Some good clean fun?!

Good evening ladies :hi

I so want to crochet, but guess I will do some packing after trying to do some research online here :sigh

LeeAnn - Homemade pizza!!! :drool Glad your starting to get into the groove at work. I have an online demo scheduled for tuesday morning at 8:30 :yes:clap

Joanne - Are you going to work on the baby ghan tonight? Yea!!! Only 2 days to go, it's all downhill now :wink

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good evening ladies :hi

I so want to crochet, but guess I will do some packing after trying to do some research online here :sigh

LeeAnn - Homemade pizza!!! :drool Glad your starting to get into the groove at work. I have an online demo scheduled for tuesday morning at 8:30 :yes:clap

Joanne - Are you going to work on the baby ghan tonight? Yea!!! Only 2 days to go, it's all downhill now :wink

:clap:clap for the online demo!!!! Yes, hoping to work on the baby ghan...and you are right---it's downhill from here......WOOT!

Night all!

Marisa-so wish you could crochet too. It sure does help.

Yes, finally getting into the grove of working and having a family, again.

The end is almost here, I can feel it...it's too hot to :hook. night all!

hugs n squishes!

Morning all,

I worked on the baby bubbles blanket till I finished one skein of each color. Found one of the colors downstairs in a basket, but not the other!!! I am hoping that i have another skein of that color in one of the bins in the garage!!! Otherwise, I guess this will be a preemie blanket!!

Another long day planned in Paradise, so I'm going to skedadlle, have a refill of coffee and head out. Two meetings this morning and one this afternoon.....Is it the weekend yet? LOL

Have a good one everyone!

Joanne, tomorrow is TGIF! You can make it! I hope you found the color you needed in your garage.

LeeAnn, It's good to hear you are adjusting to your work schedule. It's hard to work and be mom, but you can do it.

Marisa, How was the on-line demo? Do you like it?

Stacy, how is Mia? Will the tubes help prevent ear infections? Poor baby. Are the dogs getting as much exercise as they got in the house? Your pup might just have some excess energy to burn off.

I need to rework my son's transcript, and get it ready to send to the college. They are kind of picky about it. I have all the information they need, but I hope a change in format will make it look more official. The joys of homeschooling.

Night all!

Marisa-so wish you could crochet too. It sure does help.

Yes, finally getting into the grove of working and having a family, again.

The end is almost here, I can feel it...it's too hot to :hook. night all!

hugs n squishes!

I'm going to crochet tonight for some relaxing me time :yes

Morning all,

I worked on the baby bubbles blanket till I finished one skein of each color. Found one of the colors downstairs in a basket, but not the other!!! I am hoping that i have another skein of that color in one of the bins in the garage!!! Otherwise, I guess this will be a preemie blanket!!

Another long day planned in Paradise, so I'm going to skedadlle, have a refill of coffee and head out. Two meetings this morning and one this afternoon.....Is it the weekend yet? LOL

Have a good one everyone!

Hope your day in paradise goes quickly, when you see this, we only have 1 day left :yay

Marisa, How was the on-line demo? Do you like it?

I need to rework my son's transcript, and get it ready to send to the college. They are kind of picky about it. I have all the information they need, but I hope a change in format will make it look more official. The joys of homeschooling.

I didn't have the demo yet, it will be next tuesday in the morning :clap

Have fun re-working the transcript :hug

It was a LONG day in Paradise- didn't get out till 6 and I was in by 7:25 this morning! But I did have dinner at DD's so I didn't have to cook!!!! Got home to find that I won the pen giveaway from Dorothy!! It is absolutely amazingly beautiful- a real work of art!! I love it and it truly made my day!!!

Good luck with the transcripts Beth!! Maybe by the time you read this they'll be done!!!!

LeeAnn- Hope your day went well and that you get a little time to relax!!

Marisa- Yay for some hooky time tonight!

Stacy- Hope that today finds Mia feeling better!!! I had some Joe's Dark this morning and thought of you!!!

I found one skein of the color I need so I'm good to go on finishing the blanket to a regular size!!

Now that it is after 9PM I guess I should log off here and get hooking!!

Hi Ladies

I have missed everyone soooo much. Things are coming along good for me. There has been so up times and down times put I just keep going.

I should be in my new apt. by next weekend. AS soon as Iam moved and have everything set up I will let you all know.

Lots of Love

Mary

Good evening friends!

Marisa-I'm so happy that you will be able to crochet this evening, yippity skippity! What are you working on?

Joanne-so sorry that you had a long day in Paradise, but glad that your dd fixed din din for ya. By the time you read this, HAPPY TGIF! whoooo! This week was sure tough.

Beth-how'd the transcripts go? and the new ghan?

I did it! I finally finsihed the baby ghan...oh yeah! Will post pics tomorrow as it is too dark. I think I will try my hand at the matching baby sweater...:think Work was long and hectic, but we made it thru. Also stopped to visit with Kathy after work, I miss her.

This weekend we are taking a drive up to Pagosa Springs, they are having a Rennasaince Festival. We are all super excited as we have never been to one before. One of my friends is going to have a booth with sword fighting. Wow! Best get my tush to bed, mornig gets here way too fast!

hugs n squishes! Night all!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

TGIF!!!! Oh, how happy I am----we are having a bar-b-que at work today- which will be a nice break in the day. Too bad we can't just go home afterwards!!!

Marisa- TGIF to you too!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!

LeeAnn- The Renaissance Fair sounds like a boatload of fun!! Enjoy- and wanted to tell you that on the Swap thread, your partner posted that your package is on its way!!! I'm so glad that you will be getting your goodies!!!

Beth- Did you finish the transcript? Is it Pizza Night at your house? Sounds like it will be at my house too- only the delivered kind!!!

Mary- Good luck with the move to your apartment!! It was great to see your post!!!

Stacy- Sending good thoughts your way! Hope Mia is feeling better and that you are all settling in- including the dogs!!!!

Off to get ready --need more coffee!!!

Good morning, :tired I stayed up late yesterday, didn't feel like going to bed, then checked my e-mail right before I was GOING to go to bed, and found out a friend is popping by tomorrow for a visit... and my house looks like I have 4 cats and a dog living in it who are all shedding. Plus it's been really hot, and I don't have central a/c, so I haven't been spending a lot of time working on anything. So I did a quick clean up of 2 rooms. I got up this morning and worked on the kitchen a bit, so it's getting there, and I need to shovel out my room, I mean sweep in here. I also have to take my twins in for eye exams bright and early, particularly for my son, who is used to sleeping until about noon.

So I need to jump in the shower, and get a move on! I hope you all have great TGIF days!!!

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Last night I worked on a purse that I'm testing, it's a girl's purse so it's small. I got about half way with it last night. Will try to finish it up tonight :xfin

Joanne - TGIF!!!!!! Last day of work craziness for me :yay I'm so looking forward to meeting with you tomorrow :bounce

Mary - I hope your move goes well, I'm trying to pack little by little but have another month and a half to finish.

LeeAnn - :yay on finishing the baby ghan, what sweater are you making to match it? A Renaissance Festival sounds great, I've never been to one either so take some pics to share :yes I used to fence in undergrad though, so would be really intrigued with the sword fights :yes

Beth - WOW!!!! TGIF and hopefully it passes by smoothly for you :hug

Be back later

Hi all,

TGIF!!!! IT'S THE WEEKEND-----WOO-HOO------

Marisa- My niece fences- she started in HS and has continued doing it in college- she'll be a Senior at Carnegie Mellon-----which will be in your "new " neck of the woods!!!!

Beth- I hope you had a nice visit and your house was presentable.....which I'm sure it was!!

Have fun at the Renaissance Fair LeeAnn- I've never been either- so a few pics would be great!!

Stacy- I hope you are almost all settled in---and adjusting to working motherhood!!! (not that all mother's don't work- but you know what I mean- job outside of the home plus motherhood)

Hugs to all!!

Hiya friends!

TGIF for sure! This week sure was difficult...feels like I am drained every evening and then sleep only to start all over again.

Joanne-bet you have been getting hook time in this evening, I was thinking of you today.

Beth-did your guests arrive? I am sure that your house looked wonderful!

Stacy-how's everyone doing?

Marisa-bet you are headed to your parents house or already there..have fun!

I took a few pics of the baby ghan, sorry the lighting wasn't good, but I love it! I carried the colors for each row up the side, so easy, no ends to weave in. yippee!

We are all so excited for tomorrow, going to get to bed early so that I will be rested.

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897677107_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897677111_thumb.jpg

Hiya friends!

TGIF for sure! This week sure was difficult...feels like I am drained every evening and then sleep only to start all over again.

Joanne-bet you have been getting hook time in this evening, I was thinking of you today.

Beth-did your guests arrive? I am sure that your house looked wonderful!

Stacy-how's everyone doing?

Marisa-bet you are headed to your parents house or already there..have fun!

I took a few pics of the baby ghan, sorry the lighting wasn't good, but I love it! I carried the colors for each row up the side, so easy, no ends to weave in. yippee!

We are all so excited for tomorrow, going to get to bed early so that I will be rested.

hugs n squishes!

Love, love, love it!!!! The colors are sweet together :manyheart

Actually.....tomorrow morning I'm meeting Joanne and a few others for our meetup. Then coming back to Philly. My parents will be driving down here in the late afternoon (mom's baking in the morning) and we will take 2 cars to the airport around midnight to pick up my bro, sil, and their 4 kids :yay:clap and THEN drive up to my parents house. So we'll all be napping in my living room tomorrow evening allowing the tv to watch us :lol But I am sooo excited to see my nephews and meet my niece :yes But then I have to come back here on sunday to work for monday :(

LeeAnn, lovely afghan!!! Any mom would be happy to get that for her baby.

Marisa and Joanne, I hope you two have lots of fun today! Don't get in TOO much trouble! :devil How lovely to meet your friends IRL.

Stacy, I hope you get a chance to unwind today. How is Mia doing? How is Olive?

I finally have a good rough draft of my son's transcript. I have a lovely friend with great technical writing skills who is looking it over. She already caught one mistake -- I made his duel enrolled (like with pistols at dawn) rather than dual enrolled. It pays to have friends!

I hope to play with my smoker today, cook a beef roast and some chicken pieces. It was a lovely day yesterday. Here's :xfin that today will be one, too.

Had a great meet up and it was great to see Marisa!!!!! She brought some yummy banana bread too!!! It was delicious and went perfectly with my Bux coffee!!!!!

Beth- Good catch from your friend on the duel/dual !!! Weather here the last couple of days has been great- sunny, warm- not humid!!!! The way summer should be!!!

LeeAnn- I know exactly what you mean about the Yippy Skippy!!!! Enjoy your day at the Ren faire!!!

Off to do some errands....

Hi all!!

Marisa, sounds like you had an awesome meetup today! :clap:clap And double yay for your family arriving and meeting your new niece! How awesome. :manyheart

Joanne, :yay for yummy banana bread and dinner with your dd. :manyheart

Beth, I hope you had a wonderful visit with your friends. And just remember- it is the friendship that matters, not the state of your home! But, even as I say that- I would be frantically cleaning, too. LoL Glad your friend caught the duel/dual mistake. Although dueling for grades would be rather funny. :lol

Leeann, have fun at the Fairre! There is one here every year and our friends used to participate- they always had the most fun photos and stories. But I've never been to one. Hope you all enjoyed it! And your blanket is gorgeous!!

Whew...I am whipped! My friend and I went out last night for pedi's and dinner, and came home at 11:30, only to find the kids still awake (our dd's had a sleepover.) Well, turns out, her oldest is rather sassy, and mocked me a few times until I told her she wouldn't be allowed over again unless she went to bed. :( I hate being that mean mommy, but really- she refused to go to bed until like 1 a.m., and tried repeatedly to wake her sister, also. :angry

Anyway, I had to be up at 8 to pick up dh's cousin, and head over to the house and finish moving. We got everything moved, and a bathroom and bedroom cleaned out. Around 3 we went to the Y to get the girls' team assignments and Mia's uniform, but they ran out of her size so we have to go back later this week.

This week I will go back to the house and clean one room per day. Dh will help me after work. MIL offered to watch the girls so I don't have to take them. :whew That will be a huge help.

Well, I am going to lie down and probably fall asleep. LoL Have a great night, girls! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Stacy- Whew- you've been busy!!! And I just have to ask- how is Carmeggedon??? i've been reading all about it on the net- does this affect you much?

That's nice that MIL will be watching the girls so you can finish the cleaning up-:yes I know you'll be thrilled when you are all moved in and settled!!! How many hours are you working? Saw on FB that you are getting a new phone tomorrow- have fun with it!

Beth- We are going to have another nice day here today also- sunny low humidity but tomorrow the dreaded humidity will be back:(. Oh, if only it could stay the way it's been the last few days:c9. Did you get to play with your smoker? How's 'my' stadium blanket coming along?:lol

Marisa- It was sooo great to see you yesterday and the banana bread was yummy, scrummy!!!:droolI'm having some right now as I have my coffee!!! Thank you!!! Hope that your bro and his family arrived safe and sound and that it wasn't too late by the time you guys all drove to your parents. Hopefully the little ones will let you all sleep in some this morning!!!

LeeAnn- Hope that Renaissance Faire was tons of fun!!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Mary- Did you start moving into your apartment?

I finished the Bubbles Baby blanket yesterday- I almost finished while at the meet up but had a row or two left to do and then I just did a simple SC border. I used the Stylecraft DK yarn I ordered from the UK- free shipping- and it's a very nice soft yarn. I had heard about it on Attic24's blog. The price isn't bad either:) I'll be giving it to one of my co-workers who is having a boy. You can't really see the texture in the pic, but here it is.

Have a wonderful day!!

post-27163-135897677309_thumb.jpg

Happy Sunday friends!

Joanne-the new baby ghan is beautiful! did you hold two strands of yarn thruought? The pattern is cool too, is it one on the net? Your meet up with Marisa sounded like so much fun! Wish I could've joined.

Marisa-did your bro and his family make it in ok? Hope you are getting to enjoy spending time with them.:hug Bananna bread sounds just yummy!

Stacy-sleepovers are so much fun, but no sleep for the adults. Sounds like you have a great plan to clean the old appt. and are settling in.

Beth-did ya get the transcript done? how has your weekend been? Any tim to :hook?

The Renassaince Fair was so much fun! We all played games, walked around to see the booths and had a lesson on the Renassaince tools and were able to hold swords, daggers, and try on some of the costumes. We listened to a live band and saw a Magic Show. All in all it was soo much fun! On the way home we stopped at the theater to see the last Harry Potter movie. :lol It was soo good! Today we are all burnt out, need to start laundry and chores but just not feeling it...maybe I need a nice cold drink before I begin. Oh and I was able to crochet on the way up to Pagosa Springs and back...let me just say, Pagosa is beautiful! I will look up a link to post, it is just amazing.

time to get off the :c9 and get to working. Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897677398_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897677403_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897677406_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897677409_thumb.jpg

Great pics LeeAnn- it sounds like you all had an awesome day yesterday!!!!! I'm glad for you- you really needed it!!

The blanket is the Bubbles Baby blanket- you just can't see the texture too well in the pics- I used 2 strands throughout- Stylecraft Special DK (yarn from the UK that I love- and the price is pretty good too- and free shipping to the US)

I went to Ralph's Italian Ices and got a quart of Choc Chip Mint creamy ice- had some for lunch!!! Mmmmmmm was it good!!!!

Archived