Your favorite "theme"

what is your favorite "theme" (style)  

57 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favorite "theme" (style)

• country/floral/garden
    • plain and simple
    • modern/gometric
    • character related (movie/cartoon)
    • sports/military
    • celestial/angelic
    • animals/pets

Do you have a favorite theme for afghans or larger items that you create? Do you prefer colors over textures, or vice-versa?

I like solid colors for textured items, and multi colored for plainer stitched items.

Most of my life I have been a flower or garden/country person. Recently I have been leaning towards geometrics or modern.

I do like cats, but it would have to be something that really caught my eye.

Some folks like sports themes, cars, angels, baby, or character related projects.

What is your favorite, and why?

I voted for modern/geometric. That could mean lots of different looks I think; from wild Pucci prints to something like the Prairie style. Both appeal to me. I keep thinking about how fun freeform could be (I have some gorgeous co-ordinating yarns of various textures in my stash set aside for the day I bravely take up my hook and scrumble away.) I also love the Crochet Dude's Prarie Afghan and the look of the Babette blanket. Of course I love all different aesthetics, but when I am working, lately, these are the patterns and looks that draw me in the most.

I voted for country. I haven't made a lot of afghans but the last few I have done were a floral granny square, a sun square & a Native American design. I would categorize all those as country. I'm also a country girl so that's probably why I pick country afghans.

I tend to keep things plain and simple :)

Solid colour yarns being my favourite, I do use vari-coloured yarns but prefer them for knitted items, I think you lose a lot of the stitch definition when you crochet with those multicolour yarns.

I prefer pineapples, then almost everything. Over the years I have made elaborate and simple things. I love roses and pineapples....I have made several afghans with roses and pineapples for gifts. I guess I love them all. When I started to crochet it was realy popular and all of the Women's magazines had patterns in them monthly. Crocheting can almost be a serious addiction. But it is wonderful fun.

I haven't chosen anything yet because i am not sure what my choice would be called.

I like to make ghans with squares but I like textural interest in those squares. There are very few styles I don't like but as to what I make... well simple but interesting is about it.

Did anyone see that floral/gingham afghan at Annies the other day:? I so want to make that one... :dreaming

I marked plain and simple because I do a lot of single crochet work. I like seeing the rows of stitches. Although I sometimes embelish by adding hearts or flowers, or do stripes, I rarely overdo it. I truly like to see the stitches marching by, row upon row, all nice and even.

I tend to look at the stitch pattern first and fill in the colors that I like. I voted plain and simple because of this. Nothing else really fit my preferences. My last two blankets were geometric (big squares), and I'm working on a sampler square afghan right now. I've made ripples in the past and even pinwheels, so I prefer the stitch pattern to make the theme, rather than fancy stuff. Does that make sense? I'm actually finding it harder to explain this than I thought.

I haven't chosen anything yet because i am not sure what my choice would be called.

I like to make ghans with squares but I like textural interest in those squares. There are very few styles I don't like but as to what I make... well simple but interesting is about it.

Did anyone see that floral/gingham afghan at Annies the other day:? I so want to make that one... :dreaming

Yes and I do like it alot, maybe when I am caught up on wips and feeling better.

I would have to say none of the above. I tend to like more victorian type designs. I love lace in all it's forms.

Oh Kathy, I do apologize. I never thought of Lacey, since I only make small stuff like doilies or snowflakes that is really lacey. Thank you for the reminder, as I am sure there are plenty folks out there doing bedspreads, curtains, tablecloths etc...

None and all of the above. I didn't vote because I crochet what's needed, wanted or whatever mood strikes me.

I can understand that totally. I think my work runs in cycles, because I may be looking for a certain type of pattern, and wind up finding several, so I sort of get stuck in a particular style or "theme". Then I get bored with it after making a bunch, and wind up moving to another theme. When making for myself I prefer country/flowery for the bedroom and den, but more modern/geometric for the livingroom. The kitchen sort of switches with the seasons, but is mostly country.

Plain and simple would best describe my theme, I do like teddy bears ...love the bears in my window afghan. But most of the time it is plain and simple..like me!!

Archived