Some good clean fun?!

Good morning!

Sounds like a long busy Monday for many of us!

Good luck today LeeAnn!!!! It's always an adjustment going back to work! Your camping trip sounds like it will be lots of fun!

Stacy- How's the orientation going? Did you have your Soc final or is it today?

Beth- Plenty of caffeine will get you through- that's what I'm planning on!

Marisa- I did give her a high five!!! She really was a great big help!!!

Going to be a long one for me to. I'm the late supervisor this week- and I still have to be in normal time today since there are a couple of things that must get taken care of. Hopefully, the rest of the week, I'll just go in a bit later since I have to work till 5:30.

Have a good one!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We had a fun day together- all the totes have lining- some are sewn in- the top part that you do by hand! They look great with the lining and it feels awesome to have some Christmas gifts finished!!!

Hope you all had a great day- it's time for me to head upstairs!

Sounds like you made some awesome progress :yes I didn't even think about xmas yet :think

Evenin All!

Thought I would pop in to see how everyone is doing.

Marisa-I have never had a mojito before, but it sounds yummy. I would rather crochet than pack.:devil

Joanne-wtg on the lining! you sure are on the ball! Glad that your dd can visit and help at the same time.

Beth-you are not fat, I like to call myself Juicy. :lol

had a good day at the inlaws, we also drove up to a camp site to scout it out. We are planning a camping trip towards the end of July, my sis and her family will be going with us. I can't wait!

Didn't get a chance to sew today but am working on a purse for the swap.

Tomorrow it is back to work for me until the end of October, so excited but a bit nervous. Will let you all know how it goes.

have a good night friends! hugs n squishes!

Oooo, I like 'juicy' :devil Have fun at work :hug My mojito was quite refreshing and I pretty much chose to crochet yestereday :blush

Good morning, and pass the coffee!!! 4:45 sure felt early today.

I hope you all have a good Monday. It's going to be a long one for me, starting with the cat care, going through cleaning a very messy house, running to the store I really don't enjoy going to, and tutoring, then working in the evening.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

:hug :hug :hug I hope it breezes by quickly for you.

Good morning!

Sounds like a long busy Monday for many of us!

Marisa- I did give her a high five!!! She really was a great big help!!!

Going to be a long one for me to. I'm the late supervisor this week- and I still have to be in normal time today since there are a couple of things that must get taken care of. Hopefully, the rest of the week, I'll just go in a bit later since I have to work till 5:30.

Have a good one!

Hope your week isn't too crazy at work. My monday shouldn't be too bad, but will be long :think I think I have my regular doc and the new doc so with 3 of us there, it just might be a bit overcrowded :lol I do have some paperwork that needs tending to though since last week was crazy and I didn't get to any of it :think

OK, gotta head upstairs and shuffle through some papers to look for something before I start getting ready :sigh

Evening!

How is everyone today? I hope well!

Beth-4:45 is way to early! oh my! I hope that your day went smoothly at least and that you were able to get hook time in.

Joanne-great work getting x-mas gifts done! that is wonderful! Sorry to hear that you have to stay late and go in early, that is the pits.

Marisa-you must have been busy too, maybe you can relax this evening with hook and yarn in hand.

Today went well, we are almost done with the classrooms, just have to do a bit of inventory and set up the break-area. All in all it was a great day!

Nothing new to report here, going to sit and relax, our house is hot hot hot! Dh is going to install the window AC units this weekend, can't wait, seems like we have such extreme weather.

hugs n squisherrrss!

Evening!

How is everyone today? I hope well!

Beth-4:45 is way to early! oh my! I hope that your day went smoothly at least and that you were able to get hook time in.

Joanne-great work getting x-mas gifts done! that is wonderful! Sorry to hear that you have to stay late and go in early, that is the pits.

Marisa-you must have been busy too, maybe you can relax this evening with hook and yarn in hand.

Today went well, we are almost done with the classrooms, just have to do a bit of inventory and set up the break-area. All in all it was a great day!

Nothing new to report here, going to sit and relax, our house is hot hot hot! Dh is going to install the window AC units this weekend, can't wait, seems like we have such extreme weather.

hugs n squisherrrss!

On my way to the couch now to sit in front of the tv with :hook and :yarn in hand :yes

HI all,

Quiet day here- but that seems to be more the norm anymore!! Just means every one is very busy!!!

Had a very long day and just settling in right now to do a little crocheting before calling it an early night!!

Hugs to all!

Hi all,

I will be busy in the afternoons/evenings for the next couple of months, so my morning pop-in may be all you hear from me. Mrs. Evans (The ballet mistress) asked me to work more, and offered Amanda's classes for free. She's given up the phone -- can't hear what's going on, and it's frustrating for her, so I'm doing all calling now. Speaking of which, I need to get there to place an order for her this morning. Have a good day :hug x 10

Beth- that's great that you can work for your DD's tuition! I know how expensive dance classes can be having had 3 DD's who all danced- and one who also was on a gymnastic team!!!

Had a very long day- I was up early -around 4 ish- and couldn't sleep so I finished the RR except for the border. I'm starting to fade, but the Yankees /Red Sox are on so want to watch that.

Marisa- Hope the exercise relieved some of the stress!!

STacy- Saw on FB that you got A's in two of your classes and waiting on the 3rd grade!! Congrats- You are awesome!! how's the job going?

See you in the AM!

Hey everyone :hi

Not such a busy day today....or maybe it just doesn't feel like it since we have the extra doc training. He's not fresh out of school so has experience and is able to jump right in, it's just the paperwork and how we do things he needs to get familiar with :yes

Tomorrow is my other doc's bday, so I have a cake in the oven now. No clue what to get him :shrug So we're going out after work for dinner tomorrow night :yay And you guessed it, to our new diner :lol Saturday is my mom's bday so I'll be going home and my sister and her bf are coming too :clap We're having a few family members over for cake. We were going to have a big party for her this year, she'll be 60!!!! But what we had for a plan was to have a big bash and make it joint with a family reunion in June...well, they made the family reunion at the end of July so we passed on the big party for ma since we can't have people making the trip like that :think Oh, and I'm getting my hair CUT on saturday too. I told my hairdresser short and sassy, so we'll see what happens :lol

Um, what else....the stress will be ongoing until they leave to go back home :eek It happens every time they come home :sigh My mom is so fed up already that she said she's done inviting them places, and we still have a month and a half left.

OK, going to finish up with my other threads so I can crochet when this cake comes out :yes

Howdy do!

Marisa-I hope that you were able to exercise those frustrations out. :) Also keeping my fingers crossed that you had a good day. Just read your post, your poor mom, it can be difficult having company for an extended period of time.:hug

Joanne-how was your day in Paradise? Have you started your tote/purse for the swap? I made one but am not sure that it is big enough, started another one without much progress. I am hoping after dinner I can work on it for a bit. Do you have more totes that you want to make?

Beth-so excited that your dd will be able to take her class for free, kinda. Two months of evening work? I hope that it is not every evening, that would be hard.

Work went well, busy but good. Just finished cooking, dishes, cleaned bathrooms and washed two loads of laundry. Going to sit and relax.

hugs n squishes!

Howdy do!

Marisa-I hope that you were able to exercise those frustrations out. :) Also keeping my fingers crossed that you had a good day. Just read your post, your poor mom, it can be difficult having company for an extended period of time.:hug

Work went well, busy but good. Just finished cooking, dishes, cleaned bathrooms and washed two loads of laundry. Going to sit and relax.

hugs n squishes!

The problem isn't having the company :lol See my sil's family lives about a half hour from ours so they spend time at both places. But for the rest of us, we need to take off work and make arrangements to be around for anything more than a weekend. So we get the plans, make our arrangements, and then the plans change a hundred more times :eek For instance already, sunday we were chatting and she booked their flights to come on july 5th. So then monday I get a text message that they changed the flights and are coming on the 19th! That was within 24 hours. And my bro is flying back on the 29th which is friday. I told her previously that I took the week off work and would be driving back here on sunday, the 31st. The same flight that he's has for friday is the same price on sunday and now I either have to come back early or my dad has to take off work to bring him down here. They do this every single time though. My dad jokes that their plans are never a sure thing until they're on the plane and then it's still negotiable. It just gets frustrating that we can't wait until the last minute to make our plans, so have to do it in advance and then when everything keeps changing, we have to conform our schedules or we're the ones that don't get to see the kids :(:sigh Oh, and right now neither of them work so there's no set schedule on their end. My sister and I sent the kids southwest giftcards for the birthdays and xmas last year. So, on top of all it, we paid for their flights AND my sister's the one that paid for the excess on top of that. They need 5 tickets and can't afford even one themselves. So you'd think they'd be just a tad bit grateful. Nothing that they do or makes sense so much that my sister and I swear they're in some kind of a cult or something :eek Maybe it's us :think Oh well, I could keep going but I'll stop myself here and head up to get to bed.

Have a great night ladies and I'll catch ya in the AM :c9

I'm :grumpy this morning. Don't want to spread the black clouds to you, so I hope you have a great day.

Stacy, excellent grades, my dear friend! I am very impressed with you!

Marisa, family can be extremely frustrating (which is why I'm grumpy this morning.) I hope things go well for you this weekend, and Happy Birthday to your mom!

Joanne, I hope your late week is going well.

LeeAnn, can't wait to see what you're up to now. You always have the neatest projects. How is work?

Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Sarah, Elizabeth, Scooby, Shannonness, Vicki, hope you are all well.

Good morning

Marisa- Sounds like it'll be a little stressful till they come and then leave! Hopefully all will settle down, but it seems like they have this pattern of causing stress! That was kind of you and sis to buy the plane tix - you'd think with that they would work with all of your schedules especially since neither one of them is working---But on a happier note- how did the cake turn out? Enjoy dinner out tonight at the diner!!!

LeeAnn- I put the border on the baby RR I made for my co-worker and didn't yet start what I'm making for the swap- hoping to get to that tonight!!! Glad to hear your workday went well!!

Beth- Here's to a better less grumpy day!! I think we all have family who can turn us into grumps!!!

Off to get ready for another long day in Paradise---but at least it's hump day!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Happy hump day!!!! I slept great last night, just wish it was a bit longer :yes I worked on my sbt last night and only have one little round left :clap

Beth - I hope your day gets better :hug :hug :hug

Joanne - you never cease to make me smile :D The cake had the whole place smelling wonderfully and it came out great.....well, at least it looks great, I'll let you know later how it tastes :lol And, that's just a piece of the story :sigh

We're going out to dinner after work tonight, so not sure if I'll be on later or not :think If not, I'll be back in the AM

Hello, hello, hello.....Is anyone here? :think

Here's a pic of my next sbt tote. So this one along with the bright yellow one I finished last week are going to be sent to donate to a couple of kids, one for each a boy and a girl :D

post-36814-135897665632_thumb.jpg

Hello-------

Marisa- Love the tote!!!

Where is everyone? Stay cool if you are in this latest heatwave. Went outside to water the new bushes- gave them a good soaking and it's hot and sticky out there already- and this was 6AM!!!

Have a good one!

Marisa, awesome tote!!! I actually started working with that pattern, using a very chunky yarn. I didn't get very far up before I ran out of yarn, but when I folded over the sides, it made a most excellent cat bed. My boy cat loves it, but not so much in this heat.

Joanne, thanks for the warning about the heatwave. I know it's supposed to be horrendous tomorrow. I wanted to take my friend's kids to the zoo, but I may postpone it. Her son has Downe's Syndrome, and doesn't do so well in the heat. He thrives in the cold, though.

I don't do well in heat, either. I got the cat boxes changed out for the week, but that's probably all I'll get done. I really dislike this weather.

Marisa, awesome tote!!! I actually started working with that pattern, using a very chunky yarn. I didn't get very far up before I ran out of yarn, but when I folded over the sides, it made a most excellent cat bed. My boy cat loves it, but not so much in this heat.

Joanne, thanks for the warning about the heatwave. I know it's supposed to be horrendous tomorrow. I wanted to take my friend's kids to the zoo, but I may postpone it. Her son has Downe's Syndrome, and doesn't do so well in the heat. He thrives in the cold, though.

I don't do well in heat, either. I got the cat boxes changed out for the week, but that's probably all I'll get done. I really dislike this weather.

That's cute :yes I guess that cat has a new bed :lol

I also just finished up my market tote :clap

It doesn't really match very well, but it works :lol I didn't want to buy more cotton so just made do with what I had and I think I have enought to make another yet that will be more 'uniform' :think

post-36814-135897666024_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897666051_thumb.jpg

Hey besties!!

Marisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and SIL. I would also think that, since you and your sis purchased the tickets, they would be more accommodating with their times. :hug:hug:hug:hug Some people just don't get it. Like my BIL and SIL. LoL I think there's a set in every family. On a happier note- I'm glad the cake turned out well! I can smell it from here. :drool:lol Hope work goes smoothly today.

Joanne, sounds like you had a nice weekend with dd. It was so sweet of her to help you line the totes. How awesome that you have some Christmas gifts finished already!

Leeann, sounds like your work is going well. :clap:clap Awesomeness. Has ds started the counseling yet?

Beth, good luck on the work front. It is nice that you can work in exchange for Amanda's tuition, though. :yes

Whew, things have been busy around here! The first 3 days this week I went in at 6, they had told us we had today off, but decided later (after I had called dh to let him know) that they wanted us to work at a different store. Of course I couldn't because I had just cancelled childcare plans for Eva. I hope they don't count that against me, but when I applied, I did write that I can only work evenings and weekends. Guess I'll find out when I go in tomorrow. I do really like the job and *most* of the co-workers. :wink

Thank you all for the compliments on my grades. They are not all "officially" in, but I know I have A's in everything. I had an A going into my history final, and she told us on Monday that if we had one, we didn't even have to take the final (since she drops the lowest grade.) I took it anyway, and I know I got an A because the essay I had was the one I answered in class. :lol I am the most astonished at the astro one- was sure I'd get a B in it since the final was 50% of our grade, and I keep looking at the grades to be sure it is still there. :rofl

Today I need to run to the laundromat, and maybe stop at the store for a few things. We are going to look at some apartments tonight. The owner of the house called earlier in the week to ask if we'd be interested in moving a month early :eek and dh and Roomie think it's a fantastic idea. So I need to call and make sure she really wants us to, because we are prepared to leave a deposit if we see something we like tonight.

I better get going. Eva is trying to buy stuff with my iTunes account. Yikes. Love and hugs to all!

Hello there!

Sorry I have ben MIA yet again, still getting used to working full time and juggling chores, family and such.

Joanne-Sorry to hear that it has been soo hot in your neck of the woods, and so early in the day. :hug We have had temps in the upper 70's...perfect weather. WTG on the round ripple, can't wait to see a pic. This weekend is the Baby Shower right? I bet all of you are super excited!

Marisa-Great work on the market bag and totes! Sorry to hear about your bro and his family, we all have a few of those in our family. Mine happens to be my dad/step-dad, never know what he will do next. Dinner and cake sounds delicious! yummy!

Beth-do you feel better today? the cat bed sounds soo sweet! How many cats do you have? Did you go to the zoo?

Stacy-I hope I hope that you all find a wonderful appt/house, how exciting! Ds has not started his counseling, I am hoping next week. We are waiting for insurance stuff to be straightened out. WTG on your awesome grades! So happy for you!

Work has been extremely busy, we have had intense training. My partner and I have been running like chickens gathering all of the supplies needed for the teachers and organizing...whew! Seems like we do not have enough hours in the day. I love it, but am beat by the time I get home.

Trying to get laundry done, tomorrow is my birthday but the kiddos are going to the in-laws for the weekend, I just want to stay home and crochet...I hope I hope I hope!

best get a move on it! Hugs n extra squishes!

Stacy - :yay for doing so well in your classes :h5 Glad to hear you like your new job :yes Oh, and the cake WAS yummy :drool Don't worry though, I had a piece for you and you loved it!!! :lol

LeeAnn - No worries, get here to visit when you can and we'll be waiting :D I'll be more sparse as time goes on here :think Glad everything is coming together for you.

Well, it just started storming here and it's really coming down. :sigh Good thing I'm in for the night.

:bday:bday:birthdayDear LeeAnn,:bday:cake:party:jumpyay

Stacy, I hope you found the perfect apartment. Moving out a month early would be great, for the guy who isn't going to be doing the majority of the packing. Is it hard to find a place that will take the dogs?

Marisa, Mmmmmm, cake! I'm glad it turned out well. That was a very nice gesture for your coworker. So few people bake at home now.

Joanne, I hope you didn't melt. I tried to. I can't stand the parts of the house that don't have window units, and I'm not sure how my kids are dealing with the heat. My dd has a window unit, but it doesn't cool her room as well as the one in our room works. She hangs out in here with me a lot during the day.

This morning, my hubby rooted through a pile of papers, handed me a bill, and asked me if I did anything about it yet. OK, we have a file in the file cabinet where I keep all unpaid bills. How am I supposed to know he had it buried underneath birthday cards on the tv stand? Grrrrrrrrr. Men. At least he gave it to me before it was due.

Off to pay bills. have a great one!

Happy Birthday LeeAnn!!:bday:birthday:cake Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

My stepdaughter had her baby yesterday- a month early!!! Little William and she are doing fine- he was 5 lbs 11 oz!!! I got home from work late and the angels started bowling so didn't make it back on.

Stacy- Congrats on the A's- - and good luck with the apt hunting!!! Did you find anything last night? Glad that the job is going well!

Beth- What an ingenious idea- taking the SBT pattern with chunky yarn and turning it into a cat bed. Stay as cool as you can!

Marisa- Did the angels bowl long last night- they did here - at least until I was sleeping. Not sure when it ended. I did finish a SBT last night! Love yours and the Market bag- that came out really neat.

Well, running out of time yet again- so all I can say is TGIF!!!!! Stay cool!

Archived