Some good clean fun?!

Good morning ladies :hi

It's feeling like a friday to me and it's going to throw me off all day :eek:lol

Joanne - :yay for finding some good buys. If my sixers lose these next 2 games, then they're done for the season :(

Beth - :yay I hope the past 3 weeks went quick for you and yep, you want everything done when he gets back because you won't want to have anything to do but cuddle up :wink My laptop did come not, but not immediately. So, I did start a sleeve for my sweater and I mean just like 3 rows :lol When the computer came on, I did some mapping :yes

Have a great day everyone. I may be back before I leave for work, but probably not until tomorrow morning.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goood Morning!

Joanne-that is awesome that you were able to get shirts for work using a coupon. Have you seen the show Extreme Couponing on the TLC channel? I can't believe it! It is pretty amazing. I hope that you get off work today on time, do you have to work tomorrow?

Mary-WTG on those sweaters!:cheer:cheer:cheer Your hooks are smoking!

Marisa-my laptop has a mind of it's own too. :yes Hope your sixers win tonight!

Beth-wooohooooo!!!!! Dh is coming home! I am sure you are super excited! WTG on all the cleaning. Seems like it is never done. Awesome!

Yesterday was Early Realease, so had to pick the kiddos up early then ran a couple of errands. My friend Rose came over in the afternoon, we visited while I made the camo soap. It was extremely time consuming as you have to squirt each color then let it set before you add the next color..but the results are pretty cool. I also did a little bit of updating to my etsy shop, still have a few more items to add, but will get to that today or tomorrow.

the kiddos have a four day weekend, they are super excited. Better get them out the door . BBL!

hugs n squishes!

Wow LeeAnn, you really have alot on your etsy page now :yay:clap I need to find time to really go through it :yes I know I'm going to order some candles.....just not sure when :shrug

Have a great day everyone and I'm out until tomorrow :hug

Hi all!

I've opened the reply window like 3 times in the past few days, but something always comes up before I can type! :lol

Leeann, your camo soaps are awesome!!!

Marisa, your mapping sounds like a ton of work! But I'm sure it's very worth it in the end. :yes LoL @ "only 3 rows." That's more hookin' than I've done!

Beth, :clap for one more day!! It's so sweet that you are cleaning to get everything ready for your hubby to come home. Did you wake the kiddos? Oh and your afghan is beautiful!!!

Joanne, :clap for using coupons for your work shirts. I'm dying to see that show, Extreme Couponing. I actually liked the Krazy Coupon Lady's FB page, and she has some good deals on there! :lol At Rite Aid the other day, there was a woman in front of me at the check-out with 2 whole boxes full of ThermaCare heat patches and a handful of coupons. I don't think the people in line behind me were too thrilled with her. :lol

Mia and I had a bunch of fun at the farm. It was really neat to see all of the animals- we even got to hold a baby goat. :manyheart So sweet. Yesterday we went to the mall with our new friends, and her kids were so bad that we ended up leaving. :blush They were hitting each other and ran into someone in a wheelchair. So we decided to skip lunch and went to the park for a picnic instead. Then we came home and just hung out for the rest of the night. Today I am babysitting for Roomie, and afterward dh and I are going to take the girls for a bike ride. Last night, Eva traded her tricycle for a bike with training wheels. I feel :clap and :( at the same time- my baby is growing up!!

Anyway, I better get going and find something for lunch. Love and hugs!!

hi all!

Stacy-soo wonderful to see your purple post! Glad that you are enjoying Spring Break.

Just wanted to pop in for a quick post,....Great news!!!! I got the job! wooohooooo! happy happy happy dance!

best get myself motivated and finish these soaps, they are a celebration for me. Yippe!

hugs n squishes!

:cheer:yay:clap Wonderful news, LeeAnn!!! Congrats on the job!!!:yay:cheer:clap

Stacy- Sounds like you have been having a great break- and WTG to Eva on graduating to training wheels!!:clap Your baby is growing up!!! (just wait to see how you'll feel when she is pregnant with a baby on the way of her own:lol Talk about feeling happy and sad at the same time!!!! Enjoy the rest of the week off!!! Have fun tonight!

Beth:yay Tomorrow is the BIG day- and now that all the cleaning is done you can spend some nice quality time with DH;)

Marisa- Hope you are having fun at the game. They were winning when I just switched to Idol- need to see who was voted off!! Are you :crocheting your tote?

Mary-How many sweaters did you get done today?

Have a good night everyone!!!:hug

Happy Earth Day and Welcome to Friday!!!! Going to the Bux for my free coffee in my travel mug- Stacy, I'll be thinking of you- and only 2 more days till you can drink coffee again!!

Beth- Welcome Home to Robert today!!!!! Enjoy your day- Bet you are soooooo excited!!!

LeeAnn- Again- Congratulations on getting the position!!!!!!

Marisa- Sorry the Sixers lost, but hope you had fun anyway!!! Have a wonderful weekend with your parents!!!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Trying to wake up here since it was a late night and my sixers lost!!!! Oh well, they played a good game but blew a good lead as well. Same thing happened in the first game of this series too. They do need to make some changes to their team and I hope they do some restructuring. I think a big part of their problem is that at least half their team plays the same position :think Maybe they don't realize they need players for ALL positions :lol

Tonight I'm heading up my parents but think I will stop home quick after work before leaving since I still need to pack and am having trouble getting motivated.

Stacy - If it makes you feel better, the rows were only 26 stitches!!! :eek:lol I'm glad you left the bad kids behind :clap you don't need them to influence your own :no and WTG Eva moving up to the bike :yes

LeeAnn - :cheer:yay:clap:bounce:woo I just knew you would get it!!!!

Joanne - I did work on my tote, I think I got about 4 rounds done there :yes Oh well, if they lose on sunday we're out. But in order to move on to the next round they need to win both of the next 2 games :think Ummmmm, typically I like to be optimistic, but this time the reality is on the pessimistic side :lol

Have a great friday everyone :hug

:c9 My honey is coming home today!!! :cheer:clap:D:yay:manyheart

Joanne, I was thinking about you when I heard about the free BUX coffee. I'm so glad you took advantage of that. happy TGIF to you!

LeeAnn, congrats on the job!!! I was confident you would get it. Wow. How can you fit more on your plate. You are a busy person!

Marisa, have a fun, safe trip.

Stacy, congrats on your baby moving up to the bike. They do grow up way too fast, and it is bittersweet to see the baby (or babies in my case) hit milestones. But one day soon, you'll have three friends who are your daughters, like Joanne has.

Mary, does your hook cool off at night, back to regular temperature?

Well, I have a pretty busy day planned. I hope yours is great! :hug

Good Morning Friends!!!!

Beth-:woo:woo your dh is coming home today! So happy for you! I bet all of you are super excited, do you celebrate Easter?

Joanne-last day till the weekend. Do you have any special plans?:hug

Marisa-so sorry that your sixers lost but hopefully they do reorganizing. Have a fun trip down to your parents house.:hug

Stacy-what is on the agenda for today?:hug

Thank you all for the congratulations, I really was worried. I am soo excited! I will have to travel on May 16-18 for training, it will be in La Junta which is about 2 hours away. They will set me up in a motel. I can't wait! I really want to learn more about the program and only hope that I can influence others in a positive way.

I also finished the throw yesterday will up load a pic. Am including pics of my display at the shop and of my new hair cut. Sorry it has taken me so long to get these uploaded.:hug

BBL! Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897651873_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897651876_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897651879_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897651882_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897651885_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897651888_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies

I have finished sweater number 56 and Iam trying to get some stuff done around the house also. It has stopped raining so I have been able to get outside and do some work before those nasty blackflies start. My arm has been relly bothering me lately also. Tonight I should be able to sit down and start sweater number 57. I cant beleive how well I have done with my new pattern for sweaters. Iam just so proud of myself.

Leeann I love the new hair cut.

To everyone else I hope you all have a great easter.

Lots of Love

Love the new haircut LeeAnn!!! Love your display too! How exciting to get out of town for some training! Always a fun thing, IMO!!!!

Beth- By now, hopefully you and DH are again re=united and the family is having a wonderful evening. Are you having pizza? My coffee from the Bux this morning was scrumpdilyicious!!!! (it always tastes so much better when it's free)

Mary- No wonder your arm is bothering you- 57 sweaters? !!! WTG!!!!! Is it your own pattern?

Stacy- Hope you had a good day with the kiddos today!!!! Are they getting excited for Easter?

Marisa- Oh, well, the Sixers do need to do some restructuring- but do you think they'll keep on Doug Collins as the coach? The NJ Nets need to some re-structuring too- but I think because they are moving to Brooklyn, (big mistake IMO) I am not sure that will happen until they do move. Safe travels tonight!

He's home!!!! We didn't have pizza -- we went out for BBQ. It was really yummy. The restaurant has a gluten free menu, too, so it was nice to know what I picked was safe.

Marisa, I hope you are having a great time at your parents.

LeeAnn, love all the pics. Your set up at the shop is just gorgeous. And the hair cut is great.

Mary, way to go on all the sweaters!!! Don't wear out your arms too much. Enjoy the nice weather before the flies come!!!

Joanne, I'm glad you enjoyed your coffee. Free does taste good, doesn't it! have a great weekend.

Stacy, I hope you have a great weekend. Your farm trip sounds like it was great. Anything else fun going on?

Hey ladies :hi

I'm at my parents and had an uneventful trip :clap:yay My aunt makes easter pie every year, which she did today, but no meat on good friday so we are waiting up to have a piece at midnight :lol She makes the best!!!!

Beth - :yay dh is home :clap dh is home :woo

LeeAnn - Beautiful displays :manyheart and I love the new do, short and sassy :yes I'm getting mine cut for the summer too, it's a long time since I've had it short and I'm ready to do it again now :D I really think you will do great with this job because of your enthusiasm to help others grow :yes

Mary - WtG with those sweaters!!!! :clap:yay:cheer I'm proud of you too. Don't be too hard on that arm though.

Joanne - I hope they keep Doug Collins, he's been good for them IMO...they definitely have improved this year as compared to the last few :yes I agree with you about the nets too :yes

Well, off to check some other threads :hug

:hi all!!

Leeann, congrats on your new position!!! I knew you would get it! :h5 And your displays look awesome-ness- you really have an eye for that sort of thing! :yes Oh, and your new 'do is fantastic! (How many exclamation points can I get into this message? :lol) Short-n-sassy is so fun. :yay

Joanne- Lent ended at sundown on Thursday, so...:D Dh and I went to the 'Bux for our free coffee right after our run this morning. It was absolutely perfect that Earth Day and Good Friday met up this year. :rofl And I think I will take training wheels over pregnancy any day! I'm not in too much of a rush for them to grow up. How is your dd feeling these days?

Marisa, have a great weekend with your parents! What is Easter pie? :think

Mary- 56 sweaters! You amaze me! :nworthy WTG, you are on a roll.

Beth, :cheer:cheer:cheer for dh being home!! BBQ sounds yummy. Enjoy your night!

This morning, dh and I went for a run. I had mentioned that I'd like to start running, too, so for our anniversary he bought me a pair of really nice running shoes. I felt really great afterward but now my hip is throbbing. :think I hope this isn't going to be a routine thing.

Today was FIL's birthday, so in the afternoon, we went to the park and hung out for a little while. The girls played, and we just lounged around. Then we went out for dinner. Mia's teacher was at the restaurant- Mia thought that was awesome. :lol Now we are home, doing our own things.

In the middle of the night, I woke up to my tooth throbbing in pain. :( I've been rinsing with salt water as often as possible until I can go to the dentist. It is in a tooth that had a root canal about 6 years ago, so I'm a bit concerned. Hopefully the dentist can get me in on Monday.

Well, I'm going to scoot. Love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy - easter pie is made with diced ham, pepperoni, different cheeses (I think my aunt uses mozerella and ricotta), eggs all mixed for the filling in the pie crust. There are several variations, some people put in sausage too and even more cheeses. She makes hers healthy because my uncle has many health issues, so she uses turkey meat where she can and all no fat cheeses and stuff like that. They tend to be pricey and not filled with much meat, but hers is loaded :lol

We fast until noon on saturday :think

Marisa, I've never heard of Easter pie, either, but it sounds REALLY good. I think my hubby would like that.

Stacy, Boooooo for your hip and tooth hurting. Not good that you have had a root canal there before. :xfin that you get in on Monday to see the dentist.

Joanne, Happy Saturday. Do you have your traditional cleaning and crocheting planned? I started my hubby's laundry last night, but only got the first load to the dryer stage, so I've got some laundry on my to do list for today. The house still looks pretty good, though, so I have hopes that I will get to relax.

Mary, Did you have time to finish another sweater? I can't believe how fast you are flying through those. Awesome!

LeeAnn, happy Easter Eve. Do you have anything planned for your family? Last night, my dh and I stopped and bought the baskets and fillers for the kiddoes. Hmmmm. Next year, they'll all be 18 or older. So do they have to make ME a basket then???

Have a great day, everybody!!!

Marisa- thanks for sharing about the Easter Pie. I'm not a huge fan of meat, but that one sounds :drool!!!

Beth, how sweet that you still get your kiddos Easter baskets. And yes, I think they should get you one next year! Each of them should, in fact. :devil 3 times the candy. :cheer

Joanne, good morning! Is today the usual clean & crochet? Do you have any games to watch?

I was up bright and early, booted out of bed by a restless 3 year old and a wiener dog. :lol Klaus has become so attention-needy lately. :think Today I need to get the fillers for the girls' baskets. I went to Wal-mart yesterday to find some things for my dad, and they were out of almost everything Easter-related. :eek Hopefully I'll have more success at Target.

We are taking the girls to the zoo today- there is an Easter event, I think, and dh told Isabella she could take her sketch pad and draw some of the animals. She loved that idea. Later we will color eggs. I can't decide if I want to boil them or just hollow out the yolks this year. :shrug

I better get going and get some stuff packed up for the zoo, before everyone wakes up. Happy Saturday!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy, I hope you and your family have a great time at the zoo. How cool that your daughter wants to sketch the animals. :c9

Everyone else, I hope your day is as great as mine is. It's so wonderful to have the hubby-meister home!!!

Howdy!

Marisa-your Easter Pie sounds like deliciousness!:manyheart:manyheart mmmmm...yummy! I made a dish similar to that this summer, a co worker had given me the recipe, it was a hit! Will you get hook time in?

Joanne-bet you already did all of your chores and are relaxing huh? Nice!

Mary-is your shoulder hurting from all the crocheting?

Beth-so glad that you dh made it home safe and sound, seems like those 3 weeks flew by.

we have been lazy lazy lazy lazy. Just starting laundry and tidying up. Dd and I will decorate eggs later this afternoon, ds has announced that he is too old....how can that be? :lol

finished the Light and Lacy ghan on Thursday morning but had forgotten to take pics. Will up load a pic to share with all of you. I started on the granny stripe from Attic 24, I have been wanting to give that pattern a try, so far I love it! So fast! I am using all scrap yarn, trying to use up what I have as my cupboard is exploding. No complaints tho.:devil

back to cleaning. Hugs n squishes!

Stacy-the zoo sounds like soo much fun! Let us know how the sketching goes. How neat is that?

Beth-I think you should get 3 baskets next year too. We didn't buy the traditional baskets but bought goodies for the kiddos. They just leave the baskets to collect dust, so thought I would skip that this year, we will see how that goes. :-))))

ok, off to clean!

hugs n squishes!

Hi all,

Cleaning is done, and errands are run! Laundry is on now. we went to the orchards and got some vegetables, fruits and also pies for dessert tomorrow. We got a sugar-free peach pie for DH and Strawberry Rhubarb for DD and I- whatever of that is left, I'm giving her to take home to share with my SIL who will be working tomorrow. Also ran to Target, Walmart, Staples and I insisted on stopping at the Bux for a coffee!!

Stacy- Hope you have a great time at the zoo and that your tooth /hip aren't giving you too much trouble. We got eggs at Target today - they were 50cents/dozen!!!!Couldn't believe it and even though I won't be coloring eggs, I think I'll hard boil some of them and make deviled eggs and then have some eggs to cut up in salad during the week for lunch.

Beth- I'm sure you are on cloud 9 with DH home!!! I used to do baskets each year until a few years ago When they were late teens (around 17-19) I got them each season passes to Great Adventure for Easter. I did get small bunny rabbits (dark chocolate and white choc for SIL) that are made at a local candy place. Since my middle DD was here last weekend, and youngest and SIL came over for breakfast, they got them then. I didn't get anything for oldest DD but I did buy her some books last time I was in Boston.

LeeAnn- I'm sure the basket-less Easter will be just fine! All they care about anyway are the goodies!!!! I love the granny stripe pattern too!! Have fun busting your stash with it!!!!

Marisa- The Easter pie sounds absolutely delicious!!!!! Hope you enjoyed it and it was everything you were hoping for!

I'll check back in later!

Hey ladies :hi

Just popping in to say hello. I had my easter pie last night and it was wonderful!! Today I finished my map :clap:yay so now I have more work to do on demographics for the 'open' areas. I haven't gotten any hook time in yet :shrug

There was an ad in the paper today. A local church is looking for crafters for a bazarre in October. I'm going to call Monday, and get more info. I may actually be going professional soon!

Any words of advice, Mary?

Archived