Some good clean fun?!

Good morning,

The window isn't DONE, but it's getting there. There's so much waiting -- for paint to dry, (where we are now) for putty to cure, then to paint a final coat, and call it done.

Joanne and Marisa, so glad you had a good time together. It does sound like fun, meeting IRL.

Stacy, i'm proud of your daughter, too. It takes courage to go back after getting hit in the nose. The nose is so sensitive. And it's great that the girls worked to beautify their school. It's awesome you had too many people show up!

LeeAnn, can't wait to see the next project.

Well, I slept in today. I need to get going to catch up.

:hug :hug :hug to you all!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top of the morning friends!

Stacy-ohh I love granny ripples! They are my ultimate fav! That is great that your dd played so well, how fun. Will you be taking classes this summer?

Joanne-how sweet of your dd to pop in for a visit. And the new yarn sounds yummy and delicious! I try to keep up with Lucy's post, she seems like such a neat lady. I love her projects too.

Marisa-ohhh laaaa laaaa love the new bags! They are too puuuurrrtttty. Wow! you will be moving soon, are you getting more and more excited?

Beth-so sorry to hear that the reglazing is such a process, hopefully you can get your inventions to finish it soon. Have you had time to :hook?

I was just thinking this mornig how much I miss LeaAnne's posts, I know that she is busy, but sending warm wishes her way.

Ok ladies,....it's official! I am addicted to totes! I finished another one last night and am already planning the next one, going to make this one smaller,...but what fun! I am going to pop over to the tote cal, and see what other goodies ya all have been making.

post-33271-1358976546_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn- Glad you joined us over on the Crochet Tote Addicts thread- love both of the ones you did- and yes, they are addicting!! I finished # 4 today and I really have to get back to working on my grandson-to-be's RR, but I want to start another tote!!

DD finished her work while I was crocheting and watching the Yankee game. They won!! And I finished the tote- so it was a very nice, relaxing afternoon. We just finished dinner and DD is just waiting for her 2nd load of laundry to be done before heading back home!

Hope that everyone had a great Sunday!!! Does the weekend have to end?

:hi everyone! I'm still alive! I just wanted to stop by to say hi. I am sorry I haven't been around and I miss you all! I will try to stop by and catch up properly sometime soon, but for now, I haven't forgotten you and want to give you these :hug:hug:hug:hug We're all fine here. Just a whole lot of stuff going on....good stuff...busy stuff.

:hug:hug

hello there friends!

Joanne~that is wonderful that you were able to spend time with your dd and watch a game and crochet...awesome! I have been washing bedding today and in between cooking, dishes and cleaning...crocheting, a ton of crocheting! :devil

Beth-did you get all caught up?

Marisa-wish I could get into the habit of washing my car every week, but darn, I just don't do it...gosh, need a fire under my tush. :blush did you work on your sweater today?

Colleen-hello there friend! So happy to read your post, can't wait to catch up with ya.

Can't stop making totes! I took all of my yarn out today to see what color combinations I could come up with...no easy task as I have quite a bit of yarn..but sooo much fun! I finished tote # 3 and am thinking of #4...so many possibilities.

Anyhow, here's a pic. hugs n squishes!

post-33271-13589765467_thumb.jpg

Hey there Colleen, glad to hear from you :hug:yay

I finished my first stashbuster tote today :clap Thanks for joining us LeeAnn over at the tote cal and I love all your creations :manyheart

Then I worked on a sleeve of my sweater :yay I want to line both of the bags I've done so far :think Hopefully I can get the first 1 done quick to send out to my sil as a mothers day gift :think

post-36814-135897654685_thumb.jpg

Good morning

Love the totes Marisa and LeeAnn! I started #5 last night!!

I was up way too late last night- didn't fall asleep until a little after 2AM- so many emotions going through my mind- 9/11- never ever forgotten and finally, a little bit of justice.

Colleen- I'm glad that things are ok and that you are "good" busy!!!!

I need to get ready for Paradise- luckily today I don't have to be in work until 9- (but I don't get out till 5:30)

Have a good Monday!

Morning!

It's morning right??? Don't feel rested. ;)

Marisa-the tote is fantastic! Love the color combo, what colors did you use? I really like the variegated look.:hug

Joanne-so sorry to hear that you did not sleep well, hope today is not too long for you. Will you have to work late every week? Saw the pic of FB of you and your dd, what a lovely picture! You both look soo sweet!

not much going on here, started another tote last night in medium Thyme. The granny one, hope I will get to work on it today. yesterday I washed dd's bedding, today is ds's and then tidying up. Going to see what other Spring Cleaning I need to do.

have a great day friends! Love and hugs!

Lovely totes ladies!!! Good work to all of you. They must be addictive.

I finished strip #4 on the flannelghan and need to attach it. One more to go, then I can start concentrating on projects for the sale in October. I'm trying to figure out a great way to display the stadium blankets, where they will be seen from a distance, and draw in the sports fans.

Joanne, I hope your late day in Paradise goes quickly, and traffic on the way home is smooth.

Marisa, Very nice tote - I love how the colors blend together.

LeeAnn, some mornings are easier than others. Good luck with the spring cleaning. Congrats on getting so much of it done.

I need to get going. My mom asked me to order flowers for her. Amazing how difficult it is to pick something from someone else.

I have the windows all installed in my bedroom. My dd is working now on applying new glazing putty. Once that's done (and cures) I only have to paint again, then it will be DONE!!! Of course, I have more than a dozen more windows to go... :eek

Oh Beth- that task of that many windows has me all tired out just thinking about it!!!!And YES, the totes ARE addictive- it's all I want to crochet now- and I really should be finishing up Ryan's RR!!! I keep saying I'm going to work on it after I finish a tote and then what do I do? I start another tote!!!:lol

LeeAnn- You are amazingly fast knocking out those totes!!!!! I've made 4 and I started before you- and you already have the 4th tote on your hook!

I have to work till 5:30 all week- and then not again June. There are 5 supervisors and we all take a week a month to be the "late supervisor" (I call it glorified babysitting and not necessary, but hey, it is what it is) We each get a month off - I don't have to work late in August!! Thanks for the compliment on the pic- my DD is very pretty if I do say so myself and looks so cute in her pregnant state!!

Marisa- Hope you had fun at Boscov's and "your" diner!

Stacy- How was school today- saw on FB that you messed up dates on when things were do and had to do something on your iphone- :eek

See you in the AM!

Hey ladies :hi

Just a quick stop to say hey. We decided not to go out to eat, we're gonna go on thursday and keep it at 1 day a week :lol Tonight, I bought a pair of sunglasses :D We'll be going back tomorrow and thursday and I will NOT be buying anything :no Lucky for me those 2 days are men's sales :lol Wed night we got tix for the phillies game, so will be going to that :yay And then I drive to my parents friday night after work :whew I'm tired already :lol

LeeAnn - Sorry, but I don't remember the colors nor do I have the labels :( I'll try to see what it was next time I go to the craft store :think

Evening all!

Joanne-glad that you only have to work one week of late nights. Babysitting is so true, I will be doing plenty of that while in this new position, but I think it will be fun. I only worked on the tote for a few minutes today. Dd needed a mani and pedi-I love doing her nails! She's soo sweet! her toesies are a new shade of bright orange and her fingernails are turquoise, oh to be young and fresh!

Marisa-shopping is fun! I love eating out too! :hug did you watch DWTS? It was pretty good, both of my kiddos are addicted! We all sit and watch it together, I usually polish dd's nails.

Beth-my gosh! you have tons of windows to do! Energy headed your way! You are almost done with your flannel ghan:cheer:clap:cheer can't wait to see it.

Finished more spring cleaning, I think I am almost finished, will wash the blinds tomorrow.

guess I had better get my tush to bed. Hugs n squishes!

night all!

:hi all!

Just a quick stop by...I am pooped. :yawn Today was our usual Y day, and it was so stinkin' hot, my energy is zapped. Made french toast for dinner, then dh went off to school, and I put the girls in the shower, then sent them to bed early. (Only by about 1/2 hour, though.)

My dr. called today to say my blood work came back and all is well. Which doesn't explain the fatigue...:think:shrug But I trust that she knows what she is talking about. :yes

I also received a call about a job this morning. I missed the call because I was in class, so I returned it and set an interview for tomorrow. Then the guy called me back at 4 and said that he wanted to have all of his interviews finished today, so I was out of the running for the job. :think Oh, well, I'm not too upset- it obviously wasn't the one for me.

Well, enough from here- I am going to take a shower and crawl into bed. I'll be back tomorrow to do individual posts. Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Stacy- You have the right attitude-this job wasn't the one for you- seriously- he calls back to say he wants all the interviews in one day so you are out of the running? All things happen for a reason!! Are you planning to work over the summer or year round?

LeeAnn- I was flipping between DWTS and the Yankees- but last night mostly stayed with DWTS- just flipped to the Yankees during commercials! i worked some more on my tote. Orange toes and turqouise fingers- You just gotta love it!!! And I am sure your DD does!!!

Marisa- I wonder how many votes Hines Ward will get from your mom alone??:lol

Beth-Will you get to paint the window today? I say for every window done, you get to crochet something!

Hope you all have a good day!!!

Well, my husband threw a wrench into the works yesterday. He decided that he needed a cell phone NOW!!! He isn't a big phone user, but he sees how darn convenient it is when you have to meet up with kids somewhere, and he's going to be driving my son to his WSI class in another city, so he thought he'd jump into this century, and get his own phone. So I went yesterday and got him one -- easy enough -- he can't carry one with a camera to his job, so I got him the one they had that fit that bill. It's a nice flip phone. It doesn't text as easily as ours does, though.

Sewed strip #4 to the flannelghan at work yesterday. I hope to get most of the last strip done today. I have 2 1/2 blocks out of 7 done as of now. I ordered the flowers my mom asked me to get, paid bills, and renewed our zoo membership this morning. I love doing things online. My to do list is still quite long for today. At least I don't tutor. That gives me a longer expanse of time to get things done.

Joanne, I am so glad I got the kids to help with the window. The two that are unemployed are quite happy to work for pay. And they are very good workers. My dd seemed to enjoy the glazing putty. She spends hours working with clay for fun. This time it wasn't as pretty, but she did earn money for doing it. I need to refresh my memory, but I think I need to wait a week for the putty to cure before I can paint the final coat.

Marisa, You are busy! I hope you enjoy the phillies game!

Stacy, You have a great attitude about the job. I hope you find one that deserves to have you. I hope you find out why you are so tired. One of the ballet moms told me her mother has celiac, but the main symptom was fatigue and anemia. Just something to think about...

LeeAnn, way to go, getting your spring cleaning done!!! Mine might be done, by the time my grandchildren are grown. (You all know my kids are teens, and I don't have any grandchildren yet, right?) As far as all the windows, they aren't on the to do list for this year. I would have been happy just finishing my bedroom this year. This is a long-term project. I may push for the dining room windows to get done, too, though.

Well, we are doing the cat care thing today, to fill in for someone who can't make it, so I need to get moving. Have a good one!

Hugs!:hug :hug :hug:flower:sun

Good morning ladies :hi

Mary called me this morning and was at the hospital with her mom who had a mini stroke last night not long after we got back from boscovs. Mary had just gotten home and her Aunt called her saying her mom woke up coughing and with slurred speech, so Mary left right back out to go take her to the hospital. By the time they got there she was doing better already, but already has alot of health issues and they pretty much took her right in. She text me 3x last night but I never heard it. They done lots of tests and so far saying everything looks pretty good. Please keep her in your prayers :hug :hug :hug

Last night I started another tote for my aunt and I'll give them for mother's day, but if they want them lined....they gotta give them back because I just don't have time to do it this week :lol

LeeAnn - I missed dwts last night :( I think I messed up the order of importance on my dvr bc it taped a different show instead of that....I have to check it out :shrug:think

Stacy - I'm glad you have a good attitude, seriously that's weird and I'm just assuming he already interviewed someone during the day that he really liked and hired on the spot :think You're right, not for you and if he'd just cancel like that, you don't want to be working under him anyway :yes

Joanne - Well, I'm figuring she got 30 votes in :think Because it was 6 allowed and she votes by calling and texting from hers and my dad's cell phones and then calls from the house phone. She's not tech savvy and doesn't really know how to use the internet, unless she had my dad go online to vote more :think:lol I usually use half my votes on hines and the other half on kirstie, but since I missed it last night they all went to hines since of course that's the number my mom text me to vote :lol I couldn't dare ask her for someone else's number :eek She might bury me alive :rofl

Beth - Welcome dh to this century :clap They are convenient esp when you have kids so I'm glad he realizes that :yes WTG on your FG, can't wait to see it done.

hi there!

Beth-hope you get some down time today, and that the kittens are doing well. Will you take a summer break from tutoring?

Joanne-crossing my fingers that your day in Paradise flies by and that you can work on your tote this evening, those totes just call me name...too loud!:devil I bet you will finish your other project soon.

Marisa-your mom is soo funny! Hines danced well last night, I will be watching tonight, the kiddos and dh try to take the remote, but not during my DWTS-could be dangerous! :yes

Stacy-do you feel more energized? Sometimes diagnosing something can be tricky. Do you get to crochet the other day?

Still cleaning, but...I am almost there..for now at least. Whew! Waiting for the kitchen floor to dry so that I can move the furniture back in.

BBL! Hugs n squishes!

:tired I got my list done!!! (Not the windows, but the other stuff.) I typed the program for the recital, took it in, had it corrected, changed it, took it back in, and it's on its way to the printers. (I e-mailed the printers an electronic version, which makes their job easier, too.) We took care of the kitties, which was very nice. We bought the groceries we needed. We went to the bank. We stood in line for the post office, then left, because my dd wanted to go home. I went back to the post office after dropping the corrected program at the studio. I also went to the hardware store and bought more glaziers putty so my dd could finish the window in my room. I ordered the flowers on behalf of my mom. (She's not computer savvy, either.) I called her and told her what I got. I paid bills. Then I took a nap. Now I'm trying to wake up again. I got my coffee started. I am planning on working on my hubby's flannelghan again.

Marisa, my prayers are with Mary and her family. I hope her mom comes through this well. How is Mary coping?

LeeAnn, are you enjoying your squeaky clean house?? You've been working hard on it -- it must be so nice to look at it and enjoy the final result.

Stacy, how are the exams coming along? Are these your finals? Will you take the summer off from classes? My son has his exam next week. He is taking the summer off. I think that's good. Since the base where he works is closing this year, a lot of full-time workers are quitting to find new jobs. He's working a lot more hours now. I think that's good, since he'll be going to school full-time right about the time his job ends.

Joanne, I'm thrilled with the progress on this window. I am going to take the rest of the day (that I'm not at work) and concentrate on the flannelghan. I'd love to finish with the border and everything by this weekend. Speaking of which, how do you edge a flannelghan? Which color(s) do you use for the border?

Beth... BBBBeeeeeeeeetttttttttthhhhhhhhhhh

Did you hear that? My coffee is calling!!! BBL :coffee:morcoffee

Good evening friends@

Beth-:cheer:cheer:cheeryou go! that is awesome that you did everything on your list and best of all you are almost finished with the flannel ghan, don't you just get so excited when you are about to finish something?

I did my cleaning and am going to call it done!!!! And I managed to squeeze time to finish tote #4, it is much smaller than the others, but I love it! I of course want to keep it, but I think that it has already been claimed as all the other totes have been. My friend Rose, my sister, mother in-law and my mom...I am hoping to line them, but just don't feel like sewing.

here's a pic. Hugs n squishes!!!!

post-33271-135897655331_thumb.jpg

Lovely tote LeeAnn

Beth- I think I just did a simple border- and I used both of the colors held together if I recall---but I'll have to take a look at it when I go upstairs later and let you know for sure!! WTG on getting so much done!!!! And I loved your coffee calling you!!

Off for the night- it's already almost 9 and I still have some crocheting to do or my day won't be complete

hugs to all---Beth, LeeAnn, Stacy, Marisa, Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen!!

Hey Ladies :hi

Just going to be quick again. Just got in and I want to get something done :think Trying to decide on working on my aunt's tote or get both their linings sewn up :think I stopped at Joann's on the way home from boscov's to pick up fabric for their lining. If I have the linings ready to go, I can always finish up the crocheting and sewing in the lining while I'm there. But my mom doesn't have a sewing maching :think We'll see, it's a busy week :sigh

Mary and her mom just left the hospital around 6 tonight so needless to say I went to boscov's by myself. It was the same guy working and he let me sign all 3 of us in and stamped all our cards :yay:clap All of her testing seemed to come back ok, so still no real answers :(

Marisa, How frustrating for Mary and her mom not to know WHY that happened. No news is not always good news. I hope her mom continues to do well. How nice of the man from the store to stamp all your cards.

Joanne, Happy Hump day!!! How is your staying late to babysit going? On my flannelghan, I do think both colors together will look very nice. I was thinking a row or two around, nothing fancy. Keep it looking clean and simple.

LeeAnn, I love that tote, too. They sure must be addictive! But you need to make at least one more, so you can keep one!!!

Mary, Are you getting set for your craft show?

I am tutoring today, and working this evening, which keeps me from doing my girls-night-out thing. Oh well. This is the last month of regular classes.

See you later,

:hug :hug :hug

Good morning ladies :coffee

Morning came too early again, always seems to happen on wednesdays for me more so than any other day ;shrug Does't help that I went to bed late either.

I'm going to the Phillies game tonight, so won't be back until tomorrow monring. It'll be fun and I hope the rain lets up by then, which I think it's supposed to :xfin

Good morning and Happy Hump Day (although I wish I were saying TGIF):lol This week seems unusually long I guess since my hours are different and I'm working later.

I just have to finish the handles on tote#5 and I would like to try lining it, but it may prove to be a challenge since I'll have to do it all by hand. So, it may just stay unlined...we'll see:think

I have to pick up DH at the airport tonight so I may not be on till tomorrow morning!

Hope you all have a good day and Marisa hope that the :2rain goes away by tonight for the game!!

Archived