Some good clean fun?!

There was an ad in the paper today. A local church is looking for crafters for a bazarre in October. I'm going to call Monday, and get more info. I may actually be going professional soon!

Any words of advice, Mary?

How exciting Beth!!! I'm sure Mary will have lots of advice for you!!!

Wonder what # sweater Mary is on now?:hook

WTG on finishing the map Marisa!!! That was a huge project to finally have finished- it must feel great. And don't feel bad, I haven't done any crocheting yet today either and it's now 8PM!! Finally going to sit down and try and finish the stash buster tote!

See you in the AM!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did finish the 2nd Stash Buster tote last night- and almost finished Step Daughters baby ghan!!!

Here's the tote which I'm gifting to a co-worker with some skeins of yarn. She's new to crochet and going through some personal difficult times lately- so hopefully this will cheer her up a bit!

post-27163-135897652517_thumb.jpg

:flowerGood Morning and Happy Easter friends!

Marisa-wtg finishing the map, you are awesome! Now you can move on to something else. Will all of your family be together today?

Joanne-the tote is fantastic! Wow! you finished that super duper fast! You are such a sweetie to give it to someone that is learning how to crochet. :manyheart

Beth-ohhh laaa laaa....a craft show sounds like so much fun! What will you sell?

Stacy-is your hip and tooth feeling better? How are the girls? I bet they are super happy with all of their goodies.

The Easter bunny delivered his chocolate goodies and mom added a few cool soaps. The kiddos were super excited!

Last night we decorated eggs with dd, she was soo cute, she named all 12 of her egg friends and dressed them up. What fun!

Also made the frog eye salad and sugar free pie for dh. Today we are going to the in-laws for Easter dinner and egg hunt. We are all excited and I will get to crochet with dear mother in-law. great times!

Hope you all have the bestest day ever! hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I am afraid to ask, but what is frog eye salad made from?

Joanne, wow, your hook is trying to catch up with Mary's. We'll have two fires to put out here soon. I hope you are enjoying your weekend off.

Marisa, congrats on finishing the mapping. It's important to have a good feel for location.

Stacy, Mary, and all our other friends, I hope you are having a magnificent day on Easter.

Wishing everybody lots of love!

Had a wonderful day and I started my third Stashbuster tote!!! I just love making them- probably because I can now do it without thinking and because you use two strands together, it works up fairly quickly!!

Had a wonderful dinner with DD and she has now gone home, I'm nice and comfy and going to go back to some crocheting before calling it a night.

LeeAnn- Hope you had a wonderful Easter- I was thinking the same thing as Beth- what is frog eye salad? Love learning about new things.

Beth- My hook will NEVER catch up to Mary's- she's the queen of fast crocheting!!!! Glad you had DH home for Easter and lots of hugs to you and your family-

Stacy- Hope the girls had a great Easter and that the Easter bunny was good to them- i saw the pic of Mia on FB --their eggs were too cute

Off to hook for a bit, then call it a night. Where DID the weekend go?????

Good evening ladies :hi

I'm back in Philly. I left after dinner and was able to see the first half of the sixers game, and listened to the second half on the radio in the car and we won :clap:yay When I got back I dealt with my plants outside and now need to pick up some herbs to pot :yes Then I worked out and showered and now have the second load of laundry about to finish in the wash with one more waiting.

After I finish checking in here, I'm going to find something on the dvr to watch and work on my tote I think. Or maybe the sweater sleevel :think such decisions :lol

Beautiful tote Joanne and how nice to give it to your coworker :hug I'm sure it will cheer her up a bit :yes

Evenin' all!

Getting ready to head to bed, had a fun filled day.

Frog eye salad is delicious, here's the recipe. I hope you all like it/try it.

Frog's Eye Salad

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained

1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in its own juice, undrained

2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained

1 large egg, beaten

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) Acine di Pepe Pasta, uncooked

3 1/2 cups (8 ounces) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed and divided

3 cups miniature marshmallows

1/2 cup flaked coconut -I always forget the coconut.

Maraschino cherries (optional)

1. In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, flour and salt.
  2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice to equal 1 cup. With whisk, gradually stir juice and egg into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in lemon juice. Cool mixture to room temperature.
  3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
  4. In large bowl, stir together pineapple juice mixture and pasta. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
  5. Add crushed pineapple and chunks, oranges, 2 cups whipped topping, marshmallows and coconut; mix gently and thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate until cold.
  6. Top with remaining whipped topping; garnish with cherries, if desired.

Makes 12 servings.

I used to make it with my preschoolers, they loved it! The little Acini De Pepe pasta looks like frog eyes. Brings back fun memories. You can also make it using fresh pineapple and fruit and leave out the coconut. Makes it not as sweet. I love it either way.

hope you all have sweet dreams! Hugs n squishes!

Thanks for the recipe, LeeAnn. I'm glad you don't actually eat frog eyes. That would be less than apetizing.

Joanne, way to go on the totes. Sounds like a fun project. I'm working on my hubby's flannelghan -- 2 strands, big hook -- and it's going pretty quickly, as long as I don't skip the end stitch on a row, and catch it two squares later... But it's coming along. I'm about 1/2 done with it.

Marisa, welcome back. Sounds like you caught up with a weekend of housework in a few hours.

Well, today is going to be a busy one. LeeAnn, you asked what I will be selling at the craft fair. I am having a brainstorming session with the girl who will be working with me today. We are coming up with a plan. I hope to make stadium blankets, hats, scarves, and mittens in the most popular team colors for this area. I have a few things already set aside -- including the big granny afghan and a couple of wraps.

Back to the flannelghan! See you all later. :hug

Good morning!

LeeAnn- Thanks for the recipe for the Frog Eye Salad- it does sound delicious! Now to copy it so I can find it again! Glad you had a fun-filled Easter!

Beth- Have fun coming up your plan!! Sounds like you are on your way!! Stadium blankets, with Hats, mittens and scarfs sounds are great ideas! third tote is almost done!

Marisa- So did you decide to hook or use the pointy sticks? I'm glad that you had a good time at your parents- sounds like a nice productive weekend for you. Did you sell your tix to the Sixer's game yesterday? Bet whoever bought them if you did was very happy!! (I was watching the Yankees -who were on the same time) but did catch the score and was very glad the Heat didn't sweep.

Stacy- I guess it's back to school today for you and the girls? And have you had coffee yet?

Off to get ready for Monday in Paradise!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

I decided to hold off on the 3rd load of laundry last night and only did 2 since it was getting late. I decided to work on my tote while waiting for the dryer to finish and was able to just get a round and a half done :) I'ts already in my purse to work on during my lunch break :yes

LeeAnn - Thanks for the recipe, I printed it out so I could try it.

Beth - I hope today goes smoothly for you :hug

Joanne - I was able to sell 1 ticket, which was better than none :yes

Have a great Monday ladies!

Morning!

Beth-you are soo cute! Frog eyes would be kinda wierd. Have you ever had frog legs? we have a resteraunt here that makes them, too different for me. :rofl you are sure going to town on your hubby's flannelghan. It will be finished in no time. The stadium blankets and mittens/scarves are a great idea! Before we know it, winter will be here again. :hug

Joanne-wowza! bet you will get that third tote finished. :jumpyay What will you work on next? Yesterday I worked on the granny stripe, still loving it. Going to work on it while the family is asleep. Dh and the kiddos are home today, I am trying to convince them to do something, but who knows??? that's ok if they just want to stay home, I can always get hook time in.

Stacy-is it back to school for all of you today?

Marisa-that is awesome that you were able to sell at least one ticket, that would be difficult. How many more games do you have?

going to make a pot of coffee and hook while the family is still snoozing. BBL! Hugs n squishes!

:hi all!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was...interesting. :blush We went to a new church in the morning. It's a local church- everyone knows one another, they were all extremely welcoming and hospitable- as soon as we arrived, they put out tons of eggs for the girls to hunt, and invited us to a brunch afterward. I really liked that it's so community-based, but the actual service was a bit, well...lacking. I feel terrible saying that, but I really didn't enjoy it at all. Dh and the girls really liked it, so we will go for a few weeks to see if this is our new church.

We had the usual dinner at dh's aunt's house. Dh's cousin made up a little treasure hunt for the girls, which they really enjoyed. Last night I toyed with the idea of starting a new 'ghan, but ended up doing homework instead. I'm really thinking of making a granny ripple, but with scrap yarn. :think Have to catch up on homework first. Next semester, someone please give me a nice big :kick if I consider doing another ITV class. Leeann- you were right- it's a ton of work! :eek More than my other 3 combined, I'd say.

Isabella and Mia are back to school today, Eva and I go back tomorrow. We had an extra day off, due to budget cuts. That's okay- I had a lot of errands to do anyway. We went to breakfast with my new IRL, then went to have a tire patched (woke up to a nail!) and went to the laundromat.

I have to run and get the girls, please accept lots of love and :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug!!! Be back later to do individual posts. Love ya!

Stacy- Wow- you were sure busy- I don't know how you do school, 3 kids and the laundromat on top of it!!! And I'll be sure to remind you that often online classes are more work- I really preferred going to classes on campus!!!!

I think it's a good idea to give the church a few more weeks of going to see if the services are any better and/or more to your liking!!!! Hope you got done what needed getting done- and just for the record- after the busy, busy, day I had today, I stopped on my way home at Bux and got myself a nice bold coffee!!!! YUM!!!!

LeeAnn- I think I may make a few more of these StashBuster totes- they work up quickly and I'm thinking of giving them to my staff for Christmas gifts! They can really be used for anything I'm thinking- not just yarn and Wips- so on that note, Tote #3 is calling my name to finish up!!!!

Have a good evening everyone!

Hey ladies :hi

Just got home not long ago. After work we (me, Mary and her mom) went to boscov's (dept store). They do a month long 'did you boscov today' event so we have to go 3x/week to get some really good deals. And every day there's a different dept/category on sale so today I got a new bathing suit, which I really needed since I didn't buy one since I finished chiro school :eek

On wednesday, baskins robbins is having 31 cents a scoop night, I think 5-10....so go get a cheap and tasty treat :D:devil

I have a few things to do here and then I'm heading upstairs to watch dwts on my dvr so I'll be back in the morning.

Oh LeeAnn, my sixers play on wed in miami....if they lose, they're done and if they win they'll play friday here again :xfin but unfortunately, I think if they do play here friday it will be a noon time game and I won't be able to go again :angry

hello Hello!

Stacy-you sure have been busy. The on-line classes were always painful. Easier for some people but you definately do a lot of busy work. When will this semester end?

Joanne-the totes would be a wonderful gift! how many people do you supervise?

Marisa-hoping your team wins, getting ready to watch DWTS too...yeah!

had a busy cleaning kinda day. I had dh move the hutch to the dining area, made more room in the kitchen. It looks great! But of course had to do a lot of dusting, sweeping, and mopping. But I wanted to get it done before returning to work. Going to try to get all of the deep cleaning done, wish me luck. :lol

off to watch the tube and get a little hook time in. Hugs n squishes!

Hello!

Joanne, you are really going to town with the Stashbuster totes! :yes They are really nice, btw...sorry I forgot to mention it earlier. I think it's sweet of you to make them for your staff. :manyheart

Marisa, sounds like you got some good deals. :yay Enjoy watching DTWS. I used to love the show but there is just no time to watch anymore!

Leeann, good luck with all of your deep cleaning. It's wise to try and finish before you return to work. :yes

Well, I am off for the night. Catch ya in the morning!

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Morning all,

Marisa- there used to be a Boscov's at Monmouth Mall- (about 25 min away) but they closed :-( And thanks for the headds up about the Baskin Robbins 31cents/scoop night Wednesday- Guess where I'll be stopping on my way home from work tomorrow night?:lol

Stacy- The stashbuster totes are easy and fun to make-you know, mindless crochet- the kind I like!!!;) DWTS was good last night- I was watching the Yankees, then switched to DWTS- and almost finished the tote- I alternate working on that and have about 2 rows left on a baby blanket!

LeeAnn- I agree- better to get all the heavy cleaning/moving furniture around etc, before going back to work. And when you are done- how bout flying out here and tackling all the stuff I have to do?:lol

Beth- How did your planning go yesterday? Did you decide what you are going to focus on for the craft show?

Mary- What sweater # are you on now?

LeaAnne and Colleen- thinking about you and hoping all is well.

Off to get ready for Paradise. Have a good day all!

I'm up but not awake. And I haven't started my coffee yet...

Joanne, have a great day at work. You are flying through those totes. I think they are a great gift idea, and they can be used for anything, plus they look great.

Stacy, you are so busy. It sounds like that church has some good people in it. Maybe the Easter service was dumbed down for the masses that come once (or twice) a year, and you'll enjoy the regular services. Let's hope.

LeeAnn, it can be great to move furniture around from time to time. When I gave up my microwave cart to be my son's tv stand, my kitchen ended up growing, even with the dining room table moved into it, because of how we rearranged everything.

Marisa, You'd think they'd schedule games for when the majority of the fans are available to watch, particularly the important ones. Oh well. When we are in charge, it will be much better.

Today is supposed to be my day off, but I'll be typing half the program for the recital, ordering year-end tests for my kids, filling out paperwork to teach my son behind the wheel, so he can get his license, and hopefully actually getting the glazing done on my window.

Oh, and Joann Fabrics has free shipping on orders over $25 (and the Caron One Pound is $5.99) and www.herrschners.com has an after Easter sale with over 200 yarns for less than $2. I want to go spend a whole lot of money.

Have a good one! :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

I'm up but not awake. And I haven't started my coffee yet...

Joanne, have a great day at work. You are flying through those totes. I think they are a great gift idea, and they can be used for anything, plus they look great.

Stacy, you are so busy. It sounds like that church has some good people in it. Maybe the Easter service was dumbed down for the masses that come once (or twice) a year, and you'll enjoy the regular services. Let's hope.

LeeAnn, it can be great to move furniture around from time to time. When I gave up my microwave cart to be my son's tv stand, my kitchen ended up growing, even with the dining room table moved into it, because of how we rearranged everything.

Marisa, You'd think they'd schedule games for when the majority of the fans are available to watch, particularly the important ones. Oh well. When we are in charge, it will be much better.

Today is supposed to be my day off, but I'll be typing half the program for the recital, ordering year-end tests for my kids, filling out paperwork to teach my son behind the wheel, so he can get his license, and hopefully actually getting the glazing done on my window.

Oh, and Joann Fabrics has free shipping on orders over $25 (and the Caron One Pound is $5.99) and www.herrschners.com has an after Easter sale with over 200 yarns for less than $2. I want to go spend a whole lot of money.

Have a good one! :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Wow over 200 yarns for less than $2.00???? You ARE an enabler!!!:yes

Good morning ladies :coffee

Just had a cup of yogurt and am now enjoying my coffee :D Then planning to head upstairs to work out. I got a couple more rounds done on my tote during dwts last night. Tonight I'll stop at home depot for some potted herbs and plant them (which is all ready to go so it'll only take a minute).

LeeAnn - WTG with your spring cleaning :clap Feel free to come here too :wink

Stacy - Online classes are tough. I started taking an MBA program online and 2 classes at 1 time was pushing it :lol Time is why I love the dvr :lol I've never watched dwts before since it's on at a time when alot of other stuff is on that I like :think I usually watch monday's shows all week. I made the time because of hines ward and my mom's addiction!!!! She voted 35 times last night :eek:rofl

Joanne - Sounds like you have a systerm going there between blankets and totes :yes

Beth - I don't know who's behind these schedules for the games :( Thanks for the sales heads up, I may have to go check them out :blush (I had something else to mention to you, but :think )

Beth I know you said it is a craft sale but what kind? School, church, special event, etc..... Is the sale before or after mother's day?

If it is before then I would make some stuff that kids can buy for their Moms, like dishclothes, towels, doilies etc.......

Grandmothers always think of the season that is coming. When I have sales in the summer, which Iam, I make the sweaters, hats, mittens, slippers etc........ gifts that would make great chritmas gifts.

anymore questions just ask away. Iam glad to help. You can always pm me on facebook also, cause Iam not always on here.

Hope eveyone is having a great week

Lots of Love

Archived