Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

top of the morning friends!

Oh Joanne and Marisa-how fun to meet! I so wish I lived closer. Will you all be working on new projects?

Beth-you were extremely productive yesterday! I need energy. Will you be taking ds to swimming today?

I slept late and still feel tired, yesterday after work I stopped and got a hair cut, shorter but love it! My hair grows extremely fast, more than 2 inches in two months. I just do not have the time to mess with it so early in the morning. Also came home had dinner then the whole family went with me to grocery shop...:-)))))

Dh and ds are up on top of the world! Lol they are hauling wood for the winter. Dd and I are supposed to be cleaning but I am going to get at least and hour of hook time in before I do anything, I need it.

BBL! hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

I had a great time at the meet up and it was great to see Marisa in her new "do" up close and personal-:lol It looks great!!!! I started making a hook case at the meet up- and haven't touched it since.

DH and I ran lots of errands today and then went out to dinner. I'm getting ready to read a little and then calling it a night. Tomorrow there is nothing on the agenda other than some grocery shopping (which will be done EARLY) and then it's crochet time!!!!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!:hug

howdy do ladies!

Joanne-so glad that you had a great time at your meetup. That must have been awesome! The new hook case sounds cool. I am still plugging away on my tote/purse, seems like I will never finish.

Today we are going to the Great Sand Dunes, it should be fun, dirty, sandy and wet...all the components for a great time!

Tomorrow I have my sewing class from 6-9, will probably not make it in, but wanted to wish you all a Happy Father's Day and Happy Monday!

hugs n squishes!

Can't believe the weekend is almost over:( The fun times just fly by!!!

LeeAnn- The great sand dunes sound like they are lots of fun and have a great time at your sewing class tomorrow night!! You were able to find sewing classes really quick- I looked and don't see any that are offered nearby- but until I get a sewing machine- it's really not that big of a deal- :lol

Hope everyone had a great day. I am doing a little :crocheting and I did finish my swap partners *****~~

Happy Monday! (well as Happy as a Monday can be anyway)

Stacy- How is the packing and the job going? How is Mia? You must be getting excited for your upcoming cruise!!!!

Beth- How was your weekend? What special little things did your inventions do for DH for Father's Day?

Marisa- You only have a 4 day week! But it sure is a busy one! Hope you were able to get a good night's sleep!!!

LeeAnn- How was the Sand Dunes place? Bet the kiddies had fun!

Colleen- Thinking about you and hope all is going well with the pregnancy and that you are feeling good!!

LeaAnne- Not sure if you lurk here anymore- but thinking about you---are you heading to Cape Cod this summer at all?

Mary- Haven't heard from you in a while- hope all is well in God's country. Did you go to the craft fair yet?

Off to get ready for Paradise. Have a good day!

Thanks Joanne, I actually slep great last night :clap

Nothing new to report here, just enjoying my coffee before getting ready for work :coffee I got a thank you note from my cousin yesterday for the baby blanket I sent our for her new baby boy, the one I made the nine patch for....it's a while ago i shared that pic. Anyway, it had a picture of him, Westin, with the blanket propped up against in on the arm of the sofa. Really really is a peanut, but oh so adorable :D Surely put a smile on my face last night :yes

Have a wonderful day ladies and hopefully I'll get in later :hug

HIya friends!

Joanne-hope your day in Paradise is nothing but awesomeness! Monday are difficult, I keep thinking to myself, just one more day...I am soo excited about the sewing class. I had stopped at one of our local fabric shops and was chatting with the clerk about zippers, she pulled out a class schedule. Wow! It is really inexpensive. $10, couldn't turn it down even tho it will make it for a very long day. The Dunes were fun, windy and sandy, but fun. We hiked up to Zapata Falls, whew! Almost didn't make it!:lol

Marisa-a four day week sounds :c9 have a great one!

Getting ready to head out the door but wanted to make a quick stop in. Beth, Sarah, and Stacy-hope your day is filled with sunshine!

hugs n squishes!

Hooray! It's raining!!! It's cool and less humid -- I can take that.

I'm sorry I haven't been on-line. Lots going on. My oldest ds is officially a homeschool graduate. We went out to dinner with his girlfriend to celebrate. Never go to a restaurant on Father's Day without reservations. It was almost an hour wait. Oh well. The food was good, and so was the company.

Joanne, I hope your Monday flies by.

LeeAnn, I hope you enjoy your sewing class. That is a very good deal.

Marisa, enjoy your 4 day week.

Stacy, are you taking it easy now?

I am almost done with the sweater for my dd. I should grab her now to figure out the buttons/button holes. She's really picky about that. She's very modest, and wants the buttons pretty high, even though it's worn over clothes. It's made so the buttons would be halfway down her torso. That simply will not do! I also need to get pockets figured out, since that's the entire purpose of this sweater.

Have a good one! :ghug

Hi all!

Whew- have been so busy! Friday morning I went to pick up my check and was asked to come in for the afternoon. So we had Mia's kinder graduation in the morning, then took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese, then I went to work until 10. Saturday was a scheduled work day, so I was there until 6, then they asked if I could come on Sunday, too. I didn't really want to :blush but went from 12 until 7. I picked up Panda Express on my way home, though- Jorge's Father's Day request. :lol

Today I am off, so Eva and I did some grocery shopping and picked up the toiletry items for the cruise. :manyheart I am SO excited!!! :D I still need to print the luggage tags and pay the credit card, so we have spending $$. :lol Tomorrow, I need to make a list of things for the girls to take with them, and call the dr. office to see what kind of paper I need to leave with Jorge's aunt and mom, in case of emergencies. They are each taking the girls for 3 days.

Leeann, how fun that you are taking a sewing class! And $10 really is inexpensive for a class. Out here, they are around $20. Enjoy!

Beth, :cheer:cheer for your son! An hour wait for a restaurant is crazy! That is why we don't go out on holidays. LoL Glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Good luck with the sweater. Your dd sounds like a very modest young woman. My Isabella is like that- she does not like skin to show- I'm praying she will stay that way forever!

Marisa, how sweet that your cousin sent you a thank you note with a photo of the baby. :manyheart

Joanne, sounds like you are having lots of fun with the swap. Will you post pictures after your partner receives it? :D

Oh, guess what? Isabella's team won the championship this season! :clap:cheer Unfortunately, I was at work, so I missed the game, :( but Jorge said she was the goalie for the entire second half, and she stopped the other team from scoring twice! :yay Their banquet is Saturday afternoon, though, so I will definitely be there for that. I can't wait to see them get the trophy- they played hard and totally deserve it. :manyheart

Well, Eva is waiting for lunch, so that is all the news from here today! Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Beth- Congrats to your DS!!!!:yay Sorry you had to wait an hr for dinner- but I'm sure it was worth it- like you said- you were in good company!!! So is your DS all ready to start classes at college? Is he still going for nursing?

Stacy- Wow- you sure have been busy- the cruise is going to be such a welcome break from all that is going on!!! WTG to Isabella and her team!!! :clap AWESOMENESS!!!! Have fun at the awards dinner!!!! And, yes, I'll post pics- after my partner receives what I've made;)

LeeAnn- $10 for lessons is so cheap! Hope you had fun tonight!!!:manyheart

Marisa- 3 more days to go till you head back out to Pitt!! I've got 4 days till I'm off!!!:yay

HIya friends!

Marisa-a four day week sounds :c9 have a great one!

Getting ready to head out the door but wanted to make a quick stop in. Beth, Sarah, and Stacy-hope your day is filled with sunshine!

hugs n squishes!

And it can't come soon enough....I have so much to get done this week too :sigh

Hooray! It's raining!!! It's cool and less humid -- I can take that.

I'm sorry I haven't been on-line. Lots going on. My oldest ds is officially a homeschool graduate. We went out to dinner with his girlfriend to celebrate. Never go to a restaurant on Father's Day without reservations. It was almost an hour wait. Oh well. The food was good, and so was the company.

Marisa, enjoy your 4 day week.

I am almost done with the sweater for my dd. I should grab her now to figure out the buttons/button holes. She's really picky about that. She's very modest, and wants the buttons pretty high, even though it's worn over clothes. It's made so the buttons would be halfway down her torso. That simply will not do! I also need to get pockets figured out, since that's the entire purpose of this sweater.

Have a good one! :ghug

:yay congrat's to ds :clap My mom refuses to go out to eat on father's day and mother's day for that reason :yes Did you get dd's buttons figured out?

Hi all!

Whew- have been so busy! Friday morning I went to pick up my check and was asked to come in for the afternoon. So we had Mia's kinder graduation in the morning, then took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese, then I went to work until 10. Saturday was a scheduled work day, so I was there until 6, then they asked if I could come on Sunday, too. I didn't really want to :blush but went from 12 until 7. I picked up Panda Express on my way home, though- Jorge's Father's Day request. :lol

Today I am off, so Eva and I did some grocery shopping and picked up the toiletry items for the cruise. :manyheart I am SO excited!!! :D I still need to print the luggage tags and pay the credit card, so we have spending $$. :lol Tomorrow, I need to make a list of things for the girls to take with them, and call the dr. office to see what kind of paper I need to leave with Jorge's aunt and mom, in case of emergencies. They are each taking the girls for 3 days.

Marisa, how sweet that your cousin sent you a thank you note with a photo of the baby. :manyheart

Oh, guess what? Isabella's team won the championship this season! :clap:cheer Unfortunately, I was at work, so I missed the game, :( but Jorge said she was the goalie for the entire second half, and she stopped the other team from scoring twice! :yay Their banquet is Saturday afternoon, though, so I will definitely be there for that. I can't wait to see them get the trophy- they played hard and totally deserve it. :manyheart

Well, Eva is waiting for lunch, so that is all the news from here today! Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug

WOW, you sure have been busy :eek You have the cruise to look forward to though :clap and :yay for isabella's team :h5

Marisa- 3 more days to go till you head back out to Pitt!! I've got 4 days till I'm off!!!:yay

It can't come fast enough right now :sigh

Good morning! The bed grabbed me when I tried to make it this morning, pinned me down in that vortex of extra-strong gravity that surrounds it, and held me there for hours! It was horrible... OK, it was wonderful, and I enjoyed every minute of it! And I feel somewhat energetic now. It may be that it's cool outside, too. No a/c needed here right now!

Marisa, It sounds like you could use a break. Are you taking a vacation any time soon?

Joanne, I hope your week flies by.

Stacy, very smart to check with the doctor to see what is needed for someone else to bring your child. I hope it's not needed, but it's like an umbrella -- carry one, and it doesn't rain. It sounds like work is keeping you busy. How do you like it?

LeeAnn, sounds like work is keeping you busy, too. Do you have time to do any crafting when you get home?

I have the buttons on the sweater, and now I'm working on the pockets. I think I'll frog what I've done so far, though and make them a bit bigger. I need to stop sitting in front of the computer, and get something done on them.

Have a good one!

Good morning! The bed grabbed me when I tried to make it this morning, pinned me down in that vortex of extra-strong gravity that surrounds it, and held me there for hours! It was horrible... OK, it was wonderful, and I enjoyed every minute of it! And I feel somewhat energetic now. It may be that it's cool outside, too. No a/c needed here right now!

Marisa, It sounds like you could use a break. Are you taking a vacation any time soon?

Joanne, I hope your week flies by.

Stacy, very smart to check with the doctor to see what is needed for someone else to bring your child. I hope it's not needed, but it's like an umbrella -- carry one, and it doesn't rain. It sounds like work is keeping you busy. How do you like it?

LeeAnn, sounds like work is keeping you busy, too. Do you have time to do any crafting when you get home?

I have the buttons on the sweater, and now I'm working on the pockets. I think I'll frog what I've done so far, though and make them a bit bigger. I need to stop sitting in front of the computer, and get something done on them.

Have a good one!

No real vaca til august :eek I have quite a bit of time off over the next 2 months, but mostly for doing office stuff and the family reunion, which won't be a vaca :lol I'm going to the beach with the fam the week after my last day of work :yay:clap

Evenin all!

Beth-you lucky duck! my bed tries to make me stay in it longer...to no avail. :lolI am glad that you had cooler weather and could relax a bit. Soo happy for your ds! Congratulations to him!:hug:hug

Marisa-sounds like the next two months will be super duper busy. Hugs n squishes!:hug:hug

Joanne-How was Paradise? I hope it went well. It wil be Wed by the time you read this. yippeee!:cheer:cheer

Stacy-good idea about the dr.s office and such.:hug

Work has been busy, we are on our last leg of training, can ya all believe we are still training? I am ready to poke my eyeballs out! We have been going into the center from 7:30-8:45 then training till 4 or 5. Makes it for a very loooong day!

I loved my sewing class, I took a pic of the small bag that I made, it is not perfect but I did learn how to properly install a zipper and how to use iron on batting.

Best get my tush to bed, 5:15 rolls around way to quickly!

hugs n squishes dear friends!

post-33271-135897668937_thumb.jpg

Happy Hump Day!

LeeAnn- I love the little bag you made at your sewing class--and love the fabric you used!! It sounds like a lot of fun- and back in the day I had learned how to put a zipper in- and when I say back in the day- I mean back in the day!:lol Don't think I'd remember how- but with someone showing me, could probably do it. When will the training be over?

Beth- Oh, I love how the vortex of gravity pulled you back into the bed!!! It's starting to get hot/humid up here- and they are saying we should be getting some thunder boomers today and the rest of the week. I don't do humid very well!!!

Can't wait to read that you have finished your DD's sweater- she is going to adore it I'm sure!!! Have you made any progress on the stadium blankets?

Marisa- Hump Day- and only one more after today and you will have survived your busy week and will be on the way to Pitt:)

Stacy- smart thinking to find out what your relatives have to do in case of emergency- I think I just had to sign a note giving said person permission to act on my behalf in case of emergency when my DD's were younger - but that was many moons ago! How's the job going? And how is Mia?

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne- sending warm thoughts your way (or should I say cool thoughts since it's summer?)

Hugs to all!

Good morning,

It's smokey here -- from swamp fires in North Carolina. So my allergies are all over the place.

I finished the sweater!!! Now I'm concentrating on the stadium blankets. I decided not to just do lumberjack, mostly because I don't like the way the strips look when I sew them together -- I'm not good at sewing, if you haven't been paying attention. So I'm making stripes with the two strands on the Redskin one I'm working on. I have a pattern for a 5-point start that I'm going to make for the Cowboys. I will start that one while working on this one, since this one is really boring (just dc, switching colors every 5 or 8 rows.) In hopes that I will make more progress if I have something more fun to work on.

Joanne, humidity doesn't like me, either. When I first moved here, someone told me it's the armpit of the country -- hot and sticky. It is. I really miss Ohio during the summer.

Marisa, your work week is almost over! I hope your day goes well.

LeeAnn, great job on the bag. I never got the hang of zippers, but I never had real classes. You did a good job picking fabric. You have artistic flare.

Stacy, I hope everyone is well. have fun preparing for the cruise.

Back to the stadium blankets...

Good morning ladies :hi

Another late one last night, it was pushing 1:30 again and still have tonight to go and then algebra will be done for this term. Hopefully, tonights will go a little quickly :xfin

I did get a little bit of cleaning done last night and a couple boxes packed while Mary worked her math problems. And, still have turtle filter troubles :( Have to call Petco today :sigh

Evenin all!

Marisa-sounds like the next two months will be super duper busy. Hugs n squishes!:hug:hug

Work has been busy, we are on our last leg of training, can ya all believe we are still training? I am ready to poke my eyeballs out! We have been going into the center from 7:30-8:45 then training till 4 or 5. Makes it for a very loooong day!

I loved my sewing class, I took a pic of the small bag that I made, it is not perfect but I did learn how to properly install a zipper and how to use iron on batting.

Best get my tush to bed, 5:15 rolls around way to quickly!

hugs n squishes dear friends!

Thanks LeeAnn, love your little bag :manyheart it's totally awesome!!!!

Good morning,

It's smokey here -- from swamp fires in North Carolina. So my allergies are all over the place.

I finished the sweater!!! Now I'm concentrating on the stadium blankets. I decided not to just do lumberjack, mostly because I don't like the way the strips look when I sew them together -- I'm not good at sewing, if you haven't been paying attention. So I'm making stripes with the two strands on the Redskin one I'm working on. I have a pattern for a 5-point start that I'm going to make for the Cowboys. I will start that one while working on this one, since this one is really boring (just dc, switching colors every 5 or 8 rows.) In hopes that I will make more progress if I have something more fun to work on.

Marisa, your work week is almost over! I hope your day goes well.

Back to the stadium blankets...

Do we get pics of the sweater? :devil Good idea to reward yourself with something fun to work on to break up the tedious project. I need to start doing that with the stained glass ghan I started last year and then cast aside. I want the finished product, but it's all sc :eek so, I just keep doing other stuff :yes:lol

Happy Hump Day!

Marisa- Hump Day- and only one more after today and you will have survived your busy week and will be on the way to Pitt:)

Hugs to all!

:yay for Hump day! I hope the day goes quickly today :xfin I'm thinking I might try to schedule up an appt for this weekend with some guy that emailed me back yesterday from a company. I looked at alot yesterday and just don't remember what listings I came across on the computer to associate to this guy though and probably won't be able to figure it out. So I figured it doesn't hurt to meet up and see what he got. I'll have to go google the company at least and see what's going on :think

Morning Sunshine!

Marisa-you sure did have a late night! Mary is so blessed to have a friend help her, I like Math but have to refresh my memory before starting anything.:lol I hope that you can meet up with the guy that emailed you, that would be perfecto!

Joanne-I bet you could sew, I know it! :D Thank you for the compliments on the bag, I started another one during class on Monday night but haven't had a chance to work on it. I also finished my tote/purse for the swap last night, I feel so accomplished. :P Will get it in the mail by Friday. Have you already sent yours out?

Beth-you are on a roll! Can't wait to see pics! The stadium ghans are going to be so lovely! You do excellent work!

Stacy-when will you leave for your cruise?

Today is the last day of training! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheerI think I can, I think I can. We have a late start today, didn't go in to the center-it was wonderful to sleep in an hour later. Thank you all for the lovely compliments on the little bag, can't wait to make more!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go!

hugs n squisherrrrssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hi all!

Can I just say for a wee tiny second how wiped out I am? :yawn I am very thankful to have a job, and for my vacation and the move, but- everyday there is something to do! :eek Last night I worked until almost 11- supposed to be out at 10 but there were only 3 people closing the store last night, so we had a lot to clean. Plus one of the doors wouldn't lock completely, so we fiddled with that for almost 1/2 hour.

Anyway...this morning I have laundry to do, then Mia has her 6- year check-up, and we are signing our lease! :cheer:clap:yay:woo We can't officially start moving until the 1st, but we are getting the keys today. :manyheart *insert deep, contented sigh of relief* :D

Marisa, good luck with the guy today! Sorry to hear you're still having filter troubles- that is odd. :think I hope you can get it figured out.

Beth, yikes @ your allergies! I woke up yesterday and my eyes were gooped shut, and when I finally got them clean, they were so swollen. :think I hope you're feeling better soon. :hug:hug Do you take allergy meds?

Leeann, your tote is so cute!! Great work! Training sounds grueling, but it will be worth it when you are all set to go! :yes

Joanne, how goes it, my friend? What are you working on these days? As for the emergency cards- I usually just leave a signed note, but my understanding is that phone reception on the boat is spotty at best, sometimes absolutely not there- and there will be 3 different people watching the girls, so I want to be sure we are covered. :yes Mia has her check-up today, so we will figure out where to go with her ears from there. She still hasn't had the hearing test because she has had back-to-back infections since I received the referral, so we will have to wait a couple weeks for that.

Well, I am off. Love and hugs!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Beth- WTG on finishing DD's sweater- would love to see a picture!!

LeeAnn- You made it through training by the time you read this!!!! Bet you are very happy about that! I've finished making my swap partners tote/purse/whatever but haven't yet mailed it. I'm thinking of possibly waiting till I get back from Boston (may just pick up a little something from Beantown to throw in the package).

Stacy- YOu must be on cloud nine- getting the keys to the apt today !!! Roomie situation is almost a thing of the past!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! I have been making some little coffee cup cozy's- and finished up making a little something for my swap partner to go with the tote/purse/whatever it is I made her. Can't say now, will when she receives the package. Also started another stash buster tote for Tammy here on the ville--a friend of theirs lost their son three days after graduation and they are having a fundraiser/auction to help offset all the medical costs etc. Doing it in the HS colors of Delft blue and soft white. Hoping to get that finished and out in the mail.

Marisa- Your "Friday" is here!!! Hope Mary did well on the exam and that you were able to figure out the turtle filter.

I had my hair appt last night and got rid of the grays and got a trim- didn't get home until a little after 8!!!

Gotta run- I have to leave work early today- my brand new central AC is making loud noises and the guy is coming today between 3-5 ---can't believe it's only been 3 weeks since it was put in and already something is wrong!!! Oh, well, hopefully it'll be fixed today- thank goodness it still works!

Have a good day!

Good morning. It actually IS Thursday today, right? I was SO sure that yesterday was Thursday, I almost took my dd to dance at the wrong time.

Yesterday was exciting for me. You know I work at a ballet studio, but the only dance I ever did in my whole life was a jazzercise class in college. Well, yesterday, I changed that. I took my first ever ballet class. I am feeling like I worked out in my legs. I can't wait for next week, to do it again. As a matter of fact, my dd may be helping me do a warmup every day, so I learn some of the moves, and so I get a little more strength.

Joanne, when you read this, you'll practically be at TGIF! I hope your day goes by quickly. Can't wait to hear what you made your swap partner. I've seen your work -- it is lovely I'm sure.

Marisa, end of the week!!! I know you are glad to see the weekend come. I hope you have a good one.

LeeAnn, is training over? Did you survive? So how will you job go, day to day?

Stacy, I hope they aren't working you too much. It is so exciting to get your keys to your new, roomie and Terror-free place. good luck with the vacation preparations.

Back to the stadium blanket!

:hug:hug:hugMorning friends!

Should I say Top of the Morning!!!!! so excited, training is officially over!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer Today will start the official day of me managing teachers, we have a short meeting set up, classroom cleaning for them as well as home visits and such.

Joanne-I keep thinking of goodies to add to my package too! Hmmm...I really wanted to mail it out this week but may wait until Monday so that I can make some more "$%&*" to go with it. :devil Have a great trip in Beantown!

Beth-wtg taking dance/ballet! how fun! Can't wait to see pics of the sweater.

Marisa-have a wonderful last day of the work week!

Stacy-ooohhh laaaa laaaa! Keys!!!! How divine, you are going to be soo excited!

gosh, look at the time, must run, hugs n squishes dear besties!

Archived