Red Heart Newsletter Today-A Snuggie Pattern

I got my newsletter this morning and haven't put the snuggie thought away since. I always get so cold when sitting watching TV and crocheting and having a blanket on doesn't cover my arms :) This is perfect and I've been showing everyone here at work, hehe (yep, not really working like I should be). My kids would loves these too, so I'll have to make a few in bright varigated colors I think

Can't wait

Val

I think Bernat (?) had one too, but theirs was a different stitch, it was the *sc, dc* st and that takes forever with me. I was wondering if I could do it all in DC and this one is just like that. perfect.

Every time I see the commercial for the fleece ones, I keep wondering if I could turn it around and use it like a robe instead... ;) Then my back won't get cold if I stand up...

Someone mentioned on the thread for the other one maybe a CAL needs to be started for these... (hint) ... Although I probably wouldn't join until fall when it gets cold.

Someone mentioned on the thread for the other one maybe a CAL needs to be started for these... (hint) ... Although I probably wouldn't join until fall when it gets cold.

Oh, that would be wonderful! I'm thinking of perhaps making one with my stash yarn for a Christmas present for someone.

It calls for an L hook, but I'm not seeing where it is 2 strands together. It doesn't look loosly woven. Am I missing something? Advise to a basic crocheter please?

Well, the gauge says 11 dc = 5" which would work out to just a smidgen above 2 dc per inch, so it must be either loose, or like you said, two strands held together. Odd, definitely. Perhaps they meant to say two strands held together, but left that out???

The pic doesn't look like 2 strands held together. It just looks loosely crocheted. I'd use a smaller hook for single strand work and use the L hook for super bulky yarns or 2 strands together. I've already got my yarn picked out for this one!

I was thinking of using a K hook. I crochet loose all ready so that would probably get me up to guage. Maybe even do the medium adult. Would have to check my guage.

Using a K hook and one strand of WW, size 4, yarn is doable. I've done it a lot. Love it for fast afghans.

Thanks for the heads-up... I'm using the Bernat pattern. Already started working on one of several for Christmas gifts. I'm using one strand of RHSS in lavender and an I hook. I'll take a look at the Red Heart pattern... if it's faster, might switch over LOL. Can't wait to finish these so I can make one for myself :hook

Is the bernat pattern the one that's called a wrapghan? That looked to be a thicker fabric after crocheting. I might like that one better for my sister in law. She's perpetually cold!

If y'all start a CAL in September or thereabouts, I would be interested in trying one of these. I think I would try a 2 stand deal just for the speed of completing it.

If y'all start a CAL in September or thereabouts, I would be interested in trying one of these. I think I would try a 2 stand deal just for the speed of completing it.

I was thinking it might not be too bad for those in winter areas or colder areas who want to start one now. Then we can watch and see what yarn and pattern is used for these snuggies.

I love doing 2 strand afghans. Not sure how this wold work on the sleeves, but I'm sure darski could figure it out.:yes

Archived