a_stitchintime

Some good clean fun?!

Hi all!

Just quickly passing through- I have class in 1/2 hour and still need to get dressed! LoL

Leeann- have a safe trip!

Joanne, I am planning to stop and get my frapp after class today- I haven't gotten one this whole week! :eek

Beth, the dance recital sounds chaotic! I'm sure you are glad to be done. WTG to your son on getting a B in nutrition. Our classes are not finished until the first week of June, but so far I'm "fairly" certain I will get A's in 3 of them- the last could be a borderline B.

Last night I started a sunhat for my mom, I found one I like but the top was a bit too "open" for her, so I altered the pattern a bit. Hope she likes it- Eva wants one, too. I have some pink Cotton-Ease that I will probably use for hers.

Ok, I must go! Love and hugs to all!!

Hi all! quick post before heading out the door.

Hope you all have a great week! I will be back on Wed. evening. I decided not to take my yarn and hooks, I have a small suitcase, a book bag and a huge binder and my purse, since I am not driving, I do not know how much room we will have in the vehicle. Want to be curteous to the other passengers...but gosh, I sure will miss it and all of you!

Will post as soon as i can! Hugs n squishes!

Hi all! quick post before heading out the door.

Hope you all have a great week! I will be back on Wed. evening. I decided not to take my yarn and hooks, I have a small suitcase, a book bag and a huge binder and my purse, since I am not driving, I do not know how much room we will have in the vehicle. Want to be curteous to the other passengers...but gosh, I sure will miss it and all of you!

Will post as soon as i can! Hugs n squishes!

Safe travels!!! See you Thursday or so!

Stacy- :cheer for probably getting all A's!!! So proud of you!!!! What hat pattern are you using to make your mom the sunhat. Cute that Eva wants one too- you can make matching grandma/granddaughter hats!! Although the pink does sound cute. I have a bunch of Cotton-ease in my stash- I usually pick it up with a 50% off coupon or when it's on sale----like this week it's on sale at AC Moore.....but I'm resisting the urge to stop there this week!!!!

I'm almost done with the RR!!:yay:yay One (or maybe 2) more rounds!!! Then weave in the ends!!!!

Good morning friends!

Awaiting coffee...please :lol k grabbed my first cup and now I feel like I can think.

Joanne-we had an awesome Saturday! We tried going to the park but it was severely windy, so we stopped at the library for relaxation with a good book and good company. We went to eat at one of our favorite Mexican Resteraunts, ran a few errands, rented movies and then came home. It was nice, even tho we did not get bowling in (they were packed) we had a great time! I will miss my family mucho-dd was almost in tears yesterday. We are going to do our Monday mani/pedi this afternoon before I head out.

I will be picked up at 4:30, the drive to La Junta will take about 3 hours, what crocheting project shall I take? Something small? I was thinking of making a few hats for Beth's charity. Will dig out the Simply Soft yarn and a few patterns/hooks.

Marisa-you will be cool as a cucumber this summer. :D Does knitting bother your hand/wrist more than crocheting? When I tried knitting, it hurt my thumbs quite a bit. Dinner at Olive Garden sounds yummy! that is ds fav. place to dine.

Beth-hope last night was awesomeness! Did you get any hook time in?

I am almost finished packing, just have toiletries, also going to color my hair this morning. I should have done it this last week, but I was being lazy.

oh and am on the second to the last row on the stripe,...getting that excited feeling when you are about to finish a project.

best get a move on it! Joanne-1/2 price fraps. sounds :c9 BBL before heading out!

hugs n squishes!

I'm already using my AC, it was crazy humid today :think Felt like 90 out, but was on 65-70 :eek I think my wrist was only starting to bother me because I sat and knitted for about 3 1/2 hours straight :eek while we were watching tv. I know we watched 2 movies on a regular channel which runs 2 hours and we didn't catch the first one at the beginning :shrug

Have a safe trip and sending positive thoughts your way that it goes well :hug

Good morning,

I survived the recital, but I never want to do that again! The custodian didn't open the school when she was supposed to, so I spent half an hour waiting in the sun. By the time I got to the door to sell tickets, it was a madhouse in there, and I couldn't take a minute to get organized and settled before jumping into full-steam-ahead work. We made it through. The dancers did well. We got everything loaded up in record time. We had a very late dinner at a grill/smokehouse, took Shrimp Boy home, then called it a night. I couldn't sleep. I realized that I misplaced a piece of my dd's costumes, and was imagining it out in the rain somewhere getting ruined. We had a very close lightning strike during the night, too. Doesn't help one get to sleep.

LeeAnn, you always manage to have a good time with your family. I think that's sweet. How is your son doing?

Marisa, I hope you find the right place in Pittsburgh. it sounds like you are having a good time with your parents. How lovely! Mine won't come see me any more. Too far of a drive for them.

Joanne, I hope you are having a great weekend.

Stacy, thinking of you!

Thanks, I love being with my parents :manyheart Next weekend I'll see them again, but this time out in Pitt visiting with my sister. I took friday off to head out :yes

Stacy - :cheer for doing so well in your classes. I hope you'll shart a pic of the hat you're making your mom (and eva :lol )

Nite nite ladies :c9

Just had to let you all know that I finished the Baby Round Ripple- ends and all!!! So happy!!!!! Now I've got 2 blankets for my step-daughter's baby and two for Ryan!!!

Night all!!

Just had to let you all know that I finished the Baby Round Ripple- ends and all!!! So happy!!!!! Now I've got 2 blankets for my step-daughter's baby and two for Ryan!!!

Night all!!

:jumpyay:bounce:2spin:dance:applause:clap:cheer:yay:woo

Good morning ladies- I'm running late- so can't stay and 'chat'.

Have a good Monday- as good as a Monday can be!!!!

BBL!

Good morning ladies :hi

Not much to talk about this morning. I didn't do any crafting yesterday. I watched the apprentice last night while folding my clothes and then off to lala land :lol I can't believe it's morning already :shrug

I hope you all have a wonderful day :hug

Hello. :tired Bad night here -- maybe 3 hours of sleep. I did get some afghaning done, but had to rip out a couple of rows because I found a mistake. Don't know why I'd make a mistake at 2 in the morning...

Any way, I hope you all have a great Monday. I'll talk to you later, when I've had a chance to get more sleep.

:hug

Took my dd to the doc -- she was limping, and said her toe hurt. So she got poked and prodded -- seems she has tendonitis. I'm so glad we are getting it treated. I'm usually a "Wait and see" type, but she was obviously in pain.

I hope you are all having a good day. I'm still crazy tired. Tutoring soon, then I will rest.

Sorry to hear about DD's toe- I guess the tendonitis is from all her ballet dancing in toe shoes? Glad you got her to the doc to get treated and I sure hope you get some sleep!!!

It's a rainy, dreary day here- and I'm in my PJ's getting ready for the DWTS and some crocheting before calling it a night.

Marisa- I wonder how Kim and Hines will do tonight? I am rooting for them all the way!

Good morning- gray and gloomy- but at least the gray will be out of my hair this evening after Paradise !!!

I finished another tote last evening while watching DWTS!!! This one was done in cotton and cotton ease. I'll post pics of it and the RR once there is some decent lighting!

Other than that- not much new to report- other than I just checked and the Yankees lost yet another game!! Don't know what's going on with them-

Off to get ready for Paradise- and have a cup of coffee!!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

I did zero crafting last night :( I have an appt to see 2 office spaces on friday and today am hoping to get a couple more scheduled in there :xfin

Beth - Sorry dd's toe is bothering her and thankfully you took her to the dr so it can be treated without waiting :hug Hope all is well.

Joanne - I thought hines and kim did an amazing job last night and I can't believe they didn't win the winner take all dance :think IMO, they were cleaner and crisper with their movements :shrug Anyhoo, don't worry about your yankees, they'll pull through as they always do. They usually do have a spot near the beginning of the season that they don't do too well in, but always come out of it. Even though I'm not a yankee fan, I can still encourage you :rofl

Enjoying my :coffee

Hello,

My dd thinks the injury was from the non-pointe dances, actually. She had 2 on pointe, and 3 off. It's hard to keep her off her feet.

The first time I saw the clock today, it was after 3 a.m. which is like sleeping in! After I saw my hubby off, I went back to bed. It was very nice.

I'm going to try to put the top coat of paint on the window we've reglazed and get the screens back in. I'd like to clean the kitchen some, too. It fell behind this weekend. Lack of sleep yesterday -- I didn't get any work done.

Joanne, can't wait to see the pics. You've been flying through those totes. I broke down and got the pattern, but I need to work on things for the sale before I start playing.

Marisa, good luck finding office space. The mapping will come in handy now!

LeeAnn, hope all is well with you.

Stacy, hugs to you and your family.

Hello,

My dd thinks the injury was from the non-pointe dances, actually. She had 2 on pointe, and 3 off. It's hard to keep her off her feet.

The first time I saw the clock today, it was after 3 a.m. which is like sleeping in! After I saw my hubby off, I went back to bed. It was very nice.

I'm going to try to put the top coat of paint on the window we've reglazed and get the screens back in. I'd like to clean the kitchen some, too. It fell behind this weekend. Lack of sleep yesterday -- I didn't get any work done.

Joanne, can't wait to see the pics. You've been flying through those totes. I broke down and got the pattern, but I need to work on things for the sale before I start playing.

Marisa, good luck finding office space. The mapping will come in handy now!

LeeAnn, hope all is well with you.

Stacy, hugs to you and your family.

You're right, the mapping was just the ground work :lol

Good luck with your windows :hug

Off to work :sigh

Wow, I see it's quite deserted in here today :think

I have another appointment for saturday morning so am now checking out 3 locations. Still waiting to hear back from someone for 3 others right in my sister's neighborhood. We seem to be playing phone tag :( Hopefully, tomorrow's productive on that one :xfin Going to watch some tv and start a market bag and turtlelvr just posted today for trial :D

I hope you all had a wonderful day and find some time to relax :yes:hug

Wow, I see it's quite deserted in here today :think

I have another appointment for saturday morning so am now checking out 3 locations. Still waiting to hear back from someone for 3 others right in my sister's neighborhood. We seem to be playing phone tag :( Hopefully, tomorrow's productive on that one :xfin Going to watch some tv and start a market bag and turtlelvr just posted today for trial :D

I hope you all had a wonderful day and find some time to relax :yes:hug

You're right, the mapping was just the ground work :lol

Good luck with your windows :hug

Off to work :sigh

Oh, I can't wait to see the market bag!!! I started SBT#8 this morning- to match the RR- I'll put the blanket in that when I gift it!!! So I want to finish that before I start the market bag!

I agree about Hines and Kim! I'm watching Biggest Loser which motivates me to stay on track- I lost another l lb and didn't even try- I think I've been doing more exercise without even trying- like yardwork- that must have burned lots of calories!!!

Exiting that you have 3 places already to look at!!!!

Beth- Hope you had a good day and that you were able to get some of your "to do" list done!!! Hope DD's toe is starting to feel a little better!!! Hopefully you'll get another good night's sleep tonight!!!

My grays are gone and I feel like I should be going out instead of sitting here in my sweats!!!:lol

Off to hook a bit!!!

LeeAnn- thinking of you and hoping that the trip is going well!

Well, the guy that I've been playing phone tag with sent me an email that they're switching me to another guy because of our schedule conflicts :lol It turns out that the guy they're setting me up with is the same one I already have an appt with for friday morning :clap I'll have to call him back tomorrow to ask about the other 3 in my sister's area. Initially as I was looking, you can click the 'request more info' link, which was how I came in contact with this guy to begin with. But I quickly noticed that I was hearing from different people for each property :think Since they break up the agents according to area and I'm looking at a couple different areas. So I called the main number and asked if there was any way I could work with one person and I completely went in a circle. Hopefully in a good way, but only time will tell :lol

I'm at round 10 on the market bag and put it down for the night as my forearm is getting sore. After the base, the body works up in trc's and they are soooo awkward for me that I have a death grip on it :eek Hopefully the practice does me well :xfin

Heading up to read a bit before bed, night ladies :c9

Good morning!

Marisa- That would be great if you can work with only one agent- and it sure looks like you'll have a good # of places to look at. I'm very excited for you---only two more days and you'll be on your way!!

I worked to Rd 20 of the SBT to match the RR- and was just getting too tired to do anymore....although I really wanted to.

I will then attempt the market tote- TRC's will give me lots of practice- I don't usually do TRC's- they seem awkward to me---but maybe with practice....we'll see.....

Off to get ready for Paradise. Hope you all have a good Hump Day!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

It came too early again :eek Nothing new since last night.

Joanne - have a great day in paradise. I can't wait for the weekend so I hope the workday today and tomorrow go quickly :xfin

We doing our boscov's trip tonight and then out to eat so I won't be back until tomorrow morning after I leave for work today :hug

Hello,

It's all Stacy's fault that it took me so long to get on her this morning. She had a link to a hilarious blog on her facebook page, and I spent way too much time reading through the entries, and laughing, and crying... Thanks, Stacy, for my daily entertainment!

Marisa,, the weekend is well on it's way. Today is Hump Day! It feels odd -- Amanda is skipping her private lesson today, so I just have to tutor. And wash those darn windows. It started raining while I was painting yesterday, so I hope they look OK. Didn't really get a good chance to dry.

Joanne, I'm sure you are gorgeous with your hair all de-grayed. You are flying through those totes.

Is trc triple crochet? It's not my favorite, but it sure goes fast.

LeeAnn, hope things are going well for you, and you are having a good time on your trip.

Talk to everyone soon. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

I'm home and hungry!!! DH just said- are we having dinner tonight? So I take that as my hint that I should go figure something out- I guess maybe just something fast and easy- maybe pasta and a tossed salad.

BBL

Dinner is over and i'm back- quick dinner of TJ's fish sticks and also Trader Joe's Creamy Polenta with spinach and carrots. From their flyer: it is more similar in texture to a risotto than to what you might be used to in polenta. In fact, we were tempted to call it “Polenta Risotto.” Ultimately we thought better of giving something without rice the name risotto. Inside the bag are little “pellets” of polenta combined with copious amounts of spinach and grated carrots. It was a great easy dinner and low in calories (and sodium)

LeeAnn- looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Beth- I hope that with the damp weather the paint dried ok! TRC is triple crochet- and I'm not really a fan of the stitch either- I find it awkward, but I like the look of the market bag, so i'll give it a go! You are right that at least with the triple, it'll go fast!

Marisa- Hope you had a great dinner and can't believe you are almost done with your treks to Boscov's!!! Only one more day of "paradise" and then you are off on your office seeking excursion to Pitt!!!

I'm off to finish SBT #8!!!

Yooohoooo!

Remember me? I'm back!!!! And boy oh boy did I miss all of you!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Beth-so sorry to hear that your dd has tendinitis in her foot, but hope she feels better. Speaking of feeling better, have you slept? why do you get up soo early? Did the paint dry inspite of the rain? I can't remember, what project are you working on?

Joanne-wtg on the round ripple! How awesome, can't wait to see pics! and sbt #8??? will this one be in cotton as well? wowzza! Your hooks are smoking!

Marisa-I hope that your hunt for the perfect location goes smoothly, glad that you have come full circle. Did you get a chance to craft today? How is Mary's mom feeling? I bet your family is becoming more and more excited about your move?

The trip was fantastic! I had a great time! The training was intense, I can only hope and pray that I can implement and follow all of the curricula as well as Headstart Standards. I am familiar with all of the curricula and such but monitoring implementation from a management perspective can be tricky.

I missed my family soo much! They have been glued to my side since I walked in.:c9 Tomorrow will start the Great Race as dd has a Spring Concert, movie day, field trip and rehearsal for these last two days. Ds is almost finished, he does not have any field trips, but he is excited to finish school.

must get to unpacking, so that the kiddos can pack, they are getting ready for their week stay at my sister's house. BBL!

hugs n extra squishes!!!

Welcome back LeeAnn! Glad that you had such a good productive trip- and I've no doubt you will do a great job!!!!

Good luck tomorrow with the "Great Race"

The SBT#8 that I'm almost done with is in the same yarn as the Baby RR- I'm going to put the blanket in it. As soon as it's done (which should be soon), I'll get pics of the SBT and the RR!!

Well, I'm fading fast, so I'm going to call it a night!