Some good clean fun?!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Just had a cup of yogurt and am now enjoying my coffee :D Then planning to head upstairs to work out. I got a couple more rounds done on my tote during dwts last night. Tonight I'll stop at home depot for some potted herbs and plant them (which is all ready to go so it'll only take a minute).

LeeAnn - WTG with your spring cleaning :clap Feel free to come here too :wink

Stacy - Online classes are tough. I started taking an MBA program online and 2 classes at 1 time was pushing it :lol Time is why I love the dvr :lol I've never watched dwts before since it's on at a time when alot of other stuff is on that I like :think I usually watch monday's shows all week. I made the time because of hines ward and my mom's addiction!!!! She voted 35 times last night :eek:rofl

Joanne - Sounds like you have a systerm going there between blankets and totes :yes

Beth - I don't know who's behind these schedules for the games :( Thanks for the sales heads up, I may have to go check them out :blush (I had something else to mention to you, but :think )

She voted 35 times!! :rofl How funny! One of our local radio dj's was on (Mike Catherwood) so I stopped watching after he was voted off. LoL It was nice to see someone local on there, and also someone who wasn't as famous.

Well, I better get going. Class starts in about half an hour and they closed the parking lot I usually use, so I have to go fight for parking. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get into dwts. My hubby controls the remote when he's home (because I really don't care as much as he does.)

Stacy, it would be cool to see someone local on a show like that.

Marisa, glazing a window is replacing the putty around each piece of glass. It's called window glaze, and removing it is more than half the fun. It's so hot here. I am taking a break, and hearing thunder, so I may not get much more done. :xfin I hope I hope I hope!!

Mary, it's a church bazarre in October. I'm planning on making stadium blankets, team color hats and scarves. My friend is sharing my table. I don't know what she's going to do. The church asked us to donate a nice item for their silent auction (I think it will be my giant granny blanket.) So I'm hoping people will be attending who are willing to spend a bit of money.

Well, I got my paperwork done and mailed off. I got groceries. I started on the window in my bedroom, but I am having a hard time working on the glazing.

Now I am going to rest until the stormy weather blows by, then I'll get back out there, and try to pry off more of the old glaze. Yee-haw.

Good Evening all!

Marisa-that is sooo funny that your mom voted for Hines more than a dozen times! How cute! He is a really good dancer (imo). I have enjoyed watching this season especially. I would love to help you clean, but something tells me that you are really quite organized. :hugI actualy like helping others clean, makes the task go by much faster. Yesterday when dh was home, he helped a little but the company was great.

Beth-oh my!!!!! Yarn on sale??? I don't think that I can turn it down....I'm trying to de-stash but it is oooohhh so difficult. Did you order? How's the reglazing?

Joanne-did you have a good day in paradise? I can't believe that you are almost done with tote #3! wowza!

Stacy-hope you found parking. Is it summer where you live?

It snowed this afternoon..:eek just when I thought we were on to Spring. I made a candle-I had a candle that my sister had bought me a few years ago-I loved it, the wax that stayed on the bottom was perfect to re-melt add more wax and fragrance and viola! A new candle for me. It is parafin, I will see how it burns. I usually use soy, but my aunt gave me a small box of parafin, thought I would put it to good use.

best get dinner made. BBL!

hugs n squishes!

Yikes LeeAnn- SNow!!! We had 86 degree temps here in NJ today! Crazy- one day it seems like it's winter and then before you know it you have one or two days of springlike temps and voila- summer!! I sure am not ready for the heat yet!!! I really would enjoy some 70 degree days! It was hot when I got home in the house so figured I may as well put on the central air to make sure it's working ok- and thankfully it is!!!

The candle sounds divine!!!

Stacy- Hope you found parking! My DD was telling me parking was getting so bad at the college where she has classes for her Master's and also works that she decided to buy a monthly train ticket and she's been taking the train every day- (probably with the price of gas now, it's cheaper in the long run too)

Beth- That window glazing job does not sound like fun at all!! So glad we replaced the windows when we moved in to this house almost 6 years ago. It really made a big difference with the heating and cooling bills!

I think what you are planning to sell at the October craft fair sounds good Beth.....and...inquiring minds want to know.........did you buy any new yarn?????

Mary- Have you finished the sweaters?

Marisa- I love Hines Ward- (even tho he IS a Pittsburgh Steeler) and he really dances well!!! That's too funny- about your Mom and her 35 votes!!! Wonder who'll be the one to go tonight- I don't watch but tune in at the end or just look it up online to see who it was. I love Monday shows too- and Tuesday shows - I tape NCIS and nciS LA on Tuesday! How'd we ever survive without DVR? Even then, I don't have enough time to watch the shows!!!

See you all in the AM

Mornin' all. My coffee is still percolating, so don't expect too much...

Marisa, my sister is right there with your mom. She is SO excited about Hines dancing, you'd think he asked her to the prom.

LeeAnn, I always wondered about reusing candle wax. I think it's cool you made another candle from the first one.

Joanne, as i've said before my hubby controls the remote, so we watch more testosterone-infused shows. He likes Pawn Stars, and lots of shows about building and racing cars and/or motorcycles, and sci fi -- wayyyyy too much sci fi. I bought a lot of yarn -- in Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Redskin, Dallas Cowboys (which may get me divorced, but I hope not!) Virginia Tech and UVA colors, as well as one or two local high schools. I hope to make a stadium blanket, a hat, and a scarf or two in each team's colors. Now to find the time to work on them... Joann had the Caron one pound on sale, with free shipping, so that's what I got.

I wish I could get new windows. We have many windows in this house... But this needs done. I hate working on ladders. I am not entirely sure how I got this job, either.

For now, while it's dark, I will work on the flannelghan for my honey. I'm almost done with the 3rd strip. I may check the size at this point, see if it's propler size for snuggling in the chair. It would be nice to be done...

Have a great Hump Day!!!

Good morning!!

Well, Beth, it seems like you have made good start by ordering the yarn....but I must ask---no NY Giants colors??:lol (just kidding- they probably wouldn't sell too well where you are:lol) Do you have a pattern in mind for the stadium blankets?

I just had a thought--how about teaching your 3 beautiful inventions how to glaze windows? It could be part of their curriculum:lol Seriously- good luck with getting it done so you can get busy with all the :crocheting you have lined up to do!!

Off to get ready for Hump Day in Paradise.

Marisa- Your Mom must be on :c9 since she'll get to see Hines dance for yet another day. Beth- your Mom can keep her prom date fantasy alive:lol

See you on the flip side!

Joanne, I asked RoseRed for permission to use a variation of her lumberjack flannelghan pattern, and she very kindly told me yes, as long as I sell locally, and not on the internet. So I will be lumberjacking a lot!!! At least it's a quick pattern. My friend who gave me the idea suggested I make it about 4 feet square. She also suggested some of the teams I use, based on what she sees in the area a lot. she's an artist, and is a lot more observant than I am.

Good morning ladies :hi

After work last night I ran to home depot and picked up some herbs and potting soil, then came home to finish that up. It was 8:30 until I finished and was all icky sweaty so took a cool shower and sat upstairs to watch dwts while working on my tote :D

Stacy - I hope you found parking ok :xfin

Beth - Thanks for the glaze info and :yay for yarn

LeeAnn - I do tend to be organized and I like keeping things as such, but cleaning is a whole different story :lol and snow :eek we pushed 90 for the last 2 days!!! Too hot for me :( Anything over 70 is too much :shrug

Joanne - Don't feel bad, I didn't see the Eagles on Beth's list either :( My dvr is always backed up and I have 2 of them :eek I can often catch up on a slow weekend when I stay here and don't have anything going on, but otherwise....many of the shows just wait :lol

Everyone, enjoy your ice cream tonight :devil

Hi all!

Just a quick post to say good morning. I did find parking after about 20 minutes. I was so busy talking to my mom, though, that I really didn't pay attention to where I parked, and when I got out of class, it took me just as long to find the car. :blush:lol

Beth- holy yarn, Batman!! :eek Good luck getting everything finished. The flannel'ghan is awesome-ness. Just be sure to take breaks so your hands don't get sore!

Joanne, what a great idea for your dd to buy the pass. Unfortunately, our nearest Metro passes right down the street the college is on, I would have to drive to get there, so there really is no point to me taking it instead. I would love to start riding my bike, but Eva is too big for a toddler seat on the back, and I have no place to park her trailer while I am in class. So driving it is.

Marisa, what kind of herbs did you buy? Are you planning to do a whole garden (with veggies and fruit) or just stick with the herbs?

I forgot who asked, but it does appear that summer has arrived in L.A. The temps have been going back and forth for a few weeks now, but today it is supposed to hit 90 downtown (which means at least 95 here) and it's not supposed to drop below 78 or so for the next 10 days.

Well I need to take a shower and get ready. Love and hugs to all- Happy Hump Day!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Morning!

Marisa-looks like Hines will dance for another week, your mom sounds like so much fun! How cool that you planted herbs, do you use them for cooking and freezing?

Joanne-the middle of the week is here! yippeeee!!!! Hope you get your icecream after paradise. Wish we had an ice cream store here...yummy!

Beth-oh my! Lots of yarn! yummy! How exciting! you are going to be hooking up a storm! Exciting!

Stacy-I forget where I park often, that's terrible isn't that?

nothing new here in our neck of the woods...just hanging out. But not complaining. going to get a few minutes of hooky time in. Love and hugs!

Had to make a quick run home on my lunch break so decided to check in.

Stacy - I have oregano, parsley, dill, mint, thyme, rosemary, basil, tomatoes, and red, yellow and green peppers planted. We'll see what we get by way of veggies :xfin

LeeAnn - I like to cook so use the herbs when cooking, I've never frozen them though.

Gotta run

Ooh, Marisa, your garden is full of yummy things!! You can make some awesome pasta dishes with those ingredients. I :manyheart pasta. :lol

Leeann, make any new soaps today? Btw, I don't know if I mentioned it, but your camo ones are awesome!!

This morning I promised the girls that I would take money to buy ice cream after school. The pre-k teachers sell it everyday as a fundraiser. Today is is 90+, so it is perfect for a cool treat. :yes

My astro prof. handed out our corrected midterms- I gained an extra 5 points, which brings me to a 92! :cheer I'll take it. I was supposed to have an exam in the history class today, and the prof. didn't even remember. :lol:whew

I need to go pick up the girls, so BBL!

Joanne I only got 56 sweaters done right now. I didn't feel like getting the last 4 done. My hand was just to sore. Right now Iam making funny hats and Iam enjoying that very much. I will get the sweaters done before the show in June, but right now I just want to play with other things.

Hello!

Marisa-your herbs and veggies sound delicious! How awesome! I hope and hope that all your plants grow.:hug

Stacy-can't believe that you are in full blown summer, it was only 55 F today, and super cold this morning. Here in the San Luis Valley, we have summer for about 2 maybe 3 months tops. I haven't made any more soap, hoping to get more orders. I am thinking of running an add in our local newspaper. I will also be having a Mother's Day Sale.:hug

Mary-I bet you are sore from all that crocheting! My wrists and thumb would be aching. :hug

Beth-how was your day?:hug Did you get the window done?

Joanne-hope your day went well.

Didn't do all that much today, took it easy...yippee! Best get dinner on the table.

hugs n squishes!

Joanne, I asked RoseRed for permission to use a variation of her lumberjack flannelghan pattern, and she very kindly told me yes, as long as I sell locally, and not on the internet. So I will be lumberjacking a lot!!! At least it's a quick pattern. My friend who gave me the idea suggested I make it about 4 feet square. She also suggested some of the teams I use, based on what she sees in the area a lot. she's an artist, and is a lot more observant than I am.

That sounds perfect for a stadium blanket- and very kind of RoseRed to grant you permission to use a variation of her ever popular flannel'ghan!!!! I guess you'll be alternating between working on that and the hats/mittens and that way your hands get a rest!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

Joanne - Don't feel bad, I didn't see the Eagles on Beth's list either :( My dvr is always backed up and I have 2 of them :eek I can often catch up on a slow weekend when I stay here and don't have anything going on, but otherwise....many of the shows just wait :lol Sounds like here!!

Everyone, enjoy your ice cream tonight :devil

I was so tired after working a very long day- didn't get home till 6:30- after arriving today at 7:15!!! I just wanted to get home- and now that i've had dinner, all I want to do is put on my pjs and :crocheting for a bit. Don't feel like going out again- even though I really do love ice cream! I bet around 10:00 I'll be thinking I wish I did go get it!!!:lol

Hi all!

Joanne, what a great idea for your dd to buy the pass. Unfortunately, our nearest Metro passes right down the street the college is on, I would have to drive to get there, so there really is no point to me taking it instead. I would love to start riding my bike, but Eva is too big for a toddler seat on the back, and I have no place to park her trailer while I am in class. So driving it is. Sounds like it is! Too bad there is no where to park her trailer- although in 95 degrees, who wants to ride a bike???:lol

I forgot who asked, but it does appear that summer has arrived in L.A. The temps have been going back and forth for a few weeks now, but today it is supposed to hit 90 downtown (which means at least 95 here) and it's not supposed to drop below 78 or so for the next 10 days. That is just tooooooo hot!!!

Well I need to take a shower and get ready. Love and hugs to all- Happy Hump Day!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Morning!

Joanne-the middle of the week is here! yippeeee!!!! Hope you get your icecream after paradise. Nope- too tired after work- but I'm sure I'll probably regret not stopping!!! Wish we had an ice cream store here...yummy!

nothing new here in our neck of the woods...just hanging out.That sounds very nice and relaxing to me, and I'd love to be doing that- :D But not complaining. going to get a few minutes of hooky time in. Love and hugs!

This morning I promised the girls that I would take money to buy ice cream after school. The pre-k teachers sell it everyday as a fundraiser. Today is is 90+, so it is perfect for a cool treat. :yes What flavors did they get?

My astro prof. handed out our corrected midterms- I gained an extra 5 points, which brings me to a 92! :cheer I'll take it. I was supposed to have an exam in the history class today, and the prof. didn't even remember. :lol:whewAnd of course you probably studied and were ready for the test too!!

Congrats on your 92:cheer:clap:cheer

I need to go pick up the girls, so BBL!

Joanne I only got 56 sweaters done right now. I didn't feel like getting the last 4 done. My hand was just to sore. Right now Iam making funny hats and Iam enjoying that very much. I will get the sweaters done before the show in June, but right now I just want to play with other things.

ONLY 56???? C'mon Mary, you are slacking:lol:lol:lol:lol (just kidding of course)

All this talk of Ice cream has me re-thinking my not stopping to get some- but not enough to make me want to get back in my car and go to get it!

Have a good night!

Good evening ladies :hi

We went for our ice cream and for the 3 of us, we spent under $2 :yay:clap:woo

I'll be back in a bit though because I hear that halftime is over and need to get back to the tv :lol Watching my sixers, hoping they stop making some of these mistakes :xfin

Marisa, I love the tote!! Your SIL will be thrilled, I"m sure. Did you use a pattern?

I ended up taking the girls to Baskin Robbins for their 31-cent scoop night. last year the line was 1/2 way around the block, so I was hesitant...but this time we got right in! 4 cones for less than $2- and I got a double scoop. :lol Too bad they don't have it once a month or so. :blush:devil

Not much else going on. I have some reading to do, but I really want to :hook. *sigh* What to do, what to do...surely if I don't turn off this computer, I won't do either! :lol Good night, friends! :night

Good morning,

Glad to hear that Marisa and Stacy both scored on their 31 cents ice cream scoops!!!!

Marisa- I love the color of the tote!!!! Your SIL is one lucky lady!!! Sorry about your Sixers, though!

I ended up finishing the baby blanket that I'm giving to my stepdaughter. Still have to finish the RR I'm making for my grandson to be. But at least I got one WIP done! These totes are just so addicting- I guess because they work up fairly quickly!

Off to get ready for Paradise.

Hugs to all.

Good morning, my friends,

I had another girls night out with my dd, my ds's girlfriend and her mother. We went to Joann's and to Michael's. My dd scored some clay and clay accessories at Joann's. I got an "M" hook. I got more clearance yarn at Michael's. Anybody ever use Caron's Dazzelaire? I already had some from the last time I was there. But they had more in the same colors, and now that I'm going to be in a craft fair, I figured I could make something Christmassy... Now what to make??? :think

I laid out the flannelghan on the bed, and it asked very nicely if I could add two more rows, so it will cover the bed beautifully. I said OK, since that was the original plan anyway. It is a nice blanket. I am going to study the tutorial on Join as you go, though, before I start making them to sell.

The window did not get done. I found a wasp nest, which was probably not active, but I don't care. It was there. My dh took care of it last night, though, so we can get back to work today.

I guess I should get busy. Lots to do today.

Joanne, have a great Thursday.

Marisa, I'm glad you got your ice cream. What flavor did you get?

Stacy, taking the girls out for ice cream sounds like a lot of fun. I went out with my friends to Bux. That was nice.

Mary, When is your first craft fair? Wishing you luck with that!

:hug to everyone :flower:manyheart

Marisa, I love the tote!! Your SIL will be thrilled, I"m sure. Did you use a pattern?

I ended up taking the girls to Baskin Robbins for their 31-cent scoop night. last year the line was 1/2 way around the block, so I was hesitant...but this time we got right in! 4 cones for less than $2- and I got a double scoop. :lol Too bad they don't have it once a month or so. :blush:devil

Not much else going on. I have some reading to do, but I really want to :hook. *sigh* What to do, what to do...surely if I don't turn off this computer, I won't do either! :lol Good night, friends! :night

I used a pattern written by Sue here from the ville, (turtlelvr) I love how it came out :yes Glad you got your ice cream. The line wasn't bad here either and last year was insane. I don't think they advertised as welll this year :think

Good morning,

Glad to hear that Marisa and Stacy both scored on their 31 cents ice cream scoops!!!!

Marisa- I love the color of the tote!!!! Your SIL is one lucky lady!!! Sorry about your Sixers, though!

I ended up finishing the baby blanket that I'm giving to my stepdaughter. Still have to finish the RR I'm making for my grandson to be. But at least I got one WIP done! These totes are just so addicting- I guess because they work up fairly quickly!

Off to get ready for Paradise.

Hugs to all.

Thanks :hug and :yay for finishing the baby blanket....can't wait to see a pic....or maybe IRL on saturday :devil

Good morning, my friends,

I had another girls night out with my dd, my ds's girlfriend and her mother. We went to Joann's and to Michael's. My dd scored some clay and clay accessories at Joann's. I got an "M" hook. I got more clearance yarn at Michael's. Anybody ever use Caron's Dazzelaire? I already had some from the last time I was there. But they had more in the same colors, and now that I'm going to be in a craft fair, I figured I could make something Christmassy... Now what to make??? :think

I laid out the flannelghan on the bed, and it asked very nicely if I could add two more rows, so it will cover the bed beautifully. I said OK, since that was the original plan anyway. It is a nice blanket. I am going to study the tutorial on Join as you go, though, before I start making them to sell.

The window did not get done. I found a wasp nest, which was probably not active, but I don't care. It was there. My dh took care of it last night, though, so we can get back to work today.

I guess I should get busy. Lots to do today.

Joanne, have a great Thursday.

Marisa, I'm glad you got your ice cream. What flavor did you get?

Stacy, taking the girls out for ice cream sounds like a lot of fun. I went out with my friends to Bux. That was nice.

Mary, When is your first craft fair? Wishing you luck with that!

:hug to everyone :flower:manyheart

Sounds like a great day :yes I had one scoop of snickers and one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough :drool:manyheart Mary's mom got strawberry. And Mary, well she managed to score like 4 scoops of cookies n cream and another of somthing else :think The girl is crazy let me tell you :eek:rofl Bad part is that she's lactose intolerant so I guess she figured if she was gonna have it, to just go all out!!

Good morning!

Marisa-what a beautiful tote! Love the color! ohh so many projects, so little time. :lol I am lactose intolerant too, hope Mary isn't too sick today. What a great deal on icecream!

Joanne-you are amazing! You are crocheting soo fast, you are going to be ready for the grands? Can you believe that it is Thursday already? Where did the week go?

Stacy-did you get to your reading? Or did the hook call your name?

Beth-a wasps nest is scary, glad that your dh took care of it. Great score on the yarn! I love sprarkly yarn, what colors did you buy?

I just realized that I never shared the pic of the throw, sorry ladies, must be losing my mind.

post-33271-135897653748_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897653752_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, Your throw is gorgeous! Those are such happy colors. I bought Christmas colors: red and green. Now I need some good Christmas ideas... I have plenty for an afghan, but should I do scarves and hats instead?

Marisa, MMmmmmm. Snickers ice cream -- sounds awesome!!! i can't do the cookie dough, so it doesn't appeal, but I like me some Snickers!!! As a matter of fact, I found a recipe one year around Christmas that had the tiny snickers wrapped in peanut butter cookie dough, then baked. The Snickers melted, kind of became one with the cookie.... :drool

Joanne, Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Vicki, Sarah, Shannon, Elizabeth, Scooby, and everybody else, I hope your day is GREAT!!!

Good morning!

Marisa-what a beautiful tote! Love the color! ohh so many projects, so little time. :lol I am lactose intolerant too, hope Mary isn't too sick today. What a great deal on icecream!

Joanne-you are amazing! You are crocheting soo fast, you are going to be ready for the grands? Can you believe that it is Thursday already? Where did the week go?

Stacy-did you get to your reading? Or did the hook call your name?

Beth-a wasps nest is scary, glad that your dh took care of it. Great score on the yarn! I love sprarkly yarn, what colors did you buy?

I just realized that I never shared the pic of the throw, sorry ladies, must be losing my mind.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! :manyheart Love the colors....what yarn did you use?

Archived