In July I Will....

TexasSugar

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fun idea, to set monthly crochet goals! This July I will:

(1) finish Project X (my first freeform crochet project - it's an experiment!) :think:badidea

(2) design and make myself a sweater to wear over my summer dresses :hot

(3) teach myself more complicated techniques/stitches (or Tunisian crochet!)

I'm going to limit myself to those. I tend to get carried away with goal making. :blush

In July I will

--finish Jan's fleece blanket

--finish Brandon's white and black rr

-- finish up two spidey rr

-- make a sunflower rug for Ashley

---make some dishclothes

--- make some swifer covers

that should keep me on track and also get some of my Christmas things done this month.

I'm getting there with the Tunisian Entrelac scarf. I'm almost done with the third row (out of 5). Also, I'm working on my second sock now--this one I'm using as my take-along project, as it's easy to do in public places.

I am working along on my mint green baby blanket like a buzy little bee!!!! I have about 1/3 of it completed. I was able to get quite a bit of it done over the holiday weekend since we didn't go out this year.

I would have accomplished more , but in between got some premie hats crocheted too.

Ok completed something I my list yeah me

1.do the edging on grandmother's lapghan for her birthday then weave in the endsFinished July 6th

2. I will finish working on my cardi

3. work on piecing my beret together

4. finish my friend's pig for her birthday

might add more to the list though

post-23521-135897422664_thumb.jpg

I finished the little lady bug purse I wanted to make to go with one of the little dresses I'm making. I hope to sew the skirts today, and then I'll be ready to go back to my afghans! :hook

Well, I didn't get the skirts done, and now that it's almost time for DH to be home I won't get them done today. I helped a friend's cousin figure out a pattern today instead. I spent too long on it so there's no way I'll be able to do skirts today. I can work on squares this evening and try to do the skirts first thing tomorrow before life gets in the way again. That's my goal for the next 24 hours! :lol

ETA: I just realized DH works a 24 today! :lol So I may have time to do the skirts, after all! I'll just have to try it and see.....wish me luck! :D

Where is everybody? I feel like I'm talking to myself! :ducky

I'm done with the skirts! Notice I said "I'm done" - not "They're done" :lol

I've given up on them. I'm just not a seamstress, so I'm going to find somebody more talented to put the skirts on. They're gathered, and it's just too much for my skill level. I spent all day on one skirt, and it looked terrible. So I pulled out the stitching, called a seamstress, and packed up my sewing things to put back into the closet! I'm really pretty relieved. I couldn't do a good job on them, and I would've wasted a week trying to get three skirts to turn out well. Ripping out seams isn't as easy as frogging, either. :frog The crochet part is finished. I've done everything I can do, so I'm calling them done on my list. :whew

Where is everybody? I feel like I'm talking to myself! :ducky

I'm here.....I've been working on my scrap-gan and am in the final repeat of colors. Then weaving in all the ends and putting a border on. Maybe, hopefully, by the end of the week (or weekend). :yay

I'm going to start on a new afghan when the above is done, although I don't know that I'll have enough time to complete it by the end of the month. But, I'll get a good start on it. :yes

I'm glad ya'll are making progress!! :) It doesn't feel like I have had a lot time to crochet lately. The last two days I have babysat and have barely picked up my hook. I've gotten 27 squares that need a round of sc in black, but at least that is 27 squares made so far this month.

I'm here, too. Getting last minute things done to get my items ready for the Fair. Right now I'm trying to figure out what to pin my doily to in order to display it. I have some red velevet, but not sure what the next step is. Ah well, an answer will come. I need to drop everything off at the Fair Grounds this Sunday afternoon. What a relief that will be! :clap

In July I will...

-finish the baby gifts! (4 babies on the way!!!)

-continue with potty training Sammy

-make some turtles for my collection

-make some little dollies for the girlies in my life

I'm moving along on my dad's graphghan (about 10 rows left) and have done about 2/3rds of the saltines for my niece's butterfly blanket. Only made about 4 motifs for the table runner, but I'm trying to finish the graphghan so I get one thing crossed off my list at least. I also made one charity scarf and am half done with the second. That is my 10 minutes of crocheting right before I go to sleep project, lol. Good luck everyone!!

I'm still plugging away at the mint baby blanket. Couldn't do it for a few days because my hand hurt so much, but did get a little done today.

This might take longer than I thought, but the thread is motivating me !!!

Thanks to everyone who is posting and keeping me going!!!

Congratulations to those finishing things on their lists !!!!!

Archived