Some good clean fun?!

Good evening friends :hi

Just a quick stop, I've got a bit to do this evening. But, I left my job for the very last time tonight :yay Now it's vaca through the whole next week and then I work at a different office for my last 2 weeks :eek It's coming so quickly!!!

Not much to say, so I'm gonna run so I can check my other threads too before I get moving.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long day in Paradise- and like LeeAnn said- early TGIF!!!

Congrats on the sales LeeAnn

So happy about your great aunt, Marisa- Have an awesome time next week- hopefully family drama will die down- and enjoy!!! I can't believe the time for you to leave for Pitt is almost here!!! That's great that you found a place- I didn't realize that--did I miss that post??? Wow I guess I'm more tired than I thought

Beth- Hope your day went ok- and that you are not toooooo hot!!!! Drink lots of water!

Off for the night!

OK, jumping in the car to drive now. My cousin called and now they are not coming. Apparently my aunt's PCP cleared her, but she didn't see the cardiologist until about 5:30 tonight after she started to get more chest pains and he did a chemical stress test and was not able to get good results. So he said he wanted to repeat the test tomorrow and if he still couldn't get results would have to do a catheterization and my aunt said to just do the catheterization. My cousin doen't feel comfortable now coming with that situation and I completely understand that. So she's staying back with her sister, but her sister's kids are still coming. Their arrangements will still work out. So let me just ask for continued prayers :hug :hug :hug

On that note, I gotta run so I can get on the road :hug :hug :hug I'll try to check in tomorrow

Happy Friday!!!

Prayers for your aunt Marisa!!

It's going to be a really hot/humid day here in NJ!!! Thank goodness for air conditioning- almost makes being in Paradise all day bearable...almost-:lol

Off to get ready- and get this party started!!!

:hug to all!

Marisa, big hugs for you and your family. I hope you have good news from your aunt, so it doesn't put a damper on the family festivities. How exciting that you are almost ready to start your own business!!! I'm sure you will succeed.

Joanne, long time coming, but TGIF!!! If I had to work in a building without a/c, I'd quit! I was dripping sweat when I went to ballet -- just finished grilling dinner outside, and drove a car without a/c. Everyone acted like I was going to have a heart attack. It was almost funny, but it sure felt good to sit in the a/c with a cold water.

Stacy, I hope things are going well for you and your daughters (and Jorge, too.) Are you settled into the new place yet?

LeeAnn, how do you find time for everything you're doing? It sounds like things are going well for you!

Well, it is miserable here -- got up to 98 degrees yesterday, and should be hotter today. I'll be spending the morning at the eye doctor with the oldest one. Then I tutor, then I hope to get a chance to run to the pool to cool off a little. Maybe not. It may be a definite sit in the a/c day.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm at my parents. Got in around midnight last night and was up around 6. Pop and I cleaned the turtles so they are all nice and fresh :D

Don't have much time here, the crew is all up and running around.

Greetings!

Just running out the door but wanted to say Hi and Hello to all of ya!

Kinda tired today as I have been making soap, lotion bars the last three nights after work and dinner and dishes...tonight I get to relax.

Hugs n squishes!

Hi all!

Marisa, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Continued prayers that all will turn out well. :hug:hug:hug I also didn't realize you had found a place! Congrats. That must be a huge relief for you.

Leeann, :yay for more orders! You are doing it, girl! I am so proud of you. :hug:hug:hug Have fun tubing. When I was younger, our family vacations consisted of tubing, canoeing, and camping. The tubing was the most fun. :yes

Joanne, TGIF! Any fun plans for the weekend? Hope your day in Paradise goes quickly. :hug:hug:hug I went to TJ's the other day and bought a can of Joe's...I had to grind it in the store and my kids thought that was SO cool. LoL Off to make a cup right now. :coffee

Beth, yikes @ being all hot and sweaty. I hate sweat. :yuck Glad you were able to cool off at the ballet studio. We are almost all settled in. There are tons of boxes in the garage at the house, though- not sure where we are going to put them. :think I honestly don't even know what's in them. :shrug

Well, my baby is in El Centro with my in-laws for the weekend. Isabella started crying that she missed Eva before we had even left the driveway. :rofl She is so dramatic. She will have lots of fun, though- my niece is really excited that Eva is coming to play with her. :manyheart

Today I am taking Isabella and Mia to buy new shorts and pajamas, then they are sleeping over at dh's cousin's house. I have to work tonight and Jorge is going to a concert. Tomorrow we are supposed to be taking them to Knott's Soak City, but I'm not positive about that yet.

I'd better get going, though- they are raring to go! Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug

Hi all,

Have a good weekend!!!

I'm thrilled this work week is over---although not thrilled with the 105 deg temps!! Thank goodness for AC

I'll post more in the AM---but wanted to wish you all a Happy Friday!!!!! And happy weekend!!!

Yikes, Joanne! I'm watching the late-night news and they said it hit 108 in Newark, NJ! :eek Those are L.A. temps right there. Stay cool and drink lots of water! :hug:hug:hug

Oh, ladies...:sigh Tonight was terrible. Two very difficult customers left both me and the manager completely frazzled. The second one wanted to return a purse that his mother was actually USING!!! As in, standing at the register, taking stuff out of it and putting it in a new one. :eek And he spent the next 30 minutes cussing us out when we said we couldn't return it. :rolleyes I made a stop at the grocery store after work, and as in the check-out lane with only about 5 items in my hand, the woman in front of me offered me a cart. I said no thank you and pointed out that I had already started putting my items on the belt, when she shook her head and said, "Seems stupid to me that you don't want a cart, but that's your dumb choice, I guess." Seriously?! My stuff was already on the belt! I tell ya...

Anyway...I'm *trying* to wait for Jorge to come home from his concert, but I don't think I'll make it- my eyes are closing as I type. Love and hugs to you all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Morning!

Already been up, cleaned and went to Trader Joe's!!!! Wanted to get everything done that needed getting done nice and early. It's already 90 degrees here!

Stacy- What do some people think? I can't believe that they wanted to return a bag that was being used!!! Simply amazing!! Bet you were glad when your shift was over!!!

Yes, it did hit 108 in Newark and my middle DD and BF live there- she said it was HOT! They are going to come here today. I want to give her a bagful of school supplies that I bought for Jersey Cares I was at Target and they had a bunch of school supplies on sale, so I got lots of stuff for the drive.

LeeAnn- thinking of you and hoping you have a great time camping.

Marisa- Have fun at the reunion!!!

Beth- Stay cool- Do you have plans for the weekend?

Top of the morning to ya friends!

Joanne-:eek:eekI would freak out in those temps! Oh my! Here in CO, I feel like 90 degress is hot, I agree, sweating is icky. We are going camping next weekend, this weekend tubing, tomorrow. The kiddos are soo excited! Today we must clean and grocery shop...fun fun.

Beth-I was so tired last night, crafting and working is tiring, I find that the crafting takes my mind off all the stress at work tho. But I miss :hook how are your projects coming along?

Stacy-so sorry to hear about the rudeness, I am amazed daily at how negative folks can be. We practice PMA-Positive Mental Attitude both at work and here at home, wish more people would hop on board.

Marisa-:hughave a great day with family!

going to sit and get hook time in, the family sleeps late, I should be cleaning but na...the hook and yarn are calling me.

hugs n squishes!

Had a nice day today- Both my middle and youngest DD's came over- along with middle DD's BF. We spent the afternoon watching the Yankees (unfortunately they lost) I crocheted a fish dishcloth, and 4 coffee cup cozy's in cotton while watching the game. Nice and mindless!!!

Dinner is on and they are both going to be back for dinner and then middle DD is sleeping over- she 's taking her BF to the train since he has some work to get done for his upcoming art show! My pregnant DD is having some minor cramps- sounds like Braxton hicks to me!! She went home to play with Belle for a bit and then is coming back over for dinner!

It was a great day!!

Lee Ann- I love the PMA!! Sorry I got the weekends confused- have a great time tubing!!!

Today was a tad over 100---I'm so ready for 80's weather- that's as hot as I like it to be

Have a great evening everyone

:hot It hit 104 degrees today, that I know of. I spent a couple of hours at the pool. My poor son is working outside in this heat for 8 1/2 hours. It is threatening to storm, though, so I hope it will cool off a tad.

Joanne, I think your day sounds like a slice of heaven. How wonderful to spend it with your girls. I hope your dd is taking good care of herself.

LeeAnn, I used to think the 90's was hot, then I moved here. I still don't LIKE the 90's -- the 80's are bad enough because the humidity is so high here -- but there's something about those 100 degree days that are just painfully hot. It hurts to breathe. I hope you have fun tubing. It sounds like fun. I'm glad you make time to craft. I know it helps me stay calm and cool when life gets a bit hectic.

Stacy and Marisa, I am sending thoughts and hugs to both of you. I hope you are having fun weekends!

Joanne!!!! How exciting for you! I hope everyone is healthy. Say "hi" to baby Ryan from me! Lots of :hug :hug :hug and prayers your way!!!

Everyone else, stay cool, and have a fun day. Mine will be spent grocery shopping, tutoring, and finding a/c with my hooks and yarn.

Hello all!

Joanne-hello and greetings to precious Ryan! How exciting! Did she already deliver?

Beth-I agree, sitting right in front of the a/c with hook and yarn sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday.

Getting ready to head out to Pagosa, waiting for the family. BBL! Hugs n squishes!!

I'm home from a long day--but a very exciting long day!!!

Ryan made his entrance into the world at 5:51 PM. He weighed 7lbs 8 oz- and is 19 1/2 inches long! Once DD started pushing, he was born in 13 minutes. It was getting to the pushing part that took so long!!

He is beautiful- and Mom, Dad and baby are all doing good.

It is just an incredible feeling to be a Grandma!:c9

Good morning all---I'm heading to Paradise today- and then going to see the new happy family afterwards! Somehow I have a feeling it's going to be hard concentrating today!! I'll be counting the minutes till I can leave and go see them!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Hugs!

Long day- and just wanted to say that so far I LOVE being a grandma!! Can't wait till he's home in his own house---which will be tomorrow. I'm taking off Wed, Thurs and Frid- and will get to spend lots of time getting to know him

I'm tired- so going to call it a night----Hugs to all!

Evening all!

Getting ready for bed, I am exhausted! Tubing was adventerous, a little scary but fun in a scary way. The river was running fast and furious. We are all safe n sound. Thank goodness!

will post more tomorrow. Joanne-so happy for you! Do we get to see pics?

hugs n squishes!

Good morning,

LeeAnn- Tubing sounds like it was lots of fun- scary fun!!! I need to check with DD about posting pics- if she gives the go-ahead then I will!

I have lots to get done in Paradise today since I'll be taking the rest of the week off. So it should be a crazy busy day.... so off I go to get ready to tackle the day!

Hugs to you all!!!!

Archived