Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 2nd Quarter!!

econ-nerd

OK I did another row of white on the preschool blanket (each 'row' of color is actually two rows of shells).

Now I have been invited to a baby shower in three weeks!!!!

Has anyone made the fuzzy bunny blanket from lionbrand's site?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my list.

1) Finish "n-hook ripple afghan" for my cousin's wedding.

2) Retry cowgirl tank top

3) Finish my round ripple

4) Pink & White baby blanket for charity at local hospital

5) Blue & White baby blanket for charity at local hospital

6) Beach wrap in time for summer!

7) Impromptu wrist warmers

8) Cut Away Cardi CAL

I decided last night I was done with the n hook ripple. I didn't use all the yarn I had originally planned to use, but I think it'll be alright. It'll be warm enough to use as a lap blanket on those "cold" California nights. Hopefully it'll make a nice addition to my cousin and his wife's home. :-)

Here's some pictures I tried to take. In the second one, that's my niece, Kiya, trying to help model the afghan. :D

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/celenky/Finished%20Items/0031.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/celenky/Finished%20Items/0033.jpg

She's cute. So is the afghan. It will be a nice lap blanket. I am still plugging away at mine, I beleieve I am close to the middle. Still trying to get a picture before my daughter leaves tomarro with the computer.

Lea, I had a laugh at that last post, why indeed do we do this to ourselves? I have a bit longer, untill july, but motivation to do it is lagging. After powering through the last two skeins, it's taken me forever to get these skeins gone. I need another hour long road trip and a trip to the restaurant, that's how I got those skeins done, alot of visiting with my hook and yarn with me. Or a movie that I can crochet to.

I love the brightness!! I so can't believe you finished everything on your list!!! How can you be so organized? I have so many things popping up say "me next? me next?"

I finally finished my purple rectangle and my soft green and white granny for my nursing home this week. I am trying to find a decent hat and scarf pattern that would be easy enough to teach to someone....blah! I have done so much ripping it's crazy!

I finished the two skeins of yarn on the wedding ripple on the way to the zoo for work, nice life huh? Get to get paid for going to the zoo! I did have to push a large wheelchair around though, so I got my moneys worth. It is about square now. It's so wide I thought about finishing it off and telling the bride to turn it on it's side and that's the way it goes, I am tired of it. Pretty red afghan, Jessica!

Ok I realize that the quarter is almost done but I am going to go ahead and list what I believe I can get done in a month.

2nd Quarter:

1. 2009 Weightloss Afghan Cal: Make a Joyful Noise (Will be working on till at least Dec.

2. Football afghan

3. Sampler

4. Start Skull Afghan

5. Cross stitch cowboy

6. 3 hair kerchiefs

It is about square now. It's so wide I thought about finishing it off and telling the bride to turn it on it's side and that's the way it goes, I am tired of it.

I know how you feel. Haha.

Wow that's cute! Nice job on the felting. :clapDefiantly haven't tried doing that yet. I like.

----

Here's a picture of my charity baby blanket:http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/celenky/Finished%20Items/GirlsBabyblanket2.jpg

Brain Slug: http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/celenky/Finished%20Items/brainslug.jpg

Hippie Belt: http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss188/celenky/Finished%20Items/hippiebelt.jpg

PS... how come I don't have the option to just insert the picture into my post? I don't get it.

Suzy love the bag. Great work, Nickie. I plan on taking my afghan to work tonight, third shift has alot of down time in it. First time working third shift awake shift in a long time, I was very sleepy and reading wasn't cutting it. I could not stay awake because I thought it was next week I started thirds and I took my sleeping pills. OOps! Crochet will keep me awake I hope. Then I can finish my afghan. Thank God the weekend is second shifts. Have fun crocheting everyone!

1. make a wrap for myself Finished May 18th
  2. make a lamb for my youngest for her birthday which is May 19th Finished May 12th
  3. make a poncho for my oldest daughter her birthday is May 11th Finished May 11th
  4. make something for my middle daughter which her birthday is June 20th make her bear since she wants a bear done in soft sage and yellow yarn Finished June 5th

5. make my sister 12 dishcloths for her birthday (almost to that goal I have 9 made for her for her birthday 3 more to go) Finished April 14th
  6. make an ami pig for my friend's birthday which is Aug 2nd
  7. make some dishcloths for my friend's mom which is Sept 2nd
  8. try to make my dad a hat for his birthday Oct 14th so I have time
  9. learn how to do a cluster stitch
  10. work on ehdc swatch Finished April 23rd

Ok I updated my list I finished the bear tonight will post the picture tomorrow

Wow it's been too long since I updated this. :blush I did get 2 finishes though. :D

1. Gingerbread people doily done

2. 10 donut pin cushions for my Mom. Done

3. Finish off my Tunnisian blocks for a lapghan. 67% done

4. Geo shades quilt 45% done

5. Finish Pinwheel quilt for DD 45/54 blocks done and then the border.

6. Double Wedding ring quilt 5% done

7. Kaleidoscope 80% done

8. 99 granny squares to crochet. 18 / 99

9. Learn to knit squares 8/63

I finished my doily and the 10 doughnut pincushions.

I got 5 more squares done in the 99 granny squares and am close to finishing my Kaleidoscope ghan now.

I finished another two skiens on the afghan and now I am on my last two skeins that are two extra skiens than the pattern called for but it's not long enough. Stiil thinking of telling her to turn it sideways,lol. I think I am done after these two skeins. It covers me from head to my neck but it's short on the bed.

Here is a market bag I made for our upcoming Disney trip (or as my friend calls it - paying homage to the Rat).

I chose Mickey colors of red, gold, and black.

The pattern is from Lily.

post-23494-135897416031_thumb.jpg

Here is a market bag I made for our upcoming Disney trip (or as my friend calls it - paying homage to the Rat).

I chose Mickey colors of red, gold, and black.

The pattern is from Lily.

That is so cute have fun at Disney World that is so cute

Love the bag. It's very colorful and I think it's a neat idea to do it in Micky colors for your trip, Ratdog. Still plugging away at the afghan. If we go to Tennessee on the fourth, I can get alot of crocheting done in the car.

This quarter is almost over! I haven't finished any more projects from my list, but I've been on a headband making stint the last week or so. Now when I wear them, my sister's fiance says I look like a hippie. Haha. But I like them. haha.

Hope everyone else is doing well. It's hooott up here in Michigan.

Archived