Some good clean fun?!

Good morning ladies :hi

Just waking up and not much to say today. I probably won't be back until some time tomorrow, late morning or into the afternoon. Toight is dinner after work for Mary's mom's birthday :yay And tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the eye doc and then I'll do my errands while I'm out :yes

Today I have a web demo scheduled for another office software at 11 while I'm at work. So, I have to swing by my old office to get Mary's laptop because she has the clear wireless internet that you can take anywhere. I don't want to try to sneak into our internet for that since it will be a long one :think I also have to take some supplies for this doc over here :yes

That's about it for now, so I'll see y'all tomorrow.......OR, maybe later if I have Mary's computer :devil

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Sunshine!

Yup, it's Friday! yipppeeee! *insert happy dance*! Today I will be going in to work late as my ds finally has his appt with a counselor. He went last week but we are going to do a family session and set up a Care Plan.

have a great day friends! Will bbl!

hugs n squishes!

Good morning, all!

Marisa, good luck with your web demo, and have fun at the birthday dinner. Happy Birthday, Mary's mom! :cheer

Leeann, good luck with the family session! I'm glad your ds was finally able to meet with the counselor. :xfin that it will help! :hug:hug

Joanne, how fun that you watch the game and text with dd! :yay

I am two strips in on my scrap rug. I found a pattern online for one that looks a little like the flannel'ghan, so now my kitchen will have it's very own. :lol I also have some slipper grips from a clearance sale a while back :devil to put on the bottom. Although I had no idea that there is such a thing as non-slip spray. :think Might have to look into that.

We have lots of errands to run today, and later tonight Isabella has soccer practice. If the girls are good during the errands, I will surprise them and take them swimming after lunch. :yes

Better get moving! Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy, sounds like you've been busy on the scrap rug. They have the most amazing products out. I never heard of no-slip spray, either.

LeeAnn, can't wait to hear how the counseling is going. I'm so proud of you all for going.

Marisa, You have so much going on. I hope the packing goes smoothly and quickly. I hope the demo is good.

Joanne, it's officially TGIF! Happy weekend to you. Enjoy the game. How special to "watch" it with your dd.

Mary, thanks for popping in. We miss you when you are too busy to come by, but I understand how it can be. What type of job do you have? Is your apartment nice? Do you have room for all your yarn?

Today has been crazy busy, but fun. I made gluten free chocolate cupcakes with cream filling, buffalo wings, and pizza dough, took the cupcakes and wings to a home school party, Partied for 3 hours, then cleaned up, went home, skipped tutoring (we are both in a weekend mood) and crocheted. I am almost 1/4 of the way done with my 3rd stadium blanket, though I'm still only 1/2 done with my 2nd one. I was getting bored with it. It is so nice to work on something different, and this one is flying off my hook, so far. I'm doing Giants colors, or is it New England Patriots colors??? Or is it just patriotic?

My darling hubby is leaving in about a week to go to Seattle for 2 weeks. I thought he wasn't leaving until September, so I'm a bit in shock over the whole thing. We are taking care of some loose ends, so he should have a good trip, we hope.

Hugs to you all! :hug :hug :hug:ghug

Stacy, sounds like you've been busy on the scrap rug. They have the most amazing products out. I never heard of no-slip spray, either.

LeeAnn, can't wait to hear how the counseling is going. I'm so proud of you all for going.:) I am so proud of you too LeeAnn!!! Hope it all goes well

Marisa, You have so much going on. I hope the packing goes smoothly and quickly. I hope the demo is good.

Joanne, it's officially TGIF! Happy weekend to you. Enjoy the game. How special to "watch" it with your dd. It is fun--and she is the happy one right now since the Red Sox are winning 1-0-

Mary, thanks for popping in. We miss you when you are too busy to come by, but I understand how it can be. What type of job do you have? Is your apartment nice? Do you have room for all your yarn?

Today has been crazy busy, but fun. I made gluten free chocolate cupcakes with cream filling, buffalo wings, and pizza dough, took the cupcakes and wings to a home school party, Partied for 3 hours, then cleaned up, went home, skipped tutoring (we are both in a weekend mood) and crocheted. I am almost 1/4 of the way done with my 3rd stadium blanket, though I'm still only 1/2 done with my 2nd one. I was getting bored with it. It is so nice to work on something different, and this one is flying off my hook, so far. I'm doing Giants colors, or is it New England Patriots colors??? Or is it just patriotic? Since you are liking this one and it is flying off your hook, it must be the NY Giants colors!!!:lol

My darling hubby is leaving in about a week to go to Seattle for 2 weeks. I thought he wasn't leaving until September, so I'm a bit in shock over the whole thing. We are taking care of some loose ends, so he should have a good trip, we hope.

Hugs to you all! :hug :hug :hug:ghug

Oh, leaving in a week as opposed to sept is quite a shock--hope it all goes well!!!

Off to finish watching the game.

Stacy- can't wait to see the scrap rug!

Quick good morning and Happy Saturday to all!!!

The Yankees won the first game in the series against the Red Sox and are now in first place!!! I'm very happy about that!!!

Now it's on to the cleaning--which I want done quickly- then heading out to get oil changed in my car---and then.................I plan to have fun the rest of the day!!! Crocheting, reading and then Yankee game at 4:10!!!! I'm not planning to see Ryan today unless DD calls and asks me to come over---I'm giving them their space-----but it's hard!!!

Good morning and Happy Saturday friends!

Joanne-a nice relaxing day sounds like :wooYou are such a good mom to be thinking of your dd's feelings and the need for space. My mom never helped me with either of my children, I would have been so greatful and appreciative.

Stacy-can't wait to see your rug, how fun! I have some goodies for my partner for the swap, can't wait to put the rest together.:rock

Beth-:dayThank you for the compliment. Counseling went great! Ds is going to start going weekly, he's so excited and nervous at the same time. I am so proud of him. Sounds like you will finish the second Stadium blanket soon, wooohooo!

Marisa-hope you have a good weekend and can maybe squeeze in time to :hook

Off to CO Springs, wish me energy,..hugs n squishes!

Good morning, all!

Joanne, good luck getting everything done so you can have fun! :yay:yay:yay It's very considerate and thoughtful of you to give dd and SIL their space to adjust. :yes I'm sure it is much-appreciated, and that she will call if she needs something.

Leeann, sending you lots of energy for your trip to CO Springs! :hug:hug:hug Have a great weekend!

Marisa, thinking of you and sending positive energy that you will finish up your business plan quickly. :hug:hug:hug

Beth, sounds like you had a busy-fun day yesterday! Yikes @ your hubby leaving for 2 weeks- it sucks that it was so unexpected. Does his company decide when he goes, or does he choose for himself?

Isabella has a soccer game this morning, then we are dropping off the girls with my IL's for the night! That was unexpected to me, but dh apparently knew. :think We are going out for dinner and coffee later, and that's as far as our plans go. :lol There is a Tim Burton exhibit at the LACMA that he wants to see, but I want to save that for another day, and see the show at the planetarium instead. :shrug We will see.

Off to get ready. Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug

Hello,

Stacy, have fun with your unexpected adults-only night. How cool to get a date when you didn't expect one!

LeeAnn, it sounds like counseling went well for the first time. It is a process. I'm sending all my extra energy your way.

Joanne, How nice for you to think about your dd and her family, and give them space, even though you want to be there with your baby.

Marisa, I hope you had fun at Mary's Mom's Birthday. Did you like the program you had demo'd?

I met my friends at the coffee shop today, and splurged on a flavored drink. I don't think I should have done that. I feel terrible now -- I think there was some gluten in one of the syrups they used. But it was tasty! I am rolling along on the 3rd stadium blanket. Reminds me of the Chicago Cubs.

Hey ladies :hi

I'm getting ready to .....

They just pulled the yankee/boston game off tv in the 8th inning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry

Anyways, before I was so rudely interrupted :think

I'm getting ready to review my business plan again and look over numbers. I didn't look at it today yet, but did alot of running around :yes Dinner was fun last night and Mary's mom is just sooo sweet, so pure at heart :manyheart Not much to report though

LeeAnn - I did crochet a little today while watch a show from the dvr that's just insanely backed up :yes

Beth - I did like the program and now will have to compare and contrast my notes with the other program from before :yes

Good morning all,

Stacy- Hope you and DH had a fun date night!!! Who won out? Tim Burton exhibit or the Planetarium?

LeeAnn- I'm happy to hear that DS is positive about the counseling! How was the trek to Co Springs? Hopefully you have a little relaxing time today--before the work week starts up again.

Beth- Hope that your coffee-flavored drink didn't cause too much distress. So did you finish the other 2 stadium blankets or are you going between each of them- so as not to get bored? (did that make sense?)

I saw on FB that you son put his lifeguard training to use yesterday-:clap that's awesome and you must be so proud!!! Hugs to him!!!:hug

Marisa- How could they pull the game in the 8th inning? :eek That doesn't make sense- except that Yankee/Boston games are notoriously LONG!!! :yesHoping that tonight's game has a better outcome (for me that is) I know you are rooting for the Red Sox, like my DD--she sure sent me a text quick enough last night!:lol:lol

Off to refill the coffee---and then.....who knows?

Have a good day!

Good morning ladies :hi

Joanne - First we didn't get the game here until after the Phils game was over so it was already in the 5th or 6th when it came on and then they had to go back over the Phils interviews for the post game because of the contracting :angry So not fair!!!! Oh well :shrug

Well ladies, not much to report this morning. Going to do my workout after I finish my coffee here, then get my shower. I guess since it's supposed to storm, I'll skip the car wash today :( Heading over to Mary's mom's house for a little get together for her birthday :D Um, yeah, I thin that's about it :yes

Good morning,

I hope you all have a Sunny Sunday. Mine looks quite overcast right now. I have a bunch of things going on today -- grocery shopping, tutoring, swim team banquet.. It'll be a busy one. I"m feeling much better, though I woke up with a headache -- took some Tylenol, drank some water, went back to sleep, and I feel OK now.

Talk to you later, :hug :hug :hug :hug

Evening Friends!

I'm back but just barely. The trip to CO Springs was long and somewhat frustrating. My sis took forever to shop, we should have just dropped off Jonathon and went out seperate ways but we didn't want to be rude,...she took over 4 hours shopping, which put my shopping behind. Didn't get home until almost 11...:angry I was exhausted. Still feel quite tired and can't seem to get the energy to get everything done. We did manage to clean the kitchen and tidy up but still need to clean the bathrooms, guess they will have to wait until I feel more energized. I haven't picked up hook and yarn yet...no energy. Sorry to be such a Negative Nancy, just feeling tired. Will be back later.

hugs n extra squishes!

LeeAnn, sorry your trip to Co Springs wasn't a lot of fun. I wouldn't have been able to stand shopping for 4 hours, unless it was for yarn or chocolate... I'm glad you're home safe and sound.

Marisa, so very much going on. Did you get any packing done yet?

Joanne, how is everybody? I hope you have a good day in Paradise.

Stacy, I would love to have details about your night out on the town with Jorge. What did you end up doing?

Today is cat care day, sheet washing day, taking kids to college to jump through hoops for enrollment day, and tutoring day. Hooray???

Have a great one! :hug

Good morning!

Beth- Good luck jumping through hoops for enrollment!!!! As for the other things- piece of cake!!!!

Marisa- Hope you had a good time at Mary's aunts. Any feedback on your proposal from your Dad and Sis?

LeeAnn- Sorry to hear that Co Spgs was so tiring--4 hours is a long time for shopping- especially when their was no yarn involved...hope that you didn't overdue and opted to just get a good night's sleep last night!

Paradise is going to be a bear this week- mgr is off and the gal that I act as back up for is also off--that on top of losing 2 staff last week---well, let's just say the day can't end quick enough---it's going to be one heck of a week--let the rollercoaster ride begin!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I had trouble falling asleep last night :( So am feeling tired this morning :sigh It's officially the first day of my last week of work :eek:bounce

I worked more on my business plan last night and today I'll write up the loan request letter. It's close to being finished now :yay I'm expecting a call back from my bank today or tomorrow from a lady that I was told would contact me back when I called on friday to get some info about the loan process and submitting my request. I guess she's specificall a healthcare loan agent.

LeeAnn - Sorry to hear about your shopping excursion, I don't like shopping for that many hours :eek I'm more of a get in and get out kinda girl, unless I'm just wasting time in which case I tend to walk around aimlessly :lol Definitely understandable that your energy was drained :yes Hope today is better :hug

Beth - I haven't done any more packing in quite a while now :eek My place is just a mess!!!! :shrug

Joanne - I haven't heard back yet from anyone :think Well, my sister's been running constant too, but I expect to hear from my dad today since my SIL and the kids left last night, and yep, they got home safely :clap I should also hear back from my friends as well I expect today :think:xfin

Hello hello!

Joanne-good luck this week! I hope that it flies by quicky for you. Will you be hiring replacements soon? Sure hope so. :hug

Marisa-Happy Last week of work! Betting that it will zoom by and that your loan process is speedy. :hug

Beth-did you make it? Any time to :hook?:hug

Stacy-how are you? Are you working fewer hours? :hug Can't remember.:lol

Work was nice, wow! Can't believe that I said that. :D I went to bed a little bit earlier last night and felt more energized today. Came home and cooked dinner, cleaned the bathrooms and finished folding laundry...going to sit and do absolutely nothing...maybe watch the tube. yippeee! this weekend we are going horseback riding in Creede...dh's idea. He suprised us today and had done all of the reserving and setting it up, guess I will not be resting this weekend. We are excited tho, he had promised dd that if she read enough books to reach her goal he would take her to see/ride horses. She is ecstatic! She loves horses and has wanted to ride for years now. I am excited too! Spending time with my kiddos and hubby is the best, I think I stress more when it's with the rest of my family.

off to relax, hugs n squishes dear friends! Have a great Tuesday!

Good morning!

LeeAnn- How sweet of DH to arrange for the horseback riding this weekend!! I can only imagine how excited your DD must be!!!! You'll have fun with just your DH and kiddos--and having a fun time IS very relaxing!!!!

Marisa- WTG on finishing up the business plan!!! I'm so happy for you that things are starting to fall into place after all the hard work you have put into it!!! Your own practice is going to be just perfect for you--you have the work ethic to make it successful!!!

Stacy- Are things starting to settle down a little at your new place? It must be so nice to have it be just you and your family- and no roomie!!!!! How's the job?

Mary- Sending hugs to you as you embark on this new chapter in your life.

Beth - How did "jumping through hoops" go?

Off to get ready for another wonderful day in Paradise!!!

Good morning :coffee

I'm having a hard time opening my eyes here :( I'm thinking about laying down for another hour :think

I finished my business plan yesterday, assuming I don't need to make any corrections. And, what do y'all think about putting any pictures in? I read yesterday that sometimes pics are good to use, but I don't even know what I'd use :think

LeeAnn - Horseback riding sounds awesome and yes, having fun is relaxing :yes

Joanne - :hug :hug :hug Thanks

Good morning, ladies!!

Leeann, how sweet that dh made the reservations for horseback riding! :manyheart Dd is going to be so surprised. I'm sure you will have so much fun!

Marisa, good luck with submitting your loan request! As for the photos...I'm not sure. :think All I can think of is maybe graphs for your yearly projections? Or maybe photos of the property...Hmmm. Maybe you can ask the agent when she returns your call?

Joanne, good luck in Paradise today! I hope it goes by quickly despite the staff shortage. :hug:hug

Well, MIL brought the girls home yesterday, and Eva left with her again. :lol It's surprising that she went by herself- usually she will only stay if Isabella also stays.

The date night with dh ended up being a non-date night. We went to dinner at Buca di Beppo and invited dh's friend who helped us move, as a thank you. It was so fun, though. He is really nice and doesn't go out much- he was really excited when dh called. :yes Yesterday, dh came home early and we went out for lunch and coffee. We are trying to become familiar with the restaurants and shops in the area. There are tons!

The work front isn't looking good- for the past 3 weeks, I've only gotten 1 day/week. :( The manager who makes the schedule told me that she doesn't have extra to give because sales are low, but the closing manager (who doesn't know I spoke with the other one) said they are hiring extra workers because she has so many hours. :angry So I don't know what's going on there.

We are settling into the apartment and everyone seems happy now. :manyheart It is so nice to be by ourselves again. I ordered some Scentsy products and am working on the scrap rug for the kitchen- still need to buy picture hangers and finish up the afghan for the chair. It is coming along nicely, though. :yes

Well, I need to scoot and get ready for the day. I need to run to the store for more coffee, set Mia's ENT appointment, and then she has a soccer game tonight. Love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Hello everyone -

The smoke from NC wildfires was blowing through this morning -- didn't do a thing for my asthma. It's clearer now, though, but stinking hot again. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the day inside, unless my IRL crochet friend is going to the pool, in which case, I will be joining her.

Joanne, I hope this week goes by quickly for you. It sounds like Paradise is a busy place.

LeeAnn, your horseback weekend sounds wonderful. How nice of your dh to organize it. What a great reward for your dd.

Stacy, frownie face about the hours at work. I wonder what is up? It sounds like your place is really becoming a home. Is it nice to live roomie-free? How are the dogs adjusting?

Marisa, sounds like you are making great progress towards getting your own business. I am very proud of you.

the twins are registered, tuition paid, and books purchased. My dd is so excited about school. My son, not so much, but he isn't dreading it as much as he was. My other son went today and got his schedule snafu's straight. I finally got my new glasses (Happy dance!)

Off to sit in the a/c and crochet!:c9

Good evening ladies :hi

Work went a bit slower today. I guess because I had less to work on :lol I thought about starting an office policy/procedures manual but just didn't feel like it. I read over my business plan and made some corrections. I sent it off to my cousins down in tampa to review it for me as well :yes Now I'm nervous because they're business people :lol I'm hoping they can pick up on some things that the rest of us civil people miss :rofl Made some phone calls and then started to read up a bit on taxes and accounting. Oh, I spoke with an accountant this morning and I'll meet up with her when I move to go over my needs and she if we'd be a good fit working together. She's the one that my attorney recommended and he actually uses her himself :yes She seemed very nice from our conversation this morning :xfin

The bank didn't call me back today, so I'll give a call again tomorrow :yes I was supposed to hear back by today, but things happen so I didn't want to call right away today. I have some laundry in now and another load waiting. My sister asked if I had any twin sheet to bring to the beach and lucky for her the set that was on the spare bed wasn't packed yet (the rest were) so they're in the wash now. I'm glad she called today about it :yes

I guess that's about it for now :think

Stacy - bummer on the work front, maybe you should speak with the highest supervisor about it :think Good idea to ask the bank loan agent :yes And that was very nice of you to take dh's friend out with you :manyheart You may have missed your date night but it sounds like you really made his night :yes and at least you were child free and with adults which can still help it be relaxing :yes

Beth - :yay for new glasses. I'm waiting for my new pair to come in and just got a call today that my contacts were there. The lady told me 10-14 days and that was just on saturday!!!! :clap Still waiting on the glasses though. I totally forgot, so thanks for reminding me :hug Kids going back to school, why did I feel like you homeschool? :think

Hi all,

Read the posts but forgive me for not responding right now-I'll get to it in the AM--I stopped to see Ryan and DD and SIL after work, and now I'm starving!!!

I'll post more in the AM- but wanted to say hi and have a good night!!!!!

Hugs

Joanne, Hooray for Ryan and dd and sil time!!!!

Marisa, my kids are homeschooled for high school, but the oldest is starting college full time, and the twins are both taking one college course while finishing high school this year.

I love my new glasses. I really needed them -- big difference. I don't have a headache for the first time in a long time!

Archived