In July I Will....

TexasSugar

So in June I started a thread to help me cross some things off my WIP list. Of course something came up and I had to start a new project and wasn't able to cross off the items on my list. In July I will focus on completing an afghan that has a deadline attached to it.

For those that didn't join in in June and want to now, the basic idea is to make a list of WIPs that you would like to finish in July. Then you report back as you are working on crossing the items off your list. You get a :cheer when you complete an item along with that great feeling of knowing you finished something. We love to hear about and see finished projects!

I know July doesn't start for a few days but I decided I'd give everyone a chance to think about what they wanted to do now so they could be ready to go when July 1st gets here.

In July I will finish my Diamond Granny Square Afghan which will needs 225 squares total. Hopefully I get it completed and if I do I will add another item to the list. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In July, I will:

1) make a hooded baby afghan for Corina

2) decide on and make an afghan to enter in the county fair.

3) make my daughter a felted bag for her 20th birthday

4) visit my father's grave for the first time

5) make something just for me.

OK, In Tandem with the Getting it Done 3rd quarter and Christmas 2009 threads I will post here too. (then I have more people keeping an eye on me!)

In July I will:

Finish that Preschool Blanket that everyone at the 'ville is sick of hearing about I am sure!

Thats it! Just the balnket! (I have busy July with vacation and kids activities etc)

In July I would like:

1) Finish Tablecloth

2) Get into the Doily Along

3) Finish up a couple of the baby blankets I need to donate to the hospital

thanks

In July, I will

1) find a job

2) finish fixing my *%$#^ bathroom

3) finish at least one rug for the above bathroom

4) finish my red puff stitch scarf

5) finish my winter TCAL (it'll probably be a lapghan when I'm done)

6) make a drawstring bag for my dice

Count me in!!!!!

In July I will start and finish a baby blanket for the daughter of a co-worker. Her daughter is due in early Sept. and I want the blanket to be ready early.

Because of medical reasons I can't crochet as much as I would like so if I make one project a month that is great for me. Hopefully I can go on to another, but if not I won't come down hard on myself.

In July I will finish

1. do the edging on grandmother's lapghan for her birthday then weave in the ends

2. I will finish working on my cardi

3. work on piecing my beret together

4. finish my friend's pig for her birthday

might add more to the list though

Ratdog~he's been gone for 5 years. I'm ok, it's just really hard to get up there. The last time I went, I got lost and totally missed the graveside service! Haven't had the time or the money to drive back up there since! Hoping to go by myself and just wander the cemetery for a while. Lots of my relatives are up there.

I would like to join in too! :)

In July, I will:

1. Finish the ripple afghan for my son that I have been working on (or not working on...LOL) for months.

2. Get a few amigurumi done.

3. Finish crocheting the pair of socks that I have barely started and put aside.

4. Not let my addiction to crocheting skinny scarves keep me from working on 1-3. LOL

This is just what I need....I love making lists and CROSSING things off those lists, lol.

1. finish father's graphghan---DONE!!!!

2. finish thread table runner--- 4 motifs left, border

3. finish niece's butterfly blanket--- saltines--2/3 done, graph--not started yet

4. plan out DD's butterfly blanket--- ideas floating around....bought most of the yarn

5. make 2 more scarves for charity--- DONE!!!

I love these events but the truth is I just mess up on getting the items completed so I won't be signing on this time. I will stop by and :cheer you on.

Best of wishes to all of you... May your WIPs be short lived :ghug

I am back working and will not have as much time to work on my WIPs

Also the weather has been calling me to go out and mingle with the neighbors.

I will again sign in and I think I will focus on two things this go round

The July scarves for the 12 scarf CAL

and my lace scarf I am making in the Lace KAL

So that is a total of 3 scarfs :crocheting

I'm so glad we're back on for July! :clap Here is my list...

1) All projects ready for County Fair.

2) Enter County Fair

3) Continue Work on Redheart Afghan

4) Continue Work on Shopping Bags for Christmas

I don't know how far I'll get on the Afghan. I spilled some coffee on the yarn and am not sure what to do about it. Anyone ever had to clean coffee out of a skein of yarn? And, the bag I'm working on has to be frogged. I put it together sideways!! :eek What a goof ball I am!! :rofl

I'd like to join, too! :crocheting

In July, I will:

Finish the Entrelac Tunisian Scarf

Finish the socks I'm currently knitting

Of course, I'm also being a crazy person and thinking of starting yet another sweater, but I will try to concentrate on the two projects above :lol.

In July I Will. Sounds like a great thread! :D

1) Tackle a bi-color square for my crochet quilt (Happy Yellow House CAL)

2) Get at least 2 blocks done of my crochet quilt (I need to master the bi-color squares for that)

3) Get at least halfway through my Lilac One Square Afghan.

4) Get yarn for my Bubblegum Throw (eBay!!!)

5) Celebrate my first month with Crochetville. (I didn't know what I was getting myself into...oi!)

6) Find out what making crochet stuffed animals is all about!

That's all for now. I just need to find my G-hook, or go buy a new one, so I can get crocheting on my quilt-ghan! I'll check in here from time to time, to update my progress!

~Nina

I don't know how far I'll get on the Afghan. I spilled some coffee on the yarn and am not sure what to do about it. Anyone ever had to clean coffee out of a skein of yarn?

I have heard that you can wash a skein in the washing machine by putting it in a knee high. The knee high holds it together in shape. I guess you can also just finish crocheting it then wash it all, but I'd rather wash it before just in cause you find out the coffee color won't come off it.

I have heard that you can wash a skein in the washing machine by putting it in a knee high. The knee high holds it together in shape.

I've successfully done this. Note: use knee high pantyhose; I'm not sure a knee high sock would allow sufficient water flow.

Cupcake Purse 2/10 done

Grandmother & Granddaddy Afghan 11 Rows /150 Rows I want to get at least 80 rows done this month

Start & Finish the Rabbit ami I am testing 35% done

Continue working on my weight loss afghan from the (weight loss afghan cal)

OK....I've been thinking about what I can get done, and I wanted to be careful not to over-plan and drive myself crazy like I tend to do....

So here's my list for July:

First off, I'm going to finish these projects:

Finish the three little dresses I started in June (not much left to do!! :D)

Make the matching purse to go with one (so cute, I just have to make it! Resistance was futile! )

Finish my tote bag (only ends and handles left!)

After I've finished those things, I'll go back to the Christmas presents I'm working on in the Christmas CAL:

Graphghan - 18 stitched rows a week = one pattern row a day, less one day a week...just because life keeps getting in the way and I don't want to wind up frustrated.

Grandmom’s afghan – work through the first seven color changes.

Squares for my niece's afghan – work on these as possible. No quota on these – just work on them when it’s feasible....I'm doing pretty well with these, and they'll be good for a take-along project. The other afghans aren't in squares, so they'll be too large to carry places.

If a miracle happens and weight just starts falling off of me, I'll continue working on my weight loss afghan, too. But so far that hasn't happened. :P

I'm also promising myself NOT to start ANY NEW projects in July! NO NEW PROJECTS FOR ONE MONTH! I can do that, right? I have to do that! I need to make some progress on Christmas gifts, so I'm going to make myself resist temptation and focus on what needs to be done. Now that doesn't mean I won't find a pattern I just have to make, buy the materials for it, and plan to start it on August first....nope, I can't promise that won't happen....but I'm not going to START anything new in July. Yep. I can do that. Sure I can! I'll just keep chanting "no new projects" while I work on my Christmas gifts! :rofl

In July I will..... (I hope):D

1. Put trim on yellow BB blanket.

2. Make more purple/pink lg. granny's.--to go towards queen size cover

3. Finish Brown Granny--about 20 more rows to go.

4. Start a pink BB.

5. Continue to practice my Ripple.

6. Finish Tan, Red, Green Ripple.

7. Learn how to do a round Ripple.

8. Continue to make scarfs, hats for chairity.

9. Continue to make blocks for chairity.

10. Continue to work on small blankets for kids for charity.

11. Work on ROAK items.

12. Work on a wrap for a swap.

In short I will be, busy, busy, busy.:lol

In July I will finish:

1. 24 toys for toy drive (and mail them) almost done

2. 2 plastic bag holders (and mail them) just started

3. Tablecloth started last year. (If I can find it) About 1/2 done

4. Hand stitch borders on 4 placemats (then crochet hot pads to go with them)

August is another story.

Archived