Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marisa, Mmmmmm, cake! I'm glad it turned out well. That was a very nice gesture for your coworker. So few people bake at home now.

This morning, my hubby rooted through a pile of papers, handed me a bill, and asked me if I did anything about it yet. OK, we have a file in the file cabinet where I keep all unpaid bills. How am I supposed to know he had it buried underneath birthday cards on the tv stand? Grrrrrrrrr. Men. At least he gave it to me before it was due.

Off to pay bills. have a great one!

Well Beth...you're ALWAYS supposed to know!!! :lol I think men with common sense are far and few between :think

I love baking and cooking :yes Although I probably won't be doing too much of it over the next few month since I'm just here by myself and won't really be around on the weekends now. But I surely do enjoy it. Sometimes I'll use the box stuff, which I did this time, but often I do it from scratch too :yes It's so much better that way.

My stepdaughter had her baby yesterday- a month early!!! Little William and she are doing fine- he was 5 lbs 11 oz!!! I got home from work late and the angels started bowling so didn't make it back on.

Marisa- Did the angels bowl long last night- they did here - at least until I was sleeping. Not sure when it ended. I did finish a SBT last night! Love yours and the Market bag- that came out really neat.

Well, running out of time yet again- so all I can say is TGIF!!!!! Stay cool!

Not too long here :no But honestly, I don't pay it any mind and I'm not one for unplugging things for it either :think However, it breezed through within about 2 hours here and it was moving in your direction so I'm pretty sure it lingered over your way for a while :think The news was reported alot of hail around here, not sure if my area specifically got any or not so will have to check out my car when I head out :yes

Glad to hear that William and step dd are doing well :hug

Well ladies, tomorrow is my mom's bday....she's 60 this year :yes Me and Mary are heading home after work (after she stops by her mom's) and tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut (off :eek) It's about that time and I'm ready for a change again. Every few years I like to change my hair style. Don't know what it'll look like until it's done :eek I'm so ready for this mop to be off my head though :lol My sister and her bf are coming home as well, but I don't think my mom knows yet :think

Have a wonderful day everyone and I won't be back tonight, hopefully in the AM though :xfin

Hey girls!!

Quick fly-by to say hello. We found the PERFECT apartment last night, the floor plan is about as big as this house- each bedroom is double the size. And well within our price range. :yes That is rare. I called our landlord back last night and now she said there's only a 20% chance that we will need to move out early now. :(:angry Why even mention it if she's not sure? Anyway...I told the manager of the apartment that I would call her back by 5. :xfin that we are able to move early! I don't think they will hold the apartment until August if we can't.

Beth, it is terribly difficult to find an apartment complex that will allow the German Shepard. Yikes @ dh with the bill! Jorge always tells me like 2 days before if something is due. Or he'll ask me if I paid something, when he's the one who receives the online statements. Men.

Leeann, good luck with work and getting the insurance stuff straightened out. :hug:hug

Joanne, hope it's not too hot today! Congrats to your stepdaughter! Glad they are both fine. :hug:hug:hug

Marisa, happy birthday to your mom! Have fun with Mary and your parents this weekend!

Ok, I have to get moving- lots of errands to run this morning, and the girls have their International Dance day at school, then the science fair (which Isabella is participating in) AND a gourmet ice cream truck is going to be at their school for a fundraiser. Somehow I have to fit this all in before I work at 3. :whew It's gonna be a long one! LoL

Good morning!

Stacy- That apt sounds wonderful and I sure am praying and sending positive thoughts that it all works out!! Did you get everything done that you had to get done before work! Sounds like a very crazy, busy day!!! Never seen a 'gourmet' ice cream truck before! But like a lot of things that start out on the West Coast eventually make their way to the East Coast!

LeeAnn- Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

Marisa- Happy 60th Birthday to your Mom!! I'm sure she is going to be surprised to see your sis and BF!! Have fun with the new 'do'!!!

Beth- How was pizza night? Do you still put the oven on and bake when it's hot out? Even with AC, I hate to turn the oven on in the summer!! Why add more heat to the house? Hope you get to have a relaxing weekend.

Off to have another cup of coffee and sew in the lining to the tote that I'm putting Ryan's RR in. Then some errands to run before the baby que/shower. Can't wait to see my brothers and sil's as well as my Boston DD!!! Looks like it may rain- but thankfully we have tents- and there is nothing we can do to control the weather anyway!

Have a good day!

Morning all!

Thank you all so very much for the birthday wishes, I had an excellent day!

Headed out to run a few errands perhaps for a little bit of fabric as well (birthday money). So excited!

BBL!

hugs n squishes!

Evenin all!

Joanne-So glad that you had a great time at the baby/que shower! How fun! Did you all have games? I bet your dd is super excited, more as the time is near. Have you started another SBT? I bet you have!:hug Will you have to work late this week?

Marisa-Happy Late Birthday to your mom! Sure you had an awesome time! Hoping that all of the arrangements with your bro work out for everyone. I bet you are getting more and more anxious for the move, have you found a building?

Beth-how are you and the rest of your family? Did you cool down any? I agree, I do not enjoy cooking in hot weather..no thank you.:lol What is on your hook these days?

Stacy-did you all get the apartment? I hope so! Gourmet ice cream sounds so fancy!

Today was a busy but nice day. The kiddos are at the in-laws so it was just dh and myself. We did make it to the fabric shop, I signed up for a class that teaches you how to insert zippers into bage/purses. I am a self taught sewer but want to make sure that my finished product is the best it can be. I will be taking the class on the 20th from 6-9. That will make it for a long day but I know it will be worth it.

Also made a bath of Lavender & Basil soap with real Aloe Vera! I have been researching all of the benefits of aloe and thought I would try it in a batch of soap. I will post pics tomorrow. My brother in-law gave me a few aloe plants and I was dying to try it. And worked on my purse for the swap, decided to frog it and try different yarn. I was using this yarn similar to linen yarn...not easy to work with, I hope I hope that I can get this purse done this weekend to my liking. I am so nervous to send it to someone else, I hope that she likes it.

My birthday was awesome, the training was long but I was able to go out to lunch with a few of my friends and co-workers. Dh took me out to eat for dinner and the kiddos made me the most beautiful card and yummy snack. I was happy spending time with all of them. The family also bought me a lovely watch and baked a delicious, scrumptious chocolate cake. :manyheart:manyheart

Best get myself to bed, I have been extremely tired the last couple of days, I think going to bed late and getting up super early is catching up with me.

hugs n extra squishes! night all!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday- Got all my chores done, plus trips to a couple of stores and did the grocery shopping. Getting ready to take a quick cat nap and then crochet for a bit!!!!

I can't believe the weekend is almost over !!!!!

Hello everyone,

Nothing exciting to report today. I did the grocery shopping, tutored, and now I hope to work on my dd's sweater. The sleeves have "cuffs" for the bottom 1/3, which I need to add. I also have to edge and make those all-important pockets.

Enjoy your day.

Hey ladies :hi

I'm back and we had quite a busy weekend :yes My sis and her bf surprised my mom's on friday at work when they got in and she almost cried. When me and Mary got home, they were hanging out in the kitchen....eating, drinking, and watching hockey. Saturday we got up and started running fairly early. We had some errands to run before my haircut at noon, which my hair is GONE :lol Then we went out to eat for my mom's bday. AFter that went to the mall and boscov's was having a great sale on clothes and we all made out :yes Then we invitied family over for cake....just both partents immediate siblings and their families. We had a houseful and a great time. After the company cleared out we went to sit down my aunt's house a bit. Leaving there we decided we were hungry and we stopped to get a pizza on the way home. Today we watched 2 movies on my mom's dvr....Mary wanted to see one and my sister wanted to see the other....I've already seen both but they're cute so watched and read my nook. AFter dinner we headed out and now here I am :whew

Stacy - Great news on finding the perfect apt :clap Are you able to get out of your current lease early?

Joanne - Glad to hear the baby que went well :yay

LeeAnn - You'll have a lot of fun with the class your going to take :yes Your new soap sounds divine :yes Glad you had a great bday :hug

Thanks for all the wishes for my mom :D I'm hoping to crochet a bit this evening :xfin Have quite a bit to do though. :think

Hello hello!

Been a busy day! Running like a chicken!

Marisa-so glad that you are home and had a great weekend! I bet your mom was beside herself, how fun!

Joanne-the weekend did go by fast huh? I thought so too.

Beth-not much going on here in our neck of the woods, same ol' but keeping busy.

I finished the newest soap, Lavender & Basil with Aloe Vera, so soft, lathers wonderfully, feels soo good on your skin. I will be adding it to my site but here's a sneak peak.

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897666939_thumb.jpg

post-33271-13589766696_thumb.jpg

Morning all,

LeeAnn- love the way the soaps look! And with the aloe, I'll bet they do feel good on the skin!!!!

I did some crocheting on my swap present (finally) last evening. The weekend just flew on by and I can't believe it's time to start another week in Paradise already. I feel like I could use another day off work!!!

Stacy- Looking forward to hear how your first week of work went- and if you were able to get out of lease early and get that apartment!

Beth- How's DD's sweater coming along? Is it cool down in VA? It was a little humid yesterday/cloudy but in low 70's. I could take this weather rather than sunny 90's humid for sure!

Marisa- Can't wait to see pics of the new hair do!! It must feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders! (I just couldn't resist- call it early Monday morning, need my caffeine in me attempt at humor)

Have a great day everyone!

Hello hello!

Been a busy day! Running like a chicken!

Marisa-so glad that you are home and had a great weekend! I bet your mom was beside herself, how fun!

I finished the newest soap, Lavender & Basil with Aloe Vera, so soft, lathers wonderfully, feels soo good on your skin. I will be adding it to my site but here's a sneak peak.

hugs n squishes!

She sure was beside herself and she loved every minute of it :yay How I wish you could put a 'scratch n sniff' spot on your post so I can smell that wonderful looking soap :idea

Morning all,

I did some crocheting on my swap present (finally) last evening. The weekend just flew on by and I can't believe it's time to start another week in Paradise already. I feel like I could use another day off work!!!

Marisa- Can't wait to see pics of the new hair do!! It must feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders! (I just couldn't resist- call it early Monday morning, need my caffeine in me attempt at humor)

Have a great day everyone!

No even funny....my head feels SOOOOO much lighter :lol I haven't had short hair in many years now :no We were JUST short of being able to donate it :shrug

Well ladies, not much new to report since last night. We have a different doc with us today. The same girl we trained last time and the doc that was with us last week is going to the office she's coming from. We're not exactly overjoyed at this, but what can ya do :think

Have a wonderful monday :hug

Good morning,

Marisa, your weekend sounds like it was awesome! What fun.

Joanne, the baby-que sounds like it went well. I'll bet your dd is getting excited. And congrats on the early addition to your family. I hope mom and son are doing well.

LeeAnn, you make the most beautiful soaps. I like Marisa's idea of scratch-and-sniff for the computer.

It's been in the 90's here all weekend, but the drop from being in the 100's makes it feel much better. Still just too hot, though.

Have fun cleaning those turtles Marisa!!! And fingers crossed for some crocheting time.

Beth- 90 is too hot too- it was kind of cloudy/a little humid but temps high 70's I think- it was definitely comfortable enough- even if my hair doesn't do humidity well!!!

LeeAnn- Hope your day went well- and I like Marisa's idea of scratch and sniff!!

Thinking about you Stacy- and loved the pics of the race your DH and his Dad and the girls ran that you posted on FB!

Off to grab a bite to eat and then settle in with hook and yarn-

Thanks Joanne.....

Doesn't look like any crochet time for me this evening. Apparently the filter wasn't dirty/clogged, it's BROKE!!!! :eek So now I gotta quick change and run to petsmart to buy a new filter :angry

Hey all!

Joanne, glad you had fun at the shower despite the rain! Your first baby shower as a grandma- how exciting! Is your dd getting nervous/excited as her due date gets closer?

Leeann, your soaps are beautiful!! I bet it does feel wonderful on your skin- aloe is awesome!

Marisa, glad your mom had a great birthday! How fun that your sis surprised her at work. Yikes @ the broken filter- hope you found a new one.

Beth, how is your job going? I hope the ballet mistress isn't keeping you too busy.

So...after lots of hemming and hawing (despite being the one to initiate this whole thing) the owner decided we can get out of the lease on August 1 instead of the 15th. She dragged it out for so long, though, that we missed out on the other apartment. :angry I could cry. We looked at 3 other ones today and they are nowhere near as roomy as we would like. :ohdear We are just going to keep looking. :shrug

Jorge dropped his iPod this afternoon as we arrived home and the glass shattered. :( He is pretty upset. I have an appointment with the Apple store tomorrow at 11 to see what can be done with it. He's angling for an iPhone, though- so I'm sure this is his foot in the door. :wink

Work is going well, although this week will be very slow until we have the grand opening. Last week I had almost 50 hours- this week I'm down to 10. They said our hours will pick up once the sales pick up, but I'm applying for federal work-study tomorrow, just in case. That way, if this job falls through (or the hours just aren't enough) I will have a back-up plan for the fall.

On a happier note- we cruise in 13 days!!! :woo I cannot wait!! Jorge wants to do some on-shore excursions when we dock, but I don't care if we stay on the boat the entire time, I am just happy to be away for 5 whole days. :manyheart:lol

Well, I guess that's enough :blah- time to get ready for bed. My throat hurts and actually feels a little swollen. I wonder if it's from talking so much at work this week? :think Good night, besties!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Morning glories!

Oh, Marisa- how frustrating that you had to get dressed and go back out to get a new filter!!! Banging my head in frustration for you!!!! HOpe all is well, turtles are clean, filter is working and you have a great day today!

Stacy- So sorry to hear about the apt, but I'm keeping fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts across country that you find an even better one!!!

I think Jorge is going to have an iphone before this day is over! You are right--this is is foot in the door on getting one---wonder if the ipod "dropped 'on purpose? LOL You must be so excited for the upcoming cruise!!!! Have a blast- you sure have earned it!!!!

Beth- How's DD's sweater coming along?

LeeAnn- Hope you are starting to settle in to a schedule- it's always tough going from 'stay at home' mom to mom working- extra hugs!

Off for another day in Paradise- which doesn't promise to be much better than yesterday- but it is what it is....see you on the flip side!

Joanne, I started the cuff on one sleeve for my dd's cardigan, but didn't get that far. Here's the pattern. I love their things. It's going to be a challenge to add pockets to this, because it's such an open pattern, but I love it so far! And it's been a lot easier than I expected. All the pieces are crocheted together. NO SEWING!!!:cheer:clap:hug:yay

Stacy, yesterday at work, I had to clean out the refrigerator, which is stocked with donated water, sodas, and juice boxes. That's an on-going fund raiser, which is quite successful. Any way, the new frige was set too cold. Three sodas froze and burst. Yee-haw!!! At least someone let me know right away, so it cleaned up easily. Today, I was asked to come in early. An irate parent scheduled a meeting. The ballet mistress doesn't want to be alone with her. I asked if she wanted me to bring my tall, muscular son. She said "And an ax." My son is coming. I think it's sad when someone is considered threatening at a ballet studio, of all places. I'm so sorry you missed out on that awesome apartment. I hope you find something even better. Enjoy planning your cruise. What fun!

Marisa, you seem to replace filters often. Didn't you just get one a couple months ago? Are the turtles happy now?

LeeAnn, I finally went back and checked out your new soaps. They are lovely. I need to go back to your Etsy page.

I woke up with a headache, but the coffee is helping. I am looking forward to a morning with nothing but catching up on housework (and maybe crocheting) and a quick evening at work. I hope you all have a great Tuesday! :ghug

Good morning ladeis :hi

On the filter front, frustration doesn't even begin to explain what I was feeling last night Joanne :eek And Beth, you're right that the filter I had I just got a few months ago and before that one, the good one I had of the same type I had for about 4 years :shrug Not quite sure what happened with it. Now at that time when that first one crashed I did pick up a couple cheap crappy ones in the meantime before getting the good one again :shrug

So anyway, I get a new filter at the pet store and alot of money later (that I really didn't have to spend) find that the filter isn't good for the turtle tank because the water has to cover the pieces and I can't keep the turtle water to the top of the tank :think So, as of now, they are still sitting in their feeding tank :eek I got online and order some replacement parts that :xfin will help me extend those pieces, so hopefully it will work. This one cost more than the other one, but maybe will work better if I get it working for me because this one is bigger and can pump 250 gallons per hour, where the other one only did 80 :think And over the past couple days, I had gotten some not so great news and that was just the icing on the cake to make me feel like my world is about to start crashing :(

Feeling better this morning though after a good night sleep and now going to head up for my workout in a few, which I missed over the weekend. So, that should help too....it's amazing how good working out makes you feel :think

Stacy - Sorry the apartment situation is a mess and I guess for some unknown reason that we don't know yet, the other one wasn't for you or I'm sure it would've worked out. Keep looking and I'm confident that you'll find another spot :hug :hug :hug Where are you cruising to? If you said it before then I think I missed it :blush

Beth - That cardigan is super cute and I saved the link :yes I'm going to have to check out that site a bit more :lol

Marisa- Oh boy- you are right --it doesn't sound like frustration explains how you were feeling. Glad that you got a good night's sleep despite it and that you were up to working out- It is a great stress reliever!!!! As I said in the other thread, I adore your hair- it is just stunning on you!!!!! Love, Love, Love it!!!!!!

Beth- Hope that you don't need your DS to intervene tonight in the meeting with the ballet mistress and the irate parent!!! I love that sweater. I'll have to check out the patterns on that site too!!

Stacy- Hope today went well. For you too, LeeAnn.

Stomach is growling and dinner is ready so off I go.....

Good Evening all!

Oh my.....I have been gone for a day and feel so heartbroken, I miss all of you so much when I do not get a chance to get on here.

Marisa-love your new do! It is short and sassy! Very pretty on you! So sorry to hear about the turtle filter, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this one works well for you. You are right, working out does relieve stress. Hope that the rest of the week goes by smoothly for you.

Joanne-the weekend flew by as well as this week. So sorry to hear that Paradise is the same, anything you can do to make it more pleasureable? Besides your positive attitude! i love reading about the way you look at things, makes me strive to be optimistic and positive.

Beth-oh gosh! I hope that the irate parent calms down, nothing is worse. Good thing you were able to clean out the fridge before everything started dripping and making a bigger mess. The pattern for the sweater looks awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Stacy-so hope that you find the "perfect appartment" You worked a ton of hours last week...geesh!

We have had training in different locations all week. Yesterday we were at our center getting a presentation/power point ready for tomorrow. We will be training bus aides, center aides and substitutes...that is enough to make my world spin. I was up late last night putting the finishing touches on the presentation, agenda, evaluation and sign in sheet. Today we had a General Orientation that lasted all day....the presentation tomorrow will be in Center, and hours drive away..will have to leave my house by 6:30 a.m. Yikes!

Haven't had time to crochet or the energy, seems like I have tons to do but am running from sun up to sun down...whew!

Will get the soap listed on my Etsy shop in just a few, have in ready, just need to post it.

Best get dinner on the table too. Hugs n squishes! Please know that I am thinking of you all often, just been busy.

Archived