Don't you hate when....

You have a half a skein of yarn and find a pretty pattern that you THINK you have enough of. So you think, YAY I can make this AND get rid of some stash at the same time! Then you're nearly done. Maybe 10 - 15 stitches left...and what happens?!?! YOU RUN OUT OF YARN!!!!!

ARGH!! There goes your getting rid of stash, off to the store to buy a full skein and add to my stash!:lol

OMG!! That just happened to me the other day. I was making that "puff stitch" scarf. I just needed about 20 or less stitches to finish it up. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get more stitches out of the yarn!! :lol So off to Wal-Mart for another skein!! There's been other projects like that, that I try to use up my stash and I end up going to the store for more yarn!! Can't win for losing!! :lol

This happens to me ALL THE TIME.

I always have these awesome ideas to get rid of stash--usually this involves making a pullover with stripes. As it turns out, I work out a color scheme with the stash yarn where I end up running out of some color and, like you, have to get more. The real agony is when I have to not only do that, but ORDER it online (with shipping), because I can't find the color/type of yarn in any store around (and by this point, I've probably used up time and gas $$$ looking).

That is frustrating! Before Christmas I make a lot of slippers for presents. Sometimes I'll run short of a color for the last row or so. I usually get a color from my stash that is close and those slippers are the ones I keep for me.

Use to happen all the time! This is why I have half skiens of yarn:blush. And tons of white (tried doing a white and color scrap afghan but didn't use them all up).

So I started making som scrap granny squares and since I had yarn left over from my babette (still need to weave in ends on that one) I'm doing another scrap afghan. These scrap squares are great stress relievers. The white I'm working on a shawl with for me, since I don't care too much if the color is slightly off (no labels, but I'm sure all Red Heart yarn).

Debbi

I am making a lion brand pattern for a basket weave afghan. I had 8 skeins bought on clearance really cheap!!! I needed 2 more and couldn't find them at a price better then 25% off

LOL...I hear ya. When I look at a new pattern or crochet mag I always manage to say, "how is it possible I don't have enough, or the right yarn in my stash for this?" My BF complies and shakes his head...thus...another addition to my yard addiction.

Oh my, this JUST happened to me the other day. I am making a lapghan for my father, and I was ALMOST done! GRRR, about 5 or 6 stitches left, and no yarn! So I will get the yarn, finish the lapghan, and make him a scarf to match :-)

Yep, happened with a hat for my daughter not long ago. I think I frogged halfway and switched to a smaller hook to no avail, still missed a few stitches but since it was a mesh hat I threaded a ribbon between the last 2 rows and tied the bow right above the gap and presto!

Now I'm making a ripple blankie without a pattern and I'm praying I don't run out of any of the colors so I don't have to run and get more...

yup that happens to me all the time today I wanted to make a washcloth and I ended up with a swatch because I didn't have enough peaches n creme sure I could buy more but it probably wouldn't be the same dye lot I guess I'll have to buy the cones at Walmart to ensure I'll have enough cotton yarn lol

This just happened to me last night! I was working on a scarf when I ran out of yarn about 10 stitches away from the end. I resisted the urge to go out and buy more, though and am just going to make a shorter scarf. :lol Thankfully with smaller items you could work it out by making the thing smaller or using a smaller hook. But I have done that with shawls too and that is really frustrating! Especially if it's a color I don't like much to begin with. :lol

My problem is that WalMart around here only caries a very select amount of yarn, and the next closest place to buy yarn is about 30 or so miles from here - at least a half-hour's drive. So, I love to buy yarn, but hate having to drive so far to get it :-(

Oh, yeah. I just hate it when I have to get more yarn :lol

:lolI know! Its not the buying more yarn thats frustrating though. I LOVE that part. Its the only 10 more stitches to go thats annoying.

you are not alone! my husband will tell you I am notorious for this. He knows because I make a lot of late night runs to walmart when I run out with just a few stitches to go! argh!:thair the thing is I can't quite manage to buy ONLY the yarn I came for.

Thats my problem too. Thats why my stash is much bigger thatn it should be....or not!!!;)

Archived