Some good clean fun?!

Good evening ladies :hi

Thanks LeeAnn and Joanne, I am loving my new hairdo :yes:clap Today was a better day EXCEPT......

I heard back about the office I was trying to fish out some info on from the health insurance plan that I want to be in network for and I would be denied at that location :( Now I've got a million more things running through my head. I'd love to sit and crochet tonight, but might just change into my pj's and read my book :think We shall see.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks LeeAnn and Joanne, I am loving my new hairdo :yes:clap Today was a better day EXCEPT......

I heard back about the office I was trying to fish out some info on from the health insurance plan that I want to be in network for and I would be denied at that location :( Now I've got a million more things running through my head. I'd love to sit and crochet tonight, but might just change into my pj's and read my book :think We shall see.

Marisa- It just means that location was not the right one!! You'll find the one that is meant to be- I'm sure of it!

I"m thinking of reading tonight too- and give the wrist one night off- The *** I'm making for my swap partner is calling me, but I'm thinking, my wrist will be happier if I put it off another night! It barely hurts at all now:)

LeeAnn- YOu sure do sound busy- and you'll be heading out when I am (except for the time difference) I'm going to treat myself to a Starbucks on the way to Paradise tomorrow- a co-worker gave me a $10.00 gift card today--just because she knew I was stressing at work- wasn't that sweet?:manyheart

Hi all!

I swear I posted last night. :think

Marisa, your new 'do is short n' sassy- I love it! It looks great on you. Glad you got the turtles situated. Sorry to hear about the office, but it just means that it wasn't meant to be, and something better will come along. :wink

Beth, yikes @ the freezer! At least someone told you about it, though. :yes Hope today was more relaxing.

Leeann, busy busy day! Good luck getting everyone trained. And your soaps are gorgeous! Aloe is so wonderful for your skin, too. I'm sure they do feel wonderful to use. :yes

Joanne, how sweet of your co-worker to give you the gift card. What did you get? I haven't had the Bux in a week or so...last time I had it, my gums were swollen and painful the next day. :think

We found another apartment, applied, and put a deposit down. Now we have to email all of our account info, etc, and wait to make sure everything is set to move in. :xfin It's not as big as the place we loved, but it's much bigger than the last few we have looked at.

The girls' school sponsored a 5K walk after school today, so we did that. The girls had fun walking around the neighborhood with their friends. :yes

Oh, guess what?! Most of you may have seen this on FB but it is really exciting to me. LoL I took Jorge' iPod to the Apple store, and they replaced it for free!!! :eek:yay:jumpyay:dance I was in shock- I seriously wanted to jump across the counter and hug the guy. But I restrained myself. :lol

Anyway, it's bedtime, and I am so ready. Good night, friends!!

Good morning!!!

Stacy- Wonder why your gums were painful and swollen after having something at the Bux? What did you have? I'm stopping today- and going to just get a bold coffee. I'm going to treat myself the rest of the week too!!

Glad to hear about the apartment!! Fingers crossed that all works out. The 5K sounds like a lot of fun.

Best news was that Apple replaced Jorge's IPod!!! I love Apple and have always found them to be very customer friendly!! We have all Apple in our house- I finally convinced DH about a year-or two ago that Apple was the best!

Marisa- Hope you had a better evening last night than the night before! It's HUMP Day!!!! Yippee!!!

Beth- Did it go ok with the parent vs Ballet Mistress last evening? Hope you have a good day today.

LeeAnn- Even though you're 3 hrs behind, thinking of you since I'm up and about at 5:45AM---have a great day today.....Paradise is what it is right now- nothing much I can do to change it---so I"m just hangin in and hoping some things improve.

Off to get ready and then I'm heading over to DD's for dinner tonight. Then I'm going to come home, watch the Bruins game and crochet for a bit. ---at least that's the plan right now.

Good morning! :ghug

I went to the ballet studio early yesterday, and the parent had already left. She was a lot more civil this time. So i went home and came back when I was needed. It was an easy day, and I got a little crocheting done, but those sleeves require a lot of counting -- hard to do when there's a lot going on.

Joanne, Happy Hump Day!!! I hope your day at Paradise goes by quickly, and you're dining with your dd before you know it. Is this the one who is a vegetarian?

Stacy, back flips and cabbage patch about the ipod. Is Jorge OK with that? I know he was hoping for a bigger, better replacement.

Marisa, you are beautiful with your new hairdo. It looks perfect for summer. Big change from halfway down your back!

LeeAnn, you sound so busy. I hope you aren't letting work wear you down. Will it slow down when the school is actually in session?

Well, yesterday, I got my family room deep cleaned. Today I'm going to try to get the dining room done, and one more room at least started. Housework is not my favorite, and I'm seriously lacking motivation.

Hi all!

I swear I posted last night. :think

Marisa, your new 'do is short n' sassy- I love it! It looks great on you. Glad you got the turtles situated. Sorry to hear about the office, but it just means that it wasn't meant to be, and something better will come along. :wink

We found another apartment, applied, and put a deposit down. Now we have to email all of our account info, etc, and wait to make sure everything is set to move in. :xfin It's not as big as the place we loved, but it's much bigger than the last few we have looked at.

The girls' school sponsored a 5K walk after school today, so we did that. The girls had fun walking around the neighborhood with their friends. :yes

Oh, guess what?! Most of you may have seen this on FB but it is really exciting to me. LoL I took Jorge' iPod to the Apple store, and they replaced it for free!!! :eek:yay:jumpyay:dance I was in shock- I seriously wanted to jump across the counter and hug the guy. But I restrained myself. :lol

Anyway, it's bedtime, and I am so ready. Good night, friends!!

Thanks, and you're right...now I just have to get back to my search :yes Glad you found another apt that you like and totally awesome about the ipod :clap:yay

Good morning!!!

Marisa- Hope you had a better evening last night than the night before! It's HUMP Day!!!! Yippee!!!

Off to get ready and then I'm heading over to DD's for dinner tonight. Then I'm going to come home, watch the Bruins game and crochet for a bit. ---at least that's the plan right now.

Thanks, I hope your week gets better too :hug Enjoy your bux on your way to work :yes As for tonight :think I might try to work on a square for a friend. Otherwise, may try to get something packed :shrug

Good morning! :ghug

I went to the ballet studio early yesterday, and the parent had already left. She was a lot more civil this time. So i went home and came back when I was needed. It was an easy day, and I got a little crocheting done, but those sleeves require a lot of counting -- hard to do when there's a lot going on.

Marisa, you are beautiful with your new hairdo. It looks perfect for summer. Big change from halfway down your back!

Well, yesterday, I got my family room deep cleaned. Today I'm going to try to get the dining room done, and one more room at least started. Housework is not my favorite, and I'm seriously lacking motivation.

Thanks :hug Glad to hear you and ds weren't needed for backup at the ballet studay :whew and WTG on your cleaning (I don't like it either :no )

Have a great day everyone and I'll see y'all later :hug

Hey ladies!

Joanne- I am now a forever-fan of Apple. :yes Would love to have a laptop, but that won't happen until mine croaks. Enjoy your Bux- I had a good chuckle that you are planning to stop every day after work. :lol

Beth, glad to hear the irate parent mellowed a bit and it was settled without your "backup." :wink

Marisa, hope your day went well.

Leeann, how was training? Is everyone set for their jobs? When do the kids come?

Today I cleaned a bit (and I do mean a bit :blush:lol) and my friend called to ask if we wanted to go out for breakfast. Had to pick up Mia first from school, though- she has another ear infection. :ohdear I can't wait until this is taken care of. Unfortunately, we now have to wait until this one clears up to have her hearing tested.

Anyway, after that we went to the park, then to TJ's. I think we are doing breakfast for dinner. Well...we were supposed to, until I just remembered we don't have syrup. :blush Oops. Anyway, the girls and I went to get a birthday gift after school, and I think tonight we are just chillin' at home.

The house owner called today and said she expects the house to be returned in the condition we received it in, which means we have to paint- which she will provide. Dh and Roomie are ticked, but to me- it is worth it to get the full deposit back. :shrug

Anyway, I better get going and figure out dinner now. Love and hugs! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Worked seemed to move along quite slowly today, but now I'm home :clap:yay Getting ready to work on a square I promised to someone :xfin

Stacy - that is a bummer about the painting since they're already providing the paint, how much would it really cost :think I'm sure much less than they would deduct from your security though :sigh Hope everything goes smoothly for you :hug

:clap for being home! What color is the square you're working on? I haven't crocheted in ages. :( Thought I would have some time after I finished school, but seems like that time will be spent getting ready to move. Oh, well.

As for painting- I washed a couple walls today to see how they would look, and we most likely will have to use the paint. The walls aren't bad, but they are far from looking fresh. I'm thinking the reason she wants us to paint is because her son is moving in right after us, so she won't really have time to hire someone else. Plus, like you said- it is cheaper for her to have us do it, rather than pay someone else. :shrug

Well, I better scoot out to the garage and find a box to start packing some things. Love and hugs!!!

HI all,

I had dinner at DD's and visited for a bit. We had turkey stuffing and cranberry sandwiches- YUM!!

Stacy- Wonder why her son can't just paint? But, if it means painting to get full deposit back I'd do it too! Sorry to hear about Eva's ear infection! Hopefully, it'll clear up, you can get the hearing test and then take it from there.

I'm stopping at the Bux on my way TO work- I have a few dollars left on the gift card, so definitely making another stop on the way tomorrow.

Beth- Glad that you weren't needed to intervene with the "nice" parent!! Hope your cleaning went well. It's not my fun thing to do for sure so I empathize. It's much easier with just the two of us then it was when my DD's were younger and home!

Marisa- I've got to make a square too- I should check my stash to see if I have some red simply soft. I think I do- What book are you reading?

LeeAnn- Hope things went well today!!

Colleen- if you are lurking- how are you feeling? DD went to the Doc today- she is 33 wks- and doing good. He said she gained a little too much wt since the last visit so she wants me to open the pool pronto so she can exercise!!! LOL

Off to watch the Bruins game!

:clap for being home! What color is the square you're working on? I haven't crocheted in ages. :( Thought I would have some time after I finished school, but seems like that time will be spent getting ready to move. Oh, well.

As for painting- I washed a couple walls today to see how they would look, and we most likely will have to use the paint. The walls aren't bad, but they are far from looking fresh. I'm thinking the reason she wants us to paint is because her son is moving in right after us, so she won't really have time to hire someone else. Plus, like you said- it is cheaper for her to have us do it, rather than pay someone else. :shrug

Well, I better scoot out to the garage and find a box to start packing some things. Love and hugs!!!

it's red and white, coming out nicely too :yes I'm procrastinating on the packing :eek I've got 4 boxes done so far and that was like, 2 weeks ago :think

HI all,

I had dinner at DD's and visited for a bit. We had turkey stuffing and cranberry sandwiches- YUM!!

Stacy- Wonder why her son can't just paint? But, if it means painting to get full deposit back I'd do it too! Sorry to hear about Eva's ear infection! Hopefully, it'll clear up, you can get the hearing test and then take it from there.

I'm stopping at the Bux on my way TO work- I have a few dollars left on the gift card, so definitely making another stop on the way tomorrow.

Beth- Glad that you weren't needed to intervene with the "nice" parent!! Hope your cleaning went well. It's not my fun thing to do for sure so I empathize. It's much easier with just the two of us then it was when my DD's were younger and home!

Marisa- I've got to make a square too- I should check my stash to see if I have some red simply soft. I think I do- What book are you reading?

LeeAnn- Hope things went well today!!

Colleen- if you are lurking- how are you feeling? DD went to the Doc today- she is 33 wks- and doing good. He said she gained a little too much wt since the last visit so she wants me to open the pool pronto so she can exercise!!! LOL

Off to watch the Bruins game!

Oooo, yummy :drool My red is 'autumn red' caron ss :yes I'm finishing up The Mating, it might have been free on the nook :think It's about werewolves (kinda like all the vampire stuff out if I had to compare it to soemthing) but it's a cute story, it had me hooked last night which is probably why I was so tired this morning :think:lol

Hiya friends!

whew! It's been a day!

Joanne-The Bux sounds just wonderful right about now. I haven't had a great yummy coffee in quite a while, maybe sometime this weekend. So glad that your dd is progressing well, I gained a ton of weight with my ds, I was itty bitty before, but he was a big baby...almost 8 lbs. I am only 5 feet tall, it was super strenuous on my body but well worth the effort. Are you making your square for a fellow Ville member?

Marisa-your new book sounds good, did you ever read the Twilight series? I am so behind in the times, but never read the books or watched the movies. One of these days I'll catch up.:lol

Stacy-bummer about your dd's ear, does she have to take meds? Happy Happy Happy that ya all found an appt. I am a very messy painter,...uggghhh. Glad that you are so optimistic about it.

Beth-did you get your cleaning done? Not my fav thing to do either...so much other fun stuff to do instead. :hug Awesome that the parent was not as irate, that is not fun...not at all.

The training went well, :clap:clap:clapI had a difficult time finding the center, the gal that gave me directions was a little bit confused between right/left, north/south....took me an extra 40 minutes to find it.:blush I finally waved someone down and found out I was 2 miles away. The dirt roads can be tricky.:devil

We will have another week of training..uggghhh...but things should slow down once we get everyone settled and trained. Head Start has tons of Standards and Policies that we must follow, this makes it for intense training on everything in one whack. It can be overwhelming.

going to sit and relax before the night is over. Hugs n squishes!

Joanne, I thought you said you were stopping on the way home. :lol Well, on the way TO work is even better. Glad your dd is feeling well! How exciting that your dd's due date is so close! I gained a ton of weight with Isabella (my first one) using the excuse that I could eat whatever I wanted since I was pregnant. Uh, nooo.....LoL Luckily I wised up with the second one and only gained 25 lbs.

Leeann, I didn't realize you were working for Head Start. Nice. They do have tons of policies though- good luck getting through everything. :hug:hug:hug

Marisa, your book sounds interesting. I read the whole HP series but never got into the Twilight ones. :think Wizards=cool; werewolves- not so much, I guess. :shrug:lol

Guess what? We got the apartment!! :woo I can officially start packing. We get the keys next week (our move-in date is July 1, since they wouldn't hold it until the 15th) and we will start moving our things after the cruise. :manyheart I am excited. Isabella is worried about switching schools :( but I told her that I will try as hard as I can to keep her at the current one. It has done wonders for her self-esteem. It will be only 10 minutes away, but the boundaries out here are so precise. We will see.

Well, I'm gonna scoot. Nighty-night, besties!

Wonderful news Stacy!!!! That's great you got the apartment- The roomie days are almost over!!! So happy for you!!!

The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup!!! I'm so happy because my DD is ecstatic!!!!

Better get upstairs and get some shut eye---5:20 will be here very soon!!! May not stop by in the AM --if not, see you after Thursday in Paradise!

I know!! I am beyond ecstatic. :D Less than 2 weeks and the Roomie days will be over. :whew

Yay for your dd's Bruins! I can't believe you are still up- I would be a zombie if I stayed up that late and had to get up so early. :lol Good night! Hope your day in Paradise goes by quickly.

Hiya friends!

whew! It's been a day!

Marisa-your new book sounds good, did you ever read the Twilight series? I am so behind in the times, but never read the books or watched the movies. One of these days I'll catch up.:lol

The training went well, :clap:clap:clapI had a difficult time finding the center, the gal that gave me directions was a little bit confused between right/left, north/south....took me an extra 40 minutes to find it.:blush I finally waved someone down and found out I was 2 miles away. The dirt roads can be tricky.:devil

We will have another week of training..uggghhh...but things should slow down once we get everyone settled and trained. Head Start has tons of Standards and Policies that we must follow, this makes it for intense training on everything in one whack. It can be overwhelming.

going to sit and relax before the night is over. Hugs n squishes!

Yep, I did read the whole twilight series, which I enjoyed :yes Glad to hear that all your training is going well :clap:yay

Marisa, your book sounds interesting. I read the whole HP series but never got into the Twilight ones. :think Wizards=cool; werewolves- not so much, I guess. :shrug:lol

Guess what? We got the apartment!! :woo I can officially start packing. We get the keys next week (our move-in date is July 1, since they wouldn't hold it until the 15th) and we will start moving our things after the cruise. :manyheart I am excited. Isabella is worried about switching schools :( but I told her that I will try as hard as I can to keep her at the current one. It has done wonders for her self-esteem. It will be only 10 minutes away, but the boundaries out here are so precise. We will see.

Well, I'm gonna scoot. Nighty-night, besties!

I love, love HP :manyheart I enjoyed the twilight books too, but HP was definitely better. I think it's more the difference in the quality of writing as opposed to the content though :think

:yay for getting the new apt!!! I am sooo siked for your :bounce:jumpyay I think you'll be alot more relaxed minus the roomie situation :think

Wonderful news Stacy!!!! That's great you got the apartment- The roomie days are almost over!!! So happy for you!!!

The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup!!! I'm so happy because my DD is ecstatic!!!!

Better get upstairs and get some shut eye---5:20 will be here very soon!!! May not stop by in the AM --if not, see you after Thursday in Paradise!

:yay Bruins, I'm happy dd's team won :clap I was indifferent on this one :blush:lol

:oops That should have said "vampires" instead of werewolves. I love, love HP, too.

Dh found some moving boxes on Craigslist. Unfortunately, they're half an hour away and I woke up with a stomach bug this morning. :think So I will be staying close to home. Oh, well. I'm sure we can browse the grocery stores and find more.

Feel better Stacy!!! Let the packing begin (once you feel better, of course)

Had another busy day in Paradise!!! But it's almost Friday- and then Saturday will be here and I get to see Marisa! (and 2 other ladies from the Ville) Can't wait!!!

Hope you all had a good day- off to finish the square I started-only 2 more rounds- and get it packaged up so i can mail it off tomorrow! Marisa- the one I'm doing is Caron SS in 'red'-it was in my stash.

Have a good night everyone!

Good morning ladies :coffee

TGIF!!!! I was up half of the night with the storms, I'd start to doze off and another HUGE roar would come through :sigh I think it was pushing 3 the last time I saw the clock. I hope I'm not a zombie at work today :lol

Nothing new to report here this morning. Have a wonderful friday :hug

Morning all!

Joanne-hope your day in Paradise flies by quickly so that you can begin to enjoy the weekend. Have you worked on your tote/purse? I want to finish mine this weekend and get it packaged up and mailed by next week...hopefully!

Marisa-oh gosh! Not sleeping is awful, hopefully you will get a second wind this afternoon-that is when I always feel tired. :-)

Stacy-how many more days until the cruise?

Beth-what's on your agenda for the day?

best get my tush out the door, today we have a late start 8. Hugs n squishes!

Hello everybody, and Happy TGIF, I think...

I got up early and worked a bit in the kitchen before it got too sweltering. Then I sat down with the cardigan for my dd and finished the sleeves :cheer Then I got purdied up, and took my son to court to get his license. Then I took him and his twin out to lunch. Then I tutored. Now I need to go shopping for father's day presents. I kind of just realized that I haven't done anything for my dad. :blush

Stacy, feel better! :hug

LeeAnn, I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend. You've been working so hard.

Marisa, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get enough sleep. I feel for you. I didn't sleep well, either, but mine was a different kind of thunder -- I had refried beans for dinner. :blush

Joanne, have a great weekend. Can I be just a touch jealous that you get to meet with a couple of crochetville friends? My local friends have been so busy lately, we haven't had a chance to get together.

Morning all!

Marisa-oh gosh! Not sleeping is awful, hopefully you will get a second wind this afternoon-that is when I always feel tired. :-)

best get my tush out the door, today we have a late start 8. Hugs n squishes!

Yeah, It wasn't too bad getting through the day. I always crash in the afternoon too, great in the mornings then again neart the end of the day. I need to move to one of those countries that takes a 3 hour afternoon break to nap :think:rofl

Hello everybody, and Happy TGIF, I think...

I got up early and worked a bit in the kitchen before it got too sweltering. Then I sat down with the cardigan for my dd and finished the sleeves :cheer Then I got purdied up, and took my son to court to get his license. Then I took him and his twin out to lunch. Then I tutored. Now I need to go shopping for father's day presents. I kind of just realized that I haven't done anything for my dad. :blush

Marisa, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get enough sleep. I feel for you. I didn't sleep well, either, but mine was a different kind of thunder -- I had refried beans for dinner. :blush

:rofl I love it!!!!! You were quite productive though :yes

Quick stop in- I had a long day- but fun (once work was over). Went out to eat with some co-workers and then we went to a local community theatre to see "Hairspray". It was fantastic!!!

The storms woke me too last night- so I'd better get some rest-

Will post more in the Am (after a cup of coffee)

Beth- you can always drive to Jersey if you want ----

See you tomorrow Marisa!!!

Archived