Bookmarks

crosette

These are my first thread FOs. I finished crocheting them a while ago but put off weaving the ends b/c I highly dislike weaving ends. They were really easy and quick to crochet but, just as I thought, the end weaving was the worst part! My fingers hurt! :(

This Victorian Ribbon and Lace Bookmark I made using Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread (size 10) in (I think) Shaded Blues.

th_BlueBkmk.jpg

th_BlueBkmkCloseup.jpg

The pattern for this one is from here. I made it using Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread (size 10) in Pastels.

th_MultiBkmk.jpg

th_MultiBkmkCloseup.jpg

(clickable pics :D)

I forgot...Anyone know how to cut ribbon without it looking like this?

th_fraying.jpg

Not pretty. :blush

They are very pretty, Crosette! I can't help you with the ribbon problem tho. I didn't do one of those types of bookmarks because I didn't know how to stop the ribbon from fraying.

Try just a touch of clear nail polish on the ribbon ends.

BTW, just love the colors you used.

Those are great!

I would maybe try (on a different piece of the same ribbon) to melt the end with a lighter or iron. Looks synthetic so it should melt and that way it'll look nice and last a long time even with use.

nice looking bookmarks. Congrats.

I put some FrayCheck on part of the ribbon, and THEN cut it through the FrayCheck before it dries. Seems to hold up well, that and really sharp scissors. :eek

I love to make small things! THose are beautiful! Wish I could do that!!! Thread is not my friend....lol

Y'all were right!!! It was my crappy scissors! :eek

There's this little fabric store I go to sometimes b/c she has a (very little) wall of yarn (mostly RHSS which I love b/c it's cheap :P). Anyway, I went there yesterday and was looking at the yarn and remembered my ribbon issue. I asked her how she cuts ribbon w/o it getting all yucky. She showed me how she....just cuts it. I told her that when I cut it it doesn't happen that way so she went and got a really old-looking pair of scissors and showed me how.....it got yucky! So....long story short (um...or not :lol) I bought some scissors from her. :D

Ok so...y'all know what the before looked like....look at the after:

th_straightribbon.jpg

It's straight and...not yucky! :yay

I can't get fray check around here and I'm too chicken to try melting it. :P So...I'll probably put some clear polish on it...I know there must be some hanging around here somewhere. :think

Archived