yarn color- boy or girl?

i made a baby blanket out of this yarn.

Lion Brand Pound of Love in Turquoise

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/yarnInfo.cgi?start=0&yarnPage=1419096&pageLength=100

what sex of baby would it be best for? or is it unisex?

i am second guessing myself and i would love any thoughts on this.

thanks.

Many baby crib sets are not gender specific. My neice had a jungle theme and I used brown and greens and she had a girl. Your blanket could be for any sex of baby. It would depend on what theme or colors that the mother chooses for the baby's room.

I agree with everyone else that it is a unisex color but it would depend on the afghan pattern. If it's lacy or fancy it could be for a girl. If it's more of a simple stitch then it could be for a boy.

I agree with everyone else that it is a unisex color but it would depend on the afghan pattern. If it's lacy or fancy it could be for a girl. If it's more of a simple stitch then it could be for a boy.

:yes flowery for girl, geometric or plain for boy.

I wouldn't use that colour for a boy myself. it just seems to have been claimed by little girls as the colour of choice and I think it is identified as such.

I did use a lavender colour on a boy blankie recently but it was only a small trim colour with a largely blue and yellow theme.

Unisex. The color is good for both sexes in my opinion.

I agree with the others - it depends on the pattern used to actually determine the "sex of the blanket".

i used the "baby bubbles" pattern.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/bubbles_baby_blanket.php

my cousin is having a baby and the sex is a suprise. i didn't want to make a yellow/green blanket. i'm just going to give it to her and hope the color choice is OK with her. they aren't snobby people.

thanks for the opinions everyone.

I don't see colours as gender specific, personally. Sure, pink is supposed to be for girls, but I don't like pink and I don't make things with it! "Gender colours" sounds very stereotypical to me (I don't mean to offend anyone, this is just my opinion!).

That said, turquoise is a lovely colour for any baby - it's a nice vibrant colour, it's very versatile and mixes well with other colours.

A great choice!

I would use it for either one. I like the brighter colors for babies anyway. My littlest grandson has a red blanket and the older one has a dark blue.

Darski--

I wouldn't either. I think it's more for girls too.

Carol:hook

I wouldn't use that colour for a boy myself. it just seems to have been claimed by little girls as the colour of choice and I think it is identified as such.

I did use a lavender colour on a boy blankie recently but it was only a small trim colour with a largely blue and yellow theme.

I don't think of any color as boy or girl. I like to use medium shades of rainbow colors with off white. I've even used bright colors with black. You can make it "girlie" with flowers/lacey or a "boyish" plain pattern.

Ellie 13

ok.. now I get it. :blush When I went to the LB site there was a lavender yarn at the top of the page and I did not see your "Turquoise" note in the OP

<<My Bad>> Yes turquoise is definitely good for everyone. I highly recommend it in fact. :rofl

Literacy is a wonderful thing.

Archived