Some good clean fun?!

Hi all,

It was a busy day in Paradise- got an email as soon as I got in that my boss had sent Friday evening asking me to work on something as soon as I got in- high priority---not the way I like to start a Monday---but got it done in ample time so all was good!!!

Hot/humid/yucky here in NJ today---thank goodness for AC...

Beth- How are you faring? I know you don't have AC and the humidity here is brutal!!!

LeeAnn- Hope work went well today- despite being short staffed.

Stacy- Did you get everything cleaned and are you all moved in now?

Marisa- Hope you had a good weekend and that you had a fairly easy day at work

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening :hi

I seem to be having trouble typing tonight... spending more time backspacing to correct than moving forward :sigh

Anyways, my bro and his fam got in safe and sound and those kids are just too cute :manyheart They are good kids too, quite well mannered and very smiley (even after all that travel). We got back up my parents around 4:30 and everyone was up for the day around 8:30 :eek But that was good because then we were all worn out and had no problems going to bed early and getting a good nights rest. I layed down about 7:30/8 to take a nap before coming back here and woke up at 3:30 this morning :eek

My dad took the boys out on my motorcycle, the oldest kept trying to get me to take him out, but I won't take the kids. I've never ridden a passenger and will not start with them :no We played the piano, guitar hero,games in the yard :whew I crocheted a hexagon to test a pattern (my middle nephew....every time he came back over by me told me my hexagon was getting bigger :lol Too cute, and it was broken up throughout the day, I was surprised he remembered between the gaps) What else :think Oh, I went through all the clothes with my sil and there was alot that will work for her, but we'll have to hem up some of the pants. My mom's going to buy her some shorts since I didn't have any to give (I don't wear shorts, so don't buy them).

Now I work til thursday and have off friday and all next week to spend with them. Saturday is the family reunion and monday we're going to hersheypark :yay

Beth - Trouble :think Me and Joanne :devil

LeeAnn - Looks like y'all had a blast at the Ren Fair :clap

Joanne - Again, beautiful blanket, but ladies I must tell you....this picture does not do it justice :no

Stacy - Oh a pedi and dinner sounds great :manyheart Sorry the little girl was a brat, but you have to put your foot down. These are the ages where you have to be mom and will have time to be friends later :yes

Marisa, it sounds like you had a busy, fun day with your family. :heart The children sound positively adorable. I hope today is great, too.

Joanne, YIKES!!! On getting an assignment last minute like that. I'm glad you nailed it. And your baby bubbles blanket looks soft and warm. I love the colors.

LeeAnn, the Faire looks like it was a lot of fun. Your family is going to have the best memories when the kids grow up!

Stacy, Sorry that girl tried to turn a sleep-over into a stay-up-over. I like your plan for cleaning a bit at a time. Ah, joys of moving.

I'm sorry I haven't been around. It's been busy, and hot. The transcript was officially turned in yesterday, but nobody said if it was OK or not. They didn't even open it in front of my son. My husband is pressuring me to get the twins registered for dual enrollment. I had a tough day yesterday, and would really like to relax today. I also have some typing I need to do for the ballet mistress. I probably should type that, instead of this... See ya! :hug

Beth- Hope that your Tuesday is better than your Monday!!! Glad you got the transcript finished!!!

LeeAnn- I saw the swap package you got!!! So glad that it came for you!!!! Have a good day

Marisa- Hope you got a great night's sleep last night!!! Can't believe only 3 more day s in your office and then vacation time!!! Yippee for you!!!!

EVERYONE---have a great day----:hug

Good mornind ladies :hi

Nothing new to report since last night :no I got a short workout in this morning and just had my bfast while checking in. Now waiting for my 8:30 online appt.

Beth - Take a couple deep breaths and tackle one thing at a time :yes

Joanne - I slept awesome! 9 hours straight through :eek

Hi all!!

I got my new phone yesterday and it is awesome!! Woo! I haven't had a new phone in 3 years- so it is really nice. LoL Last night, I couldn't find Mia's antibiotic, then I had a dream that I threw it away. Well, this morning I woke up and realized that I really HAD thrown it away when I cleaned out the fridge 2 nights ago! :eek:eek:eek There were 2 bottles in a white paper bag, and I mistook them for my leftovers from my night out. :blush So I had to call in a refill- still waiting for the doctor to call me back.

Marisa, sounds like you had a great time with your fam. :manyheart I am sure it is wonderful to see your nephews and niece.

Beth, :xfin that the transcript is what they are looking for. And good luck getting the twins dual-enrolled. Oh, guess what? I found Udi's at our local grocery store! :cheer We bought the bagels and so far, so good. :yes

Joanne, your baby blanket is beautiful! Is it for a co-worker? How is your dd feeling these days? She's getting close, isn't she? How exciting!

Leeann, looks like your family had lots of fun at the Faire! :clap What did you work on on the way to Pagosa Springs?

Today totally did not end up how I had planned, but that's okay. I had to wait for the gas guy, and he showed up around 10:30. We cleaned up a little and I unpacked 3 boxes. I was supposed to drop off the girls with MIL so I could go clean at the house, but it was too late by the time the guy left, so we put it off until Thursday. :whew:lol We went for a play date with our friends, and the older girl (Isabella's friend) ended up calling her little sister and Isabella "stupid," so I told the mom we couldn't have any more play dates until the girl got her mouth under control. :blush Maybe I shouldn't have, but I teach my kids not to say those words or call names, so I'm not about to have them being called names. :shrug

Well, I need to go make dinner. Love and hugs to all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi all!!

I got my new phone yesterday and it is awesome!! Woo! I haven't had a new phone in 3 years- so it is really nice. LoL Last night, I couldn't find Mia's antibiotic, then I had a dream that I threw it away. Well, this morning I woke up and realized that I really HAD thrown it away when I cleaned out the fridge 2 nights ago! :eek:eek:eek There were 2 bottles in a white paper bag, and I mistook them for my leftovers from my night out. :blush So I had to call in a refill- still waiting for the doctor to call me back.

Marisa, sounds like you had a great time with your fam. :manyheart I am sure it is wonderful to see your nephews and niece.

Beth, :xfin that the transcript is what they are looking for. And good luck getting the twins dual-enrolled. Oh, guess what? I found Udi's at our local grocery store! :cheer We bought the bagels and so far, so good. :yes

Joanne, your baby blanket is beautiful! Is it for a co-worker? How is your dd feeling these days? She's getting close, isn't she? How exciting!

Leeann, looks like your family had lots of fun at the Faire! :clap What did you work on on the way to Pagosa Springs?

Today totally did not end up how I had planned, but that's okay. I had to wait for the gas guy, and he showed up around 10:30. We cleaned up a little and I unpacked 3 boxes. I was supposed to drop off the girls with MIL so I could go clean at the house, but it was too late by the time the guy left, so we put it off until Thursday. :whew:lol We went for a play date with our friends, and the older girl (Isabella's friend) ended up calling her little sister and Isabella "stupid," so I told the mom we couldn't have any more play dates until the girl got her mouth under control. :blush Maybe I shouldn't have, but I teach my kids not to say those words or call names, so I'm not about to have them being called names. :shrug

Well, I need to go make dinner. Love and hugs to all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

I agree with your decision about the play dates :yes Is this the same girl from the sleepover?

Totally awesome to get a new phone. Mine's 2 years old and needs to be replaced, but I'm not due for an upgrade until mid august. Started acting up a few months ago though :shrug

Weird about you dreaming that you did what you actually did but not realizing it :think Maybe that'll happen to me :xfin I can't find my prescription hydrocortisone cream :( If you dream about it, let me know :wink:lol

I really liked the software that I had demo-ed this morning, but it's pricier than I'd like :sigh But, I'll have to see what other options I have. Another one I got a trial on and had difiiculty navigating it. I consider myself somewhat tech savvy, so I get worried when something doesn't work out easily for me that I'll continue to have problems :think

Work was fine. I did narratives all day, with little breaks here and there to get away from the computer screen :yes

I hope you all had a wonderful day :hug

Marisa, Sometimes you get what you pay for, and even if the software you demo'd was pricier, if it will work well, be easy for your employees to understand and use, and not have bugs, it may be the most cost effective option.

Stacy, Sorry to hear about the medicine. I hope the doctor understood, and got you the refill you needed. I am so proud of you for standing up for your kids. They shouldn't have to take abuse from someone like that.

Joanne, happy Hump Day!!! You've almost made it through another work week. Anything exciting planned for this weekend?

LeeAnn, I hope your day goes well. What are your kids doing during the day while you are working now? Do you have any more exciting family fun planned for this coming weekend?

I need to take my van in for the annual state safety inspection. That usually involves sitting around and waiting for it to be done. I actually got on line to see when the garage opens. :blush and I haven't made it to that website yet...

Later!

Good morning!

Stacy- Yay for your new phone!!! Hope you are enjoying your new toy! I was wondering the same thing as Marisa- is that the same girl that was at the sleepover? Good for you for standing your ground- you are an awesome Mom!!! Good luck with the cleaning of the house- and then once that is done---treat yourself to something fun--like maybe crocheting?

Beth- Hope you made your way online to see when the garage opens. At least if you have to wait, I hope you are bringing a hooky project along.

Did you hear anything back about the transcript? When does DS begin college?

Marisa- I agree with Beth- sometimes the least expensive is not always the most cost effective in the long run. But knowing you, you will definitely make the wise choice!!! Two more days and then vacation time for you!!! Will you be heading to your parents Thursday night after work or Friday?

LeeAnn- Happy Hump Day --hope today goes smoothly for you!!!

Off to get ready for another wonderful day in Paradise....is it 4:30 yet? LOL

Morning Marisa-

I had to :lol that you are up before your alarm and I didn't get up UNTIL my alarm went off---that's a role reversal I think:lol:lol

Enjoy your coffee- I'm getting ready to pour myself a second cup!:eek

Morning Marisa-

I had to :lol that you are up before your alarm and I didn't get up UNTIL my alarm went off---that's a role reversal I think:lol:lol

Enjoy your coffee- I'm getting ready to pour myself a second cup!:eek

Definite role reversal.....couldn't have planned it better if we tried :think:lol

Hey everyone :hi

So Joanne, this will answer your question and yet you'll still won't know......As of now, I don't know when I'm heading up to my parents.....here's the news..........

A cousin and her girlfriend were supposed to fly in tomorrow morning from florida for our family reunion and drive up with me after work. Well, her mom (my great aunt :think ) ended up in the hospital today and she was supposed to fly up with her other daughter and their family on a different flight. Anyways, right now we're waiting for news and they should know from the doc tomorrow if she can fly or not :xfin She's elderly and has been in and out of the hospital several times over the past couple years now. It would devastate her if they tell her she can't come :( My cousin called southwest and they switched her to the same flight on friday mornng to buy her some time since she decided she'll come either way dependent upon how serious this is. Any extra prayers would be great appreciated :hug :hug So now I don't know when I'm headed up, but am basically on stand by for more news. I have a gut feeling that it will be ok :think:xfin

Let's see, besides that it wasn't a bad day at work. I finished all the narratives and have them up to date :clap:yay Tomorrow is my last day at my office :D

Not much else to say, I have to go fill up the pinatas to get that done and I already packed my bag. Have some other things to do too :sigh

Hope it all works out and your aunt can come to the reunion!!!

Yay for one more day- and for getting the narratives done

I went to DD's after work- and we took a walk with Belle and then had some Ralph's Italian Ice that I brought over!!! We had a nice visit- she is doing great- Ryan is content in her belly right now- and she goes back to the Doc again next Wednesday

Paradise was a little (just a little) better than yesterday- Tomorrow doesn't look great either- two meetings in the morning---but Friday, my boss starts vacation so it should be better then!!!

See you in the AM!

Hi all!

Joanne, so glad to hear that dd is feeling well and that Ryan is content to stay where he is. :manyheart

Marisa, :yay for one more day!! :xfin that all will go well with your great Aunt and that she will be able to come to the reunion.

Leeann, hope all is well in your neck of the woods! :hug

To answer your question- yes the girl that we met yesterday was the same one from the sleepover. What I forgot to mention yesterday was that, after I told the mom we were leaving, she got upset and said her daughter called the girls stupid because she was just tired of playing the game. :eek:eek She posted something snotty on FB this morning but so far I haven't heard from her. :shrug Oh, well.

The doctor did call back and order the refill, but our insurance won't cover it until the 22nd. I will just give her the ear drops until then.

Today we did laundry and ran a bunch of errands. The girls were so tired by the time we were done. Since today is National Lollipop Day, I surprised them and stopped at See's Candies for a free lollipop. Of course, I had to buy extras. :devil So much for being free. :lol

Well, I need to scoot. Love and hugs!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hiya friends!

Remember me??? feels like again I do not have enough time in the day.:think

Marisa-:hugprayers headed your way to your auntie and your family for a safe, healthy reunion. :hug So this is your last day in your office for the week? for good?

Joanne-:hugsorry to hear that Paradise was not all that great but only two more days until the weekend. So happy happy happy that your dd is feeling well and your dearest grandson is happy and content.:manyheart

Beth-:hughow goes things in your neck of the woods? My kiddos have been staying home, somewhat...dh drops them off at my great aunts house for part of the day and then home. They are enjoying summer. :manyheart This weekend we are going rafting/tubing down the Rio Grande. yippee! I haven't been tubing in years, I think it will be fun. Ds's fourteenth birthday is Sunday. He chose the activity, lil sweetie. We will be driving to Pagosa Springs to tube, fun times for sure.

Stacy-:huggood for you standing up for your kiddos! I tell ya, kids nowadays have loose tongues. The lolipops sure sound yummy.

I have been busy with my soap/candle business. I took a few samples to work yesterday and have been swamped with orders.:cheer:cheer Lotion bars are my biggest sellers. I made another batch tonight, different scents-pomegranate, coconut, almond and strawberry-kiwi. All of these I had orders for. So excited! I am hoping to eventually set a booth at our local Farmers Market early Saturday mornings, just can't seem to find a free Saturday.

Next weekend we are planning a big camping trip with both of my sisters and their families, my in-laws and my mom. Soo excited! Must plan plan plan..

Back to lotion bars. Hugs n squishes!

Wow- LeeAnn- you sure are busy, busy, busy---but that's great about your lotion bars!!! And tubing this weekend and camping next weekend!!! FUN TIMES!!!!! Enjoy them!!!

Marisa- Yay for your last day of work before VACATION!!!!!!

Stacy- Hope the cleaning today goes by quickly!!!!

Beth- Stay as cool as you can! How'd the car do with inspection?

Off to get ready -- thank goodness it's Thursday! Can't wait to say TGIF!

Hi all!

Joanne, so glad to hear that dd is feeling well and that Ryan is content to stay where he is. :manyheart

Marisa, :yay for one more day!! :xfin that all will go well with your great Aunt and that she will be able to come to the reunion.

Leeann, hope all is well in your neck of the woods! :hug

To answer your question- yes the girl that we met yesterday was the same one from the sleepover. What I forgot to mention yesterday was that, after I told the mom we were leaving, she got upset and said her daughter called the girls stupid because she was just tired of playing the game. :eek:eek She posted something snotty on FB this morning but so far I haven't heard from her. :shrug Oh, well.

The doctor did call back and order the refill, but our insurance won't cover it until the 22nd. I will just give her the ear drops until then.

Today we did laundry and ran a bunch of errands. The girls were so tired by the time we were done. Since today is National Lollipop Day, I surprised them and stopped at See's Candies for a free lollipop. Of course, I had to buy extras. :devil So much for being free. :lol

Well, I need to scoot. Love and hugs!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Sounds like a case of 'like mother, like daughter' If the mother thinks it's ok for the girl to calls others stupid, then we need to find different playdaters :think:lol There are proper ways to express that your tired of playing a game, and that's NOT it!

Awwwww man!!! I missed national lollipop day?! :eek Oh well, I did put some in the pinatas, just didn't eat any :(

Hiya friends!

Remember me??? feels like again I do not have enough time in the day.:think

Marisa-:hugprayers headed your way to your auntie and your family for a safe, healthy reunion. :hug So this is your last day in your office for the week? for good?

I have been busy with my soap/candle business. I took a few samples to work yesterday and have been swamped with orders.:cheer:cheer Lotion bars are my biggest sellers. I made another batch tonight, different scents-pomegranate, coconut, almond and strawberry-kiwi. All of these I had orders for. So excited! I am hoping to eventually set a booth at our local Farmers Market early Saturday mornings, just can't seem to find a free Saturday.

Next weekend we are planning a big camping trip with both of my sisters and their families, my in-laws and my mom. Soo excited! Must plan plan plan..

Back to lotion bars. Hugs n squishes!

:yay for the soap, candles, and lotion

Today is my last day of work at my office for good!!!! I'm off tomorrow and all next week to spend with my family. Then I still work 2 weeks, but my boss has me heading to a different office for that time. It's a super slow office and only the doc works there, no receptionist (must be lonely). Anyways, he said to just do the receptionist stuff for him and since it's so slow there I can use the time to finish up my planning and making any phone calls I need to :D He told me to just hang out for 2 weeks :lol And it'll give the new crew at my place to function together without me, but I'll still be closeby if need be.

I don't think they've realized how much I do until this week :think My permanent replacement was back on tuesday after covering a different office, so for the past 2 days :devil I haven't answered any questions or dealt with any problems....haven't done any other paperwork besides the narratives! Kind of like a trial run. I think 1 person got discharged yesterday, so I'll do that narrative today and if any get discharged early today, I'll do those too. I don't want to leave them behind since those are people that have treated with me throughtout their course of treatment. Other than that, I plan to work on my business plan today and my knit sock that's been in my drawer for a year :eek:lol

Wow, I've just wrote a book :lol

Wow- LeeAnn- you sure are busy, busy, busy---but that's great about your lotion bars!!! And tubing this weekend and camping next weekend!!! FUN TIMES!!!!! Enjoy them!!!

Marisa- Yay for your last day of work before VACATION!!!!!!

Stacy- Hope the cleaning today goes by quickly!!!!

Beth- Stay as cool as you can! How'd the car do with inspection?

Off to get ready -- thank goodness it's Thursday! Can't wait to say TGIF!

I have a feeling this vaca is not going to be very vaca-like :think But it will be a different type of chaos :yes:lol I have to bring my sewing machine home to fix some of the clothes for my sil. The shirts anyways, I'll probably hem the pants by hand :think We shall see.

And, I might end up driving out to Pitt for next weekend to meet with these landlords and go over some structural changes. :think I'm waiting to hear back from the realtor.

I just got word that my great aunt is cleared to fly :clap:yay:cheer:woo

So, I'll be picking up my cousin tomorrow mornng, she's on the same flight for tomorrow that she would have been on today. My aunt's flight was already scheduled for tomorrow with her other daughter so no changes for them

It was angina, not another heart attack :whew

Thank you all for the extra help with your prayers :hug :hug :hug

HI all!

How was everyone's day?

Joanne-TGIF early! Any big plans for the weekend?

Marisa-so happy to hear that your aunt has been cleared. How exciting to finish one job and move on to something else.

Beth-how was your day?

Stacy-did ya get back to your old appt?

have a few more orders for lotion bars and another set of Peas in a Pod, sold three!

hi ho hi ho! It's off to work I go and then off to fix din din.

Hugs n squishes!

Archived