July 2009 All Charity Weekend 7/16 - 7/20

nicolep

Well since a lot of my wips got eaten by a pup there is not much for me to add here but I do have 7 eight inch squares and 4 twelve inch ones along with 9 bookmarks. Everything else got eaten.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tammy, I am so sorry for your little "accident"... I would be heartbroken if that happened to me.

Quick note... I feel much better now. Hats are so therapeutic. :wlol

I am so completely and fully ticked. All the hours I spent on this spiral blankie and it is so ruffly that it is just plain ugly at this point :thair

I knew it was bad on row 6 and I have not been able to fix it at row 16. I made the hat and have the sweater started but the blankie aaaarrrrgggghhhh! To frog or not to frog... whether tis nobler to ruffle... :(

Edited to add... I am now going to go sit in my corner and make a hat... that'll show that dumb spiral blankie :grump

:wlol

Oh, Darski! :lol :lol :lol

Well since a lot of my wips got eaten by a pup there is not much for me to add here but I do have 7 eight inch squares and 4 twelve inch ones along with 9 bookmarks. Everything else got eaten.

A wip eating puppy! :eek Well that's one way to get rid of wips. :lol :lol :lol

3 eighteen and a half inch square preemie afghans is my total for this weekend. The first is soft red, soft yellow and dark green. The second is two shades of lavender and navy. The third is white, baby yellow, and bright yellow.

I've finished two premie hats and two octagon-shaped premie 'ghans. About two-thirds of the way through the third 'ghan.

Life threw us a curve Saturday when we received a phone call that DH's stepbrother had had a severe stroke and this afternoon was taken off life support. Praying God's plan be fulfilled.

I've finished two premie hats and two octagon-shaped premie 'ghans. About two-thirds of the way through the third 'ghan.

Life threw us a curve Saturday when we received a phone call that DH's stepbrother had had a severe stroke and this afternoon was taken off life support. Praying God's plan be fulfilled.

Sorry to hear about DH's stepbrother. Sending out prayers for your family.

I got alot more accomplished this weekend than I did during both May and June charity weekends. I finished up a hat to go with the blankie previously posted. Completed another crochet preemie blanket and started a third. Then I got sidetracked with the flannel. I crocheted borders on three flannel preemie/newborn sized blankets. Since I had the sewing machine out, I went ahead and cut the rest of my flannel into blanket sized pieces. I then rounded the corners and zig-zag stitched around all edges to prevent fraying. I now have about 15 pieces of flannel waiting for the next charity weekend.

Final for the weekend:

2 crocheted preemie blankets

1 hat

3 flannel blankets w/ crocheted borders

post-23834-1358974277_thumb.jpg

Well, my accomplishment is quite sad... :( only 1/2 of the knitted scarf is done. However, my knitting is getting faster. Maybe I'll get a lot more done the next time I do this. One thing I have noticed is my hands and fingers hurt/tingle doing knitting that I didn't have when I was crocheting. Anyone else experience more hand problems when they knit?

Anyway, that is my total, 1/2 a scarf. Congratulations to everyone for their successes!! :clap

WTG, everybody!:yay

Well, the one preemie ghan was my only completed project BUT, true to my motto that one can never have too many WIPs...I started a scarf and a 6 point baby RR:hook

Well I finished the nasty blankie but I won't post pics until I finish the sweater set as well.

my numbers...

1 shawl completed

1 capelet completed

3 hats completed

1 Blankie completed

I think I will stick to lapghans - they just seem to be the perfect project for these dedicated days. Truth to tell, my ghan from April is not yet done. Must hunt it up and git er dun. :wlol

My prayers go out to you and your family.:hug

I'm so sorry to hear about DH's step brother. My prayers are with your family.

finished....

one small baby-ghan

three 10" grannies

yea, I'm so happy I completed something this round! Hopefully with the rain coming in a few months I can actually get to more!

NeedleArts....:hug

I was sick all weekend and did not get much accomplished :(

Sorry first now starting to feel better....looks like everyone did a great job :hug

:blush Summertime and birthday parties stumped my bid for any great progress this weekend...

12 bookmarks

and that's all...

Prayers to you and your DH and his family, NeedleArts:hug

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!!

(4 & 1/2) Scarves

(8) Squares

(10) Saltines

(29) Bookmarks

(1) Baby set

(20) Afghans/preemie ghans/flannel blankies w/ crocheted edging

(14) Hats/Preemie hats

(1) Shawl

(1) Capelet

Fantastic job everyone! We got a lot accomplished this month. I'm looking forward to next month also. :hook

Thanks Nicole for keeping track for us.

Do we have a hostess for next month?

I was going to host again, but have no problem alternating it around the members. Just let me know what you all want to do!

Archived