Some good clean fun?!

Hey ladies :hi

I made it home to Philly today and without much traffic :D I have to go back to catch up on what I missed over the weekend, but that will wait until tomorrow. I'm ready to lay in bed a relax with my book a bit :c9:hug

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back home Marisa- thanks for letting us know you are back safe and sound!!

I can't believe how fast 10 days goes by !!! I thoroughly enjoyed the R&R- and all the time I had to read and crochet which are my two favorite activities!!! Trying to wrap my head around having to go back to Paradise today! One good thing- it's only a 4 day week!!!

Have a good day all!!! Off for more coffee- I'm going to need it!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I slept in a bit and then came down and chopped up the veggies I got at the market last night for my salads this week to take to work and made some hardboiled eggs for them too. Just finished up bfast and don't see my workout getting in this morning :eek But, I must confess I decided that last night when I set my alarm an hour later than usual :blush I'll do some ball stuff later :think

I was able to read back and catch up with y'all......

Stacy - WTG with the packing, I need to get moving myself but I'm never here to do it :sigh Glad to hear you had a great vaca, even with the food poisoning :eek At least you didn't let it ruin your trip :h5

Joanne - Awesome bags!!!! ALL of them :yes and I'm also excited for this 4 day week :yay We stopped at Joann's on sunday....me, mary, and my dad. We had to run to the mall to go to the Apple store (mom dropped her ipad and cracked the screen and coincidentally safari kept freezing but we found out they weren't related, anyway they replaced it for free!!!!! :yay:clap I've always been anti-Apple, but they may be starting to convert me after that :think ) Anyways, Mary was at the end of a skein and didn't bring anymore of that with her so we knew the JoAnn's was there so we stopped. Well, we both walked out with a ton of the big balls of the bernat chunky and the cotton, the ones that are usually about $10 for $2.97 each :eek I got some for my sister and me and mary got some and there was 2 balls left of the sale ones and my dad looks at us and the cart he was pushing and says, well you're not going to leave those 2 behind are you :rofl :rofl Lo and behold, they didn't have what we went in for though :blush

Beth - So sorry to hear about your cat's adventure, but so glad to hear that he's ok :hug :hug :hug I'm the one moving in August, and I think Stacy was supposed to but was able to move it up :think Can't remember exactly :blush Get moving on those stadium blankets!!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer the season will be here before you know it :soap

LeeAnn - Your camping vaca sounds just wonderful :manyheart I've never been truely camping, staying in an RV a few times, but I don't really think that qualifies as camping :no

I hope you all have a wonderful day :hug

Hello dear friends,

Took the cat to the vet -- have to be careful with him -- he has a compromised immune system. Any way, the wound doesn't look too bad, but he may have swelling which may affect his trachea, so I have to keep an eye on it. I found us new eye doctors, which makes me happy. And set up appointments for all 5 of us. I paid bills, too. Still have a nice, long to-do list for today, but I don't tutor, so I have a bigger slice of time to work on it. Don't go into the ballet studio until 5:30, also, so that give me more time.

Joanne, how nice to have a 4 day week after your vacation -- ease back into Paradise.

Marisa, Sorry you didn't find the yarn you wanted at Joann's, but it sounds like you had a good visit there anyway. Your dad sounds funny -- but smart. You didn't want to leave those lonely balls of yarn all by themselves...

LeeAnn, Your camping trip sounds wonderful. :c9m I enjoyed camping with the kids when they were younger. It was fun to watch them build campfires, burn marshmallows... My favorite trip had a bald eagle very close to our campsite.

Stacy, I hope your packing is going well. Moving sounds like a lot of work, but having a home just for your family -- that has to be awesome.

Off to clean cages...

Oh, just to let you know, I managed to finish another stripe on my stadium blanket, so I have 2 more to go. I hope to do one a day, spend another day edging it, so it should be finished by Thursday. :xfin

Good evening ladies :hi

So glad that work is over for today :whew It sure was crazy!

Beth - It sounds like you were pretty productive and glad to hear the cat will be ok and that you found a new eye doc :yay As for my dad.....he's a hoot, they just don't make them like that anymore :no He and my mom are a breed all their own :rofl In a good way totally :yes

Evenin all!

Joanne-so sorry to hear that Paradise wasn't fun, do you manage people? I hope that you were able to crochet your stress away.:hug

Marisa-great finds at Joanns! I love yarn! Your dad sounds like such a sweetie.:hug

Beth-oh my gosh! your poor cat, hope he feels better soon.:hug

Work has been stressful, it has been extremely difficult managing so many teachers. The older ones are having a tough time following directions from someone younger...:( hopefully they will come around.

I started a baby ghan with the new yarn, I couldn't resist. I am trying a shell and dc pattern but am carrying the color up the side so that I do not have to tie off, I think I figured it and out and can't wait to show all of you! I love it!

The kiddos were picked up by the in-laws. They are going for the week, I should be cleaning out my room. All of the sleeping bags are calling my name but I am ignoring them and choosing to get a little bit of hook time in. Off to take a shower.

hugs n extra squishes!

Good morning!

LeeAnn- Yes, I manage people- and two of them are fairly new- I'm training one of them now which is adding to the stress level. That's because I have to train, yet my work still needs to get done. Actually, it's not even realistic to expect that I should be training someone new in addition to having to get everything else done. I know several people that have a hard time reporting to someone younger than them and takes a while to come around. Hope today is a good one. Can't wait to see the blanket!!

Beth- Did you get to work on your stadium blanket? I started another tote- this one is NOT a SBT- I know, don't faint!!!! It's another one of Sue's (turtlelvr) patterns- called Heart Strings tote. Figured I'd give my wrist a break from the double stranded SBT!

Marisa- Here's hoping that we both have a better Wednesday at work. Although honestly, I think today maybe even crazier than yesterday was---but I've made up my mind that when the day is done- it's done- I'm not staying late--no matter how much hasn't gotten finished!!

Stacy- How's the moving coming along? Are the DD's settling in to their new home?

Off for another cuppa- I need fortification for the day ahead!!!

Good mornng ladies :coffee

Not much to report this morning, had a bit of trouble sleeping last night and tossed and turned a bit :think Today is my boss' bday so I sure hope the day goes smoother so that we don't have to bother him at all :xfin

LeeAnn - having to manage those older than you can be tough, you kinda have to prove your worth to them, but they will come around :hug :hug :hug Just takes some getting used to.

Joanne - I have downloaded that pattern too and it's on my list next as well :lol

Good morning! The alarm didn't get us up this morning. I guess we really needed the sleep, because the extra 45 minutes didn't feel like much.

Joanne, I hope Paradise is more heavenly for you today. It is unreasonable for you to be expected to train and to get all your work done.

LeeAnn, it is hard to take direction from someone younger, particularly for teachers. I hope they come around quickly, and realize that you got that job for a reason.

Stacy, I hope moving is going well for you. I miss hearing for you, but I'm sure you are busy.

Marisa, I hope your work goes well. I can't imagine trying to prepare to move across the state while working a full time job.

Well, I didn't get any crocheting done yesterday, except the brief bit I did in the vet's waiting room. I did take my second pilates class, and I'm feeling a little more muscle tightness than I did the first time. I need to learn the routine enough to do parts of it at home in between classes, though, or it won't do me much good. Amazing how tired my arms get, being held out straight for the majority of a song.

Off to crochet! Wish me luck.

Good morning! The alarm didn't get us up this morning. I guess we really needed the sleep, because the extra 45 minutes didn't feel like much.

Joanne, I hope Paradise is more heavenly for you today. It is unreasonable for you to be expected to train and to get all your work done.

LeeAnn, it is hard to take direction from someone younger, particularly for teachers. I hope they come around quickly, and realize that you got that job for a reason.

Stacy, I hope moving is going well for you. I miss hearing for you, but I'm sure you are busy.

Marisa, I hope your work goes well. I can't imagine trying to prepare to move across the state while working a full time job.

Well, I didn't get any crocheting done yesterday, except the brief bit I did in the vet's waiting room. I did take my second pilates class, and I'm feeling a little more muscle tightness than I did the first time. I need to learn the routine enough to do parts of it at home in between classes, though, or it won't do me much good. Amazing how tired my arms get, being held out straight for the majority of a song.

Off to crochet! Wish me luck.

Well, I'm just doing little bits by way of packing for now. My last day of work is Aug 12 and then I'm going on vaca for a week so I'll have the last week of Aug to finish up packing. So I'm really not pushing myself too hard :lol But am working at it little by little :yes The problem is that there's always something going on for the weekends too :whew Back up to my parents this weekend. I have stuff I need to take up there before all the craziness starts when my bro and his family come the following weekend :eek

Today was a better day than yesterday! Thank goodness the employee that i'm training is computer savvy and is a quick learner!!! It was crazy busy though---and I left on time- and left work for tomorrow-

Off to hook for a bit--

Will post more in the AM

Good evening ladies :hi

I've been doing some computer work in between checking in with a couple threads here :D

I need to head upstairs to go through more clothes and get that task done :eek

Work wasnt too back today, but was busy. I was able to get alot of paperwork done though :clap:yay

Hi all!

Joanne-so glad that you had a better day. :D hook time sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see your new project.

Marisa-happy happy happy! Your move is coming up, bet you are super excited!

Beth-wtg! The exercise class sounds like :c9.

Work was busy yet again, had meetings most of the morning and one this afternoon...trying to get all of the teachers on the same page. I am optimistic that it will happen. On another note, My bedroom looks like a tornado hit! uggghh! I am going to work on it some more than shower and hope to get a few minutes of hook time in.

hugs n squisssshhheeeeesssss!

Good morning,

My hubby has jury duty today, so we got to sleep in. Six AM feels so much better than 4:45.

I hope your days at work go well. I have some housework I need to do, and there's tutoring and ballet studio work, and my son has a swim meet. Typical day.

hi friends!

Doing a quick drive by, been crocheting up a storm! But wanted to say "Hello!"

Hope all of you had a Fantastic day! And TGIF by the time ya read this.

hugs n squishes!

Hi girlies!!

We have internet! :jumpyay I feel connected to the world again. :lol It's bedtime, so I'm just doing a quick drop-in to say hello and let you all know I'm thinking of you! Our new place is awesome-ness! We've been swimming several times already, and had our friends over yesterday, also. The girls like it, but most days they sit around like they are just waiting for something to happen. :think I think they are still getting used to the other kids being gone. We've been moving little by little every day, and they are bored from that also. :lol I think next week we are going to take a break from moving and go to a museum or something, just for them to have some fun.

Well, I better go- something is going on in the bathroom and I need to investigate.

Love and hugs!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning and yes, LeeAnn, TGIF!!!! you have no idea how long this "short" work week has been!!!!!

Stacy- Glad you have internet now and that your new home is awesome-ness!!! That put a smile on my face early this morning reading that!!!! I'm so happy that you are out of the roomy nightmare situation!!!!! Planning something fun for the girls next week sounds like a great plan!!!!

Beth- Sleeping till 6 is way better than 4:45!!! I fell asleep last night at9:30 and got up 4:30- so finally got a good nights sleep of 7 hours. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! Now to get through the work day and all will be good- with 2 days off!!!!! Didn't do much of anything last night- other than empty the dishwasher and watch the Yankees for a bit- started a friendship square- but that started making me sleepy so that's when i decided to just go up to bed!

LeeAnn- Hope your Friday goes smoothly today! When do your kiddos come back home?

Marisa- Safe travels to the folks house tonight.

Off for another cup of Joe's Dark- and then time to get ready for paradise.

Hugs to all!

Good morning ladies :hi

I never made it back in last night. After work I had to make a pit stop so it was already a bit later until I got home and had stuff to do :sigh I still have quite a bit to finish up before heading to my parents tonight.

LeeAnn - Total agreement, TGIF!!!!!

Stacy - It will take a little getting used to for the kids, but :yay for the awesome apt and NO roomie

Joanne - Thanks, have a great day in paradise :wink

Happy TGIF to everyone!

Marisa, I hope your day goes well. How long has it been since you've had a do-nothing weekend? Or do young people like you not need that? I can't remember. I live for the days I can relax all day.

Joanne, Some weeks are harder than others. Are you almost done training the new people? A full night of sleep feels so good, particularly if it's not interrupted. I went back to bed today, after sending off my dh, but it wasn't the same as sleeping until 6.

Stacy, how lovely to hear good things from you! Happy internet! The new apt. sounds great. I'm sure the girls will adjust quickly. Having a pool -- wonderful. Do your girls all swim? If they need lessons, I'll send my son right over!

LeeAnn, always so nice to read your cheery, upbeat letters. You exude such lovely positive energy. I hope your day is great, and you get lots of hugs and squishes! Do you miss working with the kids?

Well, my dh has an eye doc appointment this afternoon, and can't go by himself, he's only 49, we can't expect him to know about his insurance, right? So I get to go with him. I had to cancel a day of tutoring for this. At least I should be able to sit and crochet. I am behind on the stadium blanket. I wanted to have it done by now, but I am on the last stripe. I hope to finish that today. The next one is a five-point start in navy. I will give it a thin white stripe, then edge it in navy. Any takers on which team that will represent?

Morning all!

Quick fly by again, can't see to get myself up and going.

Beth-hope your dh's eye appt. goes well,...men, gotta love em! :-) I miss working with the children something fierce! I keep telling myself all of my hard work is so that they get the very best education possible, but I miss their little hugs n squishes.

Joanne-any big plans for the weekend? My kiddos come home tomorrow, we do not have anything planned, relaxation and crocheting is on my list.

Marisa-you do have a busy week/weekend! Goodness! Sending positive energy your way.

Stacy-yipppyy skippy! No rommies.

off to work I go!

hugs n extra squishes!

Good morning!!!

Welcome to the weekend!!!!

Got another good night sleep (yes, even if I'm early, I did go to sleep early) I'm ready to tackle the day and get chores/laundry out of the way so I can have a nice relaxing afternoon!

LeeAnn- It must be tough not to work directly with the kiddies, but here's some hugs/squishes for you:hug:hug Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend and I'll be you'll be happy to see your DS and DD!!!!!

Stacy- Hope the move is continuing to go well!!!

Beth- Gotta love men!! And as far as what team the navy star blanket is going to be, since you are doing football---I'd have to say Cowboys! (of course if you were thinking baseball- it would be Yankee colors) Hope all went well with the appt and that you finished the stadium blanket!!!! Remember, we love pictures!!

Marisa- Hope the rain didn't slow down your packing up the car, trak to your parents house!!!

Mary--thinking about you- and hoping your transition to an apt is going well. How was the craft show?

Colleen- Hope you are continuing to do well and are feeling great.

Off to get my coffee and start the Saturday routine!!!!

have a good one everybody!:hug

Joanne, what colors are the Giants? I have a lot of royal blue, and don't really know what team that could represent. Good luck getting your cleaning out of the way. I actually did a little housework already today. Don't faint.

Marisa, I hope your trip to your parents' goes well. This is for your mom's birthday, right? I hope it's a fun, stress-free weekend.

LeeAnn, My favorite part of the day at the ballet studio is when certain kiddoes come in. Thursday, this boy came in, had to be around 10 years old, and showed me a pen he made by himself. He turned the wood on a lathe, and put together the rest of it from a kit. He was SO proud of himself. He went around and showed all the adults that would pay enough attention to him to look at it. You enjoyed working with the children so much last year, I thought you'd miss it. But you are doing them all a lot of good this year. Extra squishy hugs to you!

Stacy, How are the dogs adjusting to the new place?

Well, I knew I was low on yarn, but didn't think to grab another skein, so I couldn't finish at the eye doc yesterday. I'm about half done with the last stripe. When I'm done here, I hope to get going on it. I've found lots of reasons not to work on it so far today. I still have today as my finish-by date.

Happy weekend!!!

You can do it Beth!!! You will finish the striped ghan!:cheer

NY Giants Colors- Blue and red (with some white)---Royal Blue is perfect for the Giants!!!!:clap

Got the laundry finished, and downstairs done, 2 bathrooms cleaned. Now waiting for DH to wake up so I can run the vaccuum and then clang around in the kitchen!!! Off to get more coffee!!!

Archived