A Searchers serendipitous find

JHablinski

:welcome! Loved your post. And I "read" while I crochet, with audio books. :) we don't have cable, so if there's nothing on (on our limited viewing options) DH and I pick up our hobbies, and mp3s...

Oh, my! That was such a great intro!!! :welcome to the Ville!!! With your sense of humor :rofl and writing capabilities, I look forward to hearing more from you. Also, would love to see some of your creations. And, if you need help, you can go to utube online and watch the videos. I've crocheted for over 40 years and still am learning!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Crochetville,

Thank you for all the welcoming messages I received to my introduction posting. All of the responces were very positive, warm, and fuzzy, except one, and that one is of some import. Amy S. Crochetville Administrator took me to task for one of words used in my Intro. It seems my verbege was offensive to some, and for that I am extremely repentant. It was never my intention to use language some parents and children would find improper. Indeed my words, I thought, were far less shocking then the everyday dialog used during prime time on our televisions each evening. It has always been my belief that gratuitously offensive words were totally unnecessary in our day-to-day interaction. We have many many words in English we can select instead. So to any and all who were taken aback by my choice of words I most sincerely apologize—John Hablinski

Hi John:hi and :welcome to the ville.. I am in Central Texas!! Love your intro:manyheart and I must say that you should not give up on that "Great American Novel" yet!! I see a lot of potential!!:yes Your sense of humor is great!! :day Would love to see your finished potholder!! I have also tried many crafts but crochet:crocheting seeems to be my favorite other than reading, but like you, I can not read and crochet at the same time!!

Ladies and Gentlemen of Crochetville,

Thank you for all the welcoming messages I received to my introduction posting. All of the responces were very positive, warm, and fuzzy, except one, and that one is of some import. Amy S. Crochetville Administrator took me to task for one of words used in my Intro. It seems my verbege was offensive to some, and for that I am extremely repentant. It was never my intention to use language some parents and children would find improper. Indeed my words, I thought, were far less shocking then the everyday dialog used during prime time on our televisions each evening. It has always been my belief that gratuitously offensive words were totally unnecessary in our day-to-day interaction. We have many many words in English we can select instead. So to any and all who were taken aback by my choice of words I most sincerely apologize—John Hablinski

Isn't Amy just wonderful. she takes such good care of us. :ghug

I hope to be able to share my works of wonder, even those that cause you to wonder what in the world was he thinking. I don’t yet have a digital camera, nor do I use a cell phone, but I checked with my local Walgreen’s and learned I could use one of those $5.98 single use jobs and for a couple of bucks more get them digitized on a CD. I have never been a photo enthusiast nor have I joined any of those “Social Sites” so I guess I have to catch up with the world—John Hablinski

Crikey, John, my interest was piqued - I had to go back and have a look for the naughty word but I couldn't find it. :lol

Welcome to the Ville. We don't mind long hair or beards, we come in all shapes and sizes, ages and nationalities, colours and creeds. Basically we're just a nice bunch of people ;) Welcome to the Ville, we're looking forward to your potholder!

Hi and a big welcome from W. Michigan!

*musing*...As the acorn is to the mighty oak, that proverbial first misshapen potholder often goes to seed the most avid of crocheters, John - Welcome to our world!

As for the next "Great American Novel", lol I know that I wasn't alone in thinking I was reading between the bubbles! - I, too, am looking forward to more posts surfacing from your keyboard, kiddo....Speaking of novels, I was thinking just the other day that while not outwardly apparent, any one of our projects is very much a story - That our mood, our cares, our worries and our joys are woven into each work as the yards of yarn pass through our hands and over hour hook...If stitches could talk, eh?...

Crochet away!

~Jeanne

:hi and a warm welcome from PA

Glad to have you on board. As for all the other things you tried, not too worry, I have found that sooner or later you will find yourself incorporating them into your crochet.

Take beading, wasn't my thing either, but once I learned to put it into my crochet projects to get some Bling going on, now I love it. Also great for making your own stitch markers/holders. And sewing often works into a necessity to put some things together or to line them. Quilting is fascinating, and can be quite exciting when done in crochet.

You are setting yourself up for some great experiences here.

Looking forward to "seeing" you in some of the forums.

Hi John,

Welcome from Texas too. I too went back to reread your entry for the inappropriate wording. :think You must have changed it already. :D Glad to have you here at the 'ville. As Jeannej said "if stitches could talk" our projects speak volumes about our states of mind.

:mug:cat:yarn

Welcome from Kansas.

I loved reading your intro and am looking forward to many more of your posts. You will love it here. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and encouraging.

I have learned so much here. Any time you have a question, just ask and you will get replies and helpful suggestions. :hook

And, please share photos of your work when you are able to.

Archived