Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beth- Love, love, love the sweater!!! it looks so beautiful on your beautiful DD!!!

That is so cool that you took a ballet class!!! When my DD's were taking ballet, jazz, tap, etc, I took a jazz class with some other adults- so much fun!!!

LeeAnn- Woo hoo!!! Training is over!!! Hope your day went well.

I'm home now waiting for Mr. AC Guy to come. They said between 3 and 5- and it's now 4, so I am patiently waiting!!!(well not so patiently- LOL)

Marisa- Happy "Friday" to you- when you read this, it's your weekend and you'll be off to Pitt in the AM!!!

Howdy doody all!

Joanne-did you get your AC fixed? sure hope so! Today was hot hot hot! I was melting. How was Paradise?

Marisa-have a safe trip to Pitt. :)

Beth-the sweater is awesome! Great work! I bet your dd loves it! So wish I had someone to make me goodies.

Today was super duper hectic at work, I am fried! But on a happy note, we are planning a 3 day camping trip for next weekend. We will leave on Friday evening and return Monday afternoon. So excited, we have to get Betty ready this weekend. :lol:lol

going to sit and veg. Hugs n squishes!!!

Good evening ladies :hi

I skimmed though what I missed yesterday. Mary got a 90 on her final last night :clap We got 3 wrong, but weren't able to go back to see which ones....I did catch her making a few mistakes, mostly with signs and such so maybe one slipped by :think I was also working on the new turtle filter I picked up on lunch break yesterday while she was working her problems. I returned the other filter I bought last week and got a whole different brand and so far so good....it works wonderfully and the turtles seem to love it :lol It has a sprayer bar across (which the old one did too but this one is more powerful) and shoots the water out which helps to stir up the aquarium...every time I look over there, they're haning out under it :rofl

My boss game me a laser printer and fax machine yesterday :clap It's the old ones we used to have in our offices until he got the all-in-ones we use now :D I guess that about covers it for now, need to head up to bed. I cleaned and packed after work. Still a few things to do in the AM before leaving to be ready for company when I get back on sunday :yes

I'll check in while away but will be on nook or phone so posts will be less than adequate :lol I usually get some 'text talk' slip out :lol

This is a fabulous idea! I tend to have the opposite problem; crochet too much and my house is a pig sty. This will really help me get on track with my cleaning and then I can crochet guilt-free.

:welcome

Good morning!

Safe travels Marisa- you are probably already on your way! That's nice that your boss gave you the laser printer and fax machine!! are you bringing them to Pitt this weekend?

Welcome Cindy- This CAL started out as a way to motivate us to clean- and morphed into more than that- we do occasionally cheer each other on with our cleaning- but usually we just chat about everyday life--Glad to meet you!!!

LeeAnn- A camping trip sounds like just what you need after all the intensive training and getting back into the swing of working again! Have fun getting ready for that!!

Beth- It's soupy here- did you send this muggy weather up to NJ, cause if you did, you can have it back! LOL

AC guy came about 10 min to 5 as I kind of expected- leave work to be home by 3 and he doesn't come till almost the end of the 'window of time' they give you. Of course, had I been not home at 3, that's when he would have shown up!!! But good news is that it is no longer making any noise ! He said something about a piece of metal vibrating against something???? I don't know- all I know is it's not making the noise- and I sure hope it doesn't again!!!

Off to get ready for my last day in Paradise for 10 glorious days!!!!!

Joanne, We didn't send the soup up there -- we still have it here! Are you sure you're just not copying me? I hope your last day goes quickly, and you can start enjoying your nice break.

Marisa, have a safe, fun trip. I hope you find the perfect office space.

Cindy, welcome to our group.

LeeAnn, it's wonderful to have a 17-year-old dd who not only wears what I make, but asks for stuff, too!

Stacy, I thought you'd get a break when school was out, but it seems your employer realizes what a great asset you are, and wants to take full advantage. At least your vacation is coming up.

Well, I'm supposed to meet with my crochet group today, but I'm pretty sure it will just be two of us. But that's OK. She's one of my favorite people. We'll have a great time. Then I tutor her brother, and of course it's pizza night. Speaking of which, I may need to run to the grocery store.

Have a good one. Try to stay cool, Joanne.

HELLO LADIES

It has been a long time. Just to start off I do think about you guys alot. I like it that we are still connected thru facebook.

Ok here goes, my news...............

Iam moving sometime between the 15th of July and Aug 1st.when the apt. is ready. This was not a decisson made easy. It has been alot of crying and thinking long and hard to come to this decisson. I pray every day for my kids, mother and sister that are standing behind me and are helping me along the way.

My Mom turned 80 yesterday and we are having a surprise party for her Saturday night. All her grandkinds and great grandkids and also other family will be here. This was a very hard secret to keep. She is going to be very surprised. Plus I can't wait to see my 2 kids that don't live here.

My son has told me that as of Sept 1st he will be moving in with his girlfriend of one year. She also has a little girl so I guess I will be able to say that I have 4 grandkids then. Iam very excited about this.

I try and get here when I can but that dosen't seem to often lately. I also have a craft show next weekend, long weekend, and then another one in Nov. So between moving, looking for a job and crocheting I don't seem to have much time on my hands. Which is a good thing right now.

Well it was nice talking with you

Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

Beth, the sweater is beautiful. So is the model.

SHIRLEY!!!!!

Everybody, this is my irl friend Shirley -- Shirley, this is everyone!!! Please join us. We don't bite -- hard.

Thanks for the compliment

Mary :hug It seems like you are going through a lot right now -- and staying very busy. Congrats on the "new" grandchild. How exciting that she gets to be part of your family. I really respected my step-mother-in-law. not only did she teach me to crochet, but she thought of all her husband's children, whether by birth or by adoption, as her own, and welcomed me with open arms. By the way, her name was Mary.

Cindy, it is very sweet when they ask for things. A 3-year-old! I can almost remember when mine were that young. I have my dd and her twin brother - both 17 - and my firstborn son, who is 18 and just graduated from high school.

Got a headache. I am going to try drinking something cold. It's very muggy today.

Hi all,

Welcome Shirley- How cool that you are Beth's IRL friend- you can become our friends too!!! Stop in more often!!!

Cindy- I have 3 adult daughters- and the youngest is the only one that is married and she is expecting my first grandchild in August!!! I'm very excited about that!

Beth - We had some storms roll through and it's actually much more comfortable now! Heading to Boston in the AM through Monday and then on Tuesday we are going to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore! Looking forward to the time off for sure!!!

LeeAnn- hope you had a good friday and have fun getting ready for camping!

Mary- Good luck with the craft show and I hope it brings you lots of sales!!! Also, positive thoughts for a successful move! I'm glad you stopped in- and I'll be saying special prayers for a special lady!!!

Marisa- Having fun at the baseball game?

Stacy- How many days until your vacation?

Off to pack, be back sometime tomorrow- of course, yarn, hooks and laptop are traveling with me!!!

Good morning,

I did just have one girl show for my crochet group, and she was an hour late for a 2 hour meeting. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the bother. Other times, it's the best thing on Earth. We stayed at the library, rather than the coffee shop, because my son was taking her out right away. But I get to go to the coffee shop with my adult irl crochet friends today, so all is good.

Not much else to report. I hope to get some housework done today, but nothing exciting.

Hi ladies, im in pitt. Went to baseball game last night which the pirates won, going tonight to ad im rooting for boston. We are meeting my cousin for dinner beforethe gametonigt so i have to go shower. My sis and i took a nicelong walk today which felt great.

Cindy and shirley, ill introduce myselfproperly tmorrow when i have a real keyboard. Lol

Hiya friends!

Been super busy again...seems like I do not have enough time to get everything done that I want.

Joanne-have a safe, fun filled trip! Exciting!

Beth-bummer about the meet up, haven't crochete with friends in a long time, that would be so much fun! Did your headache go away?

Marisa-hope your team wins!

Mary-praying that your move goes well and that you have fantastic sales! Good luck with everything!

Cindy-welcome to our group! I have two kiddos, Cristopher and Celine. I have an etsy shop too, haven't had much time to update and add my new goodies, eventually!

best get a move on it, we have been cleaning and cooking. Must get myself ready to go shopping.

hugs n squishes!

Can't sleep, but I can't turn the light on, either, so there's no saying how this will turn out. Can't quite see the keys.

Joanne, I hope you are having a great trip. Did you leave already?

Marisa, glad you are safely in Pitt. Yell "hi" to the West towards my folks, OK? They are about an hour away, in NE Ohio.

LeeAnn, You certainly are staying busy. I haven't worked more than a few hours a day since my kids were in elementary school. It's a lot to do. I hope you are having fun preparing for your camping trip.

Cindy, what's going on? Have you started using the "crochet as a reward for cleaning" system yet? How is everyone?

I woke up thinking about my oldest registering for college, and since I homeschooled him, I need to get his transcript finished. :yuck paperwork, my favorite! But it's keeping me awake, so I need to get it done.

Have a good one! :hug

Morning all,

I ended up having a very relaxing day yesterday! Had a change in plans. Spoke with DD on Friday night and because both DH and I weren't coming to Boston (hotels were SO expensive), I was going to come up myself and then come home Monday and then go to Annapolis/Baltimore on Tuesday. She said she would love to see me, but reminded me that vacations are supposed to be restful and relaxing and that she'll be coming down here when Ryan is born anyway.

So I took her advice (as much as I wanted to go to Beantown) and didn't go up. I slept in, read a little, crocheted a little, watched the Yankees a little, napped a little, and generally just took it easy. Just what I needed!!!

Beth- good luck with the transcripts for your DS! When will he start? Some places start in August, some in September--is he excited to moving on to the next chapter in his life? Hope you get a nap in today!!

Marisa- Sounds like a baseball filled weekend for you? Did you get a chance to look at any offices?

LeeAnn- It's hard to get into the swing of things when you are working plus the kiddos are off school for the summer.! Hang in there!

Stacy- How many days till your cruise? you must be getting beyond excited. Oh, thought of you yesterday- I went to the Bux and in honor of being on vacation, I bought a bag of their coffee for home- my treat to myself (plus I was out of Joe's Dark):lol:lol The Bux is much closer to home that Trader Joe's!!

Off to pack and figure out which yarn I'm taking with me- that's the most important thing!!!

Howdy doody my friends!

Beth-you sure were up early! Hoping like Joanne said you get a nap later on in the day. Are the transcripts difficult? That is awesome that he is headed off to college, what a fun and exciting time! Is he looking forward to it?

Joanne-your dd is so precious! Thinkin of you traveling, what a sweetie! Staying home and relaxing is a wonderful idea.

Dh cleaned Betty, going to do a run thru this morning and see if she needs anything else cleaned and then it's on to the packing, we have a list-I am hoping that it will not take long. I still haven't packaged up my swap items, they are sitting ready to be placed in a box...gotta get to it today.

Will check in later, going to have a cup of coffee before setting to work.

hugs n squishes!

Just checking in to let you know I'm here safe and sound- and also went to Trader Joe's and JoAnn's which were both in the same strip mall. Picked up two skeins of yarn (RHSS pink camo) on clearance!!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day

Hey ladies :hi

I'm tired, but just wanted to check in quickly.

Beth - I think you folks heard me :think

I didn't get a chance to see any more office spaces, nobody got back to me yet that I contacted last week :sigh

However, the excitement here..........................

One of my turtles escaped their tank at some point between friday morning and this morning :think:eek Mary came to water plants this morning and one was missing. She called me to tell and was looking around. Found him under the sofa :eek:rofl I swear it gets funnier and funnier every time I think about it....only because he's ok though; at least seems to be :xfin I'm guessing he was boosted by the other one since there's really no other possible way for him to have gotten out :think He had a far drop to the floor imo....poor guy. And let me tell you Mary really yelled at him after she got him back in the tank!!!!! :lol Oh well, I guess I really do need a bigger tank because they just keep growing. Never would've gotten out if they weren't any bigger :think After I move I'll do something :think

Night ladies :c9

Good morning,

I'm taking a break from working on one of the stadium blankets I hope to sell in October.

Marisa, so, are you going to name that turtle "Houdini"? Maybe he wanted to race a hare?

Joanne, I hope you are enjoying your time off. It was sweet of your dd to think of you, suggesting you stay home and relax. That sounds sweet to me.

LeeAnn, another busy day for you? Now that training is over, what will you be doing at work?

Stacy, another day closer to your cruise. I hope things are going great for you. Are you prepping for your move?

Today I care for the kitties, tutor, and work at the ballet studio. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday, and I didn't get anything done, so I need to wrestle with that transcript. At least I made it for 3 years last year, so I just need to add the final year to it. And copy with grade changes for my twins, who will be duel-enrolled in college this fall, as well. The local community college starts in August. That's where he's going to start. I would like him to transfer to a 4-year-college with a bachelor's degree program in nursing, but we'll see what he decides to do.

Good morning,

I'm taking a break from working on one of the stadium blankets I hope to sell in October.

Marisa, so, are you going to name that turtle "Houdini"? Maybe he wanted to race a hare?

Joanne, I hope you are enjoying your time off. It was sweet of your dd to think of you, suggesting you stay home and relax. That sounds sweet to me.

LeeAnn, another busy day for you? Now that training is over, what will you be doing at work?

Stacy, another day closer to your cruise. I hope things are going great for you. Are you prepping for your move?

Today I care for the kitties, tutor, and work at the ballet studio. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday, and I didn't get anything done, so I need to wrestle with that transcript. At least I made it for 3 years last year, so I just need to add the final year to it. And copy with grade changes for my twins, who will be duel-enrolled in college this fall, as well. The local community college starts in August. That's where he's going to start. I would like him to transfer to a 4-year-college with a bachelor's degree program in nursing, but we'll see what he decides to do.

Hmmmm, right now his name is snapper, but maybe I should change it :think:lol Hope you're feeling better today and are able to get some things done.

Work was alright today, nothing exciting, which is a good thing :yes Hoping to start a tote tonight :xfin

Archived