July 2009 All Charity Weekend 7/16 - 7/20

nicolep

I have a saltine preemie ghan that needs to be finished....then there are scarves for the charity in my siggy....

Nicole - have you ever made a RR? They're fun.:yes

We were posting at the same time! :D I haven't made a RR. I don't really like the way they look for some reason. Maybe if I tried one I'd feel differently.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicole, not everyone is into RRs at all...I happen to like them because they're non-traditional, done in one piece and can be stash busters if not made all in one color. A mindless project for in front of the TV,

But graphs are my first love:manyheart

missed last month but I'm ready for this month, I'll be working on chemo caps and baby hats for the local hospital

:clap I am :xfin that I will have more time than I thought I would... I am rearranging some "life" to grab some more hours this weekend.

I will be making some bookmarks for WIZ3283 (Tammy, I didn't forget you;)), so I can send her a nice package for her library.

If time allows, I'll see what else sounds like fun :shrug:huh:2blush

I'll see you all on Thursday!

Counting the time for the official start. I really do need to focus on those shawls. Even if I do no more than move them all along a tad that would be good to go.

I'd like to join in on this if it's OK. I was thinking of putting down my crochet hook for the weekend and picking up some knitting needles, though. I've been trying to teach myself to knit and thought this would be a good way to focus on practicing while doing something beneficial for my community at the same time. Our local Salvation Army needs scarves, hats, mittens, afghans for our local shelter, so I thought I'd knit a scarf to contribute. Please let me know if knitting is a no-no. Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

I'd like to join in on this if it's OK. I was thinking of putting down my crochet hook for the weekend and picking up some knitting needles, though. I've been trying to teach myself to knit and thought this would be a good way to focus on practicing while doing something beneficial for my community at the same time. Our local Salvation Army needs scarves, hats, mittens, afghans for our local shelter, so I thought I'd knit a scarf to contribute. Please let me know if knitting is a no-no. Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

We'd love to have you!

Patty, welcome! It seems that pretty much anything goes as long as it's for charity. I have to complete the last preemie afghan from last month first, then we'll see where I go from there. Only 2 hours and 17 minutes to go! :hook

Patty, welcome! It seems that pretty much anything goes as long as it's for charity. I have to complete the last preemie afghan from last month first, then we'll see where I go from there. Only 2 hours and 17 minutes to go! :hook

Maybe 2 hours for you but its only 7:24 here. :D

This could be good for my stash busting this week... and I sure need the boost.

I am working on a boucle shawl/capelet now and boy is it warm. :sweat But it should finish today << my bad... so why didn't I get it done sooner :? >> and my other lilac one should be a finished object by Saturday.

I love it when a plan comes together. :yay

Glad to hear things are going well, Darski. I can't wait to see pictures. I won't be actually crocheting anything until this evening, but I hope to get a couple preemie afghans done. Chat with y'all soon! Happy crocheting!!!

I'm starting this weekend by combining the last of the squares I made last month into a preemie afghan. I'm not sure how much crocheting I'll get done, as my arthritis is is acting up today. We'll see.

I've been working on finishing a preemie 9 patch ghan I started some months back. The 9 patch parts were done, now to make the squares to frame them.

here are the scarves... They are June & July scarves for the 12 months of scarves CAL. But they are going to Compassionate Creations. The phots are fuzzy as I had to use my phone.

post-19342-135897426553_thumb.jpg

The red one is actually darker - it is Ranch Red from RHSS. The white one is Baby Clouds from Red Heart.

post-19342-135897426548_thumb.jpg

I am just about to finish my capelet and a skein of yarn. But this is not great weather for holding shawls in your lap... even short ones are very warm.

I may yet have to switch to hats. :sweat

I am just about to finish my capelet and a skein of yarn. But this is not great weather for holding shawls in your lap... even short ones are very warm.

I may yet have to switch to hats. :sweat

I still haen't gotten in to making many hats - my thing is graph ghans:D

The scarves look great, Jessica! Really soft and fluffy!

I am coming along on my knitted scarf. It's going slow, I think for 2 reasons. #1, I don't know how to knit :think and #2, knitting is just slow. But, I'm encouraged to keep at it. Thank you for letting me join in. I enjoy seeing everyone's dedication to their projects and their progress!

Archived