Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeeAnn- Wow!! I love that throw!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous- and no, it's not bad that you had the yarn in stash for a couple of years!! I've got plenty built up- this way I know that whatver happens, at least I'll have yarn to keep me busy

Beth- How bout Christmas tree skirts or stockings with the red/green? Just the first thing that came to my mind

I had a busy day so I'm just going to post pics of the Stashbuster tote #3 and the baby blanket and then get ready to start tote #4.

See you all in the AM

post-27163-135897653911_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897653915_thumb.jpg

Joanne, love the projects!!! That baby blanket looks so snuggly and soft!

LeeAnn, congrats on using yarn you've had for a while. That's almost like getting the project for free!!! Is it for you, or for a gift?

happy thoughts!!!

Hey ladies, just typed a message and lost it. I'm on my nook and my finger hit a link by accident.

Leeann, no worries on the yarn, I have a bit from last year too.

Joanne, gorgeous yet again....love the tote and the blanket.

Nite

Leeann, your throw is gorgeous!! I agree with Joanne- such bright, happy colors. :manyheart Don't feel bad about having the yarn for so long- I have about 10 skeins of yarn that I was supposed to use on an afghan for my mom about 3 years ago, that are still sitting in the closet. :blush

Joanne, your projects are gorgeous, too! How many totes do you need to make? I'm thinking of making one- is it tall/wide enough to hold a notebook? I only have one class on Tuesday and Thursday and I hate dragging my whole backpack along for one notebook. :think

Beth, yikes @ the wasp nest! Active or not, I would not like it, either. :yay to your dh for removing it. How wonderful that you had a girls' shopping day.

Marisa, I had a :lol at Mary- I hope she took Lact-aid beforehand! My hubby is lactose intolerant, too, but when we have ice cream, he makes the most of it.

:whew, busy day! I went to zumba at the Y this morning, then home to take a shower, off to school. After I picked up Eva, we went to Best Buy because my iPod wouldn't work this morning. Wouldn't you know, it turned on right when we walked in the door. :sigh The man at the counter told me it "needs to be charged every now and then or it will turn off." :thair I wanted to give him a good poke in the eye. :wink If it happens again, I need to take it back and they will send it away to be fixed. Anyway, then to FedEx to drop off a package, back to pick up the other girls, to the park with our friends, home for dinner, then to soccer practice, then finally home. I am beat!! But the girls will sleep well! :lol

Good morning! TGIF!!!!

Stacy- I'll be you slept well too- you had a busy day yesterday!!!!

I just put a notebook in one of the stash buster totes- and it fits fine!!! These really work up quickly- I have 7 nurses under me at work. I already gave the blue one to a co-worker. I was also thinking of making one for each of my daughters and my boss so I probably have to make about 9 or 10 more. They are fun to make and so easy- and I'm not bored because I use different colors! I'm also going to try felting one. A couple of ladies on the Crochet Tote Addicts CAL have felted them and they came out really nice!!!!

Beth, LeeAnn, Marisa, Mary......and LeaAnne and Colleen.......have a wonderful day!

Good morning ladies :hi

Stacy - I'm tired just reading about your day :lol And it always works out that way....whatever we need looking at works fine when the 'looker' is there :shrug

Joanne - You sure are going to town on those stashbusters :lol I'm getting ready to start one over the weekend. I also still need to make a couple squares to mail out, I was waiting to hear back about colors.

We went to boscov's last night and I got 2 bags at $1.99 each, I think I'll give them to my mom and my aunt :think also a couple nightgowns and a table cloth. Back tonight for our 3rd day for the week and it's pocketbooks on sale tonight :bounce No crafting for me yesterday all day though :(

Have a wonderful friday ladies :hug

Happy Royal Wedding day! Anybody else watching it? Of course, it's a time that I'm already up, so it's not that big of a deal for me. I just turned on BBCAmerica when my hubby was getting out of the shower.

Joanne, happy TGIF to you! I hope your day in Paradise goes quickly, and you get to enjoy your weekend soon.

Marisa, sounds like you got some amazing deals. I can't remember -- did you finish your sweater?

Stacy, Your day sounds exhausting. Must be nice to be young and have energy. What a fun day,though. that ipod thing is very frustrating. Well, the geek's response is frustrating.

I meet with my crochet group for a bonus time this month, since it's the 5th Friday. I'nm listening to some amazing music with the royal wedding. I liked Princess Di's dress better, but that was MY era -- big, pouffy, 80's style, not the sleek, sexier modern stuff.

I'm getting old.

have a great day!

Good Morning friends!

Joanne-what lovely totes! I love the brown! Gosh, I am going to have to give them a try. I will go back and look for the link that you had sent. thank you! Can't believe how fast you are making them! TGIF ??

Marisa-love your tote too, this is a different pattern right? I have never heard of Boscovs, is it an office supply store?

Beth-I love 80's clothing, if were up to me, I would have big hair! :devil I loved it, funny huh? A meeting to crochet sounds like fun, I need a kick in the keaster to work on my granny stripe ghan, I love it but find myself wanting to do something else.

Stacy-you were a busy gal yesterday! I agree with Marisa, get tired reaading it. Will you be running like a chicken today as well?

I had to make a quick trip to see the doc last night. My left eye had started itching on Sunday, but then as the week has gone by, small bumps have popped out on the eyelid and it swelled almost shut and is blood red.....doc said it is allergy related, she gave me a rx for drops, had to stop and buy Claritan and Benadryl. Must medicate myself till it clears up as the congestion is backing everything up.

going to work on the stripe, bbl!

Joanne what pattern are you using for your totes? You did a great job with them and the baby blanket. Leaann your afghan is very nice also. I love looking at all the pics of things that you make.

Have a nice day everyone

Hi Miss Mary! Happy Friday to you.

Hello LeeAnn, sorry to hear about your eye. I hope it clears up quickly. That sounds unbearable, and dangerous if you have to drive your children any where.

TGIF Joanne, I agree. You are flying through those totes. They must be a lot of fun.

Happy Friday, Marisa. I hope today flies by. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

I need to get back to work, but wanted to pop in to check on everyone. See you later!

Hi all,

another week in the books!!! Yipee!!!

Didn't get to watch the Royal Wedding since the US didn't close offices like the UK did!! Hope those who watched enjoyed it!!

Mary- this is where I got the tote pattern -

The Stash Buster Tote designed by a fellow Viller Sue (Turtlelvr). It's working up nicely so far- the pattern is on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stash-buster-tote

Beth- That's great that you get a bonus meetup with your crochet buddies- gotta love an extra Friday!!!

LeeAnn- Hope that your eye will start healing quickly now that you have the drops! Did you work on the granny stripe anymore?

Marisa You and Mary are doing very well at the Boscov's sale (and for LeeAnn- it's a department store) Hope you found another great pocketbook- I still love the one you found at Jersey Gardens!!! See you tomorrow!!

Hope you all had a great day- It's Yankee time- well a little late- they started already- but wanted to stop in and say hi!!!

Hugs to all!:hug

evening all!

worked on the granny stripe, but just downloaded the pattern for the Stash Buster Tote-thank you again Joanne! Going to give it a try,...so excited!

BBL! hugs n squishes!

p.s. my eye is feeling somewhat better, I'm full of allergy meds and two different kinds of drops..hope it clears up by tomorrow. Thank you all for checking up on me. :hug:hug:hug

Good evening ladies :hi

Well, I got 2 more purses at boscov's :eek Like I need another bag, I already have too many and when I start packing I AM going to clean through them to see what I no longer use and get rid of them. I'm going to try to use this time for clearing out clutter :xfin I'll post a pic later tomorrow to show you them.

Beth - I didn't finish my sweater yet, I'm on the sleeves, half way through the first, which I just started last weekend. Everything got put on hold while I was working on my map, which was very time consuming. Then I wanted to make the tote to join the tote frenzy (yep, sometimes I'm a follower :blush:rofl ) I have an early morning appointment tomorrow morning and then am driving to Jersey to meet Joanne and a few other ladies :clap:yay Other than that, the usual.....groceries, car wash, clean, craft, and I'd like to try to start some packing on things that I know I won't need to be available to me :yes:xfin

LeeAnn - as Joanne said, Boscov's is a department store :yes Hope your eye is doing better :hug The tote I made is different from Joanne's, but they are written by the same person (turtlelvr / sue) here at the ville. I'm going to start a stashbuster (the one Joanne's making a hundred of :wink ) over the weekend :clap

Joanne - I know, I know....I'm such a bag lady!!!! :rofl I do much better shopping for purses instead of something I need to try on :yes See you in the AM :D (for real)

Nite nite ladies :c9

Well, my son finished removing the old glazing putty from the windows in my bedroom, and I started scraping all the flaking paint, so it will be pretty and clean when I'm done. I'm becoming more and more interested in replacement windows as the day goes on. I may dislike painting as much or more than I dislike sewing. I'm so domestic.

Any way, the goal is to finish the painting portion of at least one of the windows today, and get my dd busy on the reglazing part tomorrow. We can install our window a/c unit when it's done.

Marisa, you can never have too many bags, and I can never have too much yarn! My order from Joann's came today. Maybe I can have too much yarn. :blush

LeeAnn, I hope your eye continues to feel better. Allergies are officially NO FUN, but at least they are a sign that spring is coming, or here.

Joanne, have fun with Marisa today -- don't get in TOOO much trouble. I hope your day is as lovely as ours is. Perfect weather.

Mary, I haven't succumbed to the call of the turtlelvr stashbuster tote yet, but I think it's calling me from a distance.

Let me get back out there, and up that darn ladder. I think I can, I think I can...

Hmmmm, Joanne.....Beth seems too think so highly of us :think:devil I wonder who's the trouble maker :rofl

No trouble today Beth.....that was last time when I took Joanne on a wild goose chase to the mall :blush

WTG with the painting, scraping, and glazing :clap

I started a stashbuster tote at our meetup and it really does work up quickly :yes I stopped to do my grocery shopping on my way home so that's out of the way for tomorrow :yay

Had a super long post..and lost it. :angry But wanted to share the latest project..Thank you Joanne and Marisa! I love love love the pattern!

Going to start another one...off to look for yarn! hugs n squishes!

Beth-take a break,...hoping that the scraping, painting and glazing goes by quickly!

Talk to you all in a few:hug:hug:hug:hug

post-33271-135897654479_thumb.jpg

Had a super long post..and lost it. :angry But wanted to share the latest project..Thank you Joanne and Marisa! I love love love the pattern!

Beth-take a break,...hoping that the scraping, painting and glazing goes by quickly!

Gorgeous :manyheart You should stop over to the tote addicts thread to share :devil

Marisa, I love your new bags! The striped one is especially awesome. Although I don't buy bags for myself (MIL and SIL usually get them for me at various holidays.) I'm more of a sweater-buyer. :think When are you planning to move?

Leeann, how scary about your eye!! I hope the swelling goes down soon. :hug:hug:hug

Beth, you are on a roll! The spring-cleaning bug must've visited. I'm sure it will be nice to have to a/c already in the window when it's time to use it. :yes

Joanne, how awesome that you are meeting up again today! :yay I don't have to tell you to have fun! :lol

This morning Isabella had a soccer game- her team won again! :cheer She was goalie for the last half- which she hasn't done since her first game last season, when she got hit in the nose with the ball. She was fantastic this time around. :yes I'm proud of her for trying again.

Then we went to their school beautification day- they gave us one thing to do (work on the planters) and when we were finished, the leader said they had too many people, so we left. It is so windy- the girls were all complaining that the dirt was in their eyes, etc- plus it just wasn't a good idea to take Eva. She is a bit too young.

I did some homework, made lunch, now I am going to....crochet!! :lol I am going to work on a granny ripple, but with scrap yarn. I've had the idea rolling around in my head for a while, but haven't gotten around to it.

Off to :hook...love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

LeeAnn- It's beautiful!!! Love the color choices. How's your eye feeling?

Hmmmm, Joanne.....Beth seems too think so highly of us :think:devil I wonder who's the trouble maker :rofl

Mmmm wonder who that would be????:devil

No trouble today Beth.....that was last time when I took Joanne on a wild goose chase to the mall :blushBut we had fun shopping!!!

WTG with the painting, scraping, and glazing :clap

I started a stashbuster tote at our meetup and it really does work up quickly :yes I stopped to do my grocery shopping on my way home so that's out of the way for tomorrow :yay

You should see the granny go round tote that Marisa made in person- beautiful!!!

Gorgeous :manyheart You should stop over to the tote addicts thread to share :devil
Funny, I was thinking the same thing!!! The more the merrier!!!!

Beth, you are on a roll! The spring-cleaning bug must've visited. I'm sure it will be nice to have to a/c already in the window when it's time to use it. :yes I give you lots of credit Beth!!! That is one job that I would NOT be doing!!! No ifs, ands or buts!!! Dont' like the thought of being up on ladders!!! Hope it is done soon so you can play with all your new yarn!!!!

Joanne, how awesome that you are meeting up again today! :yay I don't have to tell you to have fun! :lol We had a great time!!! I wish I could meet up with all of you in person!!!! (and I was very happy cause we meet at Starbucks- and I get to have my coffee:lol)

This morning Isabella had a soccer game- her team won again! :cheerYay for Isabella's team!!! She was goalie for the last half- which she hasn't done since her first game last season, when she got hit in the nose with the ball. She was fantastic this time around. :yes I'm proud of her for trying again. That's great that she tried again- that's the important part- and you have every right to be proud of her!!!

Then we went to their school beautification day- they gave us one thing to do (work on the planters) and when we were finished, the leader said they had too many people, so we left. It is so windy- the girls were all complaining that the dirt was in their eyes, etc- plus it just wasn't a good idea to take Eva. She is a bit too young.

I did some homework, made lunch, now I am going to....crochet!! :lol I am going to work on a granny ripple, but with scrap yarn. I've had the idea rolling around in my head for a while, but haven't gotten around to it.

Off to :hook...love and hugs!! :hug:hug:hug:hug

Oh, I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!! I'll bet it's going to be gorgeous!!!

Had a surprise visit from my middle DD this afternoon- turns out she was in the town where I was this morning for the meet up- She was at a friend's baby shower so she called to make sure I was home and then stopped by for a couple of hours- it was great!! Then we went to AC Moore because she wanted to buy some art supplies and I didn't buy any Yarn:)-

(but that's because I just got about 20 skeins of Stylecraft DK from the UK that I ordered at Deramores becuase they had free shipping to the US and the yarn was on sale for 2.05 or 2.15/skein. It's yarn that Lucy from Attic24 used on her granny stripe- I got some lovely colors, the yarn is nice and the service was amazing!!! I recommend Deramores highly if you ever want to try Stylecraft DK yarn!!!

Off to work some more on Stash Buster Tote #4!!!!:hook

Stacy - I'm planning to move at the end of august and my last day of work is the 12th, then I'm going to the beach for a week :D and :yay for Isabella

Joanne - Now you and Beth have a whole lot of new yarn :devil

I'm going to work some more on my stashbuster tote :D Nite ladies

Good morning!!!

My cleaning that didn't get done yesterday is all done!! And the whole sunny, beautiful day is ahead of me!!!!

How's the stash buster tote coming along Marisa?

Stacy- What did you decide to crochet last night?

Beth- Is the window done yet? You will definitely have earned some 'hook' time after tackling that project!!!

Heading out to Trader Joe's to stock up on some fruit/veggies/and of course my Joe's Dark Coffee! DD may be coming over later today to work on her last paper of the semester. She got an A+ on the one she did here a few weekends ago- I'm so proud of her!!!

Mary- How's things in God's country? Saw your latest cute hats on FB- adorable!!!

LeaAnne- How's things up in MA? Are you still enjoying your job? I guess you are pretty busy with the softball/baseball season in full swing and working!!! Miss your posts on here-

Colleen- How's things in your neck of the woods? Missing you too!!!

Hope you all have a good day!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

Just had some toast and after checking here am going to make my way to the car wash :clap Nothing new to report though.

Joanne - I have 3 rounds of the v stitch left and then the top part. I may be able to finish it later, depending on how much time I have to sit with it today :think

Archived