In July I Will....

TexasSugar

Beautiful afghan, Heather! I love the way you laid out the colors. It looks great!

Well, I have finished my items for the County Fair, so I am crossing that item off my list! :yay I have to get them to the Fairgrounds tomorrow afternoon and we'll see what the judges think later next week. :sweat

I'm also coming right along on the shopping bags for Christmas gifts. I hope to have those done by the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone in finishing projects. It's getting kinda hot to handle yarn, so let's make up a pitcher of lemonade and invite some friends over to stitch with!! :hot

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok ladies - half the month has gone away.

I am about 1/2 way done with my mint green baby afghan - this month's project.

I haven't been working on it as much being it is summer, but I try to do something on it every day. I am glad my wrist is holding up so I am able to crochet.

I hope I am able to finish this in July so I can go on to another project in August, but this might be an "overlap" project. Only time will tell now.

My gardening is keeping me busy after work - it has been hot here in VA so I am out there watering my flowers daily. :rose:flower

How is everyone doing on their list????? :crocheting

How is everyone doing on their list????? :crocheting

It sounds like you're doing well! It's :hot here, too!

I'm doing pretty well. I finished the small projects I had going, and I've decided to just concentrate on the graphghan for the rest of the month. I've piddled a bit with a small ghan that I want to make, but I can't settle on a pattern, so it's really not going anywhere right now. I'm not going to do the other ghan on my list, because I want to just concentrate on the graphghan. I'm tired of it, and just want it to be DONE. So the starghan I had planned will have to wait. I'm going to work on this graphghan until I go visit family on August 6, and while I'm gone I'm going to work on a football afghan I have pending. I can't work on the graphghan while I'm gone, or the person it's intended for will see it! ;)

So I'm just focusing on that graphghan....although I'd at least like to figure out what color sequence I'm going to do with that other ghan....

As soon as I get the little dresses back from the seamstress, I'll share pics! I can hardly wait to get those back! :D

I'm working on my 2nd afghan project. It's for a good friend of mine and I hope to have it done by 8/1 as I'm meeting her for lunch and want to give it to her. I'd say I'm about a 1/4 of the way into it....

I got the socks done, but unfortunately I ran into a snag with my tunisian entrelac scarf--I ran out of yarn! I managed to get another skein in the green of the same dye lot, but the yarn shop has to special order some more of the Aran color for the border. AHHH!!!

Well, the end of July is fast approaching....I'm a good 2/3rds of the way into my 2nd afghan that I wanted to complete by 8/1. If I can get some good crochet time in I might be able to meet my deadline. :D

How's everyone else doing??

Good luck Heather!!! I know you can do it!!! You still have some time till Aug 1. :cheer

I am still working on the same mint green baby blanket - it is coming along very slowly but at least it is still moving along.

I must have this one done by mid-August, so I really need to rev up my engine and get moving along faster.

Hope everyone else is coming along fine too.

Good luck Heather!!! I know you can do it!!! You still have some time till Aug 1. :cheer

I am still working on the same mint green baby blanket - it is coming along very slowly but at least it is still moving along.

I must have this one done by mid-August, so I really need to rev up my engine and get moving along faster.

Thank you! :) Cheering for you too! :cheer

OK I have 3 days left and at least 5 rows to go on the preschool blanket.

I did only one row today (waaaaay to many errands to run today).

Hoping to do two or three rows tomorrow, I am still going to do my darnedest to finish it before August 1st. (each row takes me about an hour to do and I may need to add a simple SC or slip stitch border even though the pattern does not call for it)

Here it is so far (incase you missed it on the other thread)

post-23494-135897430282_thumb.jpg

Looks great! I love the wave in it. Cheering you on to completion!:cheer

I'm almost done with my 2nd afghan this month! :D I have to put 2 rounds of border on and should be done today! I'll post pics when I'm done. :photo

Ratdog- very pretty afghan!!! It will be the hit of preschool. Keep up the good work- I know you can finish it !!!!

Heather414- WOW... 2 afghans in one month- GREAT job!!!! Look foward to seeing pics of both of them.

I am still working on my July mint green baby blanket. Decided to make it a little bigger than originally planned, so it is taking me longer to do. This will probably overlap some into the August month project. Oh well.... doing the best I can.

How about anyone else?

August projects. Yikes!!!!!

I think I will focus on the smaller projects in August and do the VA lapghans in September.

I love all the CAL that break it down for me. They really help keep me on track.

I was making good progress on the graphghan that's driven me crazy for almost a year now, but then I realized that I've got a problem....

My mother started the ghan, and she stitches much looser than I do. I started it OK, but as it's gotten bigger, I've slowly started making my stitches tighter. The afghan shrinks very noticeably in width as it gets longer. I'll either have to take out about half of it and try to stitch looser, or finish it and gift something that I'm not proud of. SO many hours of work will have to be undone, that it just frustrates me to even look at it. So I set it aside again. I'm sure I'll manage to frog it after I have some time to get over it..... :sigh

I needed something that would give me some instant gratification, so I'm making a hot pad. It's for my own kitchen, and looks just like another one I made. I like my hot pads to be in sets of two, for some reason.

After I finish the hotpad, it'll be August and I can reassess.....

I forgot my commitment here.

1. finished the 24 toys (did 26) mailed to KristieMN

2. finished 2 bag holders, mailed to Jobug

3. found the tablecloth this morning. (will not get it done in 2 days) 29th.

4. finished placemats, hopefully can get hotpads done by end of month.

Be glad it's July 31st! This has been the worst and longest month. Top that with 115 temps and I'm ready for winter which doesn't start for us for three months. WAH! LOL

I'm glad for the 31st day! I may actually get the preschool 'ghan done before I go to bed tonight!!!!!!!!!

I have two rows left to do (had to add several rows over and above the original 43 I thought I'd need).

Then I need to add a simple border to cover a bad edge.

It may actually get FINISHED tonight when I get back from TaeKwonDo!!!!!

I'm glad for the 31st day! I may actually get the preschool 'ghan done before I go to bed tonight!!!!!!!!!

I have two rows left to do (had to add several rows over and above the original 43 I thought I'd need).

Then I need to add a simple border to cover a bad edge.

It may actually get FINISHED tonight when I get back from TaeKwonDo!!!!!

:cheer:cheerYOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT! :cheer:cheer

:)

Just think tomorrow is August and I still didn't complete everything in July the weather here has been kind of warm for me

Archived