Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 2nd Quarter!!

econ-nerd

Almost bought the yarn for the white afghan, the ripple, but I was unsure how much to get. That's the one I meant. I found it on crochet pattern central too at one time, but wasn't sure I could find it again, so thanks for the link. I have printed it and I am going to do it in double crochet. We will see how holey that makes it. I actually found it by search engine earlier too, but I didn't know how to just get a one post thing done. I would have had to print the whole thread if I hadn't gotten the link from you. I seen a pciture of one someone made and it covered a double bed! Is yours that big? I am doing mine in white like the picture, but probably in caron simply soft, eco. That might not be as big that way.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah if you use that yarn it'll probably be thinner. Good luck with the double crochet. Lemme know how it turns out. I think width-wise it might be about the size of a double bed but I'm not sure. For the length, I'm just gonna keep going until I run out of yarn. Haha.

I have had that one tagged for quite a bit now, I dread ripple since my last sc one that took years to complete but with the double strand and the large hook.....mmmmm

Please keep us updated!!

I loved last quarter's CAL...it kept me on track. Here is this quarter's:

1. Slippers for my daughter's birthday April 7th Done!!

2. checkerboard or toss game for eldest grandson's birthday April 30 Done!

3. Stuffed animal for baby shower in May done!

4. Finish baby afghan from last quarter 8 squares done.

5. Valknut filet piece for my husband for our anniversary June 21st. Done!

6. Finish rune sampler

7. Finish Broomstick lace shawl for Jennifer started in class.

8. make coasters for swap Done!

9. get hair scrunchies for granddaughters - 4 each to start

10. Keep going with dishcloth/coaster/potholders for daughters/step daughters New cotton yarn arrived to make what is needed.

11. bday gift for one of the granddaughter's-bday june 21

12. French Maid Dress liquid dish soap cover

13. Dishcloth for swap on Ravelry done!

adding:

14. wedding glass covers - due 5/23 done!

Updated list...got the flutes done and wall banner for my hubby. :yay Guess I'll start on the granddaughter's Bday gift next. I'm thinking about a Care Bear, possibly. :crocheting

post-25291-135897403792_thumb.jpg

post-25291-135897403793_thumb.jpg

I have started the ripple in double crochet. It's looking good, if a bit holey, but it's ok. I am using coconut color of simply soft brights. Thats probably why it's so holey. It's on row five and I have just been doing it in spurts.It grows fast with the big hook. It would be better in regular worsted weight. Or three strands. But I am going to continue this way, It is very pretty. I didn't like the single crochet. The lady who wrote the pattern said she did it in two days, but I think she must have crocheted for every second she was awake. I have till July. I don't know how many rows it will be so I can't figure out how many rows I need to do each day to get it done.

I am going to concentrate on just this afghan to get it done by the deadline untill it drives me crazy. Then fall back to my other afghans. Three afghans at the same time, what was I thinking!

Alrighty I forgot to update this past month. But I found the new thread & here is what I want to do.

1. Baby blanket (for my moms friend) DONE!!

2. Scrappy Doo pet blanket for the local humane society DONE!!

3. HIV/AIDS Awareness lapghan

Not a lot but I also hope to get these done in May.

I finished 2 projects & they are attatched.

post-19342-135897403805_thumb.jpg

post-19342-135897403802_thumb.jpg

I finished 2 projects & they are attatched.

[ATTACH]1022[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1023[/ATTACH]

Very cute! I like both of those. The dog blanket is adorable. Love the colors.

I have started the ripple in double crochet. It's looking good, if a bit holey, but it's ok. I am using coconut color of simply soft brights. Thats probably why it's so holey. It's on row five and I have just been doing it in spurts.It grows fast with the big hook. It would be better in regular worsted weight. Or three strands. But I am going to continue this way, It is very pretty. I didn't like the single crochet. The lady who wrote the pattern said she did it in two days, but I think she must have crocheted for every second she was awake. I have till July. I don't know how many rows it will be so I can't figure out how many rows I need to do each day to get it done.

I am going to concentrate on just this afghan to get it done by the deadline untill it drives me crazy. Then fall back to my other afghans. Three afghans at the same time, what was I thinking!

Yeah I definatly wondered how the heck she got it done so quickly. You should post a picture of what it looks like so far. I'd be interested in seeing how it looks with your yarn and the dc. Good luck with your other two 'ghans though!

And to avoid having ANOTHER post... I finished my cut away cardi!

MyCreations001-2.jpg

And here's a picture of what I have done so far with my wedding afghan.

MyCreations002-1.jpg

Beautiful you two! I love your work. I have done 11 rows on the afghan so far. I will try to post a picture. I have used the first two skeins of yarn, which is almost 11 rows worth. Wedensday I get more yarn! I am trying to get five rows a day done but I am not doing well today on that.

1. make a wrap for myself
  2. make a lamb for my youngest for her birthday which is May 19th
  3. make a poncho for my oldest daughter her birthday is May 11th Finished May 11th
  4. make something for my middle daughter which her birthday is June 20th make her bear since she wants a bear done in soft sage and yellow yarn
  5. make my sister 12 dishcloths for her birthday (almost to that goal I have 9 made for her for her birthday 3 more to go) Finished April 14th
  6. make an ami pig for my friend's birthday which is Aug 2nd
  7. make a shawl for my friend's mom which is Sept 2nd
  8. try to make my dad a hat for his birthday Oct 14th so I have time
  9. learn how to do a cluster stitch
  10. work on ehdc swatch Finished April 23rd

1. make a wrap for myself Finished May 18th
  2. make a lamb for my youngest for her birthday which is May 19th Finished May 12th
  3. make a poncho for my oldest daughter her birthday is May 11th Finished May 11th
  4. make something for my middle daughter which her birthday is June 20th make her bear since she wants a bear done in soft sage and yellow yarn
  5. make my sister 12 dishcloths for her birthday (almost to that goal I have 9 made for her for her birthday 3 more to go) Finished April 14th
  6. make an ami pig for my friend's birthday which is Aug 2nd
  7. make some dishcloths for my friend's mom which is Sept 2nd
  8. try to make my dad a hat for his birthday Oct 14th so I have time
  9. learn how to do a cluster stitch
  10. work on ehdc swatch Finished April 23rd

ohh i think i didn`t finish all my first quarter stuff (not all of them i finished some)

because i was toooooo busy studying and beeing in the college until 4am daily :(

but my goal to finisg DH an DD RR`s then i`ll do small stuff untill i finish all of my stash i rell want it to be done :yes

hope this time it`s gonna work

i finished my sisters stuff in the 1st quarter

I loved last quarter's CAL...it kept me on track. Here is this quarter's:

1. Slippers for my daughter's birthday April 7th Done!!

2. checkerboard or toss game for eldest grandson's birthday April 30 Done!

3. Stuffed animal for baby shower in May done!

4. Finish baby afghan from last quarter 8 squares done.

5. Valknut filet piece for my husband for our anniversary June 21st. Done!

6. Finish rune sampler putting this off till next quarter

7. Finish Broomstick lace shawl for Jennifer started in class. putting this off till next quarter

8. make coasters for swap Done!

9. get hair scrunchies for granddaughters - 4 each to start putting this off till next quarter

10. Keep going with dishcloth/coaster/potholders for daughters/step daughters New cotton yarn arrived to make what is needed.

11. bday gift for one of the granddaughter's-bday june 21 started 5/11

12. French Maid Dress liquid dish soap cover putting this off till next quarter, too.

13. Dishcloth for swap on Ravelry done!

adding:

14. wedding glass covers - due 5/23 done!

15. Have to get Paradise skirt and tank top done for Croning 7/18 - thread should arrive 5/18

16. Hat and swing top for youngest granddaughter. Daughter is getting impatient. :lol

Alright...updated the list. Had to remove a couple of items till next quarter because of what was added to the list.

The lamb is soo cute and the green hat and scarf are a very pretty color! I've been slacking pretty bad, but I started on my boy charity blanket. Still working on my wedding afghan and I picked up my round rippled for the first time in months. So I'm still movin!

yeah next month I'll be piecing my middle daughter's bear now I'm working on a wrap for myself making it out of Bernat's Cashmere got it for $0.99 at Michael's and then somewhere on the forum someone said it was going to be discontinued and I looked it up on Bernat's website and sure enough it is I may not be rich but I can look it a girl can dream can't she?

You go through patterns online or books and think about all the things you wanna make... and then you sit down and FORCE yourself to do it! haha. I like to watch tv or movies while I work on them. But that's just me:D I have to force myself to work on my wedding afghan in such a way.

Nikki, what color are you doing the wedding ripple in? It looks like white and green but I am not sure. I have done almost another 4 skeins of yarn now I just got the new skeins last night, so I did alot of work on it between today and yesterday. It is looking good, I will try to get a picture. Haven't worked on the other projects yet, trying to get this done first. I am ready to do another one in the yarn it called for but I don't know what color and who to make it for.

I don't think I could EVER make myself do another one of these. I'm seriously lacking the motivation to finish it. Kudos to you though if you decide to make another! Send me some of that motivation.

But yes, mine is green and white held together. I've always liked the way it looks when you do that with the N hook, with the two colors. I wanted to go for some neutral, contemporary colors so that it MIGHT match my cousin's house and decor.

Here's my list.

1) Finish "n-hook ripple afghan" for my cousin's wedding. **New Deadline.... two weeks! Bridge and Groom are on honeymoon**

2) Retry cowgirl tank top

3) Finish my round ripple

4) Pink & White baby blanket for charity at local hospital

5) Blue & White baby blanket for charity at local hospital

6) Beach wrap in time for summer!

7) Impromptu wrist warmers

8) Cut Away Cardi CAL

I don't have a picture of the finished baby blanket yet, but I'll get that up soon. I'm also attempting to make a little hat out of the left over yarn. We'll see how it goes. hehe.

Archived