Some good clean fun?!

Evening All!

How is everyone this fine Monday? I hope well.

Joanne-so glad and happy for you that you are on vacation and can relax and have a great time!

Marisa-your turtle is pretty amazing, escaping. Gave me a good chuckle. Happy happy that work was the same ol', those days can be nice.

Work has been super hectic. Basically my co-worker and I are in charge of 16 teachers and 3 center aides. We make sure that all paperwork is filled out accurately, the teachers have to go on a Home Visit before the children are allowed to attend. Scheduling all of these visits with the teachers help is a lot of work...especially because depending on the classroom, each teacher can have as many as 15 kiddos or at least 4. We are also planning Family Night this week as well as employee schedules, breaks, time off....and also making sure that the classrooms are functioning well. Not a dull moment, but I love it! I enjoy being busy. The day flies by!

Going to sit and :hook while I have the energy.

hugs n squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning??? Well, 3:00 in the morning IS morning, right?

Obviously, I can't sleep. I am planning to work on the transcripts now, once I'm done with my daily playing.

LeeAnn, a busy job is a good job. Nothing like sitting around watching the minutes tick off the clock -- makes for a VERY long day.

Marisa, I hope your trip to Pittsburgh is very productive. I can't believe nobody got back in touch with you to show you office spaces.

Joanne, I hope your vacation is perfect.

Stacy, Take care of yourself. It sounds like you have so much to do with work, the kids, preparing to move, and getting ready for your cruise. Can't wait to see pics after the cruise!

Back to the drawing board! Have a good one.

Wow Beth, I sure hope you have time for a nap today :hug I slept well, but was up early around 5:30, then dozed off until about 6:30 and got up since I knew my friend would be coming down to leave around 7. She just headed out and I'm having my coffee with you ladies. I pondered going back to sleep, but decided just to stay up. My friend enjoyed her conference yesterday, it's an international teacher something and there's a couple younger ladies from her school that are just being snooty and fake pretending to want to spend time with her while they're here so she just started ignoring them :lol

Anyhow, I did get to start the tote last night :clap Other than that, nothing to report here today :think

hi all!

just got in, going to prepare dinner but wanted to check in first.

Marisa-that is just not nice of the ladies to be so rude, I can't stand that, seems like we have people that are not nice everywhere...including my work place....grrrr..

Beth-hope you get to rest some.

Joanne-thinking of ya! Know that you are having an awesome time!

BBL! Hugs n squishes!

Just a quick stop to check in, but want to read a bit before turning in. We sat chatting up a storm and watched a show. Then I found out she has a nook too, so we were trying to figure out how to be nook friends :think I sent the request so she's going to leave hers on to pick it up :xfin

I took a Pilates class at the ballet studio yesterday. Wow. that was a workout!

Marisa, BOO-HISS to the fake, snooty women. I'm so glad your friend is getting to see you. I hope you have a great time together.

LeeAnn, now that you're done with training, are things slowing down any? Do you have any time to craft when you are at home?

Good morning!

We had another restful, relaxing day yesterday and I went to a LYS and oh my, let me just tell you I was in yarn heaven.:yes Such friendly people- and not "knit-centric" which was a very pleasant surprise. I was just oohing and ahhing my way through the store- looking at (and feeling) all the wonderful yarn.:manyheart I did end up buying 2 hanks of some beautiful alpaca silk mix yarn to make myself a scarf- what a splurge that was!!!

I did sneak another trip back to JoAnn's while DH was taking a little nap before dinner and picked up some more clearance yarn!:devil

Hope everyone is well (and Beth- hope you are not too sore after the Pilates class)

Evenin all!

Quick post, getting ready for our camping trip, but wanted to stop in. Have a great night and Thursday! Tomorrow is Family Night, will not make it back here till Monday evening.

hugs n extra squishes!

Good morning!

I'm back home, DH is sleeping and all is quiet while I sip my coffee! Forgot to post last evening that on the way home, we stopped in Delaware- and ended up in a JoAnn's which was in the same shopping center where we went for coffee. They had 97 cents yarn- so I walked out with $20.00 worth of yarn. Honestly, I bought more yarn on this mini vacation than I really need...but who can turn down such great clearance prices?

LeeAnn- You won't see this till you are back- but hope you have a wonderful camping trip- Happy 4th of July!!!

Marisa- Are you heading home for the 4th?

Beth- How are you feeling after the Pilates class? Did you get the transcript done?

Mary- Thinking of you- and wishing you the best!

Stacy- How's the packing coming along? You must be coming up on cruise time very soon!!!!

Off to the deck with my coffee and some crochet- I am on vacation after all and can be as lazy as I want!:yes

Cartwheels, Cabbage Patch, and cheers!!! I finallly got the first transcript done!!! The other two will be a relatively simple matter of copying, changing names and grades, and recalculating GPA. Easy Peasy, since I've been teaching them the same subjects since 5th and 6th grade...

Joanne, why do you think they named that store after you -- so you could get your yarn on! Seriously, I bought a lot more at Michaels when it was on clearance than I needed. Some times, you can't pass up a good sale.

Marisa, I hope your day didn't get off track from getting up late. I some times have a hard time adjusting to a change in my schedule like that. Did you figure out why your alarm didn't wake you?

LeeAnn, enjoy your family day and your camping trip. It sounds like so much fun.

See you! :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I totally thought I checked in here last night :think I had a great night sleep and will be heading up for my workout after having my coffee. I almost finished my tote last night to send out for someone else and only have the last round to go :yes

Joanne - I'm going to Pitt again this weekend. I'm driving out after work on friday and Mary's coming with me. My parents are going out as well and my aunt and uncle too :yay

Beth - I wasn't too off track so it wasn't hard to get myself caught up :yes I hope those transcripts go well.

LeeAnn - I hope you have a great camping trip, although you probably won't see this until you get back :wink

Good morning there ladies :hi

Just a quick stop while getting ready for the weekend in Pitt again :yay Me and Mary will be leaving from work so I may be sparse over the next few days. Of course I'll have my nook with me :wink In case I don't make it back though, have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend :hug

Good morning!

Happy Canada Day to Mary and Colleen!!!!

Marisa- Have a safe trip- hope you don't have to much traffic- but at least Mary will be with you!!! Here's to a happy 4th!!!!

Beth- WTG on finishing the transcript!!! Do you have any plans for the holiday weekend?

We are going to be laid back and take it easy- DD may be coming over sometime this weekend- her DH has to work Sat and Sunday. She is officially on maternity leave now!!!

Off to get ready for a trek to TJ's (sure wish it was as close as the one in MD was to our hotel). And, since there is a JoAnn's right across the street, I'll probably saunter on over and see if they have any 97 cents yarn. A girl can never have too much 97 cents yarn!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,

The big plans for this weekend involve a trek to a grocery store, didn't make it on Thursday, taking my kiddoes and a couple of friends to the bowling alley today, working on the last two transcripts, and trying to make some progress on the two stadium blankets I have in the works.

Joanne, I may need to swing by Joann's here to see if there's any 97 cent yarn. Like I need more yarn. Enjoy your weekend. Maternity leave -- I know you are getting excited.

Marisa, have a safe, fun trip.

LeeAnn, hope you are having a wonderful time camping.

Off to get the day started. My coffee pot is calling me -- so pitiful.

Morning!

Suprise Suprise! popping if for a few minutes. Have a safe relaxing holiday friends! Been running like a chicken. :-)))

warmest or should I say "coolest" of wishes! hugs n squishes!!!!!

Got 5 more skeins of yarn at 97cents....they didn't have much left- but hey, 5 skeins is 5 skeins! I got LionBrand Microspun in Royal Blue- I had already gotten 2 in that color. I think I'm going to make this for next summer

http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/edgewater/edgewater_5.html

It says experienced, so we'll see.

Joanne, Congrats on the yarn score. The patterns at naturally caron are just gorgeous. I think I love them all. You picked a beauty.

LeeAnn, thanks for stopping by during your busy busy weekend. I hope you are having fun.

Marisa, Good luck in the Pitt. I hope you are having a good weekend.

Well, I currently am planning to spend some time today working on housecleaning. Hate to do it, but it needs to get done.

Good morning!

Housecleaning- oh, how I don't like that word---but Beth, I'm with you- even though I'm technically on vacation still, I do need to do a little housecleaning. Took care of groceries and laundry yesterday, so I guess I'll just get to the cleaning and be done with it!!!

Figured I'd show you what I've been working on the past week!

Three SBT's: Yellow and variegeted cotton, Delft Blue and Soft White, Delft Blue and French Country. Also a granny stripe boutique bag in Turqua and last night I made a little stroller blanket for Ryan to match the stroller. It's grey and green (Baby Bubbles Blanket pattern)- the color doesn't show up great in the pic.

Have a great day!!!

post-27163-135897671933_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671936_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671939_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671943_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897671947_thumb.jpg

:hi all!!!

I don't have time to chat- I'm at the house, packing. We are about half-moved already! Dh wanted to start the day we got home, so...:blush:whew

Our trip was absolute HEAVEN!!! :c9 It took a night to get used to the rocking of the ship, but we had so much fun. The best part was our port at Catalina Island. We went kayaking and took a golf cart out for a tour (they are the only form of auto allowed on the island.) I got food poisoning the night before we went to Mexico, but I did get off the ship :wink and we took a trip to the Bufadora and the outdoor flea market.

Well I need to get going. I just wanted to check in and say hello to you all! We won't have the 'net at the apartment until Wednesday or Thursday, so I will check back then. Love and hugs!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy- Glad to hear you had a great trip- (but sorry about the food poisoning) Good luck with the move- and will be looking forward to hearing from you again when you are moved in- and YAY for no more roomie!!!!

Hope you are having a nice weekend everyone- we had rain today- the angels woke me up today with their bowling- and it rained on/off all day- but stopped enough for the Yankees to play. We went to a movie today- Larry Crowne- light and fun- with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. Came home to watch the Yankees and I made another SBT with my clearance yarn!!!

post-27163-135897672607_thumb.jpg

Joanne, wow! You made some lovely bags, and other things. How many more do you have to make for your Christmas presents?

Stacy, welcome back. I'm so glad to hear your cruise was great. I'm glad you are home safe and sound Can't believe you are already moving -- why did I think you weren't moving until August?

Today has been one of those days. Amanda told me first thing that she found one of our cats outside, (they are inside cats) and couldn't find another cat. So we looked for him, and I found a puddle of blood on my driveway with a tuft of white hair in it. We had to go volunteer with the cats that need to be adopted, then I came home, looked for him some more, cleaned out my van, cleaned the grill, and did a tiny bit of yard work. I noticed the neighbor's dog sniffing around some shrubs in my front yard, so I went out to see if my cat was there. I was interrupted by the arrival of the kid I tutor. So I tutored him, then went out to the area where the dog was sniffing, and found my cat, kind of messed up a bit, but OK. I cleaned him up as best I could, put some animal-safe antibiotic cream on it, and fed the guy. He was starving to death! But he always is. Then he crawled in his cubby and went to sleep. After that, I grilled lunch, bathed the dog, and I'm about out of things to do to avoid working on the stadium blankets, so maybe I'll get some work done.

Have a great one!

Hi all,

Beth- What a day you had!!! Glad that you found your cat and that he's ok!! Wonder how they got out? Hope by the time you read this you will have done a little on your stadium blanket!

I went to another Joann's this morning- DH wanted to check out a store that sells electronics so I went along for the ride. Lo and behold, there was a Joanns in the same shopping center! So I walked out with 11 skeins of yarn for under 8.00!!! Most of the clearance bins had already been emptied out, but I was able to pick up 6 skeins of RHSS in Pink Camo (for 50 cents ea), 4 skeins of TLC Essentials in Linen and one golden color (97cents ea). Talk about a deal!!!

I worked on some friendship squares and just got back from mailing 4 of them out. I love the self-service at the PO- no lines or anything!!!

I probably have enough SBT's for Christmas gifts, but I really enjoy making them and am not bored with them since there are so many different color combinations you can do. So I'll probably just keep on making them. I also want to try one in wool and felt it- but somehow the thought of wool just makes me hot when it's 90 degrees outside!!

Off to grill some burgers in a bit- and pick up the hook again. I'm trying to savor my last few hours of vacation!

Hiya friends! Happy 4th of July! hope ya all had awesome weekends!

Beth-so glad that you found your cat, while reading your post, I was beginning to worry that something terrible had happened. Did you get hook time in inspite of houswork?

Joanne-beeeauuutiful bags! My! you are on a roll! Great finds on the yarn! So happy for you! I bet you are counting the minutes left of your vacation?

Stacy-ohh laaa laaa! Your trip sounded :c9:c9 Good luck packing and moving.

Marisa-how was your weekend? are you back?

We had a blast camping, nothing like being in the mountains and away from all the stressors of life. We did not want to come home today. :devilWe fished, played outdoor games, card games, grilled outdoors, watched the squirrels in action and saw a deer, a herd of elk and a few donkeys. All in all it was fantastic! I did get a few minutes of hook time in, not enough tho.

Oh, I did manage to score 10 skiens of yarn at our walymart that was on clearance last week, did I mention it? So excited!

Working on laundry as we are all unpacked and clean. The kiddos are going to the in laws tomorrow evening for the week.

Best get myself to my chores before starting another work week.

hugs n extra squishes!

Hiya friends! Happy 4th of July! hope ya all had awesome weekends!

Beth-so glad that you found your cat, while reading your post, I was beginning to worry that something terrible had happened. Did you get hook time in inspite of houswork?

Joanne-beeeauuutiful bags! My! you are on a roll! Great finds on the yarn! So happy for you! I bet you are counting the minutes left of your vacation? Um, trying not to think about vacation ending!!!:lol

Stacy-ohh laaa laaa! Your trip sounded :c9:c9 Good luck packing and moving.

Marisa-how was your weekend? are you back?

We had a blast camping, nothing like being in the mountains and away from all the stressors of life. We did not want to come home today. :devilWe fished, played outdoor games, card games, grilled outdoors, watched the squirrels in action and saw a deer, a herd of elk and a few donkeys. All in all it was fantastic! I did get a few minutes of hook time in, not enough tho. Sounds like a slice of heaven

Oh, I did manage to score 10 skiens of yarn at our walymart that was on clearance last week, did I mention it? So excited!:clap:clap:clap That's awesome!!!!! I scored lots of clearance yarns this week- my vacation souvenirs!!!!

Working on laundry as we are all unpacked and clean. The kiddos are going to the in laws tomorrow evening for the week.

Best get myself to my chores before starting another work week.

hugs n extra squishes!

Have a good rest of the evening!!!

Archived