Some good clean fun?!

Hi everybody, I went back to sleep this morning, and have been behind all day. But it's been a good one.

Scooby, great to hear from you. It must have been interesting to try to sum up a year.

Joanne, happy hump day! Or is it? In a short week, wouldn't hump day be Wednesday and half? Nice tote and blanket by the way. I don't blame you for being excited about becomming a grammie. I think "Grandma" must be an awesome job. So nice that Ryan is already so very loved. :manyheart

Marisa, Did you have a busy day today? Is it busier when there's a holiday?

LeeAnn, Love your tote. It looks amazing. What type of fabric did you use?

Stacy, I hope all is well with you. Did you get back to the doc to hear about the sleep study yet? How are your tests going?

Well, I am brain dead -- been working in the heat, and I don't adapt as well as I used to. I hope your days are lovely, like you! :hug:flower

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies :hi

Yes Beth, it was crazy insane busy today :eek So glad it's over :whew We have to pack 5 days of work into 4. We had 53 patients before lunch today, let alone the 2nd half of the day. We all were run ragged today :shrug. My mom and sister even tried to call on conference call and when Mary told them I was too busy to grab the phone, my sister thought she was going to chat with Mary, but low and behold, she couldn't chat either :lol It was ALL day long, and with several problems popping up along the way too.

Other than that, just glad to be home. Have a load of laundry in and the turtles are eating, but that's the extent of what I need to do.....beside pulling out my :hook Well, I'm thinking of pinning out my sweater to block :think I'm going to pin it straight to the carpet :think:rofl Or, it doesn't get done at all :think

hi all,

another hot day here- humid and hot!!! And no AC does not make me very happy!! Paradise was actually a relief today- at least it was cool- even if I was super busy!!!

Not sure what I'm going to do tonight- probably a whole lot of nothing- just because it's too darn hot!

Evenin' all!

Joanne-glad that your day in paradise flew by and that it was busy, hope you were able to relax. Hoping that you get your ac fixed soon.

Marisa-that is alot of patients to see! Oh my! I would feel tired, whew! Hope you had a little bit of hook time.

Beth-why were you in the sun?

Not much going on here, ran our errands then came home to clean up after the kittens. They will be staying outdoors from now on as they are growing up. Little darlings.

Didn't get a chance to sew, hopefully tomorrow. Reading a good book instead of crocheting.

hugs, night all!

:hi all!!

Scooby-Doo!! :cheer:clap:yay:jumpyay:woo So good to see ya, girl! Even though we are neighbors and all. :lol Sounds like you have had a rough year. I hope the dr.'s can get your thyroid under control. WTG to your ds for getting his GED. Don't feel shy about stopping in! Our group has dwindled and picked up new members, but there is always room for the OG Besties! :wink:lol

Joanne, I thought your a/c was supposed to be fixed yesterday? :think Maybe I read wrong. I hope you can get relief from the heat soon! Is it also humid over there? That makes it 100 times worse. :sweat

Leeann, your tote is gorgeous!! :drool Who is that one for? Sorry about your ds' insurance issues. I hope it gets straightened out soon.

Beth, How ya doin', woman? How nice that you went back to bed this morning. :dream Can't wait 'til the girls are out for the summer- I will be able to do that at least a couple times. :lol How is Shrimp Boy? I like that your dd likes to be modest at the pool. :yes So many parents nowadays just don't instill modesty in their children, and don't care when the girls run around like...well, you know. Anyway- it's nice to see people who still care about keeping their skin to themselves! :D

Sarah, sorry that you haven't heard anything about the job. :xfin that you find something soon! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Marisa- heya girlie! Work sounds crazy-busy! Wowza...I don't know how you keep up with all of those patients. How are your turtles?

I haven't heard anything about Mia's test results- as a matter of fact, Beth asking reminded me to call there tomorrow. They are supposed to call me, but you know how doctor's offices can be.

I had the astro final today- I was fairly confident about my answers until I turned it in, went downstairs and cracked open the book to check them. :blush I think I probably got a B. The prof was very kind afterward and told me it was a pleasure to have me in the class and good luck with my future, etc. Very sweet. Some people just turned in their exams and went on their way but he made sure to say bye to the most involved students, I think. :yes No more exams until next week- one on Sunday and one on Monday, then I am DONE for summer! :lol

Today was the talent show- Isabella barely sang, although she had great eye contact. :lol I am proud of her for just doing it, though. :yes I definitely would not have done that at her age.

Tomorrow Isabella has soccer practice, then Eva's year-end picnic at school. I registered her for next semester, but her teacher is retiring, so she will be in the class next door. That makes me sad- she is a wonderful teacher. I am happy for her, though, because her dd just had a baby and I know she is thrilled to spend more time with him. :manyheart

Anyway...enough :blah :blah...love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

It seems that the thunderstorms that rolled through last night have broken some of the humidity- it seems much better outside this morning- I remembered that it was recycling pick up so I brought the can outside and was pleasantly surprised to go outside and feel some "cool" air!

Stacy- A B is nothing to be ashamed about- and if you do end up with an A- that's icing on the cake so to speak!! Congrats to Isabella for making eye contact- and good luck finding out what you will be doing with Mia- once you get the test results that is!

LeeAnn- The AC really needs to be replaced- so we are not getting it fixed. We got two estimates already and hoping to get it replaced next week. the temps are not supposed to be so bad the next few days anyway so looks like we'll have some relief from the heat and humidity.

Beth- I totally relate to the not adapting to the heat as well anymore!!! I was totally sapped of all energy last night and basically just watched the hockey game from my bed with the ceiling fan on high!! The Bruins lost in the last 18 seconds :-( so I'm sure my DD was sad. They had tornadoes in Massachusetts yesterday- she got home from work ok but said that the air pressure was weird all day!

Marisa- For a short week, it seems long to me- maybe because of all this heat/humidity/lack of AC!- Anyway, have a good day- and hope it is not nearly as busy as yesterday was.

Sarah- any news on the job front?

Scooby- Congrats to your son on his GED!!!

Off to get ready- have a wonderful day!

Evenin' all!

Marisa-that is alot of patients to see! Oh my! I would feel tired, whew! Hope you had a little bit of hook time.

Not much going on here, ran our errands then came home to clean up after the kittens. They will be staying outdoors from now on as they are growing up. Little darlings.

Didn't get a chance to sew, hopefully tomorrow. Reading a good book instead of crocheting.

hugs, night all!

It's' always expected to be like this when we have a short week :sigh Glad your enjoying your book, what are you reading?

:hi all!!

Marisa- heya girlie! Work sounds crazy-busy! Wowza...I don't know how you keep up with all of those patients. How are your turtles?

I haven't heard anything about Mia's test results- as a matter of fact, Beth asking reminded me to call there tomorrow. They are supposed to call me, but you know how doctor's offices can be.

I had the astro final today- I was fairly confident about my answers until I turned it in, went downstairs and cracked open the book to check them. :blush I think I probably got a B. The prof was very kind afterward and told me it was a pleasure to have me in the class and good luck with my future, etc. Very sweet. Some people just turned in their exams and went on their way but he made sure to say bye to the most involved students, I think. :yes No more exams until next week- one on Sunday and one on Monday, then I am DONE for summer! :lol

Today was the talent show- Isabella barely sang, although she had great eye contact. :lol I am proud of her for just doing it, though. :yes I definitely would not have done that at her age.

Tomorrow Isabella has soccer practice, then Eva's year-end picnic at school. I registered her for next semester, but her teacher is retiring, so she will be in the class next door. That makes me sad- she is a wonderful teacher. I am happy for her, though, because her dd just had a baby and I know she is thrilled to spend more time with him. :manyheart

Anyway...enough :blah :blah...love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Only 2 more days to go of this craziness :eek Thankfully, there's 2 of us there, so it breaks it down a bit :yes WTG on your Astro exam, a B is still awesome :h5 and half the time you only syke yourself out by checking once you leave :think:lol The turtles are good, I cleaned them last week and they're still good :clap And I fed them last night. WTG Isabella :cheer Have fun at Eva's picnic, and don't forget to call Mia's dr! :yes

Good morning!

It seems that the thunderstorms that rolled through last night have broken some of the humidity- it seems much better outside this morning- I remembered that it was recycling pick up so I brought the can outside and was pleasantly surprised to go outside and feel some "cool" air!

Marisa- For a short week, it seems long to me- maybe because of all this heat/humidity/lack of AC!- Anyway, have a good day- and hope it is not nearly as busy as yesterday was.

Off to get ready- have a wonderful day!

This week should be more comfortable now that the temps dropped a bit, hopefully the humidity did too :xfin I haven't been outside yet this morning to check. But we're supposed to be in the low 80's now and you're usually similar to here :think We've been pushing 100 for the past week :eek These short weeks always kill me :( 2 more days to go....I think I can, I think I can...... :lol

Marisa, love the tote. The color changes came out so cool. Was that just chance, or did you do something to make it line up like that? I hope today is a little slower at work. It sounds like it was insane for you yesterday.

Joanne, I feel your non-a/c'd pain!!! We don't have central a/c at our OLD house, and our kitchen is so open, a window unit wouldn't be very practical. So it gets unbearable in there. I got my hubby to list cold foods he'll eat (he's quite picky) and we're going to be eating off that menu for a while.

Stacy, I'd take a B in a college class any day. That's awesome, even for someone who is JUST taking classes, but you are mothering, looking for a new place to live, and studying. That fact that you passed is pretty impressive.

LeeAnn, I was outside doing some weeding. Not much, mind you. We are slowly being overtaken by the jungle in my yard, but we got a start, and put a dent in one area of our yard. (I typed "yarn" instead of yard. LOL You know where my brain is.)

Sarah, I hope you find a very good job soon. Congrats on all the walking. I would really like to do more of that myself.

Well, I need to get going again. I have a busy day today. My husband has jury duty orientation, my dd has a new dance class, my son-that's-not-my-son (Shrimp boy) needs a ride to his handbell choir rehearsal, and my son has his test for his WSI certification. That's all within 2 hours, and I'm not sure how we'll arrange transportation for everyone, but it will work out some how.

Marisa, your tote is awesome!! I love the way it striped. :manyheart And thanks for the reminder to call Mia's dr. I forgot again this morning. :blush

Joanne, I'm glad your dd got home okay! How scary about the air pressure. I thought about your dd and LeaAnne when I heard about the tornadoes this morning, but wasn't sure if either was close enough to be affected.

Beth, good luck with all of your goings-on. Again, I don't know how you do it. It's sweet of you to take Shrimp Boy to his practice. Is school done for this year?

Today was odd. I had the day to myself, and had no idea what to do! :rofl I had actually planned to clean out the boxes in the garage, but when I went out there, I found all of Roomie's still blocking my way. :angry I told dh I am just going to wait until they move- don't want to put it off that long, but I also don't want to fight for garage space. :shrug

So anyway, I cleaned the girls' room instead. :lol Took a bag of clothing to the donation drop-box, and cleared out their bookshelf. I don't know where all of the paper comes from, but I feel like I fill the recycle bin about every 2 weeks. :eek My kids love to draw. :lol

Well, I'm going to scoot. Hope you all have a great day, despite the heat and humidity. :hug:hug:hug

Hi all,

A beautiful gorgeous day here- which is a welcome relief!!! Beautiful breezes- and low humidity!

Love the tote Marisa- and the way the variegeted just fell into place on the diagonal. How come mine with variegeted didn't do that???:think

Beth- how did your 2 hour span of getting lots of people different places go?

I would definitely be eating cold foods too w/out AC..in fact last night I had ice-cream!!!

Stacy- Did you call the Dr? I'll bet you'll be glad when Roomie moves out- but WTG on getting some of the kids things sorted through!!!

HI Sarah and LeeAnn:hug

I've been enjoying the cool breezes and just realized it's almost 8PM!!! Time to :crocheting for a bit. See you in the AM

Well ladies, another long day :sigh

Then when I got home cleaned out the turtle filter (not the whole thing, but just the filter) which only took about 15 minutes. It was slowing down so I shook it to help push through whatever was stuck, but it stopped :eek So needed to clear it out.

Thanks for the compliments on the tote :hug

While checking in here, I'm trying to decide if I should work on my market tote or the sweater :think

It's Shrimp Boy's brother's birthday, so he went home earlier than usual, which took care of all my transportation issues. We got everyone transported with no problems. And my son passed his test, and is Red-Cross certified WSI!!! I am very proud. And more than excited... I went to TJ's, and found dark chocolate covered espresso beans, and sampled them while waiting for my son... CAFFEINE HIGH!!! Since it's our last trip in that direction for a while, I stocked up on coffee, waffles, pancakes, bagels, and pasta, so I'm set for a while.

Joanne, so glad you got to enjoy some cool breezes -- remember the old Peanuts comics where the crew is all humming, and leaning into the breeze? Ahhhhhhhhh. It was 96 degrees here.

Stacy, congrats on getting the girls' room straightened out. I need to copy you and LeeAnn and get some organization done here.

Marisa, you picked a great yarn for that tote. It looks very good.

Well, I need to get busy.

It's Shrimp Boy's brother's birthday, so he went home earlier than usual, which took care of all my transportation issues. We got everyone transported with no problems. And my son passed his test, and is Red-Cross certified WSI!!! I am very proud. And more than excited... I went to TJ's, and found dark chocolate covered espresso beans, and sampled them while waiting for my son... CAFFEINE HIGH!!! Since it's our last trip in that direction for a while, I stocked up on coffee, waffles, pancakes, bagels, and pasta, so I'm set for a while.

Joanne, so glad you got to enjoy some cool breezes -- remember the old Peanuts comics where the crew is all humming, and leaning into the breeze? Ahhhhhhhhh. It was 96 degrees here.

Stacy, congrats on getting the girls' room straightened out. I need to copy you and LeeAnn and get some organization done here.

Marisa, you picked a great yarn for that tote. It looks very good.

Well, I need to get busy.

:yay to your ds :cheer and happy birthday to shrimp boy's bro :D

And to think that yarn was just sitting around in my stash :think:lol

Evenin' all!

Beth-Congratulations to your ds! WTG! you must be very proud. I forgot to answer your question, the fabric that I used for the tote is cotton, found it on sale at Joanne's, awesome find if I do say so myself. :-)

Joanne-can you believe that tomorrow is already Friday? I am so shocked! This week has flown by!

Marisa-ohhh laaaa laaaa! Lovely tote indeed! I do love the way the yarn worked up too, very pretty!

Stacy-when will your roomies move? I like decluttering, crazy huh?

not much going on here, had a relaxing day. Worked on the purse for the swap that I joined, will look thru my stash for lining, I think that I have fabric that will match nicely.

Finished my book this morning, it is called Whispers by Belva Plain. A pretty good read.

hugs n squishes!

:hi Hello Strangers! I'm still alive, but don't seem to have much time to visit. I saw a lovely surprise post from Scooby and it was FANTASTIC to get an update from her (once a Bestie always a Bestie!:hug). Joanne's update on everyone below her post was great to help me catch up too. So, how is everyone?

An update on me....I hope you are sitting down. In early April I negotiated a contract to go back to work at the clinic with the perfect hours. I spent the next couple weeks getting child care and summer daycamps organized for DD, started training and then....SURPRISE! I found out I'm pregnant! :clap:clap:clap So, it took me a few weeks to get my head around all this, I've been busy getting used to my new working schedule, and now I'm settling into my pregnancy. I'm due Christmas day.

So, what on earth else could I include in an update? Working life is busy. I work M-F and finish at 3:00 in time to get DD after school most days, stay until 3:30 on Fridays. I find it hard to keep up with things at home, but I'm figuring out how to fit things in and focus on what needs doing. I am starting to feel more energetic now. I'm sure it was a combination of early pregnancy and starting a new routine that had me tired out for a few weeks.

I'm still not crocheting. It's been put away and I'll take it out again someday. You'd think with a baby on the way I'd be motivated to make cute little things, but not so much right now.

We had a cool, rainy spring. Everything is very green here and it's finally starting to be sunny and warmer.

That's about all from me. :hug:hug:hug:hug for all of you!

Colleen!!! How wonderful!!!!!:clap A Christmas Baby!!!! :clapYou must be so excited!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!:yes

Wow- doesn't it just figure, you would negotiate a contract at the clinic- start working full time and now you are pregnant! How does DD feel about it? Is she excited to be having a new baby brother or sister?

I'm just so happy for you- please keep in touch with us here! We miss you--and it doesn't matter if you aren't crocheting- your mojo will come back when you least expect it!!!

Best news of the day:hug:hug:hug:hug

Thanks Joanne :hug I've missed you too. It is just hard to fit it all in! Plus I had a lot to deal with in my head, if you know what I mean.

Oh I'm not worried about my crochet mojo. It will come back when I least expect it. ;)

Happy to see that you are expecting a grandson! How exciting! I love your totes :manyheart What fun! :hug:hug

I am addicted to making these totes!!! Who knew I would love making something so much? I guess it's the almost instant gratification of it!

I made 2 blankets for my grandson and then made two totes to put the blankets in!

I totally get that you had a lot to wrap your head around!!!! I'm just thrilled for you. Just found out that a co-worker/friend of mine, who has a DD who is turning 6 in a few weeks is pregnant- due in January!

Off for the night!!! Time to hook for a bit!

Sarah, I hope you find a very good job soon. Congrats on all the walking. I would really like to do more of that myself.

Well given I don't have a vehicle right now I don't have much choice. I don't want to ask the friend I'm staying with to constantly drive me around when I don't have the money to pay for gas. So walking it is =0) At least it has the silver lining of losing all the weight I've been wanting to lose for awhile.

Spent the day at Work Source again today. I'm running out of places to apply to so I'm sitting there re-teaching myself Microsoft Office. Then went to a support group meeting at the local Women's Center. Not much else going on in my life. I'll see Keith on Saturday. So that'll be good.

:hi Hello Strangers! I'm still alive, but don't seem to have much time to visit. I saw a lovely surprise post from Scooby and it was FANTASTIC to get an update from her (once a Bestie always a Bestie!:hug). Joanne's update on everyone below her post was great to help me catch up too. So, how is everyone?

An update on me....I hope you are sitting down. In early April I negotiated a contract to go back to work at the clinic with the perfect hours. I spent the next couple weeks getting child care and summer daycamps organized for DD, started training and then....SURPRISE! I found out I'm pregnant! :clap:clap:clap So, it took me a few weeks to get my head around all this, I've been busy getting used to my new working schedule, and now I'm settling into my pregnancy. I'm due Christmas day.

So, what on earth else could I include in an update? Working life is busy. I work M-F and finish at 3:00 in time to get DD after school most days, stay until 3:30 on Fridays. I find it hard to keep up with things at home, but I'm figuring out how to fit things in and focus on what needs doing. I am starting to feel more energetic now. I'm sure it was a combination of early pregnancy and starting a new routine that had me tired out for a few weeks.

I'm still not crocheting. It's been put away and I'll take it out again someday. You'd think with a baby on the way I'd be motivated to make cute little things, but not so much right now.

We had a cool, rainy spring. Everything is very green here and it's finally starting to be sunny and warmer.

That's about all from me. :hug:hug:hug:hug for all of you!

So glad to hear from you and that things are going well :hug :hug :hug Congrats on the job and the new baby :clap:yay

Well given I don't have a vehicle right now I don't have much choice. I don't want to ask the friend I'm staying with to constantly drive me around when I don't have the money to pay for gas. So walking it is =0) At least it has the silver lining of losing all the weight I've been wanting to lose for awhile.

Spent the day at Work Source again today. I'm running out of places to apply to so I'm sitting there re-teaching myself Microsoft Office. Then went to a support group meeting at the local Women's Center. Not much else going on in my life. I'll see Keith on Saturday. So that'll be good.

Keeping you in my prayers during these hard times sweetie :hug :hug :hug

Good morning!

Had a wonderful night's sleep which made up for the previous night in the heat! It was wonderful to sleep with the cool breeze and I feel refreshed. Amazing what low humidity and cool temps will do!!

Sarah- You have a great attitude and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your time on Saturday with Keith!!!

Beth- Glad it all worked out yesterday! Congrats to DS on obtaining is WSI!!!!! That's awesome news!!! And good thinking on stocking up at TJ's while you were in that neck of the woods. I did the same last Saturday (or was it Sunday??) when I went. I probably won't make it back there this weekend or next, but I do have plenty of the most important thing that I buy there- Joe's Dark Coffee!!!:lol

Marisa- All I can say after working only 4 days this week is TGIF!!! :clap Felt like everything was crammed into a short week! Are you heading home again this weekend? I know your weekends are full this month.

Stacy- Remember, if you didn't already- call the dr!;) What's on the agenda for today?

LeeAnn- Yay for the purging! WTG!!! Seeing that tote you made makes me really want to get a sewing machine and learn how to make them- I really love how it turned out!

Scooby- I think maybe your posting prompted Colleen to post too!! I'm so happy for the both of you- you that you've been with current BF for almost a year and that things are under control- Colleen that she is pregnant and has a job- and I'm sure hoping to hear from LeaAnne and Shannon one of these days!

Off to get ready for Paradise- have a good day all! And for old times sake, remember your vitamins!:yes

Good morning ladies :coffee

Having trouble keeping these little peepers open :eek:lol I also slept well last night and was able to just put the fan in the window, it was actually a bit chilly when I woke up :manyheart Perfect :yes

Joanne - I'm staying here this weekend. I do need to start going through stuff. I keep saying it, but I'm such a procrastinator :eek I will start this weekend though since after looking through my calendar realized this is the first of 3 weekend I have left here. It may be 4, as I'm debating on one weekend in July :think

Have a wonderful day everyone :hug TGIF :yay

Archived