graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

:hi everyone. Would it be okay for me to join in this late in the game?

I have a graph'ghan I started on Monday that I am determine to get done in a timely manner so that I can make more. I want to give afghans for Christmas gifts this year. Some of them graph'ghans. I thought if it would be okay to join in here.. you all could help keep me on track?!

:heart

:mug

Of course you can!!

here is a pic of where I am so far. Still got a lot to do. Does not have to be done for a month or so though.

I had planned on laying it out in the yard, but, it had rained so I tried to get it fit on the front walk. Didn't fit very well and I was afraid that it would get muddy so I scrunched it up a bit.

100_0847.jpg

That looks awesome!!

I just discovered this thread and read it all! I have wanted to do a graph ghan of my avatar for awhile. I have some WIP's to finish up and will jump in later if I may. I will probably do some squares as practice prior to doing the avatar one.

Nan

Very pretty young lady! That will look awesome on a graphghan.

I have not finished my sweater yet. But.... my mom passed on the 24th and things have just been, well, not right.

Now my doggie is dying and my computer got a virus and is in the repair shop!

HoneyDew, I will try to call you later tonight! :hug

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry about your mom, sweetie, I wish I could be with you. I hope the dog isn't my favorite one. I like that little doggie. I am sorry everything seems to go wrong all at the same time. Auntie nan I hope you do the pattern soon so we can see it.How do you get all the different shades to go in the picture patterns? I need to start on mine again. Sorry I have been away, work and the kids keeping me from the computer, and it's not my computer so I can't kick them off,lol.

worked a few more rows. I really need to get this one done so that I can move on to baby blankets!! My son's new girlfriend was here last night and she was drolling over my stash!!!LOL She said as soon as they get settled someplace that she wants to start to crochet again. (hope that she was not just trying to suck up to mom here!!!)

:sunGood Morning. I sewed the shoulders together on my sweater and finished the neckband. Today I plan to do the sleeves and finish sewing the sides and I will be done :clap

Hi.... I finished my sweater!! :clap Here is a photo th_fafghan001.jpg Tomorrow I will try to get a picture of my granddaughter in it.

Very nice christie! Love it! I can't wait to see your granddaughter in it. I did a few more rows then put it aside again things have been real crazy around here with my autistic son. He is destroying the house, so I am busy trying to keep him from doing so. Everyone keep working along! Beautiful may!

May.... hopefully you will share a photo with us! And you could always start a new one :)

HoneyDew, I hope Bobby is going to be ok, how is it going today?

Hi,

After following this thread for a while I decided to bite the bullet and try a graphghan. I've been crocheting since I was 8 (46 now) and I needed a new challenge. I'm making this for my daughter who is going to college in the fall. She's very excited. Here's a link to the photos. There are 6. I'm alittle farther along now and will post updated photos tomorrow. Thanks to everyone here because all the suggestions and tips really helped.

http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/lawflunkie/

Love the sweater!!!

Hi.... I finished my sweater!! :clap Here is a photo th_fafghan001.jpg Tomorrow I will try to get a picture of my granddaughter in it.

I really like this one also!! Good job both of you!!!

just realized that there is a thread like this , if i had realized i would have joined earlier but i have just finished my black lab ,it was a free online chart by maria merlino .

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z129/pepiv8/P1050349.jpg

Very good job!:clap

Cute ghan!!:cheer

The pic is at the bottom of her note...I almost missed it!

Thanks Judy, I looked at it now. I love that ghan!

Hi,

After following this thread for a while I decided to bite the bullet and try a graphghan. I've been crocheting since I was 8 (46 now) and I needed a new challenge. I'm making this for my daughter who is going to college in the fall. She's very excited. Here's a link to the photos. There are 6. I'm alittle farther along now and will post updated photos tomorrow. Thanks to everyone here because all the suggestions and tips really helped.

Nikki, that AWESOME! I wish I could do that! :)

Hi! I am going to make a graphghan of my father's race car for Christmas. I have never made one before so I had a few questions to help decide which way I go. I think it will only have 4 maybe 5 colors in it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Would it be easier to do it all sc or to learn how to do Tunisian? Ease of making the stitches, turning over vs just going back and forth, either one look better than the other, easier to change colors with one over the other?

I think I have the concept of having all the bobbins for each color change, but without having done it it may be confusing once I start. I saw the trick about the laundry basket and that seems helpful.

Which one looks better from the back? With only 3 or 4 car colors and 1 background color I don't think I'll have too many ends, but who knows once I get to details like the windows, side mirrors, etc. I really want the back to look nice as well.

I just got the Carebears book that does the cross stitching on the sc afghan background. I think I will try to make one for my daughter and do it as a graphghan not cross stitch to get a feel for it. Then it may be easier for me to do a more detailed one.

I think I am going to order the PC Stitch program to make my own graphs. Anyone have it or have any opinions about it?

Thanks so much for any help!!

Well, I'm back. I finished my first swap, it was so much fun. I finished a couple of rows on my Harley blanket last night. I have decided to play with the graph a little, so I don't get as many jagged edges on the curves. I'll just fill in on the bottom of the flame that I already finished. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Christy: Your sweater turned out fantastic. The model is tooo cute.

Judy: How is your wedding ghan coming along? Took my gsd for a check up, he is 10months and now weighs 95lbs. We are working on our recall, since he can't go in the fenced backyard. We are re seeding. Doing very well.

Alchemyfyr: There are some great graphs online. But, you can try

www.microrevolt.org/knitPro.htm to make your own patterns from a photo. I have done a few graphs through them. They came out great.

Hope we all can get back to our ghans soon.

Happy crocheting

Judy, I hope she is alright. My step daughter has been taking her gsd to the vet. She is very thin, and doesn't want to eat. They keep changing her food, she'll like it for a couple of days and then she refuses it. Ceasar is a big baby with the family, so far with everyone. But, he is attached to my hip. I can't be out of his site.

Make sure to post pics of your dh's finished ghan. I'm still working on the jagged edges, but I'll fill them in. I can't figure out why I get those and other people don't. I know the bottom of the flame is curved, but everyone else's look so much neater. I'll keep trying though. :think

I hope your Susie gets feeling better. My dd dog just started with this. She has always been on the small side. I don't think she got her from a good breeder. But, she was always an outside dog, and now they brought her in (about 2 months ago). That's really the only change. She's left alone more now, they really didn't need to get a dog. But, that's just mom's opinion, lol.

Well, I hope to work some more on my graph tonight. I can't wait to see your finished blanket. I got that gsd pattern. I'm going to try and work on it this year, sometime. Along with my many wips.

This is coming along nicely!!!

Hi,

The sweater and your granddaughter are very loverly!!!!!! Good job:c9

Here it is on my granddaughter Devon! :clap

th_devsweater.jpg

Here is a pic of my Harley blanket. I have only done a couple of rows lately. But, now I'm back to working on it. This is the beginning of the flames.

th_011.jpg

th_014.jpg

Well, I'm back. I finished my first swap, it was so much fun. I finished a couple of rows on my Harley blanket last night. I have decided to play with the graph a little, so I don't get as many jagged edges on the curves. I'll just fill in on the bottom of the flame that I already finished. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Christy: Your sweater turned out fantastic. The model is tooo cute.

Judy: How is your wedding ghan coming along? Took my gsd for a check up, he is 10months and now weighs 95lbs. We are working on our recall, since he can't go in the fenced backyard. We are re seeding. Doing very well.

Alchemyfyr: There are some great graphs online. But, you can try

www.microrevolt.org/knitPro.htm to make your own patterns from a photo. I have done a few graphs through them. They came out great.

Hope we all can get back to our ghans soon.

Happy crocheting

Thanks. Now I know I can do the graph thing, I will be ordering a couple patterns of SpongeBob this weekend. for my grandsons in Illinois. They are ga ga over SpongeBob! And I have a football one I want to do for my son and an elephant for my sister. :eek Where am I gonna find all that time and yarn money? LOL

This is coming along nicely!!!

The sweater and your granddaughter are very loverly!!!!!! Good job:c9

Thanks, she was a little camera ham!

Your GD looked great in her sweater, Christie. I pm'd you about Bobby, I am pretty fed up.

Everyones work looks great. I wish I could get fired up about mine but I am frustrated. It doesn't look good. It has alot of jagged edges.

Archived