graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, those blankets are awsome. You do really great work. Are they all sc stitches or tunsian?

Christi, I can't wait to see your sweater. Are you going to do a blanket after that?

How is everyone else coming along. I hope to finish the black rows tonight and start the color change tomorrow. But, I have one kid sleeping over at a friends and one I have to pick up from Columbus. Hope to get some crocheting done.

Judy those are beuatiful. I like the one with your name on it. Is it brown and pink? Hi Christy! Are you going to call me again? I will try to talk to you. Everyone is doing a good job, keep it up, we are getting there by inches. Twenty five rows is alot of rows. I should have measured out mine to see how many rows more I needed but I will add on after it's done with a border of some sort. I figured rows of stripes with each color should be nice. I wish I could give advise on letters because then mine would look better. I don't know what happened but at least one of my O's has blue showing through and I did a seperate bobbin so it shouldn't. Maybe I should have done two rows of white for the bottom. Or done it in half double crochet. My post it's got skweejawed, so I was working on the wrong row for awhile till I got to a letter that it made a difference on then I caught it, thank goodness it worked out ok. It was where I changed pages on the graph. You really got to watch closely and look at the forest instead of just the trees, I guess that's my big nugget of advise. Might have to break down and get a magnet board after all, but I am a cheapy and they cost about ten dollars here, then I have to get the magnets. But since I am making three maybe the investment would be worthwhile. It's hard to get it all lined up just right. Well, I worked on it a bit while supper cooked but I need to work on another project for another cal now.

Thanks for the advise. I think I might not have been taught enough, because I am not normally carrying colors, at least there I didn't. I did when there was only one stitch and I wish I hadn't. I worked on it this evening some more, I have three rows of letters left. I know I said I had only four left before but I was off.

I am so sorry for your friend. I didn't want to say anything but I seen the ribbons in the corners. I am really sorry you lost a friend like that. Those were ribbons in the corner weren't they?

I am doing a breast cancer ribbon afghan later on after this and my grand daughters one.

I am not tired but it is still time for bed so I guess I will try. Goodnight everyone. Have fun hooking in your dreams.

Judy those are beuatiful. I like the one with your name on it. Is it brown and pink? Hi Christy! Are you going to call me again? I will try to talk to you. Everyone is doing a good job, keep it up, we are getting there by inches. Twenty five rows is alot of rows. I should have measured out mine to see how many rows more I needed but I will add on after it's done with a border of some sort. I figured rows of stripes with each color should be nice. I wish I could give advise on letters because then mine would look better. I don't know what happened but at least one of my O's has blue showing through and I did a seperate bobbin so it shouldn't. Maybe I should have done two rows of white for the bottom. Or done it in half double crochet. My post it's got skweejawed, so I was working on the wrong row for awhile till I got to a letter that it made a difference on then I caught it, thank goodness it worked out ok. It was where I changed pages on the graph. You really got to watch closely and look at the forest instead of just the trees, I guess that's my big nugget of advise. Might have to break down and get a magnet board after all, but I am a cheapy and they cost about ten dollars here, then I have to get the magnets. But since I am making three maybe the investment would be worthwhile. It's hard to get it all lined up just right. Well, I worked on it a bit while supper cooked but I need to work on another project for another cal now.

I don't use a magnet board, just cross off my rows with a highlighter marker as they are completed. You can always make a copy so you can do that!

Thanks, Honey Dew...

The ghan with my name on it happened to also be the name of a dear friend of ours who was very ill. The ghan was made for her. She passed away on Christmas Day:(

Sorry to hear that Judy.

I am breaking my own rules, and crocheting on the afghan today instead of charity stuff, can't crochet on baby stuff today, so Afghan it was. Down to last row of letters, I had to take a break. I could hightlight the origonal pattern, won't hurt the pattern you can see through highlight. Might make it wrinkle I suppose. I will try it later when I find a highlighter. I am only doing this pattern once that I know of anyways.

Sorry to hear that judy, I am sure she was a wonderful lady. Cancer is so sad, my mom died of breast cancer. Speaking of which, I need to get my mamogram done soon. My grandfather had colon cancer but melenoma was what took his life. It seems to lead to other cancers. Cancer that is. It was a beautiful thing you did for her.

That would be easier for me. I have been doing the letters to tight of tension and it threw the whole blanket off but I am not starting over, this will just be my learners afghan and brother in law will have to love it. I am weaving ends in now, will probably be doing that for a good while, it looks like some wild idea of fringe.

Thank you!!!

Diane - Your ghans are beautiful.

Lisa - That is an awesome graph.

I hope to get started again on Dora this weekend. I will try to post a pic of my graph.

Judy. Wonderful!!!

Here's some ways I've used graph design in my work. The blue ghan...I have a better pic somewhere on my blog.

th_HPIM0555.jpg

th_HPIM0458.jpgpurse

th_HPIM0408.jpg

th_HPIM0374.jpgpotholder

th_HPIM0319.jpg

th_HPIM0278.jpgpotholders

th_HPIM0274.jpg12 inch square

th_HPIM0258.jpgended up as a tapestry on the wall of our great-nephew's room

th_HPIM0247.jpgfor my DS's office (chiropractor)

th_HPIM0245.jpg

Kath, the ghan is wonderful! Very striking in the Army colors!:clap

Thanks Judianne! It was a graph ghan that you couldnt carry along colors that's for sure. With that kind of contrast they showed up if you carried them along, so there were A LOT Of bobbins/baggies of yarn going at once , but it was worth it!

Hugs

Kath

My son came home so I finally got a picture of the graph ghan I finished.

Michael Holding Army Graph Afghan

Hugs

Kath

Kath, that is great! :clap

Judy, those blankets are awsome. You do really great work. Are they all sc stitches or tunsian?

Christi, I can't wait to see your sweater. Are you going to do a blanket after that?

How is everyone else coming along. I hope to finish the black rows tonight and start the color change tomorrow. But, I have one kid sleeping over at a friends and one I have to pick up from Columbus. Hope to get some crocheting done.

OI!!! Yeah, I found a site I'm in love with right now, mckcreations .com

Wow! Now I will end up ordering 6 patterns and getting 3 free, then I will have to be working on graph ghans for the rest of my life :oopsBut I love the way they look!

Hi guys! I'm lurking here. There's not a whole lot that I can add to this cal. As much as I just love graphghans - my hands just can't hold out doing all those sc's.

I do have to say that all of the pics I've seen so far are just amazing!

I like that Kath, you did a good job. No further work done so far. I had to run to work for a bit then a little nappie poo turned into a big nappy poo. So here I am dreading the ends looking me in the face. I have like three letters, maybe four weaved on one side only. It will get done. Weaving in ends you have to get in the groove to do.

Hi guys,

I have a few rows of my blanket done. I started the color changes and I don't want to stop. I already have about 8 bobbins going. I can't carry my yarn. I too found the mckcreations site. That's where I got the pattern I'm doing now. I love it! I bought 4 and got 2 free. I received them the very next day.

Kath, your blanket came out fantastic.

Christi, have you finished your sweater?

Judy, what kind of pattern are you working on? I don't remember. Loved the white shepherd avatar.

Snapdragon, how are you coming along?

I wish everybody lots of luck and little tangles. Hopefully, we will be seeing pictures soon.:photo

no.... I haven't finished my sweater yet... but I am done with the graph part! Been sick all weekend so I didn't do what I had planned.

mkccreations.com yeah.... its on the top 100 crochet sites, I am having a hard time deciding which patterns to buy. I am sorry Judy.... It is mckcreations

Tailspin, I got all the letters done for the bottom now it's a bunch of rows of plain blue. That should be easy. I need to watch my tension on the joining of colors I am pulling to tight. Bunch of end weaving to do. Endweaving sounds almost magical for what it actually is. Like a mystical thing. Well, you have to get in a mystical state to get them done, and get on a roll. You know what I am jabbering about? I took my sleeping pills a couple of hours so I blame it on those. Nighty night and all of you have fun with your hooks!

Christy quit getting sick, ya goober! It must be working with all those kids then all those grandkids. I hope you feel better soon and heres some (((((hugs)))) and XXXXXXXXX XOXO best friend.

Thanks, Diane...

I finished a baby ghan yesterday and then started making more squares to finsih a lapghan...graph ghan is still in the closet:lol

you going to show us pix of the lapghan and the baby ghan your making???

My son came home so I finally got a picture of the graph ghan I finished.

Michael Holding Army Graph Afghan

Hugs

Kath

Kath. That is way cool.

Dilyca, I look forward to seeing pictures. Krazy kitty I will be waiting for you! Nothing more done. Was pretty busy last night, got called in twice. I am working on squares for the square along on the sky cal too. Christy I hope your feeling better soon.

Hi Dew.... me too... cant breathe! And yeah, it must be the little kids, over 200 every day between K-2 and they don't exactly cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze cause they are trying to carry their trays. And because I am sitting at the computer ringing them up.... I get a LOT of germs!

Archived