Some good clean fun?!

Good Morning friends!

I feel so out of touch, I really do not like it when I skip a few days here on the Ville-I missed all of you!

Joanne-creating a craft table is an awesome idea! I bet you will figure it out and get it done quickly. How is your dd feeling? Do you have any upcoming shows on the t.v. that you will be watching now that a few programs have ended? :hugI have two baskets of yarn in the t.v./den, I think they look a little tacky, going to try to figure something else out.

Stacy-oh my! So glad that you were able to get the sleep apnia test in, and will hopefully hear the results and be able to get it all taken care of in July. Good luck on your finals! you will do wonderful!:hug

Sarah-sounds like you have been super busy too! Walking to and from the workforce center must be exhausting, hoping things will work out for you.:hug

Marisa-so happy that you are having an amazing time at your parents house! Crafting is always fun too! What color is your new tote?

Beth-is your dh feeling better? More yarn?? Oh happy dance! What project have you been working on?:hug how are your kiddos? Work is going super well, I am scared that it is the calm before the storm but we will see what happens. Setting up the classrooms is challenging but fun, I only hope that the teachers will not feel like we have stepped on their toes.

This last week was super busy, we had my little brother over until Friday evening. Friday was also dh's Birthday, we went out to lunch, window shopping, book shopping and I made his favorite-jello cake. Super yummy!

We met my sis and her family in Pueblo yesterday, had lunch at Olive Garden...mmmm...delicious! I think I need to start walking again, too much yummy food. :devil We stopped at Joanne's, I bought fabric and a pattern to make a tote bag....I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can sew...my dd is wanting a tote for her crafty goodies, she also wants to use her yo yo's as decoration. I would also like to make a tote for work for myself, I think I am over eager,...will let you all know how that goes.

Still plugging away on the Light & Lacy ghan, dh has already claimed it. I love that pattern!

Ds is doing well, I will be taking him in this Wed. for his counseling consultation, he is eager to go. :manyheart

I do not have to work this week, seems like the schedule is quite sparadic, but I do not mind, want to sew and clean out my closet as well as the kiddos drawers/closets. They have outgrown more of their clothing! woa! Ds is almost 6ft tall and will only be 14 in July!

Oh! and I have another soap order, it is small, but I am super excited! need to update my site again, as I have a few more goodies to add.

best get my tush in gear, I wanted to have a day of :hook but think I had better start laundry.

hugs n extra squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeeAnn- You sure have been busy!! Good luck cleaning out the closets and all this week! That's quite a job!! I have about 5 baskets of yarn in my family room!! Decided not to tackle the project today- it's too hot- and the AC is on the fritz- the guy is coming on Tuesday to look at it. But I have it planned out in my head- putting a table under the window and I want to get a shelving unit that will fit on the wall next to the tv with bins- this way I can put the yarn in the bins- and they won't be in baskets all over the place. It will get done when the time is right- and when I find a table that I like.

I've been working on another SBT- I was working on another tote- but I needed to concentrate and DH was not cooperating with that- so figured mindless SBT and then I can listen to DH at the same time- win-win!!!

Good idea Joanne, working in the heat is hard work-worked on one of the baskets of yarn today, rolled all of the left over yarn into balls, put them away in one of my carts that has three drawers, even cleaned that out too..now off to get the second basket done.

hugs n squishes!

Good morning,

Sorry I haven't been communicating much. It's kind of hard, with dh home, to find time to get on the computer without some type of interruption.

Joanne, I love the idea of a craft table and shelves with bins to hold yarn. I have a lot of my yarn in my china cabinet, but it's also housing my dd's scuptures and a lot of finished crocheted projects, so there isn't enough room for the yarn. Good luck getting that set up. I hope you find the table of your dreams.

LeeAnn, you have been so busy. I'm glad your son is going to counselling, and he's excited about it. Good luck cleaning closets. And I'm sure you can sew a tote. Decorating it with yoyos sounds cool.

Stacy, it sounds like the sleep test found something important. You will keep us posted after the doctor visit. Hugs to you and your little one.

Mary, so nice to hear from you. I think having 4 less sweaters than you originally planned will not ruin your craft fair season in the least!

Marisa, congrats on finishing knitting the sweater. I am looking forward to seeing pictures when you get home and get the pieces assembled.

Sarah, :xfin for the job. I wish you the best of luck.

Today should be a lot of fun. My dd and I are caring for the kitties, then I'm taking my twins shopping for swim suits. I'm tutoring, and we're all going swimming.

Good morning!

Woke to the angels bowling this morning- very dark and gray out there- and raining! I don't think it's supposed to last all day- I hope not since today DD and SIL are having a bar-b-que. So fingers crossed that the weather clears this afternoon.

Beth- your day sounds like fun- especially the going swimming part!! WE still haven't opened our pool. We are debating and may just wait until the week we are on vacation at the end of June. We'll see- it all depends on how the weather pans out on the weekends.

LeeAnn, Marisa, Mary and Stacy- Hope you have a nice Monday! (and this is one Monday that I am happy to say I'm not going to Paradise)

LeeAnn- Glad you are joining the tote/purse swap!! She posted that she didn't get your survey- hope you re-send it!!!

Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure!:lol

Latest SBT in Bernat Teal Heather and Luxury Ombre and the diaper cake for the baby shower.

post-27163-1358976632_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897663203_thumb.jpg

Hello hello!

Joanne-the diaper cake is just soo awesome! how neat is that? I love it! I have never seen one before, what a fantastic idea! And the tote! oohhh laaa laaa! you are on a roll! I resent my email pref. for the tote swap, I think I had missed an underscore...silly me! I recvd and email that she had recvd it, so excited! I have never swapped here on the Ville, can't wait!

Beth-it is hard for me to get on the computer when the family is all home too. But so glad that you are getting time in with dh. Swimming does sound like lots of fun!

We did it! Cleaned out the kiddos closets and drawers, took almost all day, but 5 large trash bags later-we are done. Most of it will go to good will and a bag to my friend Rose as her dd is the same age as mine but teeny tiny. Also re-arranged the linen closet, dh did the pantry-we are all burnt out, but glad that it is done. Tomorrow I have my closet, going to switch out clothes, I am planning on purging quite a bit, if I didn't wear it this winter, it's out! That's what I say now,...but then I think to myself, "I will wear it...I know I will":devil

off to grocery shop, it's late but since the kiddos do not have school all is well.

hugs n squishes!

Hello hello!

Joanne-the diaper cake is just soo awesome! how neat is that? I love it! I have never seen one before, what a fantastic idea! And the tote! oohhh laaa laaa! you are on a roll! I resent my email pref. for the tote swap, I think I had missed an underscore...silly me! I recvd and email that she had recvd it, so excited! I have never swapped here on the Ville, can't wait!

Beth-it is hard for me to get on the computer when the family is all home too. But so glad that you are getting time in with dh. Swimming does sound like lots of fun!

We did it! Cleaned out the kiddos closets and drawers, took almost all day, but 5 large trash bags later-we are done. Most of it will go to good will and a bag to my friend Rose as her dd is the same age as mine but teeny tiny. Also re-arranged the linen closet, dh did the pantry-we are all burnt out, but glad that it is done. Tomorrow I have my closet, going to switch out clothes, I am planning on purging quite a bit, if I didn't wear it this winter, it's out! That's what I say now,...but then I think to myself, "I will wear it...I know I will":devil

off to grocery shop, it's late but since the kiddos do not have school all is well.

hugs n squishes!

Go for it when you purge your closet!!! I did that last fall when I switched out summer clothes for winter- If I didn't wear it out it went to Goodwill!!! Did the same thing with this years winter clothes- if I didn't wear it (or it was too big) out it went. Still have some clothes in the attic, and all I'm going to do with it is bag it up and donate it!! It feels so good to have less!!! Now I'm wearing things I really like - and not cluttering up space with stuff I don't!

Glad you sent in the survey and she got it! Can't wait to do my first swap!!

Had a great time at DD and SIL's BBQ today- they have Ryan's room all set up- and it looks sooooo cute. :manyheart Of course it will be even cuter, when he is in it!!!:yes DD looks great and is feeling good!!! Looking forward to the baby-que shower in 2 wks- I haven't seen my brothers and SIL's in months!!! It will be so much fun!!!

Off to finish up another SBT!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend---:hug

Hi all!

Joanne, your tote is awesome! I love the colors. And the diaper cake is so cute! I think diaper cakes are such a fun idea. :yes

Leeann, you are on a roll! Isn't it nice to purge? I can't wait until school is done- I will have all day to purge and get everything sorted for the move. I'm actually looking forward to it. :think:lol Good luck to your ds with the counseling. I hope it works for him. :manyheart And how fun that you joined the tote swap. :yay Ville swaps are so fun- I am waiting for the scrap one in August.

So, my kiddos were supposed to stay at the IL's until tonight, so dh and I can study for finals. But last night we got a call that Eva had a temp, and when MIL told the girls that we were coming to pick up Eva, they all wanted to come home! :eek Odd...but they ended up bringing all 3 home. Eva woke up with morning with a fever, very congested, and runny nose. Poor thing...I ran out for coffee and when I came home, she was lying on the couch with her pillow and blanket, watching Dora on the tv. That never happens. Dh said maybe he can take her to work with him tomorrow because I have a final. :xfin that he can- I have no idea what else I will do if she is this sick tomorrow.

Well, I need to scoot and get back to studying. Just wanted to check in and see what you all are up to. Love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug

Oh, Stacy- I hope Eva will be ok- and if not that DH can take her with him so you don't miss your final!! Good luck with the rest of your studying!!! Kudos to you- it is not easy being a mom AND a student!!!!

The diaper cake was lots of fun- I had never done one before and they are really easy- the hardest part is just rolling up all the diapers!!!

What is the scrap swap?

Off for the night!

Beth - hope you all had fun swimming today =0)

Joanne - If you don't want it we desperately need rain here =0) your tote and diaper cake are cute. Glad you had fun at the BBQ.

Mary - nice to see you on here. Totally understand about life getting in the way.

LeeAnn - yay for cleaning out closets. Good luck on doing your own.

Stacy - Hope Eva feels better soon. good luck on your final.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mostly just read and finished the 2nd Seashell embroidery project (will post pics another day when I find my USB cable)

Hey ladies :hi

I'm back in Philly. Unloaded and put all my food away (I always make out at home :lol ) Stopped at my favorite produce stand on my way back, so excited they're open with fruits and veggies now :yay Also got new parsley and oregano plants since mine weren't holding up well. My parsley sprouted from last year and when I cleaned out the planter and repotted it, it just didn't make it :(

Beth - After I assemble the sweater pieces I already have, I have to do a hood and 3 inch ribbing around the outside edges and the pockets :eek So it'll be a bit yet :think At least I'll be able to use it in the fall :lol

Joanne - great tote and diaper cake :clap

Stacy - I hope Eva's doing better tomorrow

LeeAnn - How's the cleaning going?

Sarah - :yay for finishing your embroidery project

Good morning. We didn't go swimming yesterday - there were technical difficulties earlier, and they couldn't get the health inspector to approve it in time, so the pool wasn't open. We did go shopping though - twice. The first time, I found a long-sleeved rash guard with UV protection, so I can swim with my arms covered, and the twins found swim suits. The second time, I found a suit (love JCP for swimwear) and my dd found a pair of swim shorts. She swims very modestly, which I love. My dh bought some dress pants, but refused to try them on. He got the wrong size, too. Which he would have noticed, if he tried them on in the store, like I suggested. :thair MEN!!! Any way, they are my younger son's size and he needed some new pants.

Joanne, I love the diaper cake, but it doesn't sound very tasty. Lots of fiber, though. The bag is beautiful -- great colors. It may be my favorite so far of all you've made. How exciting to see Ryan's room. It will really come to life when he's in there. I love the sounds of a Baby-que for the shower.

LeeAnn, very cool that you are purging things. The last time I did that, I felt like I got a bunch of new clothes that I really like, since I unburied them from behind all the clothes I don't like that much. (So how do the unpopular ones end up in front any way?) You are getting so much done! I'm proud of you!

Stacy, I hope your baby girl feels better soon. Good luck with your final. I'm sure you'll do great.

Marisa, I'm sure there are a lot of steps to making a sweater. I think you are progressing remarkably fast, considering that you are working full-time, and researching and preparing to start your own business, and move across the state. I am excited about the sweater, though, since it's awe-inspiring to me that you can knit a garment. I can knit a scarf, sort of, but still will need help when I'm done and want to get it off the needles.

Sarah, sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I am sure you needed it. Down time can be very important.

I need to get my coffee started, and sit down with the sweater I'm crocheting for my daughter. Today should be a relaxing day, not much going on, until I take my son to his class at 6 this evening, and spend a couple hours hanging out at TJ's, Bux, and maybe Michaels.

Good morning!

Back to paradise this morning for me. Sure wish this weekend did not have to end! I finished yet another Stash Buster Tote last night- in the leftover yarn from the first baby blanket I made for Ryan. Just need to weave in the ends tonight after work. I think the next one I make will be for my oldest DD - inRed Sox colorsI got the cutest lining- baseballs so it should be perfect

Have fun shopping this evening Beth! And I am really liking JCP myself- got quite a few pairs of pants and some shirts from there. I'll have to check out their bathing suits since I really could use a new one.

Sarah- WTG on finishing up the embroidery project. And good luck this week with the job.

Marisa- Back to Paradise for you too--but we have a short week!!!:yay

Stacy:cheer Good luck on your final exam:cheer

LeeAnn- Hope you have fun purging your closet!! It really can be fun- as long as you part with some things!!!;)

Off to get ready----have a wonderful day!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I worked on my market tote last night :clap Then I read a couple chapters before bed.

Beth - Sorry no swimming yesterday :hug Have fun with your hook and yarn today. Can't wait to hear about your shopping excursion while ds is in class :devil

Joanne - :yay for a short week. Then I work 2 full weeks and get another short week :clap

top of the morning ladies!

Here is sit drinking my coffee and preparting myself for the '"Great Purge":lol thank you all for the motivation!

Beth-nice for your son to get a new set of pants. :devil I do not like trying on clothes either but make myself since it can be such a hassle to return items. Yippee for shopping! A new swimsuit for the summer is a fantastic idea! My dd is pretty modest too, I love it! The sweater that you are making for your dd sounds wonderful. Is it lightweight?

Joanne-have a fun filled day in Paradise! The baseball fabric for the tote sounds just adorable! I am hoping to attempt sewing this afternoon or tomorrow. How many totes have you made? 10?

Marisa-yippy skippy for the short week! I bet you will be finished with the sweater soon, how exciting! I was thinking of you while unpacking groceries last night, and thought, "lucky Marisa" I wish my mom cooked, but she's not into it...:blush will you be joining the tote swap?

Stacy-good luck on your finals! hope your dd is feeling better!

Sarah-will you be working this week?

off to my drawers,,,then the closet, if I am not back by this evening, send the troops in!

hugs n squishes!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

:hug:hug:manyheart:hug Hello Besties!!!! I see that a few of you are still here along with some new :) faces. It has been soooooooooooo long since I have been here so I will try to catch up with you the best I can.

I am still working, unfortunately at the same job, but at least I have one. :sigh I am looking for another one but just have found the right one yet.

The new BF and I are still together (will be a year July 17th). Wow it doesn't seem that long, but things are going good between us :c9.

I have had some serious issues in the last year with the hypothyroidism. The first incident happened last May. I was at work and had severe dizziness, lost focus and ended up at the hospital only to be told that my thyroid levels were to high. The last incident happened in March this year. I was on my way to work and passed out :scared. Thank goodness I didn't wreck my truck and was able to make it (barely) to the side of the road before I passed out. When I came to, my truck was just gently rolling down the shoulder of the road. I don't know how long I was out, just thankful I was ok and no accident. Once again my thyroid levels were extremely high. I am on medication and seeing a dr but they just can't get it controlled :(.

I went through a period of financial hardship with the extra expenses of medical bills. I ended up doing away with my internet/cable and other extras till I got back on the upward swing of things. At the time I only got on the internet when I was at DBF's house and didn't spend much time on it then.

Youngest DS started having issues at school, so we ended up pulling him out last October/November. At first we thought it was just him being deviant, but after working with the GED instructors we discovered his problem was the fact he wasn't being challenged enough. He was a junior working on a college freshmen level. He tried talking with the school counselors/teachers but they all just blew him off. I even tried talking with the school counselors and it went in one ear and out the other :shrug He was still taking classes the he had already taken in TN and wasn't getting credit for them here. Which means that he may not have graduated with his class because he would have been credits short. I think DS was just frustrated and thought he was wasting his time. But now he is doing great!! He completes his GED tomorrow :cheer. He works part time for his GF's grandparents at their business. Life seems to be looking up for him now.

Yes I am still :crocheting when time permits. As usual, I still have more WIPs/UFOs than I have FOs. :lol That hasn't changed. I spend a lot of my :compute time on FB playing all those little games like Farmville and Frontierville. :D I am addicted. Stacey is one of my neighbors:clap. She and I exchange gifts quite regularly :P.

DBF and I adopted a new fur baby. His name is Murphy. His original name was Kolby, but I just didn't care for that name for a dog. He belonged to the GF of one of DS's BFFs. She was not able to keep him at her house and kept moving him from home to home. She asked DS if I would take him. After debating and discussing it I said :no. Then one night DS called and said mom you should see this poor dog. He has been staying with BFFs sister for the last week and he is "super skinny" (DS choice of words). So DBF and I talked about it and told the sister to bring him to us. :eek This dog is a pit bull/mastiff mix was 6 mos old and only weighed 30 lbs. So I took him to the vet the next day because he wouldn't eat/had no energy. He was severely malnourished but thank goodness all the other blood work checked out fine. He is now 10 mos old, big as a horse and very healthy. He still has a few issues but doing very well. We have to keep him kenneled when no one is home as he will destroy the whole house. We found that out a couple of times.

I think that pretty much sums up what has been going on here the last year. I have missed visiting with you all and hope that you are all doing GREAT!!!! I am on ravelry (same user name) and visit there regularly. I am :think about starting a group there (they even have chat rooms for the groups). It just feels strange to me coming back here after being gone so long. I feel lost and out of place :lol. But I was thinking about you all and wanted to stop in and say :hiand that I miss you!!! Sending out lots of :manyheart and :2hug to each and every one of you.

Welcome back Scoobydoo.

I haven't heard anything yet back on the job. If I haven't by tomorrow I'll call and see what's going on. So for the fun of it I decided to sign up for Walgreens walk to get fit program to see how much I'm walking... Total for today 4.1 miles... From where I'm staying to Work Source one way is 1.6 miles alone.

Welcome back Scooby!! Sounds like quite the year you have had and I'm so glad you decided to stop by and say howdy!!!! Beth, Stacy and I are the only ones who regularly post here from the olden days-:lol:lol

Mary pops in and it's always great to see her red posts

LeaAnne has been working- and between that and her 4 chickens--well I just don't think she has time to post here- have seen her on FB though and keep in touch there!

Haven't heard from Colleen or Shannon in a while- but they are on FB too- what would we do without FB?? LOL

LeeAnn and Marisa are new to you friends- they are both great people!!!

I've been busy working and now refer to my job as Paradise just to make it sound like I'm going somewhere I want to go to everyday (even though I don't- kind of like reverse psychology) I've been on a tote making kick---Sue aka Turtlelvr has a pattern on Ravelry- called Stash Buster tote and I absolutely love making them. I've made 11-- and I'll be posting a pic of it shortly.

This one is going to be the 'giftbag" for one of the baby blankets I made for my grandson-to-be, Ryan- due in the beginning of August!! I'm very excited for my DD and SIL!!! I'm excited to be a grammie!!!

LeeAnn- how did the purging of the closet go today? Do you have a nice sized donation for Goodwill?

Marisa- Hope your day went by quickly!!! Tomorrow is Hump Day already:clap

Beth- You are probably shopping right now- or at the Bux crocheting and hopefully having fun!!

Stacy- How is Eva feeling? Were you able to take your final?

Sarah- What a great idea to see how much you are walking!! You'll be comfortably fitting in those jeans in no time. Good luck with hearing about the job!

Well, it's hot as hades in here- the AC decided to go kaput- the coil was frozen so the guy put the fan on - and couldn't do anything with it until it thaws. But it looks like we are probably going to have to replace it. I'll be working for the rest of my life it appears!! One step forward, a few more backwards. Oh, well, such is life- no use dwelling on it. At least it is getting cooler now that the sun is setting- and my "crochet" chair is right next to the sliding glass door so with the door open and the fan on, I'm comfortable now. But cooking upstairs in the kitchen? Not happening!! And I didn't take anything out so that I could grill it, so I'm just going to have a tuna sandwich and salad! Which, I should go make now, since I'm starving.

The ends of the SBT aren't weaved in yet, but here's a pic of the bag with the blanket that I'm going to put in it!

post-27163-135897663518_thumb.jpg

top of the morning ladies!

Here is sit drinking my coffee and preparting myself for the '"Great Purge":lol thank you all for the motivation!

Marisa-yippy skippy for the short week! I bet you will be finished with the sweater soon, how exciting! I was thinking of you while unpacking groceries last night, and thought, "lucky Marisa" I wish my mom cooked, but she's not into it...:blush will you be joining the tote swap?

off to my drawers,,,then the closet, if I am not back by this evening, send the troops in!

hugs n squishes!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I have not yet joined the tote swap and am thinking I'm going to pass on it. I'm just afraid to commit with having so much going on right now. I'm just making 2 now that I promised about 3 weeks or so ago :blush My mom is a total cooking machine :lol If you lived close by, she'd feed you too....and the family :rofl:yes

:hug:hug:manyheart:hug Hello Besties!!!! I see that a few of you are still here along with some new :) faces. It has been soooooooooooo long since I have been here so I will try to catch up with you the best I can.

I am still working, unfortunately at the same job, but at least I have one. :sigh I am looking for another one but just have found the right one yet.

The new BF and I are still together (will be a year July 17th). Wow it doesn't seem that long, but things are going good between us :c9.

I have had some serious issues in the last year with the hypothyroidism. The first incident happened last May. I was at work and had severe dizziness, lost focus and ended up at the hospital only to be told that my thyroid levels were to high. The last incident happened in March this year. I was on my way to work and passed out :scared. Thank goodness I didn't wreck my truck and was able to make it (barely) to the side of the road before I passed out. When I came to, my truck was just gently rolling down the shoulder of the road. I don't know how long I was out, just thankful I was ok and no accident. Once again my thyroid levels were extremely high. I am on medication and seeing a dr but they just can't get it controlled :(.

I went through a period of financial hardship with the extra expenses of medical bills. I ended up doing away with my internet/cable and other extras till I got back on the upward swing of things. At the time I only got on the internet when I was at DBF's house and didn't spend much time on it then.

Youngest DS started having issues at school, so we ended up pulling him out last October/November. At first we thought it was just him being deviant, but after working with the GED instructors we discovered his problem was the fact he wasn't being challenged enough. He was a junior working on a college freshmen level. He tried talking with the school counselors/teachers but they all just blew him off. I even tried talking with the school counselors and it went in one ear and out the other :shrug He was still taking classes the he had already taken in TN and wasn't getting credit for them here. Which means that he may not have graduated with his class because he would have been credits short. I think DS was just frustrated and thought he was wasting his time. But now he is doing great!! He completes his GED tomorrow :cheer. He works part time for his GF's grandparents at their business. Life seems to be looking up for him now.

Yes I am still :crocheting when time permits. As usual, I still have more WIPs/UFOs than I have FOs. :lol That hasn't changed. I spend a lot of my :compute time on FB playing all those little games like Farmville and Frontierville. :D I am addicted. Stacey is one of my neighbors:clap. She and I exchange gifts quite regularly :P.

DBF and I adopted a new fur baby. His name is Murphy. His original name was Kolby, but I just didn't care for that name for a dog. He belonged to the GF of one of DS's BFFs. She was not able to keep him at her house and kept moving him from home to home. She asked DS if I would take him. After debating and discussing it I said :no. Then one night DS called and said mom you should see this poor dog. He has been staying with BFFs sister for the last week and he is "super skinny" (DS choice of words). So DBF and I talked about it and told the sister to bring him to us. :eek This dog is a pit bull/mastiff mix was 6 mos old and only weighed 30 lbs. So I took him to the vet the next day because he wouldn't eat/had no energy. He was severely malnourished but thank goodness all the other blood work checked out fine. He is now 10 mos old, big as a horse and very healthy. He still has a few issues but doing very well. We have to keep him kenneled when no one is home as he will destroy the whole house. We found that out a couple of times.

I think that pretty much sums up what has been going on here the last year. I have missed visiting with you all and hope that you are all doing GREAT!!!! I am on ravelry (same user name) and visit there regularly. I am :think about starting a group there (they even have chat rooms for the groups). It just feels strange to me coming back here after being gone so long. I feel lost and out of place :lol. But I was thinking about you all and wanted to stop in and say :hiand that I miss you!!! Sending out lots of :manyheart and :2hug to each and every one of you.

Welcome back Scoobydoo.

I haven't heard anything yet back on the job. If I haven't by tomorrow I'll call and see what's going on. So for the fun of it I decided to sign up for Walgreens walk to get fit program to see how much I'm walking... Total for today 4.1 miles... From where I'm staying to Work Source one way is 1.6 miles alone.

I can't say that I remember you. I'm a chiropractor currently in Philly and am moving to Pittsburgh at the end of August to open my own practice. My sister lives there now and my parents will move there after my dad retires, which isn't for a few years yet. He just turned 59.

You've really been going through it :hug :hug :hug It sounds like things are at least starting to look up and glad to hear that ds is back on track too. Glad you were able to take in Murphy, I'm not an animal lover, but also don't like to see them not taken care of either.

This one is going to be the 'giftbag" for one of the baby blankets I made for my grandson-to-be, Ryan- due in the beginning of August!! I'm very excited for my DD and SIL!!! I'm excited to be a grammie!!!

Marisa- Hope your day went by quickly!!! Tomorrow is Hump Day already:clap

Well, it's hot as hades in here- the AC decided to go kaput- the coil was frozen so the guy put the fan on - and couldn't do anything with it until it thaws. But it looks like we are probably going to have to replace it. I'll be working for the rest of my life it appears!! One step forward, a few more backwards. Oh, well, such is life- no use dwelling on it. At least it is getting cooler now that the sun is setting- and my "crochet" chair is right next to the sliding glass door so with the door open and the fan on, I'm comfortable now. But cooking upstairs in the kitchen? Not happening!! And I didn't take anything out so that I could grill it, so I'm just going to have a tuna sandwich and salad! Which, I should go make now, since I'm starving.

The ends of the SBT aren't weaved in yet, but here's a pic of the bag with the blanket that I'm going to put in it!

Love the sbt to match the baby ghan :manyheart Good idea having a sandwich for supper with that AC being out :hug Hopefully, it gets fixed quickly :xfin and :yay for an early hump day

Good evening all!

Scooby-welcome back! I joined the group last year and read a few of your posts. Glad that things are looking up for you. :hug

Marisa-I'll be right over!:lol I actually do not mind cooking but since I am the main cook for all holidays and dinners, it gets tiring. I am super excited about the tote swap, found a new pattern too.

Joanne-oh my! I just adore all of your totes! you are doing an amazing job! Is Paradise getting easier with the transition? Hope the ac can be fixed soon. Still too cold here, but not cold enough to turn on the heat...perfect! makes crafting fun, especially with yarn.

Sarah-you sure are walking alot, bet you will fit into those jeans in no time flat. How is your ds?

Stacy-hope you had a great day!

I purged, yup! 3 bags full! So proud of myself, I did an original purge then made myself go back thru the closet a second time. It felt great! I fit all of my winter clothes in one tote-it is mainly sweaters. I can't believe how much clothing that I was holding on to that didn't fit.

Also made the tote..what a chore! I am not a novice to sewing but haven't sewn in quite a while. Here's a pic, still need to put a zipper in but have to buy it first.:lol Had enough fabric for a second tote, pieced, will get it sewn tomorrow. And finished all the laundry. Going to sit and relax for the rest of the evening.

Have a great night friends!

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897663524_thumb.jpg

Good evening all!

Scooby-welcome back! I joined the group last year and read a few of your posts. Glad that things are looking up for you. :hug

Marisa-I'll be right over!:lol I actually do not mind cooking but since I am the main cook for all holidays and dinners, it gets tiring. I am super excited about the tote swap, found a new pattern too.

Joanne-oh my! I just adore all of your totes! you are doing an amazing job! Is Paradise getting easier with the transition? Hope the ac can be fixed soon. Still too cold here, but not cold enough to turn on the heat...perfect! makes crafting fun, especially with yarn.

Sarah-you sure are walking alot, bet you will fit into those jeans in no time flat. How is your ds?

Stacy-hope you had a great day!

I purged, yup! 3 bags full! So proud of myself, I did an original purge then made myself go back thru the closet a second time. It felt great! I fit all of my winter clothes in one tote-it is mainly sweaters. I can't believe how much clothing that I was holding on to that didn't fit.

Also made the tote..what a chore! I am not a novice to sewing but haven't sewn in quite a while. Here's a pic, still need to put a zipper in but have to buy it first.:lol Had enough fabric for a second tote, pieced, will get it sewn tomorrow. And finished all the laundry. Going to sit and relax for the rest of the evening.

Have a great night friends!

hugs n squishes!

Awesome!!!! Love the fabric :yay:manyheart

Nite nite ladies :c9

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!!

Love the tote LeeAnn- the fabric is awesome!!! I really LOVE it!!!! I wish I could sew like that---but who knows? Once I get a sewing machine, a tote is one of the first things I want to attempt!!!

Running late- so for now- Wishing you all a splendiferous day!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Well, it's morning agaiin :think I don't understand how it happens so fast :shrug Oh well, at least it's a short week :yay Nothing new to report here this morning so I hope you all have a wonderful wednesday.

Good Morning friends!

Just hopped on and recvd my partner info for the purse/tote swap, so excited to begin! Going to search for just the right pattern and yarn...oh I hope she likes it!

JBeth, Joanne and Marisa-have a happy Wednesday! Hope your day is filled with laughter and fun.:hug:hug:hug

Was supposed to be taking ds to his appt this morning, but the insurance is backwards. Last week they sent us a card saying he was covered and all was well, yesterday dh called to confirm and they said he did not have coverage...he does but doesn't, the paperwork is behind/ahead...so have to wait until they straighten it up.:blush

We are going to the fabric store, library and for a picnic and to visit my great aunt today. I think we will have fun, getting out of the house is always nice.:manyheart BBL! hugs n extra squishes!

Archived