graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

:waving Hi all. I believe normal life is resuming! I WILL finish my sweater this weekend!! Next time I am in town HoneyDew you will have to come with me to visit Bill's grave. Then I will show you the variety store.... it really is awesome!! I will hop back on a little later, just wanted y'all to know I was here

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi everyone. Would it be okay for me to join in this late in the game?

I have a graph'ghan I started on Monday that I am determine to get done in a timely manner so that I can make more. I want to give afghans for Christmas gifts this year. Some of them graph'ghans. I thought if it would be okay to join in here.. you all could help keep me on track?!

:heart

:mug

Jump in!!!!

:hi everyone. Would it be okay for me to join in this late in the game?

I have a graph'ghan I started on Monday that I am determine to get done in a timely manner so that I can make more. I want to give afghans for Christmas gifts this year. Some of them graph'ghans. I thought if it would be okay to join in here.. you all could help keep me on track?!

Jump in!!!!

:yayThanks so much!!!

I am on row 50 as of yesterday. I am 1 day ahead of schedule right now. If I can get 10 rows on today... I'll stay ahead and be very happy!!

hmmm... maybe I'll post a pic later...... :hook

well.. I havent put the 10 rows on that I wanted to.... YET today. Got caught up in charity stuff. But the night is still young... :hook Thank you for the boost though... I can do it.. I can do it.......... :whew

This is what the 'ghan looks like so far. (50 rows) Its a Chicago Cubs 'ghan.

DCP03021.jpg

That's what mine looked like yesterday before I was able to add some more rows to it. It's more fun when we see the design begin to show, isn't it?

Oh... are you making a Cubs'ghan too? :hook

I'm excited to see the design finally show up too.

I am still ahead of schedule... added my 10 rows yesterday.

I'm on 60 of 210 now.... :whew

DCP03050.jpg

I am way behind too, too much other stuff getting in the way. I will do more tomarro or today. Welcome to the new comers, Everyone feel free to join in at any time, I will be here for awhile because I am not as good as others and it takes me longer to get through a row. I am not as dedicated as ten rows a day either, good for you teakayce. Hi to you again.

Christie that would be great, I haven't been to the grave site yet that I remember, we can bring flowers if you want. I would love to see you soon. I am glad your back and I hope your mom is doing better.

I have my camera now, now to take pictures of my progress or lack of soon. I still need my daughters help to do it. Now to find the camera cord.

:)Hi girls! Hope everyone is well! DH came home Thursday nite and we have been running until today. He woke up sick! Decided I could take a few and pop in! ;)

No, I'm making a wedding ghan and it's 170 rows...of which I've done 55:lol

It's simple color changes, though, so when I DO take the time to work on it it goes fast...now I'm starting the names and the date section.

The wedding isn't for 3 months yet and I've made lots of these, many more complicted. This one is almost too easy, except for all the counting:P

Judianne-maybe you can help me? I'm fixing to start a graph ghan-but I don't have a graph. I want white background but my DIL wants a BIG monogram "L" in the middle. How do I decide how many chain to start out with and all that. I can easily find some cross-stitch graphs ( from when I used to do that), but will that work out right (size wise) for my afghan? Thanks.

Anyway, hope ya'll have a happy :crocheting day. Looks like I might have to work hard just to squeeze in a little bit tonite. Have started on the Lacy White MAM for my MIL. Working on 3rd panel now.

I am way behind too, too much other stuff getting in the way. I will do more tomarro or today. Welcome to the new comers, Everyone feel free to join in at any time, I will be here for awhile because I am not as good as others and it takes me longer to get through a row. I am not as dedicated as ten rows a day either, good for you teakayce. Hi to you again.

Christie that would be great, I haven't been to the grave site yet that I remember, we can bring flowers if you want. I would love to see you soon. I am glad your back and I hope your mom is doing better.

I have my camera now, now to take pictures of my progress or lack of soon. I still need my daughters help to do it. Now to find the camera cord.

Thanks for the welcome back and the encouragement!!! :hug I'm workin' hard to stay on schedule!

No, I'm making a wedding ghan and it's 170 rows...of which I've done 55:lol

It's simple color changes, though, so when I DO take the time to work on it it goes fast...now I'm starting the names and the date section.

The wedding isn't for 3 months yet and I've made lots of these, many more complicted. This one is almost too easy, except for all the counting:P

oh... wedding 'ghan............ Cool! cant wait to see pics when you're done!!!

I'm not sure what Graph'ghan I'm going to do next.

I was thinking of a ghan for one of my boys.. or one of my grandbabies... hmmmmm?

How do cross stitch patterns work for you ladies in turning them into afghans. Each square being a sc ... I get.. what do you do about the half stitches?

Tam, I either ignore the half stitches or fill them in with embroidery when I'm done. I do that anyway when I want to fill in an area that looks a little thin.

hmmm... okay... I think I may just give a shot at a Graph'ghan using one of my cross stitch patterns. Thanks hon!!!

To make a generous sized ghan I'd make 151 chains with an I hook and WW yarn. I like cross stitch patterns for these, too...but I'd still use a sheet of graph paper for a working copy. Then you just have to figure your center: with a cross st L decide how many sc stitches each box in the graph needs to be for it to be big enough for the ghan. Then, like cross st, decide where the center will be with 150 sc and about 180 (maybe 10 more? There is a proportion for this) rows and figure out how many rows you have to go before even beginning the L. It's all math - which I got headaches over, with some of the patterns I designed.

I hope this makes sense...:P

Thanks so much Judy!!:) This broke it on down for me and now at least I know where to start! :lol I had never even thought of something as simple as a cross-stitch square being more than 1 stitch for crochet. Again,:ty

Hi everyone, I finally got back to my graph ghan. I have been busy with a swap, just finished. Judy, I can't wait to see your new blanket. Did you ever finish the pet one? Teakaycee, your blanket looks great. I think I need to try and do 10 rows a day. Michelle, good luck on starting a graph ghan, they are so fun and can be frustrating. But, everyone here is so helpful. I hope to get some pics in the next couple of days, once I get some more rows done. :cheer

Hi everyone, I finally got back to my graph ghan. I have been busy with a swap, just finished. Judy, I can't wait to see your new blanket. Did you ever finish the pet one? Teakaycee, your blanket looks great. I think I need to try and do 10 rows a day. Michelle, good luck on starting a graph ghan, they are so fun and can be frustrating. But, everyone here is so helpful. I hope to get some pics in the next couple of days, once I get some more rows done. :cheer

:) Thank you!!

here is a pic of where I am so far. Still got a lot to do. Does not have to be done for a month or so though.

I had planned on laying it out in the yard, but, it had rained so I tried to get it fit on the front walk. Didn't fit very well and I was afraid that it would get muddy so I scrunched it up a bit.

100_0847.jpg

here is a pic of where I am so far. Still got a lot to do. Does not have to be done for a month or so though.

I had planned on laying it out in the yard, but, it had rained so I tried to get it fit on the front walk. Didn't fit very well and I was afraid that it would get muddy so I scrunched it up a bit.

100_0847.jpg

:clapI am in awe!! Wonderful!

LOL!! Thank you!! I absolutely love doing graph ghans!!! being an Iowa Hawkeye fan this ghan is very difficult to do!!!LOL I think at one point in time I had 35 balls of yarn going!!LOL I don't know if that is the most I have ever had going or not!!LOL

:clapI am in awe!! Wonderful!

I just discovered this thread and read it all! I have wanted to do a graph ghan of my avatar for awhile. I have some WIP's to finish up and will jump in later if I may. I will probably do some squares as practice prior to doing the avatar one.

Nan

I just discovered this thread and read it all! I have wanted to do a graph ghan of my avatar for awhile. I have some WIP's to finish up and will jump in later if I may. I will probably do some squares as practice prior to doing the avatar one.

Nan

Wow, can't wait to see this one. I want to do a photograph ghan too but am nervous about it. I'll be starting my graphghan this weekend, I think

Joyce

I will be watching for this one!!!

Nan

Diane that looks great, great job so far. Welcome to the newbies, can't wait to see your projects. I seen one of the picture ones in the charity thread, A pillow of John Travolta's son, Jet. It looked great. It looks hard to do. I wish you luck.

Thanks. Have not done much more on it since I took that picture!!!LOL

Diane that looks great, great job so far. Welcome to the newbies, can't wait to see your projects. I seen one of the picture ones in the charity thread, A pillow of John Travolta's son, Jet. It looked great. It looks hard to do. I wish you luck.

Archived