Wool Eater Afghan CAL

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Progess has been slow, but only because of a lack of crochet time! Love this pattern...it is easy and unique!

wooleaterprogress.jpg

Your wooleater is gorgeous, love the colors.

wow, I love this... Mind if I join??

Hey Tracy glad you could join us.

Hmmmm, this is really tempting - the thing is I'm actually trying to finish something before starting something else - for once! I have several afghans going already and there's a chance I'll actually complete a couple of them - but this one sure looks fun.

Hi Barb, its great to see you, you will love this pattern

:sunIt is a beautiful spring day here in Nebraska!

Sorry, everyone, I have been MIA! I had a kidney stone which resulted in a visit the er and it took me out for a few days! Not a fun experience. :(

:wooI was so excited to log in here and see so many joining in!

Stormdrac: :welcomeSimply soft would be wonderful for this afghan and I can’t wait to see your color choices!

Time to get cracking and make some progress here too! Happy crocheting ladies!:hook

Oh you poor thing, hope your ok now. Thanks for starting this thread this pattern is amazing.

I received a sign from the yarn gods - the color I needed for the next row on the afghan I've been primarily working on... thought I had another skein in the stash, but I'm fresh out of it. So rather than make a run to the store, I dug in my stash to find some colors to start a wooleater - (I'm just too easy...)

I'm trying it with Caron Simply Soft Brites and White

Here's a picture of day 1's progress (day 1 is always the most productive day for me) I'm liking the colors so far

Oh its beautiful, you made a great start.

I want to join ... I decided to make a wooleater ghan for my nephew's wedding ... I've finished 7 double rows so far ... when my DD#1 gets home I'll have her help me take a photo....

I want to join ... I decided to make a wooleater ghan for my nephew's wedding ... I've finished 7 double rows so far ... when my DD#1 gets home I'll have her help me take a photo....

Hi Shelly! You've gotten a lot done already. Looking forward to your pic. :yes Welcome! :hug

Yáll just don''t play nice at all. you keep posting all these wonderful photos :dreaming

how is a gal to get any WIPs done with temptation like this available :?

I will not start one of these.

:sigh

Yáll just don''t play nice at all. you keep posting all these wonderful photos :dreaming

I'm right there with you Darski! I want to make one, but I just can't start something new until I finish some WIPs! Maybe by January I'll have things under control enough to make a Wool-Eater 'Ghan! :lol

I showed the wooleater to my sister... I'm making it for my nephew's wedding in August .. she said the tan color matches their couch ... the rusty red and ecru match their throw pillows and the turqouise is her favorite color....

Super Granny i really like the colors you picked. It is very pretty. Iam trying to get some things finished up before doing one of these but i think the temptation is getting to me lol. I think i will be joining soon. :clap

:sigh

:laughroll:laughroll

The blue really makes those colors pop!:cheer I haven't had a problem with twisting, so I am not sure what is happening there.

Here is an update on mine. Just wanted to know, can you see that mine is slanting a little bit if you look at the square in the middle up to the orange. Is anyone elses doing this or am I doing something wrong.

th_P4190052.jpg

Here is an update on mine. Just wanted to know, can you see that mine is slanting a little bit if you look at the square in the middle up to the orange. Is anyone elses doing this or am I doing something wrong.

th_P4190052.jpg

I haven't tried this yet but I am just wondering if you can turn on every row so it is less likely to start twisting like that.

I am doing regular grannies for my charity ghan and I noticed that one was starting to go awry. I just started pulling each corner into place as I worked along to stop that and it is working. Maybe a little straightening after each round will slow that effect.

I absolutely love your colours. Beautiful

Ok guys... we need to get our stories straight. If anybody asks... Darski did not start one of these ghans with a very pretty tangerine colour and a creamy aran yarn. :no Nope didn't happen

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Barbara: those colors are amazing!! :clapAs I am working on on mine I keep thinking of all the other colors I want to do one in!

Darski: :tup I knew the temptation was getting to you!!:cheer My lips are sealed but I can't wait to see that thing you are NOT working on!!:wink

Here's mine through round 14. I think I'm starting to get a little bit of slant too, but I'm just going to carry on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/3462011841/

Archived