Some good clean fun?!

Morning, all!

I got up early this morning since the girls have been sleeping in late, to have a cup of coffee in the quiet, and of course the girls got up early!! :sigh:lol It's the Law of Kids, I think. At least they're content to watch cartoons while I catch up on my groups.

Joanne, I'm so happy for you and your family!! New babies are so precious- even more so when you're the Grandma, I'm sure! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart Good luck getting everything done so you can spend time with your precious little grandson.

Leeann, what a scary fun adventure you had! Although "fast and furious" is not a term I would take to mean fun while on a river! :lol So glad you all had a wonderful family day.

Beth, hope all is well in your end of the country. My mom and aunts were just in VA, visiting my cousin. They were at the beach the day it rained (Sunday, I think?) and she couldn't understand why they weren't allowed in the water. But I told her- It's the ocean, not a lake- the currents are so much worse and the tides can rise quickly in a storm on the coast.

Marisa- hope you are having a great time with your family!

Well, I better scoot and get everything ready to go clean. We will be there most of the day, then Mia has her first soccer game tonight! She is pretty excited. I just hope she remembers to not use her hands today. :lol Have a great day!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Stacy- I saw on FB that Mia scored 3 goals! WTG!!! :clap She must have been sooooo excited!!! How did the cleaning go yesterday? Are you finished over there now?

Beth- Good luck with the eye exam!! :hug

LeeAnn- Happy Hump Day to you!!!:)

So glad I'm done with work until next Wed!! Now today I get to run some errands for DD- which although I'm not a fan of running store to store (when it doesn't involve yarn of some sort) I'm more than happy to do it for them!!!:yes

Marisa- Thinking of you and hope you are having a wonderful time with your family!!!:hug

Have a happy day everyone!

Hi all!!

As Joanne mentioned, yesterday was Mia's first-ever soccer game and she scored 3 goals!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer She also had one assist, which was the first one- which she also took credit for. :blush:lol She was SO excited about the first goal she scored, she ran over to tell dh, even though she was supposed to go back to her position on the field. :lol She didn't even realize she scored the last two, and they were back-to-back. After the 3rd one, though, she was wiped out, and ran to dh crying that she was tired, so he told the ref, and they switched her out for the rest of the game. Her team won 8-3. :yay We took her out to dinner afterward, and she was so tired she almost fell asleep in the car.

I am almost finished cleaning- just need to wash the walls in the girls' room, and 2 in the living room, and clean the floors. But guess what? I got so fed up with trying to scrub the marks off the walls that I called the maintenance guy and told him to bring over the............paint. :sigh I can't say that too loud, because dh is going to be way upset. :ohdear But the owner said we would more than likely get our full deposit back if we paint, and when I did the math yesterday, it just made sense. :yes Even if we only get 3/4 of it back, we can still pay off a few bills- to me, it is worth the time and energy. Now, I just need to be able to explain all of this to him. :blush

Joanne, good luck running the errands- I'm sure knowing it is for such a wonderful reason will make it much easier. :manyheart Is it still super-hot over there?

Beth, good luck with the eye exam. I read on FB that you only mostly got the twins enrolled. Was there a problem with the transcript? I hope you don't have to do it again!

Leeann, how's it goin? Hope all is well at your house. :hug:hug:hug:hug I saw that you joined the scrap swap- yay! It was so fun last time- they had different rules, though, and the yarns didn't have to be complimentary, etc. There was also a CAL afterward- it was fun to see what everyone made with their scraps. I can't wait to get started. :yay

Well, I need to go. My aim was to be out of here before 10, but obviously that's not happening. Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Good evening all!

Joanne-did ya get your dd's errands run? Any time to :hook?

Stacy-oh my! Painting is hard work, how did your dh take the news? I am excited about the Scrap Swap, can't wait to get my partner's info. I am thinking of making a round ripple with the yarn, what about you?

Beth-how's it going? Are your kiddos ready for the next school/college year?

Marisa-how has your week been?

It has been such a busy week...work has been quite stressful. We are in the middle of Parent Teacher Conferences, my partner and I have scheduled about 80 of them with the help of a translater. whew! Friday just can't get here fast enough.

My sister and her family will be here tomorrow evening, can't wait for our camping trip.

Other than that, nothing new, going to sit and veg for awhile, I should be packing for the weekend.:devil

hugs n squishes!

Good morning!

I did get errands run and today I'm running to Kohls for her to return a duplicate gift that she got! And finally last night I did crochet and finish the SBT that I had started over a week ago! One WIP done!!!! Hope today goes by quickly for you LeeAnn- and just think you are hours away from seeing your sister and family---and then camping!! Have a great time this weekend!!1

Beth Hope that the twins are able to get a class at the CC that they like!!!

Stacy- Good luck with the painting- I agree that if it means getting 3/4 to full security back it's worth it---but men don't always think like we do!!!!

Marisa- Hope you are enjoying your family!!!

Mary- In case you are lurking- did you move into your apartment?

Colleen- How's the pregnancy going? Hope the weather isn't too unbearable for you!

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning!

Dh didn't take the news of the painting very well. :ohdear Of course, I told him over the phone, right as he walked into the apartment and found doggie poo everywhere, so the timing was off. :blush He thinks I shouldn't get my hopes up of getting any deposit back, but honestly- the house is perfectly fine, except for the paint and the yard- and she's already told me several times that the yard is not our fault. :sigh We will see on Monday, I guess.

Today is Mia's hearing test, then I have to set an appt. with the ENT to find out when her surgery will be scheduled. I'm nervous but know it will be SO much better once those pesky tonsils and adenoids are gone. I have a feeling a lot of the reason she was out of breath at her game is because she is a mouth-breather.

Joanne, have fun with your errands! Did dd and Ryan go home yesterday? Or is it today?

Leeann, :hug:hug:hug just a few more hours 'til your sis and her family arrive! How exciting to go camping together. You are making wonderful memories for your dk's, for sure. :yes

Marisa, hope you're enjoying your family time!

Mary- I've been thinking of you lately. Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug

Beth, hope all is well with you. How was your eye exam?

Well, I guess I better scoot and get ready for the day. After Mia's appointment, I'm going to put Contact paper in the cabinets at the house, then she has soccer practice tonight. I need to find some really good crock-pot meals for the nights we have practice/games. I hate eating at 7:30!

Have a great day, all! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

hello hello!

Joanne-so glad that you were able to get hook time in. How is your dd and dearest grandbaby? and the new father? Hope they are all well.

Stacy-my ds had his tonsils removed a few years ago, it has made such a difference! Oh my! Good luck with the ENT appt.

We are packed for the trip and awaiting my sister's arrival, she should be here any minute, then I am going to run into town for pizza, no cooking tonight.

So excited for the weekend! Off I go, be back Sunday evening! Have a great weekend friends!

hugs n squishes!

Good morning!

Stacy- Hope all went well with Mia's appointment and that the surgery will really help her out!!! Any final decision on the painting? I agree, the timing was definitely off, if you were telling DH about it when he was walking in on dog poo:lol

DD and Ryan came home on Tuesday- that's why I started taking off work on Wednesday!! They don't keep you long anymore--2 days for a normal delivery, 4 for a C-section. He had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday and had his first shot. He lost some wt- (to be expected) and DD is on orders to feed on demand- she is breastfeeding---and with that feeling a little sore--but doing good.

My oldest arrived an hour late- but I had stuck a hook and ball of cotton in my bag so I made a few coffee cup cozies while I waited at the train station. She met her godson for the first time last evening!!!! We're heading over again today- but told them to call when it's good- I don't want to disturb any time they may get to sneak in some sleep!!!

LeeAnn- Have a wonderful time camping!!! Enjoy the time with family!!!! See you when you return!!!

Thinking of you Marisa- and hope that there is no family drama and that everyone is having a wonderful time:yes

Beth- It's Friday, which must mean pizza night at your house..;) Any luck with the twins getting a class?

Off for another cup of Joe!!!

Have a great day all!

Hello All,

Ahhhhhhhh -- dance is over for a month!!! The only on-going thing I have is my tutoring, and that's almost more of a pleasure than work, particularly when Shrimp Boy gets excited about something -- he likes what we are working on right now, so it's fun!

Any way, payment for classes is due August 5. If someone has signed up for a class and doesn't pay by then, he/she gets dropped. On August 8, I will have the twins there bright and early, to try to get the class we want with the professor we want.

Joanne, so does the job of "Grandma" live up to it's hype? I do think it must be the most wonderful thing in the world. How are you? How is your dd? How is your expanding family?

Stacy, very proud of you for getting so much painting done. It's a lot of work. Sounds like you are progressing right along.

LeeAnn, sounds like you have another fun-filled weekend planned. Wow! Don't supposed you'd adopt me...

Marisa, I think you've been MIA more than I have! :faint Didn't know that was possible. I hope things are going well for you. I imagine you are pretty busy. Don't get too hot out there!

Mary, thinking of you, sweetie. I'm glad you are back on-line (according to FB.)

We had company for pizza night -- one of my son's swim team friends, and Shrimp Boy, of course. SB came with me to Amanda's final day of ballet. They had a bit of a performance -- all the classes danced for their parents. It was hot and crowded, but it went beautifully, and I am very proud of my girl.

Hey ladies :hi

Just stopping in quick to say hi and let you know I'm still here and kicking :lol My sil and the kids just left yesterday to head up to her family's house for this week and they leave next weekend back to Phoenix. They are just too cute :manyheart I haven't gone back to catch up on all I've missed, but hope to next week. Today, my dad and I are heading to Pitt to meet with the landlords tomorrow to go over changes in the office space that I would need. I have not yet signed a lease so it's not official yet and we'll see how easy they are to work with :xfin Wish me luck :xfin We come back tomorrow and then I'll drive back to Philly and I have to get back to work on monday :whew

Hope all is well.

Marisa, thanks for stopping in on your busy weekend. I'm so glad you got to spend time with the little guys. Aren't they sweet at that age?

I am not awake yet - the coffee is still percolating. I just want to say HI :hi and have a great Saturday!!!

:morcoffee

:ccompute

:mug

:coffee

Good morning all,

Had a great couple of days with my oldest visiting--she heads home this morning! She went with her sister (my middle one) to a minor league ball game last night and is leaving from her place since she can catch the bus to Beantown at the station close by. I miss her already! Time just flies when we get together.

Doing my weekly chores this morning- laundry on, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning BR's and kitchen- you know- all the fun stuff- NOT!!!!! Heading out to grocery shop in a few- and then some time later today heading over to DD's if she wants--the little guy is a week old today! Wow the week just flew by.

Hope you had a great camping weekend LeeAnn!!!!

Marisa- Thinking of you today while you meet with the landlord-hope it all works out- but if not, it wasn't meant to be. Safe travels home!!

Beth- Enjoy the break in your busy schedule!!!! Rest, relax, and hook!!!:hook And to answer your question- yes, being a grandma is living up to the hype!!:manyheart

Stacy- How's the painting going? Fingers crossed that you get all of your security money back!!!

Here's a pic of the little one taken yesterday--don't you love the baseball themed onesie? You know I do!!;)

post-27163-135897682713_thumb.jpg

:hi all!!

Painting is DONE!!! :yay:yay:yay I don't think we'll get it all back, but should get most. They broke the ceiling fan as moving, and the floors are a wee bit scratched in certain places. Other than that- it is clean! :manyheart

Marisa- glad you are having a blast with your family! :xfin that the meeting with the landlord went well.

Joanne- wow, a week already?! I'm sure you are soaking up all the time with that precious little guy. I love the baseball onesie- I wondered when I saw it on FB if you gave it to him. :lol How is your dd feeling? I'm sure it helps a ton that you are nearby. :yes

Beth, :cheer for no dance for a month! How sweet that Shrimp Boy went to the performance with you.

Well, my battery light is blinking so I better go. Love and hugs!!

Hello friends!

I'm back, tired, tired tired, but glad to be back home.

Joanne-your little bundle of joy is just soo precious! thank you for sharing a pic, what a sweetie pie! Glad that you were able to spend time with all of your dd's, how fun!:hug

Beth-woohooo! A break from dance for a month! Yippee! What will you do with yourself?:devil I can adopt you, sure thing.:hug

Stacy-I so hope that you get your deposit back, painting is hard work. :hug

Marisa-happy times with your family for sure!:hug

We had an awesome time camping, the kiddos fished and fished and fished some more. My parents drove up to our campsite to spend most of the weekend with us...what fun! Except for ds yesterday, he was extremely grouchy...teenage ickyness. It lasted for most of the day but he seems to be feeling better.

My sister and her family went back home, but she did leave my nephew Jonathon with us for the week. He is 7 and such a joy! We will be meeting in CO. Springs on Saturday to drop him off, but until then, Auntie can spoil him!

Joanne-so jealous! I am behind on all of my chores, I did get all of the dishes from Betty washed and some of the laundry done and the kitchen cleaned, but still have tons more laundry to wash...will keep plugging away.

Didn't get a moment of hook time in, I forgot my bag:eek:eek will have to work on something if only for a few minutes before bedtime.

off to check the scrap swap. Hugs n squishes! Missed ya all!:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Stacy-:yay for getting the painting done!!! What a relief that must be to have that all behind you now!!! Guess it's all about getting your new place all unpacked and settled now!:lol A woman's work is never done!!!

LeeAnn- Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend- and yup, teenage ickyness can be the pits sometimes--:yes-luckily they aren't teens forever!!! Enjoy your nephew!!! Hope the work day goes by quickly for you....and don't be jealous- I didn't get all my cleaning done or the grocery shopping!!! By the time I headed out it was already 11 and that is just too late on a Sunday morning to go shopping- it's just too crowded. I like to be in /out of the grocery store before 9! Planning to do that tomorrow since I saw a coupon for extra 5% off for Sr Citizens on Tuesday. May as well take advantage of my "old age" for something!!!

Beth- Have a good workless (ballet studio at least) day!

Marisa- Welcome back home- hope all went well yesterday in Pitt!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi all,

Had a good day- Went to TJ's and met my middle DD there and we had fun shopping together- then came home unloaded groceries and headed back out to run errands for my youngest! Stopped by - cuddled Ryan, cleaned up her kitchen, helped fold her laundry- and now I'm home!!!

Hope you all had a great day..

Here's the Bubbles Baby Blanket I made for my co-worker. She's having a boy and likes earth colors- so green and beige is what I made.

post-27163-13589768331_thumb.jpg

Evening all!

Joanne-lovely ghan! I love it! So pretty! The colors are great!

Beth-hi back atcha! Hope your day went well.

Had another super duper busy day, came home to do chores...and made two bars of soap for an order. Going to hop in the shower, and then get myself to bed. My nephew and dd are playing and having such a great time!

hugs n squishes!

Hey ladies :hi

I'm back in Philly :yay The week at my parents was just crazy, we were 12 staying there :eek Every day started fairly early and went late, which was why I just wasn't able to get online. I didn't even get to look at my business plan until late thursday for a bit. Then friday was busy too :shrug Saturday my dad and I drove out to Pitt to meet up with the landlord and realtor on sunday at noon and then drove back to my parents. Then I had another 2 hour drive back here and got back somewhat later last night :think I didn't do anything but plop on the couch and watch a couple shows off the dvr :yes Worked today 9-7 and finally got to work on my business plan for most of the day :yay I need to add in a bit more, but already have the info I need and edit/revise 20 times :shrug I stopped at the market on the way home to get stuff for salads this week and it was 8 til I got home and then chopped my veggies and had to lookup something I wasn't able to do at work and email what I have so far to my dad to check out. After all that it was late and I sat and watched some tv again....my dvr is sooo backed up it's crazy :eek I still haven't unpacked from my week long vacation either :shrug Oh well, it'll get done :think

I breezed through the posts that I missed to catch up and I'm sorry for being MIA :hug :hug :hug I was going through withdrawl!!!!! :rofl

Catch y'all in the AM

Joanne, beautiful baby blanket! your co-worker will love it!

Marisa, sounds like you had a busy, productive, fun week. Welcome home. I'm excited for you, getting so close to having your own business!

Stacy, congrats on finishing the painting. :xfin that you get your deposit back!

LeeAnn, you make me tired. Congrats on the soap sales.

Today we pick up most of the eyeglasses that have been ordered. We are waiting on mine, but I had the last appointment.

Joanne, beautiful baby blanket! your co-worker will love it!

Marisa, sounds like you had a busy, productive, fun week. Welcome home. I'm excited for you, getting so close to having your own business!

Stacy, congrats on finishing the painting. :xfin that you get your deposit back!

LeeAnn, you make me tired. Congrats on the soap sales.

Today we pick up most of the eyeglasses that have been ordered. We are waiting on mine, but I had the last appointment.

I have an eye exam scheduled for saturday and will likely get new ones as well :)

Good morning!

Last day off work and I treated myself by forcing myself to go back to sleep before starting the day!!!

All this talk of new eyeglasses reminded me that I should schedule an eye exam- it's been about a year and a half since my last one!

Lots of relaxing on the agenda for today- I finished a square for someone here on the ville who is making a comfort ghan for a friend just diagnosed with breast cancer. I think I'll make one more than get them mailed out.

Have a wonderful day!

Morning, all!

Marisa, you were so busy this week! Good luck getting everything squared away for your business plan. You are on your way, girl!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Joanne, the pics you have been posting of Ryan are so adorable!! He is a little doll. :manyheart Enjoy your relaxing day off.

Leeann, sounds like you all had a blast! How fun that your nephew is staying for the week. I'm sure your kiddos love having someone else to play with. Congrats on getting more soap sales! :yay:yay

Beth, hope your days are a little more "relaxing" since dance is over. :hug:hug

I spoke with the owner of the house yesterday and it sounds very promising. :yay:yay Although she said she can't give us the check until we have both garage openers (Roomie took hers with her. :think:sigh) Supposedly it was mailed out yesterday. Anyway, this morning the maintenance guy texted me and said I did a wonderful job painting and that the house looks amazing. :faint:woo That was very unexpected.

Anyway...early this morning I got out my yarn and looked to see what I have for the scrap swap. I am excited about it! We had to drop off the keys to the house at 7 a.m., then I took the girls for doughnuts. Later, I have the walk-through and Mia has a soccer game. Tomorrow (if all goes as planned) we are going to the beach! The girls have been asking for some time now, and Wednesdays are the only day that we don't have some kind of activity going on, so it's the perfect day to go.

Well I better scoot. There so many boxes in my living room, I can't even see across the room. It's insane! Gotta make a dent in them. Love and hugs!!

Archived