Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Ladies. I had an awesome birthday. It was so neat -- we didn't have cupcake papers or enough powdered sugar to make the frosting, so my son who just got his license drove my dd to the store to buy them, and I sat at home and chilled. He liked being able to drive. She said he did fine. That evening, the kids went to get Chinese food, and he drove again. I was surprised the oldest allowed him to drive. My hubby and I went out to eat when we dropped the new driver off at his WSI class. Then we got a coffee grinder and a few other things. I am very happy. My hubby spoils me rotten. I have to be careful around him. My instinct is to make a list of suggestions for people to pick from, but he'll get me everything I say I want.

The exciting gift: I got a coffee grinder. It's all your fault, Joanne, and Stacy! I had the Joe's Dark once -- the first time I had coffee ground fresh -- and now I want it all the time.

Marisa, your mom's plastic bag holder is very cool. I need something like that. Did you have a pattern, or did you wing it?

Have a good hump day!

:bday:birthday:cake Beth (sorry I'm late to the party!!)

Sounds like the perfect gift!!! I ALWAYS drink coffee that I grind right before making it!! So I'm glad you've now got your own coffee grinder!!! Your DD sounds like my middle DD- she had no motivation to drive either- here in NJ when they were growing up- you could get your license at 17 (now it's 16- but only when driving with a licensed driver and no minors in the car or something like that) Anyway, the other 2 couldn't wait to get theirs- and middle DD didn't get it until she was 18. My oldest doesn't like driving- hence her move to Boston- where she doesn't have to since they have great mass transit!

Enjoy your hump day!

Great job on the bag holder Marisa! And Hines Won!!:clap--I didn't see it- I was watching Biggest Loser- but I did DVR it so I can watch the dances (and fast forward through all the commercials)

Stacy and LeeAnn- Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Here's the SBT I had finished. I did start the baby RR for my co-worker's daughter last night. It was really hard not to start another tote!:lol

post-27163-135897662018_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies :hi

Beth - Glad you had a great bday and the new driver is doing well :yay Gotta love fresh coffee :drool The pattern I used is by Crochet Dude and I've used it for one before for myself. However, I used stretchy yarn and have learned from experience and tweaked the pattern a bit this time because of that factor :lol

Joanne - :yay:clap:cheer:bounce:woo Go Hines, Go Hines, Go Hines......I had a feeling it was going to go down the way it did just because of factoring in the remaining contestants 'popularity' :lol Beautiful tote :manyheart And just in case you haven't picked up on it, I totally do not mind driving :lol

Nothing new to report since last night :whew Heading to boscov's tonight and then the diner :drool

Thanks, Marisa. I appreciate that!

Joanne, yet another gorgeous tote. It is so cool thar you are making them for Christmas presents for your team. Do you think you'll be done before Chrismtas? :lol I think you MIGHT make it.

I haven't picked up a crochet hook today. My algebra student cancelled on me, and my hubby came home sick. It's been a do-nothing kind of day.

Beth - Glad you had a great bday and the new driver is doing well :yay Gotta love fresh coffee :drool The pattern I used is by Crochet Dude and I've used it for one before for myself. However, I used stretchy yarn and have learned from experience and tweaked the pattern a bit this time because of that factor :lol

Joanne - :yay:clap:cheer:bounce:woo Go Hines, Go Hines, Go Hines......I had a feeling it was going to go down the way it did just because of factoring in the remaining contestants 'popularity' :lol Beautiful tote :manyheart And just in case you haven't picked up on it, I totally do not mind driving :lol

Nothing new to report since last night :whew Heading to boscov's tonight and then the diner :drool

Oh, I know you totally don't mind driving!! I don't either, actually- except in rush hour traffic:lol I actually like my drives to Boston!

Have fun at Boscov's and the diner!!!

Thanks, Marisa. I appreciate that!

Joanne, yet another gorgeous tote. It is so cool thar you are making them for Christmas presents for your team. Do you think you'll be done before Chrismtas? :lol I think you MIGHT make it. Yes, I do think I'll make it in time- they are so easy and fun to make- and now that I learned how to line them!!! I brought the one to work that I lined with the coffee beans since I decided to keep that for me- got lots of compliments on it- so I think they will like their gifts. I'll post a pic of the lining. Its not perfect- but it will do- especially for the first time ever doing it!!

I haven't picked up a crochet hook today. My algebra student cancelled on me, and my hubby came home sick. It's been a do-nothing kind of day.

Sorry to hear hubby is sick:hug

post-27163-135897662057_thumb.jpg

Good evening all!

Home from a busy and productive day at work. Yippee! I love it! so far we are getting the classrooms set up for the teachers-they will have two weeks of intense training, this will help them lots...and us too!

On a sad note, my dad was flown out to Colorado Springs last night, his blood pressure is extremely high, in the 200's! My mom flew with him, we have my little brother until they return...stress stress stress on that end.

Joanne-another tote? you are on the ball! Love the lining!

Marisa-I heard that Hines won, but have not been able to sit and watch..will get to it soon tho.:lol

Beth-you deserve to be spoiled! So glad that you had the most fantastic day!

going to sit and relax for a few. After work I had to stop for groceries, cooked dinner, dishes, cleaned bathrooms and washed two loads of laundry. I am exhausted. Hugs n squishes!

Good morning!

LeeAnn- Don't overdo it!!! Sounds like you had a really busy, busy, day. Prayers being said for your Dad. How old is your brother? is he close in age to your DS?

Idol was good last night- and although I didn't care who won since my favorites had been knocked out- I'm sure Marisa is happy that it was Scotty!!

Off to get ready for another day in Paradise.

Good morning, all,

My Honey came home early from work yesterday with food poisoning :( and he's ever so sick, poor dude. At least he's starting to feel better, and he's staying home with me all day.:c9

I go to the dermatologist for the 6 month checkup. Wish me luck. I'm going to ask to get somethings removed for purely cosmetic reasons, but I'm still worried about it. I'm not fond of pain.

Joanne, love the lining. I still think that it's very cool that you are making them for everyone. Who wouldn't want one? And they are all unique. Great gifts!

LeeAnn, I hope you don't work too hard. It's great that the school sets up the rooms for the teachers. I remember one year when I worked as an assistant -- we had to move rooms twice during the year. We didn't get much help. It was sad -- we painted the cubbies in the room in nice pre-school colors, and they gave the room to the music teacher.

Stacy, Marisa, Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Elizabeth, Sarah, Vicki, Shannon, and all our other friends, I hope you have a great day!

:hug :hug :hug :hug

Last night was our last boscov's trip :clap We love going, but by the end it gets old :lol But we got our 7 piece bakeware set for 5.99 or 6.99 :think for making the 3 days last week and we got our free mixing bowl set for making all 12 days over the past 4 weeks. I also got 2 more boxes of the hand sanitizer for 10 each (I forget if I mentioned them last week when I picked some up) They've been $20 the whole time until last week so I got 3 then and 2 yesterday. It's softsoap brand and has the dispenser with 9 refill boxes, which is an awesome deal for $10 because that stuff is expensive. So I grabbed the opportunity and have bought the first item for my new office :lol I also bought my sister a pocketbook for her bday which is monday. She loved mine with the monkey's on it that I got a few weeks ago that I shared a pic of. They were on sale so I got her one with elephants :D

Then we went to the diner and I brought home a pizza to bring to work for us for lunch today. Watched American Idol :clap:cheer:yay:bounce:woo Love, love, love that boy....if only I was half my age :manyheart:rofl

Was up early today and decided to go back to sleep for an extra hour, then got up and cleaned the turtles and now here I sit. I knew I wouldn't be able to do the turtles later because Mary's coming over to take her algebra test online. Well, she's very bad at math and has done ok wtih the past 2 courses she took and this whole course until now. She already took the test 2x and didn't do well so only has this 3rd chance left, so needs to pass. I told her to do it here and I'll help her with it, I've kind of been tutoring her the whole time since I love math. She just has a problem looking at the questions and breaking them down step by step, so gets overwhelmed. But once she's on track, she's good with it :think:shrug

Then tomorrow I'm going to my parents after work and so I can't leave the turtles sitting all icky until monday :no I only cleaned them a week and a half ago :eek I picked up this moss ball thingy that was supposed to help keep the tank clear, never seen it before so decided to give it a try. OK for a couple days, but guess what.....the turtles ATE it, so then it came out the other end and made a big ole mess and clogged the filter :rofl Now back to normal :yes

Well, I wrote alot more than anticipated so am going to cut and paste from here up for my next thread :lol I can be so lazy sometimes, but I still need to get my workout in before work so gotta keep it moving. Also have to get to the post office to put my sister's package out. Then wawa's next door so may as well stop to pick up an ice tea on the way to work :think

Beth - Sorry to hear dh is sick, but glad he's starting to feel better and you get to spend the day together (even if the reasoning is not great :lol ) Good luck at the dermatologist. You're welcome for the pattern link.

Joanne - You're right, I was sooooo excited last night :clap Now, I'm waiting to hear that they are both a couple :yes Awesome lining :h5

LeeAnn - Glad work went well and that you totally enjoyed it :hug Wait until you see how well Hines did, love him too :yes Hope your dad's high blood pressure gets under control and is doing better :hug Prayers headed his way :hug

:hi all!

Just a quick stop by to say I miss you all! Today turned out to be a crazy-busy day, instead of a nice, "stay at home and catch up on chores" type of day. I had a job fair this morning for a clothing store that is opening down the street. The interviews were about 20 minutes away, though, and I forgot my SS card so had to come home, get it, turn around and go right back. I should hear something by Tuesday. But by the time I was finished, I had missed 1/2 of my class, so I didn't bother going. :blush I have to pick up Eva in 10 minutes, then Mia has a dr. appointment for more ear pain, and Isabella has soccer practice tonight. :whew Tomorrow night we are driving to Riverside so Mia can have a sleep study. The ENT wants to see if she has sleep apnea before deciding to remove her tonsils/adenoids, or just to put tubes in.

I will stop by later to catch up. right now I have to pick up Eva! Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi all,

Will post more in the AM--got home around 8 - after staying after work to make a diaper cake for Dd's shower- a friend of mine helped me and I do think it came out cute I took a pic on my phone- but have to figure out how to post it. I think I'll wait to post it till after the shower.

Hope you all had a good day- and Stacy- hope your day is ending up better than it started!

See you in the AM

TGIF:clap

Marisa- Safe travels to your parents!!!

I'm looking forward to 3 days off!!! Can't wait to do nothing! (well not really nothing- but there is no work, so all is good) Figure on doing the weekly cleaning bright and early tomorrow- and then take it easy the rest of the weekend.

Enjoy the day!!:hug

Happy TGIF!!! My hubby went to work today, but expects to come home early, He is still sick, but since it's the Friday before a holiday, he needed to go in. I chickened out at the dermatologist, and didn't get any cosmetic mole removals. Oh well. Polka dots are cute, right? Any way, my exam was great -- nothing of concern.

Joanne, I hope you get that pic posted. It sounds cute.

Marisa, Did Mary do well on her test? Have a safe trip to your parents. I'll bet the turtles are glad to be all clean and shiny.

Stacy, how did the sleep study go? I am sending extra warm wishes your way, with exams coming up and a sick child... You need lots of hugs!

LeeAnn, I hope you aren't sore from setting up all those rooms. How is work going? Are you adjusting to it? Are the kids adjusting to it? How is your son doing?

I decided I have way too many WIPS going on, so I need to concentrate on finishing something. I bought more yarn at Michael's yesterday -- found 2 more skeins for the RR I'm making, and bought all they had of another color for (believe it or not) cat beds. I have to fight one of my cats for the RR when I get it out to work on it. I thought I'd make her a bed from the same type of yarn, so maybe she'll be content with that.

Good morning ladies and TGIF!!!!! :coffee

My coffee is just finishing up, I set the automatic timer for 6 pm :eek:oops So, it wasn't ready for me when i came down after hitting snooze a couple times this morning.

Not much new to report. Can't wait to be up to my parents. My neighbor is going to paint my toes for me when i get there :clap

Stacy - How did Mia's sleep study go? Sorry you missed class and good luck on the interview :xfin

Joanne - How cute!!! A diaper cake :lol I love it :manyheart

Beth - Poor dh :hug :hug :hug Hopefully the cat will want HER rr, but they can be funny and only want what they can't have :think:lol As for Mary, it was only a unit review that she failed 2x, which she had 3 chances to complete and needed to be done before she could move on to the test. We sat here from 8-11:15 and got both completed. I think it was about 58 questions total. She just doesn't believe in herself when it comes to math even though she kinda knows what to do, just has trouble seeing where to begin sometimes and if there are more than 1 letter gets confused because theres no final 'number' answer. There was one problem and she did it and had the right answer, but then thought it was too easy and second guessed herself so sat and stared at it. But, all in all she did every question and if she was going in the wrong direction, I kept her on path and she'd be fine. The ones she was really clueless on, I explained step by step with a similar problem, but still made her do the work. Even the ones she was able to just plug into the calculator, I made her work them out :devil:lol

Probably won't be back today at all, hopefully in the morning though :xfin

Hello and good morning and welcome to a 3 day weekend!!! (at least for some of us)

Hope you are all doing well. I am planning to get some N&H time in this weekend---what is N&H? Well, it's Nook and Hook time!!!

Time to get a few things done around here......

Have a splendid day!

Hmmmm, looks like everyone's weekend might have started yesterday :think Not much going on here. I'm at my parents, got in last night at about 9:30 and then went next door to get my toes painted :clap:yay

Going to do some errands with my mom and hope to get some hooking in :D

Have a great weekend everyone :hug

hi all! so far have had a busy weekend, picked up my kiddos tho...so happy!

going to relax for a bit. Will post to everyone tomorrow. My dad is home safe and sound. Thank goodess!

hugs n squishes!

Just a quick post. Waiting to hear back when I'll start new job (system for watching the job orientation is broke, waiting for a new one) It's fast food but at least it'll be an income. Had a busy week spending most of my days at the local Work Source as I need to show 30 hrs of job searching to keep my food stamps so I can help some with the groceries here at my friends. Then had to fill out more applications on-line when I got back so haven't done much other than sleep and job search/application stuff all week. Since I have to walk to the Work Source place that also tired me out too from the heat. Finished the last of my hours this evening so going to go relax and unwind. Will try to respond to everyone's posts tomorrow.

Just a quick post. Waiting to hear back when I'll start new job (system for watching the job orientation is broke, waiting for a new one) It's fast food but at least it'll be an income. Had a busy week spending most of my days at the local Work Source as I need to show 30 hrs of job searching to keep my food stamps so I can help some with the groceries here at my friends. Then had to fill out more applications on-line when I got back so haven't done much other than sleep and job search/application stuff all week. Since I have to walk to the Work Source place that also tired me out too from the heat. Finished the last of my hours this evening so going to go relax and unwind. Will try to respond to everyone's posts tomorrow.

Good luck :hug :hug :hug

Good luck, Sarah! :hug:hug:hug How is Keith these days?

Hi Leeann! So glad your dad is home, safe and sound. And I bet you are happy to have the kiddos back! It's always nice to have a break, but it sure is wonderful when they come home. :yes

Beth, I had a good chuckle when I read that you are picking one project to finish, yet bought more yarn. :lol Good luck with the cat beds. :yes

Joanne, hope you're having lots of H&N time! :hug:hug:hug We've stopped at the Bux 3 times in the past 2 days- I think my blood may be pure caffeine by now. :lol

Mia's sleep study went well- she only woke up once during the night, and she had a blast before and afterward, jumping around on the bed and running between our rooms. There was a sweet older woman having a CPAP test, and she told Mia that we were staying in a hotel. :manyheart So she thought that was really cool. The only part she didn't like was when the electrodes and belts were attached, I could tell she was mad but she took it like a champ and fell asleep as soon as the tech turned off the light. :D The owner of the imaging center came in at 6 this morning, and, while he was sure to say he couldn't give medical opinions, he said we definitely need to get in touch with an ENT. We already have one of course, he is the one who referred her for the study. So it looks like we have surgery in our future. :( I'm hoping they will hold off until July, there are a bunch of end-of-year activities at their school, as well as the cruise, etc, that June is just too hectic. But I guess it all depends on the severity of the sleep apnea. :blush I hope it's not too bad.

FIL called this afternoon to say he has Dodger tickets, so he and dh took the older two, Eva is staying with MIL and they will all go back with FIL until Monday. I have a paper to finish tonight, due tomorrow, and 2 finals next week to study for, so I will be plenty busy.

Okie dokie- I am off to take a quick cat-nap, then hopefully be refreshed enough to finish up this paper! Lots of love and hugs to all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hello Ladies

It seams sooo long since I have been here. I have been crocheting every chance I get. I did get alot of things made... I never did get back to finish the last 4 sweaters. Life kinda got in the way.

I think about everyone and I see your post on facebook.

Talk to you Later

:hug:manyheart

Joanne, hope you're having lots of H&N time! :hug:hug:hug We've stopped at the Bux 3 times in the past 2 days- I think my blood may be pure caffeine by now. :lol My blood is definitely full of caffeine!! I had 2 Starbucks yesterday- one in the Am and one in the PM- plus what I made at home:lol

Mia's sleep study went well- she only woke up once during the night, and she had a blast before and afterward, jumping around on the bed and running between our rooms. There was a sweet older woman having a CPAP test, and she told Mia that we were staying in a hotel. :manyheart So she thought that was really cool. The only part she didn't like was when the electrodes and belts were attached, I could tell she was mad but she took it like a champ and fell asleep as soon as the tech turned off the light. :D The owner of the imaging center came in at 6 this morning, and, while he was sure to say he couldn't give medical opinions, he said we definitely need to get in touch with an ENT. We already have one of course, he is the one who referred her for the study. So it looks like we have surgery in our future. :( I'm hoping they will hold off until July, there are a bunch of end-of-year activities at their school, as well as the cruise, etc, that June is just too hectic. But I guess it all depends on the severity of the sleep apnea. :blush I hope it's not too bad. Sounds like she was a real champ through the study- and hopefully you won't have to do anything until July! I'm glad that at least they are figuring out what needs to be done!

FIL called this afternoon to say he has Dodger tickets, so he and dh took the older two, Eva is staying with MIL and they will all go back with FIL until Monday. I have a paper to finish tonight, due tomorrow, and 2 finals next week to study for, so I will be plenty busy.

Okie dokie- I am off to take a quick cat-nap, then hopefully be refreshed enough to finish up this paper! Lots of love and hugs to all!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I hope that you were able to get some work done on your end of semester paper- and I'm sure you'll ace your finals!!! You really are doing so great with school!!!! I read that there was a small fire at Dodger Stadium last evening- but that it was contained and put out quickly! Whew!!! Have a great Sunday----oh, and when are you moving? Did you find a place yet?

Hello Ladies

It seams sooo long since I have been here. I have been crocheting every chance I get. I did get alot of things made... I never did get back to finish the last 4 sweaters. Life kinda got in the way.

I think about everyone and I see your post on facebook.

Talk to you Later

:hug:manyheart

Hi Miss Mary!!! Good to see your RED post!!! Your craft show must be coming up shortly!! Good luck with it!!! And I still think that you got tons of sweaters done and to be 4 short---no biggie!!!! Hope life is going well and I see you on FB too!!!!

LeeAnn- Glad that FIL is home and that things are settling down a bit. What's on your agenda for today? I have nothing planned other than a little reading/crocheting/ ....I got all the laundry done yesterday, plus the cleaning is all done- I keep thinking I'd like to re-arrange the family room and maybe get some kind of craft table to put down there...I can't use the guest bedroom since there is no room and I want to keep the double bed in there for guests. In the other bedroom which is an "office" there is a beautiful rolltop desk and my Dad's barrister bookcase- and really no room for crafting. We'll see how ambitious I am (or not):lol

Marisa- Hope you are continuing to have a great relaxing weekend with your parents. How was the movie last evening. Love that you can see a flick for 4.00!! And I LOVE old time movie theatres with one screen only!!

Beth- How is your weekend going? Is DH feeling better???

Off to get breakfast and start the day!!! Make it a good one everybody!!:hug

Just a quick stop to say good morning :hi We did go to the movies and it was really cute and funny :lol

Last night I finished the 2nd sleeve of my knit sweater and now cannot move forward because I didn't bring the other pieces home with me. But that's fine, I brought yarn home to make another tote to donate out which needs to get done since other things kept jumping in front of it :think:sigh

Have a wonderful day

Archived