graph afghans single crochet newbies and oldhatters

snapdragon928

That will be great, you joining us. And Christie! Yea! And Amy! Happy to have all of you each and everyone. I will work on my graph on sunday if not saturday, when I get home, but I usually do charity crochet on friday and saturday, as hubby doesn't like me crocheting much on those days, as it's our sabbath. I get away with charity crochet :-). I didn't do any crocheting at all today because I worked second shift and didn't bring any crochet with me. Usually I have some down time at the end of the shift. But this time I had to do some of third shifts laundry, to keep busy with no crochet. I am sure third shift was happy. I apreciate all the encouragment with everyone joining can't express that enough.

So that's why I couldn't post a thing for a site earlier. I didn't know it had naughty things in it. Thanks for explaining Amy.

Christie filet and graph are different things but both use squares and you can do a graph ghan from a filet chart and vice versa, I think.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?? No one has been in here? I don't know if I will get done first though, I have NEVER done a graph pattern and I have never done a wearable, but maybe, I might start tonight, picked up some yarn earlier. Good luck to everyone

Dianne what is your graph ghan of? The wedding present? Pictures! we love pictures here! Christie I seen a cute dolphin graph on those free graph sites, and a patriotic one on the linus blanket site, and a heart graph sample that was made into a baby blanket one square at a time. If you get itching to do more. I heard that your daughter is trying to send me something, I will pm you my email, it's new to you, but I thought you had it allready. Check your gage for your wearable, that will help you imensly. It's just you and me here today I guess, everyone busy doing your graphs? Happy valentines day everyone tomarro!

:hug Hi Honey Dew. :hi to everyone else.

:valday I am working on the ribbing right now, the pattern starts me off doing the back of the sweater :grumpy like I want to do plain blue. I am going to start on the front! So I can do the graph part! Hopefully today, I need to get as much done as possible before 2 because then I am getting my 7 grandkids (in a 14x70 mobile home) overnight. Hope their Mom and Dad really appreciate it. I am sure I won't get any :crocheting done after they get here, especially not graph work! Well, I will check back later, have a good day

It has taken me an hour to roll the bobbins from all the little balls of yarn, but the first needed ones are done plus one black one for later. So tomarro I will be :crocheting:hook. on the graph ghan ( or today rather it's today already) Come on people lets crochet!:D

I have a few rows done, but, need to roll some balls for all the different color exchanges in this afghan.

I am making an Iowa State afghan with the old logo with Cy the cyclone on it. I will post pix as I get something noticable done!!!LOL

Dianne what is your graph ghan of? The wedding present? Pictures! we love pictures here! Christie I seen a cute dolphin graph on those free graph sites, and a patriotic one on the linus blanket site, and a heart graph sample that was made into a baby blanket one square at a time. If you get itching to do more. I heard that your daughter is trying to send me something, I will pm you my email, it's new to you, but I thought you had it allready. Check your gage for your wearable, that will help you imensly. It's just you and me here today I guess, everyone busy doing your graphs? Happy valentines day everyone tomarro!

I need to get more bobbins or some clothes pins! But once I do it won't take long to do this little sweater. But then I might pick a graph ghan, I will feel like I know what I'm doing a little more, we'll see how it turns out.

Sounds great Diane. My first graph is a detroit Lions afghan of a football helmet with the words are you ready for some football. I am working on the bottom letters. Finding it hard to change colors in the middle of the stitch. Hard to remember.

I had to/have to roll more. I forgot that many letters have a color change in the middle. I am having troubles. I am not laughing any more. I forgot a letter and had to frog and it looks like I might have to do it again. This is HARD! I can do it I can do it! I hope more join up or my others come back, it might just be you me and Diane, christie. Thanks guys for hanging with me.

Good evening.

I got cakes rolled, hopefully I have enough. I have some white from previous afghans and some gold that I believe will be enough.

Snapdragon. Do you want to tell me how you are following the pattern.

I mentioned before that I use a maganetic board and some magnet strips. I got the board at Hobby Lobby. It is just a maganetic calander board that hs a maganetic serface of about 12.5 x 10 inches. The maganetic strips were sold in a roll and I cut a few about 9 inches long. One to mark my place and the other 2 to hold down the pattern. I always put the magnet on the row above what I am doing. Be sure to look over your pattern really well so that you can have an idea of what is coming up. Hopefully just a suggestion that will help you not have to frog much more as you go along.

I had to/have to roll more. I forgot that many letters have a color change in the middle. I am having troubles. I am not laughing any more. I forgot a letter and had to frog and it looks like I might have to do it again. This is HARD! I can do it I can do it! I hope more join up or my others come back, it might just be you me and Diane, christie. Thanks guys for hanging with me.

What stitch are you using. Remember to change colors at the end of your stitch.

Sounds great Diane. My first graph is a detroit Lions afghan of a football helmet with the words are you ready for some football. I am working on the bottom letters. Finding it hard to change colors in the middle of the stitch. Hard to remember.

Well. There is an awful lot in that flag. I don't know that it is something that I would tackle. Are you making your own graph or do you have someone making the graph for you?

Ok I am preg-o and my baby will be half Haitian so I want to do a graph gan of the Haitian flag for the new grandma to tote baby around with however I don't know if this is too detailed of a project to turn out well opinions plz

http://www.meccaakagrimo.com/shop/haitianflag.jpg

WOW, that is a detailed flag, if this is your first graph ghan, I would be looking into something simpler, else it will become a WIP. After all you only have what 7 8 moths to finish it at the most. You could use the single crochet instead of the tunisian stitch... that would make it a little easier. I printed my design onto a graph paper. there is a website that will turn your picture into a graph for you out there. You can find it on the thread from winter 2006 of tunisian graph cal.

the site is:

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

Well, maybe picking somthing small was not the best idea for a first! Some spots are only 1-3 stitches long, but if I carry my blue over under the white you see it, and I already have to many bobbins going! And I just miscounted stitches and had my ducks bottome a couple inches away from it's body. LOL

Course you can do it Honey Dew.... slow and easy.

Thanks Tracey, that looks like you could have ANYTHING made into a graph.

Liv.. I think that flag would be hard for a pro to do... lots of colors! But it is very pretty

Well I am in luck as I found my WIP of the Mid Ship runabout yesterday and managed to get my Junk room in order as well. I should be finished with my other project in a day or two, so I can start working on the graph again. uhmmm, yipppeee I think!

Wow, Liv! That a lot going on in that blanket. Can't wait to see it done..

I had 27 bobbins across the rows of letters that I did. That was just 6 letters..

How's everybody doing? I took a visit to the frog pond yesterday. My count was wrong somewere. So I ripped out 5 rows and now I'm back on track..

After I ripped out my rows I switched over to my socks for awhile before I pick it backup.. Needed to cool down a little before I picked it up again..:P

Ok..... this is what you've got me doing Honey Dew! Best friend or not I'm gonna :kick !

Graph work :goodorbad

Example:

th_HPIM0449.jpg

is this really suppose to look like this?

Ahhh but this looks much better!! :c9

th_HPIM0448.jpg

Archived