Wool Eater Afghan CAL

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barbara .. Wendy claimed she couldn't figure out how to do it so several of us started just to help her out and got so involved we ended up making one...

Oh yeah, it's all coming back to me now. That's how I got started too...

oh ladeis thats so funny

wendy

do you need any help??? i can start one too JUST TO HELP YOU WITH NO NEEDS OF MAKING THIS VERY COLORFULL LOVELLY ATRACTIVE BLANCKET looooooooooool :rofl

Well.......... you all did it.............. you MADE me start one.

Good grief and hubby likes it alot... so now I HAVE to finish it.

my oh my.......................

post-18634-135897403819_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

oh ladeis thats so funny

wendy

do you need any help??? i can start one too JUST TO HELP YOU WITH NO NEEDS OF MAKING THIS VERY COLORFULL LOVELLY ATRACTIVE BLANCKET looooooooooool :rofl

:rofl very funny. well yes I think you need to make one. :lol

[ATTACH]1029[/ATTACH]

It looks fantastic, love the colors

Oh yeah, it's all coming back to me now. That's how I got started too...

:rofl

oh ladeis thats so funny

wendy

Another victim! :rofl:rofl

[ATTACH]1029[/ATTACH]

That's beautiful! I love the colors you chose. :clap:yes

Tam, cool colors, that looks awesome.

Athba, your colors sound bright and cheery, and as you can tell from my pics, I like bright and cheery!

omy... thanks everyone for the compliments and encouragement!!!

I havent worked on it anymore due to other commitments... but plan to get some time with it this week. I have tons of baseball games I can get some crochet time in with!

hello

wow lovelly colors

i wonder what to use for mine!!! :think

peach + carrot + rose + purple+ yellow + seige

what do you think???

ooooh! that sounds gorgeous! I have come to the conclusion that this blanket would be amazing in any color choice and I can't wait to see what the next person chooses!

omy... thanks everyone for the compliments and encouragement!!!

I havent worked on it anymore due to other commitments... but plan to get some time with it this week. I have tons of baseball games I can get some crochet time in with!

Tam: I love the colors you chose! :cheerIt can be a challenge to find some good solid crochet time! This was the first year my son did not play basketball and it really cut down on that comitted time slot! Hope you get lots of opportunities during baseball! Can't wait to see that blanket as it grows!

Can I join in too??

I really REALLY want to make one too!! I love the colors used here http://thornberry.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/wool-eater-progresses/

I don't live near a Hobby Lobby, but I did find what looked like matching colors on their Crafts Etc website -- when I go on vacation to Iowa on Friday I'll have to make a clandestine stop at a couple of HL's on the way to see if I can get my yarn.:devil Hubby won't notice yarn piling up in the back seat of the car, will he???:lol

Well, I'm done! :clap Here is my finished lapghan. It's going to the Pine Ridge Elder Center on the reservation and is done in the Lakota tribe colors. I know it's a little warped but I hope some elder will still like it. It ended up around 50" square. Thanks for looking. :hug

post-12520-135897405222_thumb.jpg

LyndyLou: Welcome! I love the colors in that one too. Good luck on your yarn hunt! can you smuggle in a small empty bag or suitcase he wouldn't notice and just keep stashing yarn there? :lol

Cherri: that came out very pretty and I know someone will be thrilled to have it!

I am going to keep working on mine a little longer:hook Not quite sure yet where I want to stop!

Thanks for the compliments. :hug I do think that before I make another one, I'll have to figure out why it got warped. It's not as bad as I thought but being a perfectionist, it bothers me. :lol:yes

I began working on one of these when this thread first started. I got a little discouraged and set it aside because it just took too much concentration. With the little amount of crochet time I get, it almost didn't seem worth it. Now, looking at all the posted pics, I am thinking I may have judged too soon. I will probably dig it back out once I finish a couple of other WIPs.

Great job everyone.

Cheri that is just gorgeous!! If you find out how to correct the wrap let me know -- most of my square stuff turns out off kilter too!!

Tam: I love the colors you chose! :cheerIt can be a challenge to find some good solid crochet time! This was the first year my son did not play basketball and it really cut down on that comitted time slot! Hope you get lots of opportunities during baseball! Can't wait to see that blanket as it grows!

Thank you for the compliment. :hug

Omy........... my three little ones still at home sure do keep me busy with sports. Football..Basketball... Track.. and Baseball.......... :whew

I can get some crocheting done at the games.... and practices... but all the driving to and from is what eats at my time........... :hook

Well, I'm done! :clap Here is my finished lapghan. It's going to the Pine Ridge Elder Center on the reservation and is done in the Lakota tribe colors. I know it's a little warped but I hope some elder will still like it. It ended up around 50" square. Thanks for looking. :hug

Wow................ that turned out so nice!!! Great job!!! :yes

ok I really want to try this one but I have a question for those of you that have started it, do you think it would be possible to do it in all one color (I got lucky at Michael's yesterday and got 14 skeins of RH sunshine print) I'd love to do it in this varigated but not sure it would work

ok I really want to try this one but I have a question for those of you that have started it, do you think it would be possible to do it in all one color (I got lucky at Michael's yesterday and got 14 skeins of RH sunshine print) I'd love to do it in this varigated but not sure it would work

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, I'm afraid the pattern would get lost using a varigated yarn (although I could be completely wrong). Why don't you try it and see. The beginning goes really quickly and you could always frog it. :)

Kelly, it is best to break up the varigated yarn with a solid here and there. You can usually find some matching or blending colours to showcase your varigated yarn.

Archived