Do you ever have a project that you can't wait until it's finished?

That's the project I am working on now. I'm making a three color ripple pattern with brown, tan and blue and I am using a double strand of yarn.

It's going fast, but I'm not that thrilled with the colors, so I just can't wait until it's done so I can move on.

Oh, and I have a time limit on it so that kind of gives it priority over everything else. Good thing the Superbowl was on, I got about 20 rows done on it yesterday!:)Not a football fan at all.

So what is or was your project you couldn't wait to get done with?

:manyheart

Oh, yeah! Sometimes I just want the finished object and sometimes I am so sick of working on something that I am past ready to be done. Currently I am knitting a pretty scarf and I want the finished object. It has knitted up really fast but... I'm loving the scarf and want it around my neck, LOL. (Along with some cold weather to wear it for!)

The afghan I'm working on now is kind of boring. It didn't start out that way but it is now. It's called the Popcorn Ripple and it's a free pattern from Mary Maxim I picked up a while ago. It's all one color, sage green, single strand, and it's gonna weigh a ton when it's finished. I have a time limit on it too and that always makes a project seem to drag. During the Super Bowl I barely got one row done. I kept putting it down and picking up my knitting. :D

The pink blanket is wearing on me. I can't wait for it to be done and on it's way to the recipient. I am going to try and get it to her for Valentine's day.

I think I have to put off other items on my list because I think My Godson needs a prayer shawl (not the godson who got the throw -which we finally heard a thank you for yesterday).

I think usually by the time I'm about half done an afghan I'm ready for it to end. I've found that although I like the relatively quick gratification of completing individual motifs, I really don't like having to join them all up at the end. Just when you think it's almost done you still have the joining, and extra ends to weave in.

By the time I'm nearing completion of a project, I have so many ideas to go with next, that I can barely wait to finish. Sometimes it starts as early has half-way through, especially if the one I'm on is getting boring. :D So, yep, it happens to me too!:P

me, I usually love my projects and cant wait to finish them just to see how it looks...lol.. but bigger projects do sometimes get boring, thats why I always have alittle one going on at the same to switch back and forth

I'm so glad not to be alone in this. I'm ready to be done with just about every project, no matter how big or small, as soon as I get half way or more done with it. I think our creative minds just want to move on to the next new thing. Especially, if we've already got the yarn, material, whatever.

Well, I am glad I'm not the only one.

This blanket needs about 14 more rows and it's finished! Oh, and the edging all the way around. Will I get it done in time?

Almost ALL my projects are ones I can't wait to finish. I'm always really excited to see how they will turn out, my excitement is usually what keeps me going until I finish a project. My dad calls it "impatient persistence" ;):D Right now I think the project I'm most excited about is my rainbow ripple! I'm using bright colors, so can't wait to see how it looks. I'm the same way with wanting to start on new projects though too, when I get new yarn they burn holes through my hook case until I start a new project with them ;):lol

I'm with you. I have a pact with myself though that I won't crochet anything that makes me unhappy. So, I have a large amount of yarn in LSU colors waiting on a new pattern because the one I chose MADE ME UNHAPPY. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out until it was about 3/4 done.:eek

Oh I am so ready for my RR to be done. It is taking way longer then I like. But had to put it away it has been boring me to tears.

I feel the exact same way! I keep my RR hidden because I hate it so much! :lol I don't know why I even keep doing it! I think it's peer pressure, everyone on here has made such beautiful RRs and I don't want to be left out! :lol But it is sooo boring! :yawn

oh my goodness! I thought i was the only one!!! Sooo glad to see this and now know it's not just me. I just finished a RR for my daughter and then started this huge project of a sampler afgan. Its 63 different squares and i'm using vanna's Choice. i made my 30th square last night!! Now I just want to be done.

With me, If I don't like the stitch, I will get bored with it. I will, like the most, start out very excited and then as time goes on change over to another small project to break the boredom. Unfortunately, that generally means the original project may become a WIP if I don't force myself to complete the thing. I am working one now as well.

This monster project is almost done! I just have to tuck in my ends and put a row of sc all the way around and it's done! Horray.

I once made a baby afghan red and white stripped that I just didn't like. Red is not my favorite color and unless the project is something special I have a very hard time working with it.

The monster is done. And dd's bf loves it. He's home this weekend, and I wanted him to have it. So I worked very hard and got it done.

Spent over an hour just tucking in ends! Yikes!

Ohh yeah I am working on a V-stitch throw currently and It seemed like I had alot of momentum at the beginning... It was working up quick, but now I am nearly finished and I am bored with the repeatitive stitches :sigh

but i am determined to finish it :crocheting

I have this knitted afghan from Lion Brand website. It's Winter Lace Afghan. It's basically lace knitting with bulky yarn.

It's for mom as birthday/xmas gift :blush. It look easy and quick to knit. But it's NOT.

I decide to finish up several squares for a WIP project, then I can go back to this afghan. I hope to finish it soon as possible.

The only time I can't wait for something to be finished is when I don't have time to work on it & it seems like I've been working on the same thing for-ever (more than 2 weeks). I always think "haven't I been using that yarn for YEARS now?!?"

The odd time I've done the same pattern 5 or 6 times in a row and then I start to regret it. And yes, the RR gets to be a bit boring near the end, but at least it's quick to do - I try to mix it up by using interesteing colours. Crochet is very relaxing for me, so I don't get too wokredup about it.

Fran

even though i did enjoy making my hubbys mexican blanket with the chevrolet badge in the middle ,i was really glad to finish it as it was very slow growing .

And as others have said , i cant wait to get on to the next thing :)

Archived