Wool Eater Afghan CAL

thanks for the answers ladies, I'm not sure how it would work to stay with the one color, and I think it would be good with some others but I'll have to wait to buy some solids.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what I have so far :hook

I'm using I Love This Yarn in:

Sungold, Buttercup, Turquoise, Soft Blue, Medium Blue, Grape, Dark Raspberry, Pink, Soft Pink, and White.

post-7657-13589741049_thumb.jpg

Sungold, Buttercup, Turquoise, Soft Blue, Medium Blue, Grape, Dark Raspberry, Pink, Soft Pink, and White.

I love your colours. very very nice :c9

Very pretty!!!! :clap:clap

Hi All! Does anybody have this pattern written out in US terms? I would really appreciate seeing it that way.

save the pattern to Word.doc and then use the replace function to change stitch names, That is what I did for my copy.

I'm sorry but I can't just share mine.

• 4 weeks later...

So is anyone still doing this blanket? I wanted to start it way back when, but other things came about and I am now looking to start this blanket. There are actually 6 blankets I would like to complete before September and I still have a little boy's layette to make.

I WANT to start one. I'm on vacation now, driving across country, and when I get back home, I HAVE to finish a project I'm working on which should take me a couple of weeks more tops.

:eek I hope to pick out the yarn shortly after that, then start the afghan. The look is so great, and the color choices seem to be very important with this one, so I want to get it just right. I'm planning on using Caron Simply Soft, so the color choices are numerous.

Anyone else have any updates?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I finally finished mine!!

I had some problems with my email, and hence my sign-on, so I had to rejoin the 'ville under a new username -- I'm originally signed up on this CAL as LyndyLou, but it's still me!! :lol

I posted a picture over here of the finished product. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

I ran across a video tutorial for this afghan (with accompanying written instructions on her blog) on YouTube:

If anyone is having trouble with the afghan, this tutorial should clear things up nicely. It reminded me I have yet to start mine. One more project, then this one moves to the top of the queue.

I ran across a video tutorial for this afghan (with accompanying written instructions on her blog) on YouTube:

If anyone is having trouble with the afghan, this tutorial should clear things up nicely. It reminded me I have yet to start mine. One more project, then this one moves to the top of the queue.

Thanks Gene for the link.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

I finally started this afghan for a baby blanket version. I am using the pattern at this link, which is the tutorial I posted earlier. Since it's for a baby afghan, I'm using an N (10 mm) hook and treble crochet for a lacier fabric. This pattern uses 10 trc in the corners and 6 trc along the edge, which opens up the fabric a bit. I'm definitely going to do the Sarah London version when this one's finished.

Eventually will have 9 colors, here at 5 colors.

post-13211-135897434687_thumb.jpg

Hey !

I have read the entire CAL :lol I noticed that crochetdad posted the tutorial (the one on youtube) is this basically the gist of the pattern written by sarah london ? I want to attempt this pattern but the writtern instructions are a little confusing (i have only read them) If the tutorial is just the basic pattern ( i noticed the the stitch count is different, but that is ok) i think i will be able to make one using the tutorial as a guide line

Sorry to ramble just couldn't explain my self :)

Hey !

I have read the entire CAL :lol I noticed that crochetdad posted the tutorial (the one on youtube) is this basically the gist of the pattern written by sarah london ? I want to attempt this pattern but the writtern instructions are a little confusing (i have only read them) If the tutorial is just the basic pattern ( i noticed the the stitch count is different, but that is ok) i think i will be able to make one using the tutorial as a guide line

Sorry to ramble just couldn't explain my self :)

Sorry - I should have been more specific.

The tutorial video and blog link I posted was written in Teresa's Learn to Crochet blog in Savannah, Georgia and refers to the wheel stitch crochet square or Catherine's Wheel. It uses treble crochet and a 10-stitch corner block with a 6-stitch side block. My baby afghan post uses Teresa's version of the pattern, since it produces a lacier fabric.

This thread was started with reference to a pattern written by Sarah London in her blog and uses double crochet (treble crochet in the UK) with a 12-stitch corner block and an 8-stitch side block.

I posted the link to the video tutorial in an effort to help someone get started on this beautiful afghan. It certainly helped me understand the written instructions.

Neither of the written instructions use common terms for the stitch combination created. What I understand as a 4 (double or treble) stitch cluster is referred in Sarah's pattern as a "cluny group" and in Teresa's pattern as a "4 TC joined". Teresa's attempt at a visual crochet symbol representation doesn't use conventional diagrams for the cluster stitch, so it is confusing as well.

I hope I didn't further confuse things...perhaps I'll post a version in my blog as well...;)

For a boy, 6 shades of blue with burgundy, buff and white Red Heart Super Saver yarn and an "N" (10 mm) hook. The blanket is approximately 34 inches across.

I used the pattern at Teresa's Learn to Crochet blog - I noticed Sarah London's pattern is no longer available unless you're invited to view the blog. I'm not sure what that's all about.

post-13211-135897437582_thumb.jpg

Totally Wow! Gene. I love this ghan and I really must get back to it. My centre is so pretty ... why am I not finishing it :think.

Does anyone have any info on what is happening with Sarah's blog?

The pattern is no longer available, as the designer is having some issues she perceives as copyright infringement of her pattern. She has chosen not to make the pattern publicly available at this time. Please respect her wishes, and do not make offers to send others a copy of this pattern via post, private message, email, or any other means. The only way to get a copy of the pattern at this point in time would be to contact the designer directly and ask if she'll send you a copy. But now is probably not the best time to do that. I would recommend waiting a week or two to see what changes she makes on her blog, and whether she makes the pattern available again.

I did print this pattern back when it was available - I just had a quick question before I begin this.... I had also printed the "American/UK table" that was along with it - the pattern itself though it written in the UK/Australian version correct? So I would substitute the Australian abbreviations with the American ones? Just want to make sure I understand what I'm doing before beginning....

Thanks!!!

Archived