Wool Eater Afghan CAL

very pretty afghan but looks kinda slow progress and really wool EATER which means there is no enough yarn :(

plus i have to finish other things but maybe i`ll make it after 5 years loooool :rofl

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omgoodness.................. these blankets are awesome........... you ladies have just done some wonderful work!!!

I want so bad to make one of these... but oh my.... to start another project? my oh my

** trying not to click the link to the pattern** No.. No... dont do it Tammy..............

:heart

:mug

[ATTACH]939[/ATTACH]

Here's mine through rd 18

Barbara: those colors are amazing!! I love it! It is nice that even after a few days, you can pick this up and know what to do without a pattern! I like that it is repeptitive and yet the pattern doesn't get boring

Tammy: :spin you need to start a wool eater :spin

Aussie, I don't know what to say about the slanting. I just took a look at the pictures by the designer at the link on my original post and she has step by step pics that are better than any I can take.

Aussie, I don't know what to say about the slanting. I just took a look at the pictures by the designer at the link on my original post and she has step by step pics that are better than any I can take.

Ok, after looking at the closeups, I can see that I did mine totally in the wrong place. I did mine in the closing stitch rather than the first chain like the pics show. :(:sigh:cry:lol But, I AM NOT tearing it all out. :no I'm almost done. :yell That's ok. I'll know better for next time. I wish I'd noticed it when I first started, though. :yes Live and learn. :shrug

Ok, after looking at the closeups, I can see that I did mine totally in the wrong place. I did mine in the closing stitch rather than the first chain like the pics show. :(:sigh:cry:lol But, I AM NOT tearing it all out. :no I'm almost done. :yell That's ok. I'll know better for next time. I wish I'd noticed it when I first started, though. :yes Live and learn. :shrug

Ok, now I'm debating whether to start over. Should I or shouldn't I? :goodorbad

Is it possible to get it right from this point on? That might be better than starting over.

You are the one who is/is not satisfied with what you have so you have to decide what you need to do. Can you count this a great pet snugglie and start again? maybe ?

:hug:ghug

Thanks so much:hug , I didnt realise she had step by step pics. I must have a look to see where I went wrong.

Oh I think i did mine in the closing stitch as well. Better go and have a look I think and what I might do is keep this one and do just a few more rows and use it as a pet blankie and then start a new one and see how I go.

Yes start over but dont frog the one you did.

From what I can see, not good pics but i am doing it in the right place which is in the finishing stitch. Cherri you think thats not right.

Wendy, I blew yours up and yours looks like it's in the right place. If you blow mine up you'll see that it's wrong.

Well if mine is in the right place why is it still slanting then. :think

I'm clueless. :lol I give up trying to figure this thing out. I'm just gonna finish the one I'm doing and put the whole thing behind me. :lol

Cherri I just looked at Barbaras and she doesnt go through the end stitch either she is in the top somewhere. Im at a loss.

I just blew Barbara's up to 400%. She's doing hers like I'm doing mine! Ok, I may not be wrong after all. :rofl Hers is gorgeous!!! :yes Maybe this blanket just doesn't like us. :rofl This is all your fault for making me do it in the first place. :rofl:yes

I blew up the one that the designer did and she is doing something similiar. This is so annoying.

Hey wait just a minute :rofl you wanted to do it in fact you couldnt wait to start it.:rofl

I want to know what Im doing wrong.

I blew up the one that the designer did and she is doing something similiar. This is so annoying.

Hey wait just a minute :rofl you wanted to do it in fact you couldnt wait to start it.:rofl

I want to know what Im doing wrong.

Now Wendy, if you remember correctly you were doing your "damsel in distress" routine. :rofl:rofl Do I have to find the posts? :rofl

I'm annoyed too. I've never had a problem like this before and it's VERY frustrating. :thair

OK, you guys are too funny as far as who twisted whose arm to start this ghan. I have a feeling not much arm-twisting was needed at all.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, this was just one of those times when I got lucky with good colors in my stash.

Mine is tilting too and I'm not sure if I'm doing it like I'm supposed to or not (I'm stitiching into the closing stitch, not the chain after) The slant doesn't show up too badly on my picture because I tug and pull on it when I lay it out for the photo shoot. I'm just going to keep going as I've been doing. There's NO WAY I'd start over at this point. I'm too slow of a crocheter.

I will get back to this next week. so far, I am not seeing any tilting but I don't know why either. I'm going to have to think about what size I want for this... :think

Archived