Some good clean fun?!

Beth- How great that you have a Starbucks, a Trader Joe's and Michael's all in one shopping area!!! Insert jealous smiley here!!!

I had stopped in my Michael's the other day and they had some new yarn- and also some yarn on clearance (not to enable or anything):lol I picked up some LB Wool Ease for 1.99/skein! I'm sure you will have no trouble at all entertaining yourself for 3 hours!:devil

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :coffee

I so did not want to get up when the alarm went off this morning :no Nothing new to report here.

Joanne - I only read a few pages as well before my eyes wouldn't stay open :lol

Beth - Hmmmm, sounds like you'll have a good day :devil

I have to stop by the post office on my way to work this morning to send out a letter to my apartment office that I'll be leaving in August :yay

Morning friends!

Beth-oh my! Your 3 hour waiting time is going to be soo much fun! I love petting the yarn. You will have to share with us what you found.:cheer

Joanne-your dinner sounded lovely! It is so nice to be able to chat and eat and the gift sounds fantastico! Can't believe that you are on tote #6!!! wowza!:manyheart

Marisa-the new game sounds addicting, I love tetris and Spider solitaire,...I can totatlly get into them. Your move sounds just soo exciting! I bet you are getting more and more anxious.:hugThank you for sharing your story, you are so right! Sometimes leaving a situation behind is the best choice. I love hearing different perspectives on things, gives you a better picture in your mind.

Been running like a chicken, yesterday was super busy, I fell asleep before 9:30...I hadn't been sleeping well and I think it caught up with me.

My little brothers music concert was wonderful. It made it for a very late night, we didn't get home until 10 but so worth it. Yesterday I accompanied dd and her class on a tour of the new school that they built. It is beautiful! dd is excited about going there next year. Looks like we are going to try to stick things out. ds has had an awesome few days, he has started talking about inviting friends over to hang out, so excited! He had dropped out of Boy Scouts after being involved for 6 years, he asked if he could go back...I am over the moon but am trying to keep it together. Dh loves scouts, they have an awesome time camping and the outings are so much fun. One year they went to winter camp to earn their Polar Bear badge and camped in the snow in below 0....brrrr....but they had a blast!

Haven't picked up a hook and yarn but today I plan on fixing that. I am taking a break. Yup,...no cleaning, no laundry...well maybe cooking but that's it. :lol

Our cat had kittens on Mother's day, 4 of them to be exact. We have had her in the laundry room at night and during part of the day, since it has been raining I do not want her babies to get chilled. Ds is allergic to cats, so have to bleach everything every morning and night and make sure that she stays in her area of the house. We are up to 9 cats!!!!! 2 dogs! oh my! My kiddos are lucky I love them all so much! They often joke that I am going to turn into a "cat lady" that is addicted to yarn and cats. :devil

off to get my lazy tush in the shower so that I can veg with yarn. Love and hugs and squisssshhhhheeeesssss!

Quick stop in to say hi!

Wow LeeAnn- 9 cats!!! How do you do it if DS is allergic? Glad that things are doing better for him- and sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy!!!!

I finished Tote #6 the other night and am on Tote 7- Yes, I'm addicted, but they are going to be used for Christmas gifts- so all is good!!

Here is tote #6-

I'll try and post more in the morning- I read outside for a bit after work just to soak in the beautiful sunshine and lovely temps! Now I'm hungry and Idol will be on soon!!

post-27163-135897657586_thumb.jpg

Joanne-very lovely! I have been thinking of starting another, but going to try to finish the stripe ghan first...I hope!

Our cats are outdoor cats, they are not allowed inside, except for the precious kittens.. Enjoy your reading and Idol!

hugs! BBL!

Hey ladies :hi

Only 1 day left for the week :clap I'm going to work on my sweater while watching idol tonight. My parents are bringing my air conditioners down this weekend and I already warned my mom that my place is a total mess :eek I usually keep it clean, but the past few weekends I haven't been around long enough to clean and weekdays are just out of the question. I do want to get the turtles cleaned sat morning before they come, not sure what time that is yet though. Their water got green quick again, I think they're in a growing phase again :think

LeeAnn - sounds like you just needed an intervention for ds :yes It sounds like he's really benefitting from learning to talk about his feelings. So glad to hear that things are looking on the upside over there :hug

Joanne - Well, I'm rooting for the boys on idol :xfin Beautiful tote :yes:manyheart

oooooooo, Joanne :hug :hug :hug

I was sooo upset when both the girls got called first on idol and it was left between the 2 boys :eek I thought for sure it would be the other way around :think:sigh I was really hoping it would be the 2 of them left standing for the finale. I'm sure this is not the last we see of James though......and I wonder if he and steven tyler will still perform a song at the finale :think

oooooooo, Joanne :hug :hug :hug

I was sooo upset when both the girls got called first on idol and it was left between the 2 boys :eek I thought for sure it would be the other way around :think:sigh I was really hoping it would be the 2 of them left standing for the finale. I'm sure this is not the last we see of James though......and I wonder if he and steven tyler will still perform a song at the finale :think

Oh, I hope they do!!! I'm so disappointed---James is so talented and has overcome so much! I loved how no matter what genre he sang, he rocked it!!!

I don't know if I can watch anymore :(

TGIF!!! The end of the day won't come soon enough!!! I'm still in disbelief that James was voted off Idol--it makes no sense to me....

I'm hoping to get a head start on my Saturday cleaning tonight after work so that I have more of the weekend to enjoy! Of course....I'm full of energy now--we'll see how I feel after work!!

Beth- How was your wait time yesterday? Did you bring any yarn home with you? Is there a dress rehearsal tonight for the ballet recital? Hope you got some sleep-

LeeAnn- I forgot about the cats being outdoor cats- I think you had mentioned that before! Hope the little kitties are doing well- and that it's not affecting DS's allergies. Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Marisa- Good luck cleaning out the turtles and no worries about your apt. Have a nice visit with your parents this weekend- are they staying over or just coming down for the day with your AC's?

See you later!

Good morning :coffee

TGIF!!!!

Joanne - Well, the funny thing about idol is that it's not always about talent :think I truely believe that it's whoever the teenage population is going for. I don't always vote, but this last week I did and send maybe about 10 votes. I don't like that they have unlimited voting, which means that someone can vote an obscene amount of times in 2 hours. And, it's those teenages who are going to sit with their phone and text their votes in for 2 hours straight until they can't any more :eek I really think that alone makes the competition unfair :think I'm not sure what my parents plans are. I'll have to ask my mom today, but they usually stay over night and leave after bfast on sunday. We'll see.

Good morning :coffee

TGIF!!!!

Joanne - Well, the funny thing about idol is that it's not always about talent :think I truely believe that it's whoever the teenage population is going for. I don't always vote, but this last week I did and send maybe about 10 votes. I don't like that they have unlimited voting, which means that someone can vote an obscene amount of times in 2 hours. And, it's those teenages who are going to sit with their phone and text their votes in for 2 hours straight until they can't any more :eek I really think that alone makes the competition unfair :think I'm not sure what my parents plans are. I'll have to ask my mom today, but they usually stay over night and leave after bfast on sunday. We'll see.

You are probably right--it's the teenagers!!!:lol DH was saying that they really need to change the voting! That the judges votes should weigh in with america's votes- To say we are both disappointed....is an understatement. I guess I didn't vote enough either- I'm not about to sit and text votes in for 2 hours!!!:lol Have a great day-hope it flies by---speaking of which- I'd better get it in gear over here!!!

You are probably right--it's the teenagers!!!:lol DH was saying that they really need to change the voting! That the judges votes should weigh in with america's votes- To say we are both disappointed....is an understatement. I guess I didn't vote enough either- I'm not about to sit and text votes in for 2 hours!!!:lol Have a great day-hope it flies by---speaking of which- I'd better get it in gear over here!!!

I agree, they totally need to change the voting system. That's the good thing on dancing with the stars, you can only vote as many times as there are competitors left. Otherwise, my mom might sit there for 2 hours :rofl But anyway, I also am not investing 2 hours of my time to vote.....maybe if a personal friend was there, but that's about it :yes

Good morning! I sit here with my cup of coffee, happy as a lark. Lovely day.

I'm so sorry to hear that your favorite was voted off Idol, Joanne, and Marisa. I haven't watched this time. I couldn't get my head around some of the previous winners. I felt that it wasn't about talent.

LeeAnn, will we get to see pictures of the baby kitties? I love cats. Tell your kids you can't be a crazy cat/yarn lady -- that's MY job!!! LOL

I dropped my son off, went to a pet store and looked around, then went to TJ's, (they were out of GF bagels) and bought a couple of things, then went to Michael's, just to look.... Yeah, right! Do you believe me? I don't. I walk in the door and theres a bunch of huge bins full of clearance yarn. $.99 /skein. I grab a hand basket, start filling it, give up, and go for a cart, and fill it up. 3 BIG bags later (about 45 skeins, but who's counting?) I leave. I have some dazzelaire to match some I bought on clearance for $1.99. I have some simply soft, and simply soft chunky. I have some loops and thread don't remember what it's called, chunky yarn in dark brown to make myself a sweater, and I bought a LOT of loops and thread carnival in "Harlequin." I'm making a round ripple. I already have 2 skeins used on it. I think I bought about 15 skeins. What can I say? I didn't want to leave just a couple of a color I like. Any way, my hubby still loves me, but when the yarn comes in for my dd's summer sweater (that I ordered on-line.) It's going in her room, and he doesn't have to know about it.

We have stage rehearsal tonight for the perforamance. The hardest part will be getting the flooring laid. My boys are half the labor force for that.

Have a good one.

Hello hello hello!

Beth-wowza!!!! What an amazing bargain on the yarn! I would have been filling up a cart too. Ohhh the lovely feel of yarn...so soft and cuddly. Glad that dh is so understanding. My dh never says anything about my yarn stash, he knows it would be dangerous. :devil I will take pics of the new kittens this afternoon, they are growing so fast! Good luck with rehearsal this evening, sounds like you and your family are going to work extremely hard. :hug

Joanne-I tried watching Idol last night, but lost attention after 2 minutes, I have never watched an episode, so felt totally lost, but I do think that sometimes it is a popularity contest. So sorry that one of your favs. was voted off. yippee for the weekend, smart to start weekend chores early. :hug

Marisa-how fun for your parents to visit. Cleaning is so time consuming and sometimes redundent. I would rather :hook Hope you have a happy day!

This weekend I am planning on spending as much time with the kiddos, we may go bowling or swimming on Saturday. Both kiddos are sad that I will be gone but they are trying to be strong. they keep reminding me to help them with this and that, because dad may forget. They are not far from the truth.:lol dh is a sweet sweet man, but can be forgetful and oh so patient to the point of making everyone late. I hope the kiddos can get him out the door on time in the mornings.

I did get to crochet yesterday afternoon, what :c9:c9:c9 the granny stripe finally feels like it is growing and I have been using up so much of my stash. I am trying to de-stash and combine all of my yarn to fit into one cupboard. After this project I think I will do a scrap ghan, the kind where you cary 3 strands of yarn, one solid and the rest odds and ends, you just keep tying on yarn after yarn until you have a warm, cuddly ghan. I have made a few rugs before using this method and then lined them in the back, perrrffeeectt! They have held up rather well.

best get myself motivated, have a long list of things to get done today. Want to iron, pack and clean really well before the weekend.

hugs n squishes!

Beth- SCORE!!! Wow- My MIchael's didn't have that much yarn on clearance or I would have done the exact same thing as you!!!! Glad they had so much and you were able to take advantage of it!!! Enjoy the rehearsal and recital- and "break a leg" to your beautiful DD!!!

LeeAnn- Yay for some hooky time! So do you start your job on Monday? I guess it will be an adjustment for the whole family- but you've done it before! Enjoy a great family time weekend!!!

Marisa- TGIF!!! Did you hear about Hines Ward's dancing partner? I hope it's not serious- Your Mom must be beside herself!!!

Off to watch the Yankee/Red Sox game- Go Yankees!

Good morning ladies :hi

We went to boscov's last night and then out to eat. I came home and cleaned the turtles and then just kept going and got the whole house done, nothing hefty but more of a once over :lol I was up at 5:15 this morning :eek No reason, just woke up and tried to go back to sleep but my body wasn't having it so I stayed in bed and watched a show on the dvr. Came down and made a batch of scones off a reciped someone shared in another thread. They smell and look good, :xfin that they are :lol Then made some bfast and just sat to eat while checking in :whew

Beth - Awesome find!!!!! I haven't been to Michael's in quite a while :think

LeeAnn - I'm not sure what time my parents are coming, but probably late morning. I'll give them a call and check it out. Have fun family time :hug

Joanne - I had no clue, so of course went and googled it when I read your post :eek An update said that she's cleared by the medical staff and she's anxious to get back to practice although being sore and bruised :(

Good morning!

I was up with the birds too- had my coffee and began my cleaning! WTG Marisa on getting turtles cleaned- and apt too!!! Have a nice visit with your parents!

Beth- enjoy the recital today!

LeeAnn- Have a great family day!

I'm off to get ready and head to Kohl's with my coupon. I need to replace a few pairs of capris I have from there.......in a smaller size!:clap. Later on today, I'm going to gather some clothes I have up in the attic and just pack them up and bring them to Goodwill. I don't ever want to fit in them again so if they are not here- I have no recourse but to stay the course with my current weight!

BBL!

Good Morning!

Joanne-you are on the ball! Getting rid of clothes that does not fit is an excelent idea! I purg every time I switch winter/summer clothes out. Looks like I will need to get to that soon. Dh brought in my tote so that I could get out capris and then I promptly put the tote to the side, need to get to that. But I think I will save it for next weekend.:devil WTG on the weight loss! Keeping weight off is something that I struggle with. I do much better in the summer and stay active, but in the winter I hibernate.

Marisa-:clap:cheer:cheerGood job cleaning last night! Sometimes I get in those moods and clean away. Now you can spend quality time with your parents.

Beth-hope you get to play with yarn today. I was talking about you last night to dh, told him about your great bargains, he said, "I would have told you to buy that many or more too!" gotta love him!

I was hoping to take the kiddos on a picnic and for bike rides, but the wind has picked up quite a bit...still hoping that we can get to it this afternoon. Dh and dd are still sleeping but I hope I hope I hope..if not, then bowling.

I am almost finished with the granny stripe, :yaygoing to see how Lucy did the border. This one has already found a home, my sister is wanting a throw to go over her couch, pefect! I will finish it and take it up next week.

hugs n squishes!

Had a great day of retail therapy!!! Got some good deals at Kohl's- and when i got home, DH was busy cleaning- he was washing the bathroom floor- he had already cleaned the kitchen and washed that floor and had done all the vacuuming....I do have to wonder what HE wants!!!:devil But I was ever so grateful!!!:manyheart

I packed up some clothes for Goodwill- Boy did it feel good to do that!!! Then I headed to Michael's to check out the clearance yarn and was very disappointed. No good prices at all- so I left there empty-handed! :( But, they opened a DSW next door and I had a $15.00 off grand opening coupon- so I came home with 2 pairs of shoes:yay I also dropped off my clothes at Goodwill and then finally was able to get to Starbucks for a 1/2 price light Mocha frapp! Yum!!!!

Dinner is on, and finally, I'm getting ready to sit and :crocheting for a bit!!!

Morning!

I worked on the RR for Ryan last night- and it's getting there- I want to finish it so I can move back to finishing Stash Buster Tote #7. But, I'm determined to get the RR done before I allow myself to go back to totes.

Beth- Hope the recital went well and that you get to relax a little today---with some of your new yarn!

STacy- thinking about you since I finally got my 1/2 price frap yesterday!!! Today is the last day of "happy hour" - so may have to drive over later on to take advantage- we'll see... How's school- it must be getting to the crazy part of the year with all the end of school activities. And of course, at least you have your cruise to look forward to.

Marisa- Well, it looks like you won't be needing your air conditioners this week. (thank you for putting them in since it seems that we won't have heat/humidity all week) Of course we will have rainy gloomy days all week- but to me it's better than heat/humidity!!! Enjoy your day today.

LeeAnn- Did you get to do an outdoor activity or was bowling what you ended you doing? Enjoy your last day home before the work schedule begins!!! Hugs to you and congrats on nearly finishing your granny stripe!!!

Off to get some caffeine- and plan out the trek to Trader Joes' and the grocery store. Then the rest of the day is going to be spend reading and hooking!

Good morning ladies :hi

(Note to Joanne that the first paragraph is cut/paste with the our house thread)

We had a good day yesterday and I can't believe I didn't even take a nap after being up so early :think:lol When my parents got here we right put the air conditioners in, it wasn't raining yet and I said we better get it done before it starts. Then we looked through alot of listing for places in Pitt. Went out for late lunch/early dinner to the Olive Garden and then over to Macy's. Mom was looking for fitflops and was having trouble finding them. Then we ran in target and back home where we just lounged, watched tv and I worked on the 2nd sleeve of my sweater which I did about half of, maybe just a little more. But then my wrist was getting aggravated so I put it down for the night. I slept great aside from a huge bought of thunder that shook my bed and scared the _____ out of me :lol I jumped out of bed like a sling shot, I didn't know what happened :lol But was able to fall right back to sleep :D

My mom came ready to help me start packing, but it is still early and there's not enough to do just yet for needing that much help. I really just need to start going through stuff :yes

I hope everyone is having a great weekend :hug And, I'll be back later

Good morning friends!

Awaiting coffee...please :lol k grabbed my first cup and now I feel like I can think.

Joanne-we had an awesome Saturday! We tried going to the park but it was severely windy, so we stopped at the library for relaxation with a good book and good company. We went to eat at one of our favorite Mexican Resteraunts, ran a few errands, rented movies and then came home. It was nice, even tho we did not get bowling in (they were packed) we had a great time! I will miss my family mucho-dd was almost in tears yesterday. We are going to do our Monday mani/pedi this afternoon before I head out.

I will be picked up at 4:30, the drive to La Junta will take about 3 hours, what crocheting project shall I take? Something small? I was thinking of making a few hats for Beth's charity. Will dig out the Simply Soft yarn and a few patterns/hooks.

Marisa-you will be cool as a cucumber this summer. :D Does knitting bother your hand/wrist more than crocheting? When I tried knitting, it hurt my thumbs quite a bit. Dinner at Olive Garden sounds yummy! that is ds fav. place to dine.

Beth-hope last night was awesomeness! Did you get any hook time in?

I am almost finished packing, just have toiletries, also going to color my hair this morning. I should have done it this last week, but I was being lazy.

oh and am on the second to the last row on the stripe,...getting that excited feeling when you are about to finish a project.

best get a move on it! Joanne-1/2 price fraps. sounds :c9 BBL before heading out!

hugs n squishes!

Good morning,

I survived the recital, but I never want to do that again! The custodian didn't open the school when she was supposed to, so I spent half an hour waiting in the sun. By the time I got to the door to sell tickets, it was a madhouse in there, and I couldn't take a minute to get organized and settled before jumping into full-steam-ahead work. We made it through. The dancers did well. We got everything loaded up in record time. We had a very late dinner at a grill/smokehouse, took Shrimp Boy home, then called it a night. I couldn't sleep. I realized that I misplaced a piece of my dd's costumes, and was imagining it out in the rain somewhere getting ruined. We had a very close lightning strike during the night, too. Doesn't help one get to sleep.

LeeAnn, you always manage to have a good time with your family. I think that's sweet. How is your son doing?

Marisa, I hope you find the right place in Pittsburgh. it sounds like you are having a good time with your parents. How lovely! Mine won't come see me any more. Too far of a drive for them.

Joanne, I hope you are having a great weekend.

Stacy, thinking of you!

LeeAnn- safe travels! How long will you be gone for? I forget- Hats and/or scarves sound nice and portable- as are dishcloths/washcloths! Sounds like you all had a great family day/night yesterday!!! Hope DD enjoys her mani/pedi!!

Beth- Glad that the lightning strike was a miss! And that you survived the recital! We went to Barnes and Noble this morning before heading over to Trader Joe's. They had some new things in - which is always fun- but the only new thing I got was some fudge sauce for ice cream (couldn't resist- and I'll use it sparingly as a treat).

Getting ready to work on the RR now - I'm going to skip the trek to the Bux for the 1/2 price frapp- I'll save my calories for the fudge sauce!!!

Archived