Some good clean fun?!

Good Morning!

Stacy-how ya doing? What kind of part time job are you looking for? Hope all is well.

Joanne-it does feel like a long week. You are on tote #5? wow! I still haven't lined any of the ones made, I am being lazy...but I know that I should so that the bag holds it shape.:lol What color/s is the latest bag going to be?

Marisa-glad to hear that Mary's mom was released from the hospital, hope they find out what is wrong. Glad that you were able to get your cards stamped at Boscov, what happens when you get it all stamped?

Beth-the eding of dc's sounds like a great idea! Did you make your flannelghan in dc's or hdc's? Sorry that you can't meet up with your friends, can you do it next week?

Nothing new to report, today is Early Release, also have to run in for a few groceries, seems like I'm always shopping. :devil I had shopped on Saturday, but we are out of the basics.

Will be opening the shop on Saturday for a Mother's Day Sale, hoping it goes well.

Are any of you doing something special on Mother's day?

best get my tush in gear. BBL! Hugs n squishes!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Busy, busy day yesterday! My plan was to work a little later than I had to and then head to the airport to pick up DH! Well, that plan got waylayed since he called at 6:30 (I was still at work) to tell me his flight was delayed by at least an hour (darn rain). So I left work at 7, came home, quickly grabbed something to eat and then headed out again and went to the airport! It was late by the time we got home and we watched Idol which I had DVR'd and then called it a night (a late night)

LeeAnn- Tote #5 is in gray and lavendar- with my Stylecraft DK yarn I ordered from the UK (ordered from Deramores- free shipping to the US). I love this yarn!!! Hoping to finish it tonight since I did not have any crochet therapy at all yesterday!

Good luck at the sale on Saturday!

My youngest and middle DD are coming over on Sunday for Mother's Day- and we are going to the Rutgers annual flower/plant sale- I'm hoping to pick up my hanging flower baskets I put out every year. Looking forward to a relaxing day! My Mom is in heaven- and she passed away on Mother's Day (which was May 9 the year she died) so it is always a kind of reflective day for me.

Marisa- Did you have fun at the game? I see the PHillies won- but it must have been a little chilly at the ballpark! But it's always warmer when your team wins!!!

Beth- Hows the flannel'ghan coming along? I know you said you had work last night- so hopefully, it went by fast

Stacy- I saw on FB that you are having quite the heat wave out in LA!!! We are cooler than normal here- but I am not complaining--the heat/humidity will be here soon enough and I'm in no hurry for it.

Well, off to get ready for Paradise- and it's another late night- so I'll see you later gators!!!

:yarnThe flannelghan is done!!! I edged it with two rows of sc, because that seemed easy. I think it looks OK. I finished it before work, so I made a couple of hats in the evening. I am working on a third hat today, so I'll be caught up to my charity quota, then I'll start on items for the craft fair in October.

Joanne, isn't it good to have the husband home!!! It's good that he called to let you know he'd be delayed. Maybe your evening can go according to plan today. Did you finish that tote? the colors sound lovely.

Marisa, congrats on your team winning. It must be so exciting to go to a professional baseball game. We sometimes go see a college summer league that plays nearby. It's fun to watch those boys -- they really put their heart into it.

LeeAnn, are you done with your spring cleaning? Good luck when you open the store for Mother's Day. Will you be selling some of your items?

Stacy, try not to melt out there. It's too early for that!!! I hope you and your family are well and happy.

Not much going on here, and it makes me very happy. I need to do some house cleaning, I tutor, and I drive my son to his class in the next town over. It's 3 hours, and there are a couple of nice craft store nearby, plus a Starbucks, so I think I might be able to find some way to stay entertained. :):c9:manyheart:devil:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:coffee

My Phillies won :clap:yay I get moving because I have to stop at the post office on the way to work to pick up something certified :think And that one is backtracking, I usually use the one is the next town because it's on my way :(

LeeAnn - when we finish all the days at boscov's we get a free mixing set with handle and spout :lol

Joanne - It was a bit chilly, but we were in a suite :D So were able to get away a bit, but I worked on my SB tote and it kept my hands warm :idea

Beth - I love going to any games :lol Can't wait to see pics of the FG

Gotta run

Good day all!

Marisa-wtg for your team!!!! Those totes sure are addicting, hope you were able to get to the post office before work.:hug

Joanne-your new yarn sounds yummy! And the color combo is just fantastic! Hope you get time to :hook this evening.:hug

Beth-:clap:cheer:clap yippeee! You finished the ghan, can't wait to see pics. And you made your hat quote too, you are just awesome!

Not a dern thing going on over here.:devil I am taking a break from crocheting, my thumb was pretty sore as well as my wrist...today is my second day without hooking and can I just say,...I'm lonely, I miss it! I have been reading in my spare time but it just isn't the same.

I am officially finished with Spring Cleaning and am soo glad, uggghhh. What a chore!

off to pick up the kiddos from school. BBL! Hugs n sssssquuishess!!

Another long day and I'm just checking in to say hi! And then I want to sit and crochet before I fall asleep (of course I have to watch Idol to see who is not returning)

WTG on finishing the flannel'ghan Beth!!! And yes, I could definitely enjoy some time with yarn and coffee at the Bux!!!! It's nice to have DH back home- although he is out tonight teaching and won't be home till around 9:30. I like the quiet when I come home from work though- it helps me decompress!

LeeAnn- Sorry to hear about the wrist and thumb and may I just say- congrats on the spring cleaning be completed!!! WTG!!! I still have more left to do! But I do want to work outside on Sat weather permitting! I'm hoping to finish the tote tonight!!

Off to hook- and I'll see you in the AM!

Good morning!

Joanne, Happy TGIF to you!!! You've just about made it through the late week. Won't it feel good to be back on your regular schedule?

Stacy, I thought about you and Joanne when I went to Trader Joe's yesterday. I got some Joe's Dark coffee. First time I ever used a coffee grinder, instead of buying preground. Can't wait to try it. I also bought a LOT of gluten free goodies. I bought 2 bags of bagels, some chocolate - yummy! Next time I need to bring a cooler, so I can buy some frozen pancakes and waffles. They are so much cheaper than at the grocery store.

LeeAnn, Do you have anything to do to get ready to open the store tomorrow?

Marisa, have you worked on your sweater lately?

Today should be a good one. I still haven't finished that third hat. It's very labor intensive, back and front post stitches, but it is looking very good. I started with white, when to cream, then light tan. I will finish with darker tan. The color changes are looking good, and I'm using up some small balls of yarn.

Well, I need to start my coffee! Talk to you later, :hug :hug :hug

As Beth said- TGIF!!!!!

So happy this work week is coming to an end!!! And it will be good to be back on my regularly scheduled programming...I mean hours....next week!

Beth- that hat sounds really nice with those color changes! I'm enjoying a cup of Joe's Dark as I sit here. I haven't bought pre-ground coffee in ages. I think it tastes so much better when you grind the beans right before brewing it. I hope you like it! I bring an insulated bag when I trek to Trader Joe's. Enjoy your goodies!!

LeeAnn- Will you be going to the store today to set up the store for the Mother's Day sale? Good luck with it!!

Marisa- Will you be heading out tonight to go to your parents? Enjoy your weekend at the winery- and have a glass for me!!! Did you watch Idol? My man James is still in the running- I think it will be between him and Haley.

Off to get ready for "just another day in paradise"

Good morning ladies :hi

I didn't get back until late last night, so didn't even turn the computer on. I did finish my tote, still have to hide the tails and put in both linings.

LeeAnn - WTG on your spring cleaning :clap:yay

Joanne - Heading out straight from work tonight, so will be a long day!! I like James and Scotty, I really do not like Haley at all :( To the point that I just fast forward through her :lol There's just something about her, not quite sure what it is though :think

Beth - I haven't worked on my sweater since the weekend, so still have the first sleeve going :lol Only becuase I decided to make these bags for mother's day so went forth with that :yes My mom and aunt will love them :manyheart

Speaking of........... here's a pic of the 2nd one.

post-36814-135897655788_thumb.jpg

Marisa- It's beautiful!!! Love, love, love it!!!!

About Haley- I think she is someone you either like--or you don't---there is something about her raspy voice and I really liked her rendition of House of the rising sun- I used to play that song over and over and over when I was a teen!!!

You may be right- Scotty is very popular-- but for me it's James all the way!!!

Enjoy your weekend of fun!!!!

Hello again

I just wanted to post the pics of my hubby's afghan. This is on our bed -- see how nicely it fits? The second picture shows the edging.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! :manyheart

Marisa- It's beautiful!!! Love, love, love it!!!!

About Haley- I think she is someone you either like--or you don't---there is something about her raspy voice and I really liked her rendition of House of the rising sun- I used to play that song over and over and over when I was a teen!!!

You may be right- Scotty is very popular-- but for me it's James all the way!!!

Enjoy your weekend of fun!!!!

Only time will tell and the funny thing is that I'm usually all over the whole raspy voice thing :think:lol

Hi all

Here's a pic of the Stash Buster tote #5

Long long day- and I met DH for dinner at the diner on the way home from work- and now I'm ready to finish watching the Yankees with hook and yarn!

post-27163-135897655884_thumb.jpg

HI all!

quick post, had a rough day. Will go into it later, I feel drained.

Joanne-fabulous tote! Love it!

Beth-super delicious and cuddly ghan! How sweet! Great work, makes me want to crawl under and just veg.

Marisa-absolutely adore the tote! Glad you made it to your parents house.

will be back to post more this evening, going to sit with ds.

hugs n squishes!

:hi all!

It's been a long week. I'm so ready for bed, but I have to read over a few chapters and get my cheat sheet ready for my soc. 1 midterm on Sunday. Eva has had tummy troubles for about the past 2 weeks, and I'm thinking she is either lactose- or gluten- intolerant. :think We switched to lactose-free milk a couple days ago and are trying that first, because she's been consuming a ton of milk since this started. We are considering a switch to g/f for everyone, though. Beth, I saw your post about that possibly being the cause of my fatigue. It's funny you mentioned that, because if I have a rice cake with peanut butter for breakfast, I'm good for the day. But if I eat toast/bagel/English muffin, etc., I'm drained by 8.

Marisa, your tote is cute! You all are on a roll with the totes!

Beth, I love your flannel'ghan! Looks fantastic, and I love how it fits on your bed perfectly. :yes

Joanne, did you see Starbucks' Frappuccino Happy Hour is back? I missed it today, but I think it's going on until the 16th. I also stopped at TJ's today and got some goodies- I haven't been shopping there is a few weeks, it was nice to go back. I bought malted milk chocolate chip cookies. :drool Eva talked me into buying them at the checkout stand (I really don't like those checkout displays! :lol) and then she didn't want any. Kids.

Mary, Leeann, Colleen, LeaAnne, Shannon, Sarah- love and hugs all around! Miss you guys! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Stacy- Yes, I did know about the "happy hour" fraps- hoping to treat myself to one today! I missed yesterday since it's only from 2-5 and I didn't get out of work till 5:30~~ I love how it is 2-5- working hours- but I guess that is smart on their part- less they have to give for 1/2 price during those hours! Good luck on the Soc mid-term!

Marisa- Glad to see you arrived safe and sound at your parents and you are probably on your way to upstate NY for the winery tours! Have a great time!!!

LeeAnn- Good luck with the sale today- and sorry to see yesterday was a tough day!

Beth- Did you start any of your projects for the craft show? I started another tote last night- but didn't get too far. I was really tired and headed up to bed early and feel much better this morning. Does DS have any swim meets this weekend?

Off to start the Saturday ritual- but first, I need another cup of coffee!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all!

Joanne, the happy hour here is 3-5- you're right, the less they have to sell at 1/2 price! :yes

I fell asleep last night, right after I posted! :eek So much for my test notes. I have to work on them today.

Isabella had a soccer game this morning- they won, but just barely. The opposing team scored 5 goals in the first half- we didn't even start scoring until the second half! :eek Isabella played goalie for about 5 minutes, until the coach realized that she was trying to kick the ball away from the goal, rather than catching it. :lol I think she's ready to try another sport after this season is over.

We have a party to go to in a couple hours. Isabella's friend made her first communion today and the mom personally invited me, so I feel obligated to go. :blush We will only stay for a couple hours, though- I really need to try to get these notes pounded out!

Love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy- the happy hour here is 3-5 too- I don't know why I thought it was 2-5- and sadly enough I didn't get there today either. Maybe tomorrow!!! I ended up doing a ton of weeding this morning and then we went and got mulch and put that down and everything looks so nice out front now! Could not believe how many weeds there were!! But glad it's over- and I didn't get to all my usual Saturday chores, got the most important things done.

My back is a little achy- actually my body is a little achy- so I treated myself to a manicure/pedicure- and thoroughly enjoyed the massage chair!!! This getting old stinks!

Hoping to be able to sit and crochet tonight!

See you in the AM!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I met with my IRL crochet friends at a coffee shop. It was nice -- I haven't seen them in over a month. I brought my laptop and camera, and helped my friend post her first finished project in the show and tell section here at Crochetville. We had a great time. The coffee was really yummy, too.

My dd has her recital next weekend, and things are really gearing up for it. She will be dancing 6 days next week. I don't know how they are supposed to do a good job dancing when they are exhausted from the extra rehearsals. Also, how well can they be expected to dance when the choreography is being changed at the last minute?

Joanne, I'm very happy to report that my son is between swim seasons right now, which works, because he's taking his WSI certification this month. He will be Red Cross certified to teach swimming and water safety at the end. (Assuming he passes.) My other son has his final in his nutrition class on Monday. He says it was easy.

Stacy, good luck with your notes. I hope you get them done in between all your other activities today. First Communion is a big deal. It's good you are going.

Marisa, I hope you are having a wonderful time at your parents' house. Are you getting your hair done?

LeeAnn, I am thinking about you and your store. I hope your day is going well, and you are making lots of sales.

I guess I"ll go. I started my first stadium blanket for the sale, trying the join-as-you-go method, and I"m not really sure I like it. I guess I'll finish the second strip before I make up my mind. It seems a bit holey so far.

Have a great one! And in case I don't get on-line, Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! And to those of you who have mothers, or know mothers!

Joanne, a mani/pedi sounds wonderful after all of that yard work! WTG. I didn't get my frapp today, either- the party was at 5, we left at 4 so we could pick up the gift, but I figured it didn't make sense to get one then, because there is no way I could finish it within an hour. :lol I'm thinking I will stop tomorrow after my exam. :yes The perfect treat after a test.

Beth, good luck to your dd at her recital! And to your ds on his WSI certification. Is the nutrition class your ds taking, a college course? Is this the ds who wants to be a nurse? Good luck to him, too. How are you using join-as-you-go on the flannel'ghan? :think That would be interesting.

Marisa, hope you're having fun at your parents' house! Have a safe trip home.

Well, we went to the party, and the girls had a wonderful time. There was a bouncer, and a magician. The magician was pretty funny, but I think a lot of his jokes went over the kids' heads. :think The mom just had the most wonderful things to say about Isabella, and how well the girls get along. :manyheart Isabella is now bugging me about communion classes. :lol

Oh, remember that lump I had in my abdomen a couple years ago? It's back. :( Dh thought maybe that's why I have been so tired, but from what I remember, it was just extremely painful. I am going to schedule an appointment with the dr. on Monday, just to be sure it's the same thing.

Well, I am tired yet again, so I'm going to wrap it up for the night. Happy Mother's Day!!! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Hope you all have a wonderfully special day tomorrow.

:flowerHappy Mother's Day!!!

Stacy- Glad to hear you had fun at the party!! And good luck today on your Soc exam- I'm sure you'll rock it!!! And yup- a frap sounds like a nice reward! Hope that the lump in the abdomen is nothing- but good idea to get it checked out.

Beth- Crocheting and coffee with IRL friends-:manyheart That is my idea of a nice time!!! Any special plans for Mother's Day?

Marisa- Hope you had a great time at the wineries!!

LeeAnn- Hope things are ok and that the sale went well yesterday!

Heading over at 10 to my "mom-to-be" DD's house for breakfast and then she and middle DD and I are heading over to Rutgers Gardens to buy some hanging flower baskets! My oldest DD made a donation to Partners in Health in my name for Mother's Day- I thought that was a sweet gift!!!

Off to grab some coffee and hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Archived