Some good clean fun?!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Stacy, I'm glad you are getting the lump checked out. Lumps need to be checked. It would be great to find out why you are so tired. Oh, you're right. The nutrition class is for my nurse-to-be. And RoseRed included a nice pictorial on join-as-you-go for the flannelghans in her CAL. I think it would look better with an hdc rather than dc flannelghan. The tall stitches leave a bit of a gap. Even though you have an exam, I hope you have a great mother's day to go with your great children.

Joanne, you mother's day sounds awesome! Enjoy it. I'm doing the grocery shopping and tutoring (I think, unless his mom wants to keep him at home to celebrate with her.) Then I'm chilling at home with my amazing inventions.

LeeAnn, waiting to hear what's up with you! I hope your children spoil you today. But what would they get you? Candles and soap are out. :think

Marisa, Enjoy spending Mother's Day with your mom. I hope you two manage to do something fun together.

Well, off to the fun world of grocery stores! At least it isn't the first of the month.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! :flower

We had a lot of fun yesterday and bought a lot of wine :lol Stopped for dinner at the cracker barrel on the way home :D I sewed the linings into the 2 bags during the trip and my mom and aunt loved them :yes I gave them to them yesterday. Today we're just have hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. Mom does not like to go out on this day because it's too crowded.

See y'all later.

Good Morning besties!!!!!

Oh how I have missed all of you! I am soo sorry that I have been gone. Things were extremely hectic.

Joanne-Happy Mother's Day !! Your day planned with two of your dd's is sure to be special and fun! :manyheart Shopping for flowers is exciting, never know what you will find, hoping that you get your frap too!:hug:hugthe gift that your dd did in your name is awful sweet!

Beth-Happy Mother's Day to you my dear friend! I hope that your amazing inventions do something extra special for you today! you are a fantastic mom! I tried the join as you go method for the flannelghan and just didn't like it. It was faster but somehow it just didn't seem right. I hope that yours turns out well.:hugYour ds's and dd are doing so well. I bet your dd is kinda stressed if the choreoghraphy is changed often, that would sure send me in a tizzy. Will keep my fingers and toes crossed that your ds passes his WSI test. And your other ds, is going to Ace that Nutrition final!

Stacy-Happy Mother Day to you sweety! I hope that you feel better soon, the lump sounds danderous...oh my! Please let us know what the doc says. Will you get to do something fun today with your family? I hope so!:hug I still have my dd's first Communion dress, she has two..I am thinking of selling/donating them so that some other little girl can enjoy being all dressed up for that special occasion.

Marisa-ohhh laaa laaa! You wine adventure sounds fun, what kind of wine do you like to drink? So glad that your aunt and mom loved the totes, I was sure that they would. You are fanatstico to get them lined too! Awesome!

Friday was a not so good afternoon. When I picked up the kiddos, ds was acting very strange. On the way home, he had a meltdown...total meltdown. I had to pull over on the side of the road. He was hysterical. He has been bullied by a few kids this last 2 months and just couldn't take it. and then to make matters worse, his Soccer coach crossed the line between professionalism and really chewed his tush in front of the entire class for not wanting to participate in the game. The kid that is the Captain of the team was one of the bullies. He had made some very nasty remarks to Cristopher during class and during the game, when Cristopher asked if he could sit out the coach told him, that he was tired of his #@!* and that he was going to play until he told him to stop and that he was going to make him run until he felt tired.....:angry:angry my head was spinning..I called dh so that we could both try to calm him down and talk about what to do next. We tried going back to the school but the teachers had already left. Soo that was Friday night. We were finally able to get him to drink water and take a break. We will def, be going to the school tomorrow morning, so many things have been going thru my head, do we pull him out? We have all finally decided to pull him out of the soccer class, they only meet 2 times a week, let him finsh the school year, since he only has 10 more days then transfer him to another school. This middle school just does not meet our expectations of how our children should be treated and educated. I went to the same middle school and transfered schools in 7th grade, I was hoping that things would have changed.

The sale went well, I had made a few bars of Tropical Vacation and Coconut striped soap for the event. I did get a special order for 3 candles, will go drop them off this morning.

Dh is planning a Mother's day feast! Yesterday he cooked and cleaned in preperation for today. He baked a cake, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Today he is going to put the ham in the oven and warm everything up including my favorite bread rolls, butter and salad! wow! I am so blessed.

oh my, trying to think of what else is going on...so much that I have had insomnia but am hoping that I can take a break this afternoon...best get my tush in gear, have to deliver candles!

love and hugs!

Hugs to you LeeAnn- How trying for you this past few months with the culmination on Friday!! Good luck with your trek to the school tomorrow- My heart breaks for you and DS- bullying is just so awful! It is sad that the school hasn't changed since you were there!

Had a wonderful day with my DD's--Breakfast was awesome and then when DD and her BF came over we headed over to Rutgers Gardens- what a beautiful place!! The weather was spectacular and the perfect day to walk around on the grounds and then finally head over to the flower and plant sale.

We watched part of the Yankee game while DD's BF made homemade pizza and I sat and crocheted a little bit. Oldest DD called and we chatted for a bit. It was just a very nice, relaxing day- and I'm so blessed that I have such wonderful daughters!!

Hugs to all of you!

Hey ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day :hug :hug

Wanted to stop in to let you know I made it back to Philly :D Now going to find something on the dvr and then call it a night :c9

LeeAnn - Give ds some :hug :hug :hug :hug for me. It's a tough time to go through and I'm sure you'll all get through this. Good idea to just finish out the last 10 days of the year and go from there :yes Good luck and I'll be sending positive thoughts your way tomorrow morning when you head to the school :xfin:hug :hug

Marisa, Welcome home! I hope you had a great time with your family. How lucky you are to get to visit your mom on Mother's Day!

Joanne, it sounds like your day was :c9. Your daughters sound like wonderful women.

LeeAnn, Good luck with the school today. Lots of extra hugs for your son. I'm so sorry to hear he's being bullied. I started homeschooling after my dd was bullied in elementary school.

Stacy, Are you done with finals? When do you go to the doctor?

Mary, LeaAnne, Colleen, Elizabeth, Sarah, Vicki and Shannon, I hope you are all doing well. You are in my thoughts every day! :hug

Good morning!

Positive thoughts LeeAnn- I'll be thinking of you today.

Stacy- Good luck with the doctor today! How do you think you did on the Soc exam? I'm sure you rocked it!!! Definitely trying to get out of work on time and get to the Bux before 5 so I can finally have a 1/2 price skinny frap!!

Marisa- Glad you are home safe and sound and that you had a wonderful weekend. Now it's back to reality- and work!

Beth- Did you figure out what you are going to do with the Stadium blanket- as far as the join as you go? Have a good Monday- and week- I'm sure it will be very busy since DD has another recital this weekend- Do you have to work every night to sell tix this week?

Off to get ready for work- at least I don't have to figure out what to wear. It's Nurse's Week so we can wear scrubs to work! (ah, the simple things)

Good morning ladies :coffee

I was up a half hour before my alarm went off, but just stayed in bed until it did :lol Nothing new to report over here :shrug

LeeAnn - sending positive thoughts your way this morning and waiting to hear how all pans out :hug

Stacy - Is your dr appt today? I'm sure you did great on your exams, do you have anymore left yet, or are you all done?

Joanne - I love wearing scrubs to work :yes I used to dress for work, but once I was told I could wear scrubs it was all over :lol I save soooo much money now because I don't really shop for clothes anymore :shrug

I hope everyone's monday goes well.

Good afternoon!

Joanne-i love scrubs too! We used to wear the scrub tops when I worked as a preschool teacher. I loved doing lots of hands on activities with the kiddos, I always wore a t-shirt underneath so that I could take the scrub off before heading home. This also cut down on all the germs, I wouldn't bring them home to my family because they were all wrapped up and ready to launder. Hope you get to the Bux before 5.

Beth-you are going to be busy as a bee, with the recital and tutoring, and homeschooling and and and. hope you do not have to work too late this week selling tickets.

Marisa-I was awake before the alarm rang this morning too.:P hoping that you have a great day!

First I would like to say thank you for all the warm thoughts and positive vibes, I really felt more calm as we were walking into the school office today. We spoke to the assistant principal, he was very open and friendly. Really not what I was expecting, but it was nice to be listened to. Together with our insistence, ds will be removed from the soccer class immediately. A mentor will meet with him periodically to see how he is feeling and what he can help him with. We are willing to give it a try for these last two weeks...then we all agreed that ds would benefit from counseling-I have been thinking of this for quite some time, Ds had asked if he could see a counselor to talk about his feelings..I thought that was very mature of him and yet am terrified. It is hard to think that I can not just sweep in and "fix" everything. I think that learning to deal with his feelings as well as learning skills that will help him be more assertive will help him in the future, but I do not want to minimize the bullying and let ds think it is something that is his fault. The principal said that he will address the children that are bullying ds, but to what extent, I can't be sure. The principal has offered support for next year as well, the mentor program, a buddy system, counseling and follow up meetings to ensure that ds is comfortable and is handling school well.

I also talked to some of the staff at the other school that we are thinking of transferring him to, they have a bus that will pick the children up near our house at 6:30 and drop off at 4:20. Unfortunately I work in the opposite direction, about 40 minutes away and would not make it back in time to meet the bus, however the kiddos can walk over to the local community center-which is literally right next to the school and wait for me to pick them up....Neither of my children have ever rode the school bus, we have always dropped/picked them up, and dd would have to change schools too...so many decisions to make, not sure what we are going to do. This weighs so heavily on my mind, I am glad that we have options and can only do our best, but the perfection in me wants everything to be fixed with the least amount of change/transition/stress for the kiddos...I just do not to make rash decisions that are based on fear.

can't seem to get with my to list of chores today, need to re-organize my Etsy shop inventory, since some of the goodies have sold, need to think about what the next step will be. Guess I will try to motivate myself.

sorry to dump on all of you. hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn-

It does sound like you have some hard decisions to make but you and your DH seem to have a very good attitude and not rushing into anything without weighing the options- pro and con. I think that counseling may benefit your DS. My DD's had counseling when their father and I divorced- and there was a group that met every week at school. They have told me since then that it really helped them to deal with their feelings and they didn't feel like they were the only ones going through a rough time. I know you will make the right decision and sometimes as much as we want, we can't always fix everything for our kids. That's the hard part of being a parent- we want to be the ones to fix everything and make them not hurt!

Hang tough!!!

Hope everyone had a good day- Paradise was good- not overwhelmed for the first time in a few weeks- but tomorrow will be a little busy- but at least we're getting lunch for Nurse's Week!!!

Off to hook for a bit to decompress and watch some DWTS!!!

Good morning,

Joanne, I hope today is another "not overwhelming" day at Paradise. Isn't it good to have a hook to come home to, for destressing!

LeeAnn, You have a lot to think about concerning your children. I'm glad you are doing counselling. It is hard not to be able to fix everthing.

Marisa, I think I'd like a job where I could wear scrubs to work. When you have your own business, will that be your dress code?

Stacy, thinking about you.

Today is the day the ballet studio hands out costumes for the recital. The thought is parents can get everything steamed (or ironed) and sewn if adjustments needs to be made, and get pictures made before hand. Then they bring the costumes to the recital, change into them to dance, changed back into street clothes, and leave the costmes there. I'm helping, for some odd reason. I'll be there from 11 to 7.

Can't wait for the recital to be over.

Good morning!

Beth- Sounds like a long day for you ahead. Gee, I wonder why you can't wait for the recital to be over?;) Hope the time flies by and there are no meltdowns- I can remember going to get my DD's costumes and dreading the altering that had to be done- and sewing and me are not exactly best of friends! In the end, though, all worth it to see them perform. :)

Stacy- I saw on FB that you got 101% on your Soc mid term!! WTG!!!! Were you able to get to the doc yesterday?

Marisa- Any bargains at Boscov's last night? Or did you just go to get your ticket stamped?

LeeAnn- Were you able to get any sleep last night? I sure hope so- I know that all of this must be weighing heavily on your mind. Playing with your Etsy shop and some yarn is always good stress relief therapy!! At least for me, my yarn is my way to de-stress!

Mary- How's the sweater making coming? Have you finished all of the ones you want to make for the craft fair?

LeaAnne- Not sure if you lurk here, but I saw your pics on FB - congrats to Petey on his First Communion- and your DD looked beautiful for her sophomore semi!. Are you still loving your job?

Colleen- Thinking of you too- and hope all good things are happening for you!

Well, off to get ready for paradise soon- but first I want to sew in some ends on the tote I almost finished before running out of yarn!! I need to check stash tonight and am praying I have another skein of the turqua so I can finish up- a row and 1/2 to go!!

We did head to boscov's last night :yes Then right back home and I watch dwts upstairs since I had 2 shows taping downstairs :lol I never turned the computer on last night since I just stayed up there then. I finished a square last night to get in the mail today before work. But, other than that nothing new to report on the craft front. Now that I got those 2 totes done and gifted, I NEED to get back to my sweater :yes I'm also going to make another tote to mail out.

LeeAnn - It sure is difficult when you just have to let things work themselves out :hug I think counseling is a great idea for ds, especially since he's asking for it too :yes Sometimes it's easier to talk with someone who can be more objective and can see from different perspectives on how to make him realize different things (if that makes sense :think I feel like I stumbled over my words :lol ) You are wise not to make any rash decisions. Take these next 2 weeks to see how things go and then go from there. And don't forget to ask ds and dd what they think too :yes Whatever decision you come to will be the right one for you and your family...of that I'm sure :hug :hug We're here for you. On another note.....did you get to your yarn or etsy shop last night?

Beth - Not sure about my dress code....I'll wear the scrubs, but I'll probably just wear some business casual clothes too (which I'm allowed to do now, but just don't anymore) I have time to think on it because it'll just be me getting started and won't really be able to hire anyone for a while yet :shrug I hope the week goes smoothly for you and this recital will be over before you know it :yes

One more thread to check, then work out time :yes

Hello hello!

How is everyone today? I hope well!

Joanne-the yarn therapy helped, you are so right! Has your stash minimized? I did a few rows on my stripe granny, it hasn't grown very big, but I am using up stash. I also removed some of the items on my website that has been sold, need one more basket, I think I am going to replace it with something new??? I might make a new batch of soap Thursday.:devil

Marisa-thank you for the encouraging words, I really was lost. On another note, I bet you are excited to get back to the sweater.

Beth-oh my! you are going to have a busy week, hope today flies by for ya! Alterations can be tricky, glad that parents are helping out.

Yesterday when I picked up ds he was feeling much better. The school counselor had pulled him in to offer support and guidance, thank goodness! His soccer coach called, that was a little tense, but we did come to an agreement, he felt really bad about what had happened. I think he was frustrated-the teacher in me knows how challenging it can be to work with children, but the mom in me was still upset. We are getting our insurance info in place so that he can start counseling asap, but all that takes a little time. We have also decided to see how the rest of the school year works out and to try learning new strategies over the summer to help ds learn to express himself and give him the confidence that he will need to stand up for himself, not only to bullies but as a life skill. I am deeply grateful that the school has thus far taken this seriously and are willing to do whatever is necessary for ds to feel comfortable. I am hoping that we can continue this next year, as I feel that we shouldn't run from the problem but face it head on. Easier said than done, but we will do out very best.:yes:D

This evening my little brother has a school concert, we are all excited to see him sing. This week will only get more hectic, tomorrow dd has an event at her school, a Spring Program next week, a field trip and the end of year get togethers. Ds has a Salsa cook off for his Spanish class, he is excited to make homemade salsa. He is also looking forward to our trip to see my sister and family for the graduation.

I am going to get a few minutes of hook time in before heading in to town for the kiddos.

Love and hugs! Thank you all for your support, I know that it sounds cheesy, but I really needed a pick me up.:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

LeeAnn- It doesn't sound cheesy at all!! We are here for each other-in the good times and the trying times!!! No, my stash is not going down- because I am also addicted to Yarn!!! I see some nice yarn and I have to have it! But at least I know, I have lots of yarn to keep me busy for many months/years!

It is the time of year when everything gets so busy when you have young children- end of year field trips. sports and various activities and all. Have fun at your little brother's concert tonight!

Marisa- How many times did your Mom vote for Hines?

I'm off to hook for a bit- I did find a skein of turqua in my stash so I'll get to finish Tote #6!!

Hey ladies :hi

I think I'm going to work on my sweater tonight and should be able to finish the sleeve that's started :think:xfin

LeeAnn - I think you and ds are doing well coping with this and I agree that it's great the school is taking this seriously :yes I understand how to feel about 'running away' and teaching ds to have confidence in himself :hug It's hard when that time comes, but also keep in mind that sometimes it's not running away, but making necessary changes in our lives for us to succeed :soap But only you can determine the right choice for your family. However, with the school taking this seriously and ds acknowledging the need to talk with someone about what's going on, it helps to understand that this particular situation may very well be the type that you and him can face and overcome :hug When I started out in undergrad, and it's a little different as I wasn't having trouble with people, but I started at community college and was going to get an associates then go to chiro school. It was about that time that most states started to require a bachelor's degree and so I decided to get that first, instead of having to worry about it later depending where I was going to practice. So anyhoo....I transferred to a state school because it's much cheaper and was close to my parents house. Well, let's just say that I failed most of my classes within my major and had a heck of a time passing exams :think From HS and community college I was on dean's list :think So when I went to fill out paperwork to transfer out, my counselor told me that I can't run away from my problem :think I gotta tell you that really upset me. And I don't know what the problem was, but I transferred to the univ I graduated from with my BS (they accepted me on probation) and what do you know, but I was on dean's list again after my first semester. So sometimes when it comes to running.....it's not necessarily running :think OK, I'm done but when you said that it reminded me of this and I wanted to share even though they are two completely different situations :rofl:shrug

Good night ladies :c9

While watching dwts, I realized I forgot to answer Joanne's question :think I guess since we were allowed 5 votes each, my mom voted 25 times. She usually texts me with the text # to remind me to vote, last night she sent both the phone # and then text #....so of course I took the hint and voted with both methods :lol I see it worked, he's safe :clap:yay

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!!!

Marisa- Glad that Hines is still safe (although I'd be very, very surprised if her wasn't) Did you get to work on your knitting last evening?

I have a long day today. I have a dinner to go to after work - given by my company for people celebrating 5, 10, 15 years of employment. I've been at this job 5 1/2 years. It should be a nice evening (and who doesn't love a free dinner?)

Have a wonderful day- Oh, I finished Tote #6 and started #7- I'll get a pic up on Thursday evening when it's still light out!

I did work on my sweater last night :clap I didn't get to finish the sleeve though, however stopped where I finished the ball of yarn :lol

Joanne - have a great dinner :clap And that's about how long I've been at my job :think 5 yrs and 9 months :D

Good morning, my friends,

The vortex of gravity over my bed caught me this morning, when I was going to make the bed, and didn't let me free until almost 9 a.m.! :eek So I'm a bit behind, but I feel GOOOOOOOD!

Joanne, I hope your long day goes well. It's nice that you get a dinner to celebrate 5 years at the same company. It can be a real milestone!

Marisa, I'm glad for your mom and my sister's sake, that Hines is still in the running at DWTS. I was watching the ballet mistress knit yesterday. She showed me the fast way to do it -- she moves the needle to "yarn over" instead of her yarn finger (Yeah, I don't speak knit, I just speak crochet) and her needles FLY! It was fascinating to watch. Quite mesmerizing. Good luck finishing your sleeve.

LeeAnn, I hope things are going well for your ds. Let him know that he has a lot of support on line from your friends. From what you've told us, he's a great kid.

Stacy, My son finished his college course (got a B in Nutrition) Are you done?

Well, I need to take the dog to the pet store to get her manny-pedi, try some new dog food (she's wheat free, and hates the brand I just bought), and see if I can find a good scratching post for my kitties who are starting to tear up some of my furniture.... Gotta love them. They picked an unfinished piece, but my hubby is going to have to make a new top for it. I'm so glad he has skills.

Happy hump day!

Beth

Good morning, my friends,

The vortex of gravity over my bed caught me this morning, when I was going to make the bed, and didn't let me free until almost 9 a.m.! :eek So I'm a bit behind, but I feel GOOOOOOOD!

Joanne, I hope your long day goes well. It's nice that you get a dinner to celebrate 5 years at the same company. It can be a real milestone!

Marisa, I'm glad for your mom and my sister's sake, that Hines is still in the running at DWTS. I was watching the ballet mistress knit yesterday. She showed me the fast way to do it -- she moves the needle to "yarn over" instead of her yarn finger (Yeah, I don't speak knit, I just speak crochet) and her needles FLY! It was fascinating to watch. Quite mesmerizing. Good luck finishing your sleeve.

LeeAnn, I hope things are going well for your ds. Let him know that he has a lot of support on line from your friends. From what you've told us, he's a great kid.

Stacy, My son finished his college course (got a B in Nutrition) Are you done?

Well, I need to take the dog to the pet store to get her manny-pedi, try some new dog food (she's wheat free, and hates the brand I just bought), and see if I can find a good scratching post for my kitties who are starting to tear up some of my furniture.... Gotta love them. They picked an unfinished piece, but my hubby is going to have to make a new top for it. I'm so glad he has skills.

Happy hump day!

Beth

Hmmmm, I'll have to pay attention to my needles, but I'm pretty sure that I move my finger holding the yarn :think Glad you were able to get some extra sleep :yes:hug

Well ladies :hi

We went to boscov's tonight, in and out again :clap and then I came home, had a bite to eat and downloaded angry birds on my nook, so of course spent the night playing the game while watching american idol :lol That being said, no crafting got done :( Now I'm going to head upstairs to read a bit before I go to sleep and I'm hoping that I can get through at least a chapter :xfin

I hope you all get a good night sleep.

Joanne - How was dinner? I can't wait to hear what you got :drool

Hi all,

The dinner was very nice- and we all got a teak box with our names carved into it- you open it up and there was a beautiful pen with our name on it, a calculator and post-it notes- It'll look nice on my desk at work

Dinner was delicious and I got to chat with my boss from the project I was on for the last 2 years. Also got to chat for a while with the CFO who I had gotten to know while working on the project. I sat next to our Medical Director and got to know him a little better. While I was assigned to the Delta team, the medical director I had worked with retired and the new one started. Since I didn't have day-to-day dealings with him, I didnt' know him other than to say hi. So it was a very nice, productive evening.

now it's time to follow Marisa upstairs and try to read- I'll be lucky if I get through a few pages before heading off to dreamland

See you in the AM!

Nothing new to report since I logged in last night- other than I read only about 2 pages before nodding off and then giving in to sleep!

Hope all is well in everyone's world- off to get ready for a busy day in Paradise!!

Good morning, everybody!

Joanne, your dinner sounds nice. I'm glad you had a productive time, and got something nice for your desk. It sounds lovely.

Marisa, Angry birds??? :think I didn't know if that was a rock band, a book, or what. I'm glad you said it was a video game. Some days, you need to take a break from the crafting.

LeeAnn, I hope things are well in your corner of the world. We're thinking about you!

Stacy, I hope you, your children, and your Jorge are all well.

Yesterday, I cleaned up after the birds that eat the cat food on my front porch. I went out half an hour later, and the mess was returning... :angry But I got to watch two baby squirrels playing in the neighbor's tree. Their hole used to house a family of starlings. The squirrels are much cuter. Drives the dog nuts, though. She wants them to come play with her, and they won't. Go figure!

Tonight (after tutoring) I take my son to his WSI class across the street from Michaels and Trader Joe's and Starbucks. Now how will I ever manage to entertain myself for 3 hours while he's in class?:devil I was good last time. And I just ordered yarn on-line, so let's see if I can't be good this time.

Have a great one!

Archived