Some good clean fun?!

Evenin' all!

Joanne-hope you had a great day in Paradise! Is the transition going smoothly?

Did everything on my to do list except for the baskets, I ran out of steam. Dinner is in the oven, sweet potatoe fries and hot dogs on the stove. not exactly gourmet, but it will do. :devil

DWTS is on tonight, plan to sit and :hook. BBL! hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary- Good to hear from you and I can't believe how many sweaters you have made and how many craft shows you are gearing up for!!! WTG!!!!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world with them!!!

Beth- I LOVE the afghan!!! Beautiful color combination and you finished that rather quickly!! Sorry to hear about the devastation in your area but I 'm happy that you were spared! The weather keeps getting crazier and crazier

LeeAnn- It sounds promising about the Migrant position! Keep thinking positive thoughts!!!!

Just wanted to post my pic of the Stash Buster Tote I finished then I'm going to watch the Sixers- and see if my DD wants some coffee- she has been working very hard all day on her paper and even surprised me with Pasta Salad for dinner that was waiting when I got home.

post-27163-135897650983_thumb.jpg

Evenin' all!

Joanne-hope you had a great day in Paradise! Is the transition going smoothly?

Did everything on my to do list except for the baskets, I ran out of steam. Dinner is in the oven, sweet potatoe fries and hot dogs on the stove. not exactly gourmet, but it will do. :devil

DWTS is on tonight, plan to sit and :hook. BBL! hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

Transition is going well, but I still feel overwhelmed- lots to learn, get done and not enough hours in the day- trying not to let it stress me! Sweet potato fries and hot dogs sounds good enough to me:manyheart

Ta-Daaaaahhhhhhhh! :fame

Gorgeous!!!!! I love the colors and the texture (not that I can feel it :lol but love the look)

Morning!

Beth-yiippeeee skippy! you finished the ghan! Can't wait to see pics. I bet you have visited the kittens today?

Joanne-have a great day in Paradise today, bet you will finish the ghan for step-grandson to be soon.

Marisa-what kind of map are you doing?

I have been on a cleaning streak...swept, mopped, dishes, beds, laundry just need to dust and vac. but will get to that in a few. Must go grocery shopping today, uggghhh...now if only they could deliver. :devil

the director called from the migrant to ask me several questions, she said to be optimistic, and that I interviewed well..oh I hope! I hope I hope!

back to cleaning.BBL! will post pics of my goodies at the shop, I also hope to get the mother's day basket put together this afternoon too...best get a move on it.

I picked up a map of pittsburgh and am pinning it with the chiro's in network for the 2 largest insurance companies there to kinda see where there are too many versus barely any :think Because one of them will only allow so many per area. So, if I open up shop and there's alot around there, the insurance company can deny me to be a provider for them :( It's alot of work, but IMO needs to be done. I finished the one company last week and am starting the other tonight. It's very time consuming because first I locate in online and then have to orient myself on the 'real' map and then find the more exact spot :eek

Hi Ladies

Long time no " talk ". Sorry I have not been around but if you have been on facebook than you all know why. Iam now on sweater number 54 and Iam pretty sure I will have the 60 done by the end of the month.

The next things I will be working on will be hats and towels. My first show is the second weekend in June and the next one will be at the end of June and then one more the first weekend in Nov. Iam keeping pretty busy and I just love it.

I hope life is treating everyone wonderful and I think about you all every day.

Hugs and Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

Wow Mary, 54 sweater to be 60 by the end of the month!!!! That's great!!! meanwhile my sweater that I started like 2 months ago is waiting for sleeves :lol WTG :cheer :cheer :cheer

Mary- Good to hear from you and I can't believe how many sweaters you have made and how many craft shows you are gearing up for!!! WTG!!!!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world with them!!!

Beth- I LOVE the afghan!!! Beautiful color combination and you finished that rather quickly!! Sorry to hear about the devastation in your area but I 'm happy that you were spared! The weather keeps getting crazier and crazier

LeeAnn- It sounds promising about the Migrant position! Keep thinking positive thoughts!!!!

Just wanted to post my pic of the Stash Buster Tote I finished then I'm going to watch the Sixers- and see if my DD wants some coffee- she has been working very hard all day on her paper and even surprised me with Pasta Salad for dinner that was waiting when I got home.

I love your colors and the tote is awesome!!!!! I got the pattern this morning, but fear I won't get to it any time soon :(

My sixers are not off to a very good start so far......but that might be a good think :lol

Good morning!!!

Quickie post to wish you all a wonderful day. It'll be a busy day in Paradise and can't wait to get home to get back to the SBT (stash buster tote)

See you later.........

Good morning everybody!

Joanne, love the tote. It looks great!

Marisa, your map sounds like a lot of work, but it sounds like time well spent, too.

Mary, so nice to hear from you!!!! You have been busy. You're doing a great job on those sweaters. Good luck with the craft shows.

LeeAnn, busy lady! So nice to get a lot of things crossed off the "to do" list.

Not much to report here. I've got some time with my van planned for today -- a nice long trip to the dance supply store, for new pointe shoes, and time in the passenger seat so my son can finish his practice driving time before he can do the next step towards getting his license...

Yee haw!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Joanne - have a good day in paradise :hug

Beth - my map is alot of work and time consuming, but it needs to be done :yes Oh boy, new pointe shoes....sounds painful breaking them in. I've only ever broken in one pair and couldn't imagine it again :( Have fun being chaufered for practice time :lol

Afternoon all!

Been lazy this morning, did my chores and have been crocheting. I should be putting baskets together, but am just not into it today.

Marisa-mapping does sound extensive but oh so worth it. Good luck!

Beth-hoping the ride for new shoes went well and that you were able to get hook time in.

Joanne-hope your day in Paradise flies by fast and furious so that you can start another tote. What color/s will the new tote be in?

back to playing hooky.:devil

I had a LONG day at work- and felt like I was being pulled in a million directions (I guess because I was- LOL_

Beth Hope the driving went well- I used to be constantly putting on the imaginary brake when I had to be the passenger when my DD's were driving! (as a matter of fact, I still do---usually if we go somewhere together, I prefer to drive)

LeeAnn- It's nice to break up the day with some hooky time. What's on the hook? I started another SBT last night in Blue Denim and colonial blue (vanna's choice). Just getting ready to get back to it- It's a great Stash Buster ....and STRESS Buster too!!

Marisa- Hope your day went well- and I'm glad you joined the Crochet Tote Addict Cal

Anyone else want to join in the fun?

Have a good night!

Evenin all!

Joanne-so glad that you are home and can relax. It is difficult when you are being pulled in a million directions, hope tomorrow is better. The new colors for the tote are cool, gosh you finished this last tote quickly. I saw the pattern on Ravelry..hmmm...ideas. :yes

I worked on the Light & Lacy ghan, almost finished, down to the last skien. Going to cut the tassles and then continue this way I can use as much of the yarn as possible.

I ordered dh a new scent for soap. He actually did research and wanted camoflauge designed soap. Funny huh? He found the instructional. They recommended a fragrance called Blue Man. It came in today as well as a free trial scent called Tropical Paradise...of course that got my creative juices flowing...tomorrow I will play and get those baskets done and a few other goodies. Can't wait! I will be running the shop on the Saturday before Mother's day for another sale. Not sure I will do the summer fair event after all. It may coincide with the new position if I get it. Kathi's shop is close the park where the fair will be, I may just ask her if I can contract a few goodies to sell since she will be open.

Best check on dinner. Made taco's, Spanish rice, guacamole and salad...yummy!

hugs n squishes! BBL!

Good evening ladies :hi

Just got home from work, which wasn't too bad today :no

Beth - It's nice to have a day off now and again. And WTG dh for getting the creative juices flowing :lol Good thinking for father's day gifts :think

Joanne - I hope you're still in one piece after being pulled in all directions today :hug Going to do some mapping, but planning to start a tote too :yes I need to get some fun me time in

Hello everybody!

i hope your day is going a bit better than mine. I realized at 6 this morning that I never closed the back of my van last night after a trip to the grocery store. My son had closed it on his way out the door for work. :blush I got some work done on my hubby's flannelghan, and I made a quick hat. I talked my son into accompanying my dd and me across the tunnel and down the highway 24 miles to the dance outlet to buy some new pointe shoes, promising lunch on the way back. The trip there was fine. The trip back... not so much. We hit two major delays due to accidents, and it took about 2 hours to make the 30 minute trip. But the delay allowed us to include the oldest son after his work day for our late lunch, then he took the others to the video game store, and I got to go home. It was quiet! I went to the ballet studio to try to get the paperwork done, but still didn't have the info from the other teacher, so I came home.

Joanne, the totes are very nice. Always good to have another stashbusting project. If I didn't have a mountain of WIM's...

LeeAnn, Camo soap??? Interesting.

Marisa, the mapping sounds like a lot of work. I think you need some hook time, too.

Mary, have you reached your goal for sweaters yet?

I'm off to try to finish another square or two on the flannelghan tonight.

Beth- Sounds like a very busy day- but glad that you ALL got to go out to eat together- I guess that everything happens for a reason rang true for you. Too bad it took a 2 hr trip for that to happen!!!

I know the feeling of being in a car for a long time- when a trip should only take a certain amount of time and it more than doubles!!! One thing about Friday's in the summer- it takes an hour or more to get home since everyone (it seems like it at least) is heading to the shore for the weekend!!!

Only a few more days till your DH comes home!!

Edit- Since I was the last to post last night, I'll just add to that post and say Good Morning- Happy Hump Day- make it a wonderful day!!!!!

Hello everybody!

i hope your day is going a bit better than mine. I realized at 6 this morning that I never closed the back of my van last night after a trip to the grocery store. My son had closed it on his way out the door for work. :blush I got some work done on my hubby's flannelghan, and I made a quick hat. I talked my son into accompanying my dd and me across the tunnel and down the highway 24 miles to the dance outlet to buy some new pointe shoes, promising lunch on the way back. The trip there was fine. The trip back... not so much. We hit two major delays due to accidents, and it took about 2 hours to make the 30 minute trip. But the delay allowed us to include the oldest son after his work day for our late lunch, then he took the others to the video game store, and I got to go home. It was quiet! I went to the ballet studio to try to get the paperwork done, but still didn't have the info from the other teacher, so I came home.

Joanne, the totes are very nice. Always good to have another stashbusting project. If I didn't have a mountain of WIM's...

LeeAnn, Camo soap??? Interesting.

Marisa, the mapping sounds like a lot of work. I think you need some hook time, too.

Mary, have you reached your goal for sweaters yet?

I'm off to try to finish another square or two on the flannelghan tonight.

Here's hoping today works out more smoothly for you :hug On the upside, dh is coming home soon :yay

Beth- Sounds like a very busy day- but glad that you ALL got to go out to eat together- I guess that everything happens for a reason rang true for you. Too bad it took a 2 hr trip for that to happen!!!

I know the feeling of being in a car for a long time- when a trip should only take a certain amount of time and it more than doubles!!! One thing about Friday's in the summer- it takes an hour or more to get home since everyone (it seems like it at least) is heading to the shore for the weekend!!!

Only a few more days till your DH comes home!!

Edit- Since I was the last to post last night, I'll just add to that post and say Good Morning- Happy Hump Day- make it a wonderful day!!!!!

I have the same problem here on fridays, only I avoid the 'traffic' route then and stick to back roads since I'm able to. Otherwise my 15-20 minute trip would take about 45 for me :(

So last night I worked on my map a bit, then I started a tote during dwts, and I got to read a chapter of my book before bed :clap I still need to get my sleeves started for my knit sweater though :sigh It's calling my name loud and clear and although I want to work on it, I really really wanted to start the tote :lol

Have a great day everyone and I'll catch y'all later on :yes

Hi Ladies

55 sweaters done and Iam now on 56. Iam moving along quite nicely. I had a dentist app. this morning and I have to meet someone to do some paper work then back home to crochet.

Hope everyone is having a great day, Raining again here.

Hey everyone :hi

Nothing new to report here. I got a few rounds of my tote done during my lunch break today :clap Now I'm getting ready to sit in front of the tv. If my laptop will come on (it's temperamental) then I'll get some mapping done, but if not.....crafting it is :lol:devil

WTG Mary :cheer :cheer :cheer

Hi Ladies

55 sweaters done and Iam now on 56. Iam moving along quite nicely. I had a dentist app. this morning and I have to meet someone to do some paper work then back home to crochet.

Hope everyone is having a great day, Raining again here.

Wow Mary!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer WTG on all the sweaters!!! I hope you do fantastic at the craft show!!!! :hug

Had another long day at work- then stopped at Kohl's on my way home to use my 30% off coupon (today was the last day) and bought some tops to wear to work. Then home to eat dinner (thank goodness it was ready- DH cooked sausage and peppers) Watching Idol and checking in on my threads-

Now it's off to crochet- and work on my tote!!!

Good morning!

LeeAnn- those camo soaps are cool looking!!!! Great job on them!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the Sixer's playoff game tonight!!!

Beth- Only a couple more days till DH is home!!!!

Stacy- Only a couple more days till you can drink coffee again!!!

Me- Only a couple more days till the weekend!!!!!

Mary- I bet you'll have 2 more sweaters done by the time I get home from work!!!

Off to work a little early today- I really, really want to get out on time today!!!

Have a good one everybody-

Good morning, ladies!

I am so excited that dh is coming home tomorrow!!! I got a jump on my cleaning today to get things spruced up for him. I took down the drapes in our room and the shower curtain, and laundered them, and rehung them. I cleaned both bathrooms. I want the kids to get up, so I don't have to worry about making noise!

Joanne, have a good day at work. I hope you'll get out on time today.

LeeAnn, your soaps are very cool.

Marisa, did your laptop work for you?

Mary, What's your sweater count now? You go, girl!

Well, off to clean out cat boxes -- :yuck But it needs to be done.

Archived