Some good clean fun?!

Good morning!!! It's so nice to hear from so many of our besties!

Colleen, I am SO happy for you!!! Thank you for sharing your great news with us. A Christmas baby -- how wonderful! And the job with hours that works for you... AWESOME news!

Sarah, Marisa, Joanne, LeeAnn, Mary, Scooby, Stacy, LeaAnne, Elizabeth, Shannon, you're all in my throughts. I hope you have an awesome Friday!

:hug

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the rest of your Friday everyone! I'm home and enjoying the cool breezes- and I'm so excited that AC is being installed tomorrow!!!

Hoping to get some pizza delivered---Beth--do you or your DS's deliver?:lol

Have a good night all!

Good evening ladies :hi

Well, yet another busy day at work. But alas, it's the weekend :whew My other doc was out sick today so my boss had the new guy come over. He just started this week and was getting trained at the office he's supposed to be going to. This is the guy that was hired with me leaving. He'll be with us all next week. We're hoping that he'll keep him and my other doc at my office and leave the other girl over there instead of moving people around :think Only time will tell. He was a really nice guy and jumped right in. Of course we were crazy busy and I did the bulk of the work. Once he gets familiar with the paperwork though, I think he'll be able to move right along :lol

Now having a cheeseburger :drool Trying to decide what to do tonight :think

Morning all!

Stopping in to wish all a wonderful, happy, relaxing day. I've got some cleaning to do before heading out for a bit---and the AC guy is coming today!!!

Going to refill my coffee and get back to cleaning.

Hugs to one and all!

Hello Everybody,

It's a beautiful morning here. I'm actually a little bit chilly, sitting in front of the fan.

Today I get to meet a friend for coffee and hook time. After we're done solving the problems of the world, I hope to get to the pool. Maybe not, like I said, it's a bit on the chilly side. I may drag a child or two or three to the Blackbeard Festival in downtown Hampton. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Marisa, so glad your busy week is over. I hope you get to relax a bit this weekend. What's in your plans?

Joanne, are you enjoying the cool breezes the way I am? I hope your AC installation is a breeze.

Stacy, do I remember correctly that you have 2 more exams? Will you be taking classes this summer?

LeeAnn, How is work going? How is your ds? Did you get time to make that other tote? You do beautiful work.

Sarah, I hope you have a great visit with Keith today.

Mary, when is your first craft show?

Colleen, how are you doing? Will you find out the gender of the baby before Christmas? How is your dd taking the news? How is she adjusting to you working?

Scooby, I hope things are going well for you. How is your new furbaby adjusting? Do your other fur babies adore him? Congrats to your son on his GED.

Have a fun Saturday, everybody!

Good morning ladies :hi

I up and dressed and ready to go. Taking my car for an oil change this morning, they open at 8. This afternoon Mary, her mom, and I are going to the strawberry festival not far from my house. Other than that, I really really really need to start going through stuff around here. These next 3 months are going to fly by and are super busy already :shrug So that's the extent of my weekend plans. I do have some laundry to get done and I'd like to fit in some crafting :xfin

Joanne - Enjoy your mani/pedi this AM and getting your AC later :yay:clap

Beth - Have fun at your meetup and :xfin you make it to the pool. It may be chilly now, but by high noon, I'm sure it'll be decent swimming weather (or sitting by the pool crocheting weather :devil ) :lol

Had a wonderful mani/pedi- and did my toes in blue (shower next Saturday)- first time I've done a 'non-traditional' color and I love it!!!

Met a friend for lunch while DH was home supervising the AC workers- then I went grocery shopping and to ACMoore to get some stuff for the tote swap. Came home, the AC and new furnace all installed! They did a great job- and cleaned up everything so nicely- very impressed- and the AC works great- even if it really isn't hot out- I can tell the difference right away by the amount of air blowing out the vents!!!!

Hope you all had a good day!

:yay Joanne, sounds like a fun day

Well, after my oil change, I started going through some books to sort out. Mary and her mom came and we went to the strawberry festival where there were NO strawberries :eek All I wanted was a piece of strawberry shortcake :( So, we walked through what little was there and went to a near by diner for lunch, which was yummy :yes Then we went to Fashion Bug, Ashley Stewart, and WalMart. Her mom needs new shorts and capris and we found some for her today :clap I got a pair of shoes and a halter top at fashion bug and a pile of stuff at walmart, including my 2nd item for my office....clip boards :lol There was some in clear colors on clearance for 50 cents so I grabbed about 10 of them :yes

I'm debating on heading out to coldstome to get sometihing tasty to fill the void of my strawberry shortcake :lol We'll see if the spirit moves me, but it probably will since I have to go play my numbers anyway and since I'll be out of the house already......well, that's the hard part :lol

:hi again everyone!

I hope you are having a good weekend.

To answer your questions, DD is very excited about the baby. They will be almost 7 years apart, so it will be good to have a big helper around the house. I'm not sure yet if we'll find out the sex of the baby. I didn't with my first, always said I would if I had a 2nd, but now that I'm pregnant I'm not sure I want to know. :shrug

I just did groceries and some cooking today. We had a nasty thunder storm here this morning.

Congratulations, Colleen!!! :cheer:cheer How exciting! And even better that dd is excited. That will help a ton. :yes And congrats on negotiating the contract with your employer. :hug

Marisa, good luck sorting through your things. We move in August and I haven't started cleaning or anything yet, either. Sounds like you're getting some good deals on supplies for your new office. :yay

Joanne, how fun to have your toenails painted blue for the shower. :manyheart Hip, hip, hooray for new A/C!!! :cheer

Leeann, hope all is good in your end of the world. :manyheart

Sarah, I hope your visit with Keith was fun! :hug:hug

So, guess what? I got a job!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer It is the one from the job fair. I am so excited. We took the girls to Knott's last night after school and the HR woman called on the way there, asking if I was still interested. So I had orientation today. Will have it tomorrow, too, until my soc. final, then Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I will have to be there at 6 a.m. to help them set the merchandise and all. Store opens on Thursday and I will start my regular shift, which is nights (so we don't have to pay for daycare.) I am SO excited- I can't wait until our finances are straightened out and we can start looking for our own place. Guess I am getting ahead of myself, though. :rofl

Oh, we also received some news about my old-man friend, too- He went for a cardiology exam on Thursday and was immediately admitted to the hospital to have an endoplasty b/c of two 99% blockages. :( Thankfully it was found in time to prevent heart attack, but he is on bedrest now and several medications. Dh and I will go visit him tomorrow if we can find a sitter.

Well, it is bedtime, this week is going to be long and hectic so I need to make sure everyone gets to bed on time. Night!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

HI All!

So sorry that I have been gone, yet again! Friday I spent the day sewing and crafting. I finished the second tote. I lined the inside and added zippers. If I do say so myself, thet came out really cool. I made another one today with a black and white fabric. Black with white flowers, lined it in white, my loved it so I gave it to her.:manyheart My little brother came over yesterday to spend the weekend with the kiddos, together we spent the morning at the Summer Fest. Fun times, they had a great band.

Colleen-Congratulations!:hug:hug So happy for you! So glad to hear that you found a job that works well with your schedule.

Joanne-oh so happy for you dear friend! AC! yippeee skippy! The pattern that I am using for the totes can be found at Wal-mart and Joanne's. I bet you could make a few totes:hugBlue toes sound :manyheart how fun!

Marisa-so sorry that you did not find strawberries, did you end up getting something sweet? Great find on the clip boards too! your office is going to be ready. :hug

Beth-how was your meet up today? Did you get to the fair? Hope so!

Tomorrow we are going to the in-laws for lunch, I bought fabric with butteflies on it, hoping to make another tote before Monday...but am not sure if I will have time. Best get myself to bed.

Hugs n squishes!

Leeann, you are on a roll! I bet that black and white one is so pretty! Are you planning to sell them in your Etsy shop? Or are they gifts?

Thanks. No, I will only be working until 10 or 10:30. I could not do overnights after dealing with the girls all day. LoL This company seems very fast-paced- I'm sure I can keep up but it's a little scary getting back into the workforce when I've been out for almost 10 years.

Good morning!!!!

Colleen- I'm so happy that your DD is so excited about the upcoming new brother or sister! She is probably going to be a great help to you!!! I never knew what I was having- I opted to have it be a surprise- the anticipation kind of got me through at the end of my pregnancy's. My DD and SIL wanted to know what they were having- and now his room is all ready for a little boy! Personal preference for sure! Hope you are feeling good and I'm so glad you've been stopping in!

Stacy:clap:cheer:clap for getting a job!!! I take it you won't be going to school in the summer? Will you continue to work in the fall too? You are going to do great!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!! When my girls were about your girls age, I worked in the evenings too- so that we didn't have to pay childcare either. Good luck on your Soc final- I'm sure you'll ACE it!!!! I;m praying for your old man friend:hug

LeeAnn- WTG on those totes!!! I probably could make them, with a little help from my DD- but putting in a zipper? I haven't done that in about 30 years!!!:eek Love black/white and the butterfly one you are going to make sounds really neat! Have a fun day today!

Beth- Did you make it to the Blackbeard Festival? It was definitely too cool for swimming here yesterday- but no complaints on that front for sure!!! And now that I have my new furnace and AC I'm ready for any weather! Hope you enjoyed your time with your IRL friend!!!

Marisa- What a bummer going to a Strawberry Festival that had no strawberries!!! Doesn't seem right somehow! Did you opt to go out for some Cold Stone? I had a bowl of ice-cream last night- coffee, of course:lol

Hope you all have a good Sunday!!!

Marisa, good luck sorting through your things. We move in August and I haven't started cleaning or anything yet, either. Sounds like you're getting some good deals on supplies for your new office. :yay

So, guess what? I got a job!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer It is the one from the job fair. I am so excited. We took the girls to Knott's last night after school and the HR woman called on the way there, asking if I was still interested. So I had orientation today. Will have it tomorrow, too, until my soc. final, then Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I will have to be there at 6 a.m. to help them set the merchandise and all. Store opens on Thursday and I will start my regular shift, which is nights (so we don't have to pay for daycare.) I am SO excited- I can't wait until our finances are straightened out and we can start looking for our own place. Guess I am getting ahead of myself, though. :rofl

Oh, we also received some news about my old-man friend, too- He went for a cardiology exam on Thursday and was immediately admitted to the hospital to have an endoplasty b/c of two 99% blockages. :( Thankfully it was found in time to prevent heart attack, but he is on bedrest now and several medications. Dh and I will go visit him tomorrow if we can find a sitter.

Well, it is bedtime, this week is going to be long and hectic so I need to make sure everyone gets to bed on time. Night!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Congrats Stacy :yay:hug You'll do fine getting back into work and on your soc. final :cheer Good idea getting a shift to prevent paying for child care.

HI All!

So sorry that I have been gone, yet again! Friday I spent the day sewing and crafting. I finished the second tote. I lined the inside and added zippers. If I do say so myself, thet came out really cool. I made another one today with a black and white fabric. Black with white flowers, lined it in white, my loved it so I gave it to her.:manyheart My little brother came over yesterday to spend the weekend with the kiddos, together we spent the morning at the Summer Fest. Fun times, they had a great band.

Marisa-so sorry that you did not find strawberries, did you end up getting something sweet? Great find on the clip boards too! your office is going to be ready. :hug

Tomorrow we are going to the in-laws for lunch, I bought fabric with butteflies on it, hoping to make another tote before Monday...but am not sure if I will have time. Best get myself to bed.

Hugs n squishes!

WTG on those totes LeeAnn :yay Do you have them up on your Etsy site yet, or am I jumping the gun :lol I went to get some ice cream at Cold Stone :D

Good morning!!!!

Marisa- What a bummer going to a Strawberry Festival that had no strawberries!!! Doesn't seem right somehow! Did you opt to go out for some Cold Stone? I had a bowl of ice-cream last night- coffee, of course:lol

Hope you all have a good Sunday!!!

You said it, that's exactly how I feel :( I got a strawberry banana rendezvous....it was a vanilla type ice cream (don't remember exactly which one, they have so many) with strawberries, bananas, white chocolate chips, and graham crackers :drool It sure was quite yummy.

:hi again everyone!

I hope you are having a good weekend.

To answer your questions, DD is very excited about the baby. They will be almost 7 years apart, so it will be good to have a big helper around the house. I'm not sure yet if we'll find out the sex of the baby. I didn't with my first, always said I would if I had a 2nd, but now that I'm pregnant I'm not sure I want to know. :shrug

I just did groceries and some cooking today. We had a nasty thunder storm here this morning.

Glad to hear that dd is excited about the new baby :yay:clap

Hello everyone,

Happy gray, rainy Sunday to you! Honestly, I love this weather, as long as I can stay home and enjoy it.

Stacy, congrats on the new job. I hope you love it! Make sure you get enough rest during the day. Will you continue to take college courses, too?

Colleen, Your life sounds very exciting right now. Do you have to do much to your home to prepare it for a second child? It must be nice to have such a big helper around the house, and your dd sounds like a very sweet child. How are you enjoying working?

Marisa, I keep saying I'm going to go strawberry picking with my dd, but we never make it to the fields. I love strawberry short cake. We make a jelly roll type cake, fill it with vanilla ice cream, and top it with strawberries and whipped cream. Wanna know why I'm fat? LOL

LeeAnn, so proud of your sewing! You have so many talents. I'm just a tad envious, but if I could sew totes, my house would be full of them. I'm such an addict.

Joanne, How are you and your blue toenails? That is so neat that you painted your nails in honor of the baby shower. Congrats on the new heat/AC. I would love to modernize my house.

Hugs to everyone :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug I hope you have a great day!

I enjoyed some quiet time while DD was sleeping and took the baby RR I'm making for a co-worker outside on the deck with my cup of coffee. I figure I have about 5-6 more rounds to do, but I'm itching to go back to making totes!!!

Morning friends!

how is everyone today?

Beth-a gray day sounds like perfect crocheting weather. :manyheart Your strawberry shortcake sounds delicious! I thought of you yesterday, we have these potatoe chips that are made here in Boulder CO, they are glutten free and oh so yummy! they are called Boulder Canyon Natural Foods. They are kettle cooked and come in a variety of flavors. You can also print a coupon off the net for a $1.00 off two. Do you have a King Soopers/City Market where you live? They usually have them on sale. Thought I would share.

Joanne-sitting on the deck enjoying a cup of coffee is a great idea. I haven't had my coffee today. And coffee ice cream, now that's just awesome! :D

Marisa-will it be more packing today? Have you had a chance to work on your sweater? I will be adding the totes as soon as I can get them sewn up to the site. I hope they sell.:lol

Stacy-so happy for you and the new job! I bet your family is excited!

Colleen-that is so sweet that your dd can be such a big helper.

Best get my tush in gear and jump in the shower so that we can get ready for the drive.

hugs n squishes!

Beth - FAT :eek I always liked to call myself 'fluffy' :lol

Joanne - :yay for working on the rr.

LeeAnn - I don't feel like I've done anything yet today, but the 2nd load of laundry is in now :yes I'm about to make a trip to the dumpster and then I'm going to cut some mint and make a mojito :drool Then I should go through some more things, but will probable pull out some yarn for my next sbt :lol

Beth - FAT :eek I always liked to call myself 'fluffy' :lol

Joanne - :yay for working on the rr.

LeeAnn - I don't feel like I've done anything yet today, but the 2nd load of laundry is in now :yes I'm about to make a trip to the dumpster and then I'm going to cut some mint and make a mojito :drool Then I should go through some more things, but will probable pull out some yarn for my next sbt :lol

Enjoy that mojito!!!! I've been sewing lining in totes today!!! I'd much rather be :crocheting but DD is cracking the whip (and she's helping me so I'd better get back to the sewing)

Enjoy that mojito!!!! I've been sewing lining in totes today!!! I'd much rather be :crocheting but DD is cracking the whip (and she's helping me so I'd better get back to the sewing)

WTG to dd for cracking the whip :rofl giver her a :h5 for me :wink

We had a fun day together- all the totes have lining- some are sewn in- the top part that you do by hand! They look great with the lining and it feels awesome to have some Christmas gifts finished!!!

Hope you all had a great day- it's time for me to head upstairs!

Evenin All!

Thought I would pop in to see how everyone is doing.

Marisa-I have never had a mojito before, but it sounds yummy. I would rather crochet than pack.:devil

Joanne-wtg on the lining! you sure are on the ball! Glad that your dd can visit and help at the same time.

Beth-you are not fat, I like to call myself Juicy. :lol

had a good day at the inlaws, we also drove up to a camp site to scout it out. We are planning a camping trip towards the end of July, my sis and her family will be going with us. I can't wait!

Didn't get a chance to sew today but am working on a purse for the swap.

Tomorrow it is back to work for me until the end of October, so excited but a bit nervous. Will let you all know how it goes.

have a good night friends! hugs n squishes!

Good morning, and pass the coffee!!! 4:45 sure felt early today.

I hope you all have a good Monday. It's going to be a long one for me, starting with the cat care, going through cleaning a very messy house, running to the store I really don't enjoy going to, and tutoring, then working in the evening.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Archived