898.pdf

I hope that link works :xfin

Oerfect for a baby ghan! There's a published pattern with this spiral design for a big ghan, too.

I got a baby sweater, booties, & hat set done yesterday. I started it the other day at the hospital. Last night I did another baby hat. And I finished up a bunch of squares.

Oh an I rearrarnged the kids room & living room while I was at it. :lol And yelled at Time Warner for my internet being shut off.

I am so completely and fully ticked. All the hours I spent on this spiral blankie and it is so ruffly that it is just plain ugly at this point :thair

I knew it was bad on row 6 and I have not been able to fix it at row 16. I made the hat and have the sweater started but the blankie aaaarrrrgggghhhh! To frog or not to frog... whether tis nobler to ruffle... :(

Edited to add... I am now going to go sit in my corner and make a hat... that'll show that dumb spiral blankie :grump

:wlol

Archived