Super Nice Woman at Craft Fair.

I went to a craft fair w/ my stepmama, and it was kinda disappointing... sold very very little.

BUT: There was a woman selling potholders. Why, you may ask, is this important? Because they were EXACTLY like one my mother has that she got from her Granny and has been begging me for SIX YEARS to make her more like. So I went over to buy one (To take apart and learn to make) when she smiled. and told me "Its just single crochet honey" I nodded and mentioned that it looked cute.

So she marched over to our booth and taught me to make them. :cheer

So I just felt like sharing. It made me feel nice that she did that for me. (and kept walking back to see how I was doing... I finished it a little before we left.) I gave her a scrubbie.

awwwwwww... sorry about the sales............ but what a sweet story! :hug

Now there is a fellow crocheter for ya.. huh?! Cant wait to see some pics of the ones you are making now! :hook

:heart

:mug

It only goes to show that crocheters are great people!!! Now you go out and do a random act of kindness to/for someone - spread the good around. :hug

what a sweet story, yep crocheters are some of the nicest people around

I used to do craft fairs and many of the crafters were very nice but there was always one or two that didn't want to share things. I'm glad she was kind enough to share the pattern with you. Hope you will continue to do craft fairs.

How do you get started in craft fairs? I've always wanted to, but am not sure where to start. :D

In my case, by tagging along with my stepmom and doing her dirty work (End weaving, tagging, doing runs out to the truck)

I'm hoping to do another one in June. :hook

Thanks for sharing that story. It's always nice to hear about things like these days. Most people won't go the extra mile to help someone out, especially when they're trying to sell the finished product. I think that just goes to show you how warm-hearted and friendly crocheters really are, haha! :manyheart

:manyheart that story! I'm so happy she came over and showed you how to make them, such a wonderful lady!!!

Archived